Options

[Fighting Games] As conceived in 2016 by Twitter operators

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Given that they are keeping a sort of timeline, like with sakura growing passed highscool, Yun would be an insufferable pre-teen.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

these are OK

i think the Cody one might be the best

i have not been following the scene for at least 3-4 months, I wonder what happened to Cody.. he seemed "Most likely S3 DLC to make it into the tournament meta" and then poof gone

G also seemed to have potential but now only Smug plays him for memes

Trying to think back to Season 2... Akuma Abigail Menat and even Kolin all were at least somewhat on the radar during their debut seasons... peculiar that seemingly no S3 character has broken out

TBF most people don't transition to new characters until the current season is over unless they currently don't have their character or are in a character crisis from current season nerfs.

A lot of folks were waiting for Akuma and Ryu got nerfed which explained him and while a lot of folks were theorycrafting Kolin, Menat and Abigail you didn't see them too much outside of a handful of players.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    doesn't look like they mentioned melee anywhere in those evo japan tweets no
    Melee wasn't in Evo Japan last time either because apparently they don't care about playing that version as much as the newest version. Top Japanese player at Evo 2018 Smash4 got 3rd place, top Japanese player in Melee there was 65th.

Somewhat disappointed in that Sakura holiday outfit, though. Still probably gonna buy it anyway for completeness sake and maybe there's a costume code or alt color that makes it look better, but the CPT outfit's still my favorite.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Oh wow a good cammy costume

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Phase two of the costumes better have Nemesis Abby.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Put Hunk in season 4

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    SFV gets more Capcom love than their latest versus game did

I'm not salty

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    the RE costumes are pretty cool

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Slightly salty that Ada Wong isn't Chun but then again Chun has like a billion costumes so it's not that bad

I want a Ryu costume of RE's greatest everyman saviour: Tofu.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Ryu has to get buff Chris as his RE costume of course.

• Options
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

ArcRevo Japan 2018 Day 1 went live about an hour ago.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Some Arc Revo thoughts:
    - Izanami runs the show in BBCF (4 in the top 8!)
    - Those Raven nerfs really hurt, otherwise top tier is still top tier (Johnny and Chipp and Faust all represented in the top 8). 8 Different characters in top 8 is great to see, though! FAB's Potemkin is gdlk as always.
    - Ruby still fits into any team in BBTAG, showing up in 4 teams in the top 8. Gordeau still strong, but not quite omnipresent. Both Hyde and Narukami are completely absent from the top 8! KojiKOG still running team biggest bois, and making top 8 with it, warms my heart. I need to see matches of 24bann, because he's in top 8 with Akihiko on his team and I think many thought that character was trash.

There are two other games with finals (Million Arthur and Kill la Kill) that I don't think had streams of their pools. Anybody know much about how those games shook out?

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Oh my god, Zasalamel's story mode is the worst thing in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTsozDe3wYQ

It's literally twenty minutes of him talking over a single static image. Not a single fight.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I kind of have to respect the boldness of that

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Most important Smash theme revealed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_enh3GzXZQ

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Arc Revo is pretty fucking nuts right now

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    the smash guile's theme remix is a pretty good one

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Seeing a Tager/Waldstein player eliminate a Team Scythe Ruby/Gordeau player makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Big Boys is so fun to watch.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Speaking of fun to watch: Akihiko/Hakumen.

• Options
    4 Ruby's enter BBTag Top 8. Zero make it to Grand Finals.

It's a beautiful day.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I kind of have to respect the boldness of that

I guess it kind of fits thematically with his weird observer of timelines role, but it’s still super weird.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I'll admit to having suffered a similar rude awakening with Chronicle mode in UNIST when I did not know that was what it was. Having that actually just be one character's story is indeed a bold move.

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular

Wow, was that character always that dumb? I haven't played World Heroes in literal decades

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Is there anything about world heroes that isn't dumb?

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    I picked up DBFZ for Switch just because it was on sale and now I'm back in. The portable controls give me a hand cramp but the pro controller is excellent.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Despite coming out a year beforehand, Jeanne was always a poverty version of Charlotte.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    World Heroes is a goofy-ass game that is weirdly lovable.

On one hand you've got Muscle Power who is a straight up ripoff of Hulk Hogan, you've got Doctor Brown who is Doc Brown, you've got Brocken who is one part Nazi and one part Inspector Gadget and was built by Doctor Brown, you've got Fuuma who is a ninja that is a salaryman most days, you've got Mudman....

MUDMAN!
    https://youtu.be/6zEhbNyQnSU

• Options
    edited November 2018
    DBFZ patch came out here are some translated notes.

Key takeaways.

- Lvl 3 oki majorly nerfed/normalized.
    - Guard Cancel buffed might actually be useful now.
    - Z Assist nerfed so you can't use them in certain situations. Probably to stop DP assist calls during blockstun(or the Kazunoko special).
    - Bardock, A16, and A. Gohan all nerfed(still all top 5 more than likely).
    - Gotenks probably best character in the game now.
    - Minor buffs for most of the other cast members. Some are pretty nice but overall the tier list probably the same).
    - A17 and Cooler mostly unchanged, probably too early.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    NoClip makes good stuff. Plus spooky.

https://youtu.be/zsE5H1dnPT0

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Musical dlc 2. Teasing season pass 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXf87Xzrmxc

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Full documentary is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vya3FDVHiio

I met spooky once. He was helping run the mystery game tournament at Combo Breaker. Just a really, really cool guy.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    a potential and hopeful change for SFV in Season 4...

the literal arcade edition has gone back to a BP/PP system

i would really like to see that come back

also Kira, who has a very good batting average with SFV data mining, says that the SFV netcode has been updated to be the same as MVCI, which for my money was pretty decent

Jasconius on
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Am I the crazy one here for thinking BP/PP was bad? BP was functionally just a per-character exp bar (which SFV has now, except better since it's actually an EXP bar and level system instead of a totally meaningless number). PP is literally just the same as your LP now, an account-wide skill-based score. Also, there was no real matchmaking, so that part was trashhhhhhhhhhhh.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Euphemon wrote: »
    Am I the crazy one here for thinking BP/PP was bad? BP was functionally just a per-character exp bar (which SFV has now, except better since it's actually an EXP bar and level system instead of a totally meaningless number). PP is literally just the same as your LP now, an account-wide skill-based score. Also, there was no real matchmaking, so that part was trashhhhhhhhhhhh.

I liked being able to see the numbers for expert player on an alt character, but ymmv

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Hi fight thread. I got a copy of sc6 from secret saints.

But seeing as I have no experience with 3d fighters much less sc games you guys got any good youtube channels to watch to pick up the basics and systems from?

This discussion has been closed.