Options

[Fighting Games] As conceived in 2016 by Twitter operators

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Decided to boot up BBTAG for some reason, haven't played since the patch.

Oh boy I literally remember nothing about this game at all!

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Brolo on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Decided to boot up BBTAG for some reason, haven't played since the patch.

Oh boy I literally remember nothing about this game at all!

I haven't played Tag in a while. I wanna play it again as I love it. Please hit me up sometime (I have it on all platforms).

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Man, so much Injustice downplay ... Rough.
    Ironically, I think Tekken looks like butts (it drives me absolutely nuts that all characters share the same "ack, my back!" animation at the end of the round), and I feel lots of the motion in it is also disconnected and weird, but it's regarded much more highly in general so indeed, to each their own. ;P

The one thing that's definitely weird about Injustice is that the round start / facial animations are quite good, so it's not like there aren't people on staff capable of some stellar stuff.

Totally unrelated, the Honda talk from earlier made me think about how an interesting character design might actually be that they power up as you pressure them, with the intention that they have really strong reversal potential. Something to create kind of a tug-of-war on whether you should let off or try to bait their reversal opportunity, or continue attacking and further the risk. Is that a an existing character in some game? Some sort of "revenge" style based on how much you've been attacking them?

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    didn't people feel urien and balrog in sfv were (are?) like that because of the comeback potential of their v-triggers? that isn't really the same thing though because vtrigger is a universal comeback mechanic, they just have really good ones

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    I could understand that, but I'm definitely thinking something you'd be more likely to find in an ASW or Atlus game. A dedicated meter that fills and empties, and confers assorted benefits at different levels. Just feel like that sort of thing could lead to some really good tension in the hands of players who play very strong defense.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Oh my fucking goddd

So ayob00m is a ridiculously good Yoshimitsu player, and is on a 117 game win streak when he gets matched up against another excellent Yoshi in BenWithVees, and it looks like Ben is the boss fight that will end the streak when he picks up the first two rounds pretty handily. Boom battles back though, ties up the match, and then it all comes down to this:

https://clips.twitch.tv/TenaciousCallousThymeTriHard

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    and this is how Boom broke Party Wolf's SC6 record 127 match win streak

https://clips.twitch.tv/SillyTawdryWasabiNinjaGrumpy

• Options
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, that's awesome.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Infil banned from CPT for a year, which... feels WAY too lenient to me.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

The tweet under this has a summary of the investigation, and notes that they were advised that Korean law prohibits them releasing the actual translated court documents.

Basically he was involved in an altercation with his ex that the police were called to, and did get convicted for "violence" (quotes because that's what the summary used, presumably because the actual charge is of course a Korean word/phrase) and pay a $630 fine. Most of the other allegations in the reddit post were not accurate.

Infiltration basically says he never hit her and it was just a loud argument; he didn't contest the charge to avoid a lengthy legal proceeding. His ex wife says it got physical and that he hurt her wrist. There is a hospital chart, but the actual police report from the responding officer can't be accessed.

I'm impressed at how thorough PG was and think they made the right choice.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    having read that, seems fair.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    It's going to be interesting to see if he can salvage a career after this. I'm never going to condone violence against women, but the whole thing is way more shades of grey than similar things you see in the NFL or other public spotlights, yet the FGC has taken it much more seriously than those spaces seem to.
    Personally, I think it's hard to say this is an entirely reasonable outcome for what genuinely appears to be a very heated argument in a complex and troubled relationship. Character assassination, loss of sponsor, loss of standing, voluntary suspension from your sport - guy is definitely paying hard considering she's still pursuing him in court. And I say all this as someone who still *doesn't really like him*. >_>

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    How is it way more shades of grey exactly?

We barely even know what happened and what did doesn't sound good.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Hey fuck off if your acceptance of physical aggression in an argument goes above "absolutely not, fuck off"

• Options
    edited November 2018
    It's shades of grey because it was unquestionably an intentional attempt to destroy his image by falsifying accounts. Yes, we can't be certain of the exact happenings, but it sure as hell doesn't seem like he was the routine woman-beater he was being set up as.

And thanks kindly for insinuating I'll tolerate violence. He should have to atone somehow, and it seems he's precisely doing just that. But I also believe that people deserve another chance and the ability to grow and learn from their mistakes, not be labelled as [a criminal] for the rest of their lives. But it was internet news, so lots of people will assume it true or remember him as such regardless. Hence, my curiosity of where he goes from here, and the note that he's actually paying a price that many who do similar or worse do not. :|

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I really can't say I care about outside motives, I ignored most of the hearsay anyway. Nor arguing about if said abuse is is bad as some folks were trying to make it.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    The guy was convicted, fined, subjected to a restraining order, and is involved in further litigation.

I honestly don't care what the fine details are, or if someone is trying to smear him, or what the fuck ever else. I don't want that guy in my community.

• Options
    “Not getting paid to play video games” isn’t exactly ruining a dude’s life, I’m sure he’ll find a way to go on

and maybe when someone else is lucky enough to have such a rare opportunity, they’ll think twice before laying hands on another person in anger

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    The fact that the Fighting Game Community is responding to something like this with more professionalism and seriousness than the NFL is an indictment of the NFL, and a sign that the FGC is trying. Which is incredibly heartening.

• Options
    Knob wrote: »
    The guy was convicted, fined, subjected to a restraining order, and is involved in further litigation.

I honestly don't care what the fine details are, or if someone is trying to smear him, or what the fuck ever else. I don't want that guy in my community.

yeah letting Noel Brown stick around for as long as he did really made me side-eye a lot of the FGC

we can find other pro players to replace this one dude

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Taramoor wrote: »
    The fact that the Fighting Game Community is responding to something like this with more professionalism and seriousness than the NFL is an indictment of the NFL, and a sign that the FGC is trying. Which is incredibly heartening.

Panda Global and Capcom have responded appropriately. There is still a wide and vocal set of people taking the stance of 'well he didnt do anything At A Tournament so it is unfair to punish him, he's a good player with lots of fans, who cares what he does outside of videogames'.

The top level orgs are starting to work more professionally, instead of being a loose handshake deal Old Boys Club network. There's still a shitload of work to be done in the middle, though.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Punk has returned to peak form by messing with samurai for 2 games with sagat, losing badly and then switching to Karin and 3-0ing him with almost no resistance

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    This whole process of extreme delay from negotiations followed by only partial confirmation is weird.

So far, they've confirmed one game I'm not that good at and haven't played in almost a year coupled with two games I don't even own.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I went to Capcom pro tour NA finals last yesterday and I was absolutely in no way prepared to sit one row behind Justin Wong, Punk and NuckleDu just hanging out.

It was awesome.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I went to Capcom pro tour NA finals last yesterday and I was absolutely in no way prepared to sit one row behind Justin Wong, Punk and NuckleDu just hanging out.

It was awesome.

you were the one guy in the audience :O :O :O

did you get any free energy drinks?

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    mxmarks wrote: »

It was awesome.

you were the one guy in the audience :O :O :O

did you get any free energy drinks?

Haha it was the first thing I ever went to so I was like "Is this a normal crowd size?"

I walked in and LITERALLY ran into Yipes and Justin Wong was right there and it was honestly a bit weird. Like, where there's a ton of people you feel kind of like you can ask for pictures and stuff, but this was literally just the people competing hanging out so I didn't want to bother anyone.

And my cousin works for Red Bull (which is how I got the tickets) so yes, I had plenty of free Red Bull.

But the venue was awesome and I had a lot of fun so I am 1000% in to go to anything like that again.

I rocked my WHENS MAHVEL shirt. I believe in MvC4!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    audiences usually comprise of just people competing. i don't know why the audience was so bad for an open premiere event, maybe just nobody signed up but the pros

that was fewer people than I've seen at smash locals. maybe they didn't advertise it

• Options
    I can confirm living here there was absolutely no advertising at all.

Also until RIGHT THIS SECOND I had no idea it was open to the public or I would have entered just so I could say I did.

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    What the hell, I had no idea that was going to be here! I would have entered if I had known

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options

these are OK

i think the Cody one might be the best

i have not been following the scene for at least 3-4 months, I wonder what happened to Cody.. he seemed "Most likely S3 DLC to make it into the tournament meta" and then poof gone

G also seemed to have potential but now only Smug plays him for memes

Trying to think back to Season 2... Akuma Abigail Menat and even Kolin all were at least somewhat on the radar during their debut seasons... peculiar that seemingly no S3 character has broken out

• Options
    G got some play in top 8 last night

• Options
    Isn't Blanka also pretty decent, just ... what, has bad matchups against the best characters or something?

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

which Top 8 there were 3 different Top 8s 8-)

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I'm still all in on G at this point

he's entertaining for me to play and just Do Stuff™

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

which Top 8 there were 3 different Top 8s 8-)

NuckleDu destroyed Justin Wong with G to go up 2-0.

Then Wong figured it out and made it 2-2.

Du switched to Mika and won at that point.

After winning the whole thing Punk said he may bring back G during Capcom Cup. (But he listed about 10 characters he said he may use)

• Options
    Isn't Blanka also pretty decent, just ... what, has bad matchups against the best characters or something?

he is OK yeah. im mostly commenting on pros, and his presence in tournaments. Valle plays Blanka, but he's not really a tournament player anymore sadly

There was one Blanka at the red bull event who is also a streamer (Magnegro? maybe I'm wrong).

I'll be playing some SFV this week to check out the recent stability patch and I guess technically also in anticipating of Season 4. But really it's because I've finally cycled through some other games in my library and can afford to waste nights stunning and getting stunned in two sequences

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Is meele still in

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    doesn't look like they mentioned melee anywhere in those evo japan tweets no

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.