As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] Astera Fest: Catch 'em all.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Anyone on PC around HR29-ish? I kinda wanna skip all the Low-rank and story stuff, so I'd love to have a save I could use.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    There are save editors I think

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, but they can only edit your inventory, not your level/progression.

Though I'm dumb, I could just ask one of my buddies that just got the game!

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Huh, curious what all you can do with that. I was working my way back through HR, though haven't had a ton of motivation to get fully caught back up yet since moving to PC.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    It's been pretty seamless, I got my buddy's save and used my free character change voucher to edit my hunter (Though you can't edit your Palico), and used a save editor to put my SteamID to the save and change my playtime.

I gave myself a bunch of decos too, because I ain't doing that grind again. Only things I've seen I can't change with it are adding equipment (armors, weapons, mantles) and quest progression. I can change my HR but I don't know if that could cause issues so I left it alone.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    The only thing on PC I've found you can't seemingly cheat in is finding that fucking downy crake to finish the quest for it. You can buy one if you change your store items, sure, but it doesn't count towards the discovery.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I did see a mod recently that causes 100% spawn rate for all critters, but you're still bound by the constraints such as "Only appears at night".

I also booted up my PS4 game last night and it's really jarring how bad it runs in comparison. I used to think it looked pretty smooth on my PS4Pro. Also the Vaseline filter :(

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    I did see a mod recently that causes 100% spawn rate for all critters, but you're still bound by the constraints such as "Only appears at night".

I also booted up my PS4 game last night and it's really jarring how bad it runs in comparison. I used to think it looked pretty smooth on my PS4Pro. Also the Vaseline filter :(

Jesus it would be nice if the search functionality on Nexus Mods wasn't so bad. Thanks!

Naphtali on
  • Options
    I just might install that mod too, I had forgotten about those quest, specially the fishing ones.

One that my buddies downloaded that I don't agree with to a point is the damage info, since they now have a "health bar" for every monster and their parts, which I think does kinda ruin it for the game.

• Options
    Trophy list for Iceborne just got leaked, but I'm not reading it because of potential spoilers (I'm just like that) but I'm so tempted to.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    There is one spoiler, the name of a new deviant

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    I will avoid looking at the trophies but as long as it is platinum possible (for me) I will be happy.

Though going through so many large and small crowns was grinding after a while.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    For fucks sake, 2 more fucking “Must get all Gold Crowns” achievements Capcom? That super random bullshit shouldnt be tied to achievements.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    So looking at the expac trailer, it looks like they added a bit of furniture customization.

Jeesh, if Capcom wanted to cater to me anymore than they already have, they’d have to start adding romance quests.

Muzzmuzz on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Monhun isn't a romance genre, the internet would take issue with wooing monsters you've been beating up.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Monhun isn't a romance genre, the internet would take issue with wooing monsters you've been beating up.

Tell that to Guildmarm.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    'the handler has noticed the way you KO'ed fulger anjanath'

the commander disapproved of your use of a farcaster

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAxPZl5ck50&feature=youtu.be

New variant monster inside, if you're interested

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAxPZl5ck50&feature=youtu.be

New variant monster inside, if you're interested

≈4:40 if you want to skip to it

camo_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    mts wrote: »
    'the handler has noticed the way you KO'ed fulger anjanath'

the commander disapproved of your use of a farcaster

There is only one true romance in Monster Hunter...

and that is the budding romance between Hunter and Palico.
    DON'T JUDGE ME FOR WEARING A PURPLE PALICO ONESIE!

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Oh dang, lots of skill changes, between nerfs and buffs, but it seems they're really pushing to have more variety in weapon choice rather than "Just use wyvern ignition"

Biggest one I've seen is a nerf to weakness exploit:

Weakness Exploit now requires tenderized part to reach 50% critical chance.

Lvl1 10% + 5% if tenderized
    Lvl2 15% + 15% if tenderized
    Lvl2 30% + 20% if tenderized

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Did they remove that silly elemental cap?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    They'll have to buff elemental motion values & formulas if they really want more variety than just raw on some weapons.

@Satsumomo got a link to skill changes?

• Options
    @Satsumomo Hey, if I was to fix up my PC save to try to have more parity with my PS4 version. Would you suggest I try out one of those save editors (not sure which one to use) or just use the mod that lets me buy bits and such from the vendor and crafting them that way?

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    imagine not wanting to date the monsters, smh

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Well, that'll give me more time to gear up and be ready for when the expansion drops.

Just downed the tempered kirin this past Sunday night/Monday morning.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    They'll have to buff elemental motion values & formulas if they really want more variety than just raw on some weapons.

@Satsumomo got a link to skill changes?

It's pretty barebones right now, until we get someone who can translate everything, but there's a lot of discussion here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/ck9vnu/sneak_peak_to_the_new_smithy_skills_and_equipments/
    Saldonas wrote: »
    @Satsumomo Hey, if I was to fix up my PC save to try to have more parity with my PS4 version. Would you suggest I try out one of those save editors (not sure which one to use) or just use the mod that lets me buy bits and such from the vendor and crafting them that way?

This is the one I used: https://github.com/AsteriskAmpersand/MHW-Save-Editor/releases

Adding items is a bit messy, since just like MH, the items aren't in alphabetical order, and you can't sort what you already have, so I limited myself to giving myself 30 gold wyverian tickets. As I've mentioned before, this save editor doesn't let you add weapons or armor, so you'll have to add items if you want to craft them, which is a bit of a pain.

What I essentially did was get my friend's save (HR 41), edited my character with the free DLC voucher, gave myself the most important decos I already had on PS4 (I cheated and gave myself +1 guard deco :P ) and that's it. My friend didn't have any palico gear or mantles unlocked, which kinda sucked so I've been doing those, also getting canteen ingredients.

That public save right after Xeno, I don't know what kind of stuff it has, if you'd like my save I'd be glad to share, I think I'm HR48 now, just one complete build which is full Witcher set + fully upgraded Nergi LS. I also got really freaking lucky and got a Hero Streamstone for swords from a T2 investigation I think. Of course, I don't have any mats to even use it.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I really like the new attacks they gave [the third monster in that spoiler].

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Oh dang, lots of skill changes, between nerfs and buffs, but it seems they're really pushing to have more variety in weapon choice rather than "Just use wyvern ignition"

Biggest one I've seen is a nerf to weakness exploit:

Weakness Exploit now requires tenderized part to reach 50% critical chance.

Lvl1 10% + 5% if tenderized
    Lvl2 15% + 15% if tenderized
    Lvl2 30% + 20% if tenderized
    this is actually a huge deal and i'm here for it

end the diablos/deviljho tyranny

• Options
    Crit Eye going to 40% at level 7 is good as well to help offset that somewhat

• Options
    max might nerfed, nonele boost nerfed

holy hell they're killing the old meta

• Options
    I imagine this is pretty insane for an expansion/continuation to a title? At the same time this probably helps add a bit more variety to the game when things definitely could use some balance.

• Options
    G rank + temporal nerf + DPS skill nerfs

shit's gonna be hard

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Dear Capcom

Why is there no mic stand weapon for hunters, just palicos? I want a hunting horn version so that when I perform the songs I'm leaning over screaming into the mic.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Don't forget, if you're on PC - for the next week starting tomorrow is the Summer Festival which is the only one PC hasn't had yet. You can get layered Diver Armor and layered Sunglasses.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Also for PC hunters: no preorders yet, but iceborne has a store page up now so you can wishlist it.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    pissei-pissei

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I suppose I should be grateful that it's not a year wait between console and PC like it used to be for Japanese-English releases, but still, the fact that there's a four month gap kinda sucks, especially for the expansion to their best selling game ever.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow