As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dog [chat] Support

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Oh my gawd look at this WoW mount

789010.jpg

I must have it

How do you get it?

We don't know yet, but probably with real money, likely the blizzcon digital pass or whatever.

edit: wait no "Update: You will receive The Dreadwake as a reward for purchasing 180 days of game time between today and 10/22/2018."

i still feel a bit burned by the diablo annual pass thing

but then again

shiny boat

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Chanus wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    One time someone on the forums called Bleric “Cleric” and I honestly stared at it for 10-15 seconds trying to puzzle out this confusing new portmanteau

everyone calls me chanus, rhymes with anus, and that's not how i pronounce it, but it's gotten to the point where i think maybe i'm wrong

I call u chanus like Chan-uhs if that helps

it does

I definitely say Chanus pronouncing chan like the can in trashcan in my head.

Like Chanus-chan.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I think Brad and BeNarwhal generally operate under the same rules which is why I have no preference

But what I do know is that BeNarwhal is a mouthful and every attempt at abbreviating it is terrible >_>

Whereas Brad is so short you can almost accidentally say it

but you're benards

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    chat lend me your collective datacom knowledge.
    I need to repurchase some pop-in boxes for cable runs.
    These were not normal boxes. they were for shallow walls and such where it was the faceplate mount area and then two elongated ends that go into the wall that you slipped the plastic braces on and pull towards you to tighten it against the drywall.
    We dont have the the bag in so i cant find the god dang part number

@TTODewback Any chance you could take a picture? I dunno if I'd be able to help you either way but a picture wouldn't hurt.

going to walk over and see if we have any in our supply closet. i think they said there was one or two that someone had lost the pegs to.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    cha - noose
    SHA-nwah.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    y2plfm72zpzc.jpeg

Ah yes, my most common and most aesthetically pleasing awesome trio

Look at that color coordination...

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

I know licensing is a pain in the dick but I feel like the lack of D&D: Shadow over Mystara & Tower of Doom really make this less appealing.

but I already have them on Steam so shrugemoji.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular

789010.jpg

I must have it

How do you get it?

We don't know yet, but probably with real money, likely the blizzcon digital pass or whatever.

edit: wait no "Update: You will receive The Dreadwake as a reward for purchasing 180 days of game time between today and 10/22/2018."

Yeah. Not really worth it. 6 months game time. That is like $90.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Here to report I am still having weird symptoms around my right eye

I hope it doesn't explode

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »

789010.jpg

I must have it

How do you get it?

i still feel a bit burned by the diablo annual pass thing

but then again

shiny boat

I'm actually in a raid now so I can see myself playing WoW here and there for that long

On the other hand, that's like 70 something dollars.

I probably can't make a whole bunch of gold super fast to convert over either.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Fuck
    jebus beat me.

I'm slow and old and edited that post like 3 times because I typed too fast.

• Options

I know licensing is a pain in the dick but I feel like the lack of D&D: Shadow over Mystara & Tower of Doom really make this less appealing.

but I already have them on Steam so shrugemoji.jpg
    "WELCOME TO THE Dee AND Dee WORLD!"

And yeah, both of those games have been out for all consoles and Steam for a while. It would be nice if they were packaged in, though.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    One time someone on the forums called Bleric “Cleric” and I honestly stared at it for 10-15 seconds trying to puzzle out this confusing new portmanteau

everyone calls me chanus, rhymes with anus, and that's not how i pronounce it, but it's gotten to the point where i think maybe i'm wrong

I call u chanus like Chan-uhs if that helps

it does

I definitely say Chanus pronouncing chan like the can in trashcan in my head.

Like Chanus-chan.

Chanus chan so kawaii desu.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    So It Goes wrote: »

Have you checked under the eyelids for a stye? They look like tiny pimples and they hurt like the dickens (sometimes), but only when you blink.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    @ronya

re: ransomware/malware

#1 priority is to remove any browser addons you don't need. If you don't need Java, Flash, or Silverlight, remove them.

#2 priority is to keep your browser and any remaining addons up to date. Turn on autoupdating if you can. Put in a calendar reminder to check for updates every 30 days (if you want to be thorough) or 90 days (if you're lazy and have a larger appetite for risk).

I'm very good at keeping up to date, our IT lets us install driver and bios updates even

with one glaring exception

I need to keep old fart versions of Java around for work reasons, like 1.6. jre, not add-on, though

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I think Brad and BeNarwhal generally operate under the same rules which is why I have no preference

But what I do know is that BeNarwhal is a mouthful and every attempt at abbreviating it is terrible >_>

Whereas Brad is so short you can almost accidentally say it

but you're benards

This is the only one that approaches being acceptable: P

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Have you checked under the eyelids for a stye? They look like tiny pimples and they hurt like the dickens (sometimes), but only when you blink.

Hm I will look. But it's more right below the eye, where the sinus cavity is, so I'm guessing it's something to do with that.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    feel better sig

sig.gif
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    chanus I pronounce it rhyming with anus if it makes you feel better

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I beat Tower of Doom with a single quarter once.

Obviously that is going in my grave.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

Hm I will look. But it's more right below the eye, where the sinus cavity is, so I'm guessing it's something to do with that.

A stye makes your whole area hurt. Sinus included. It also tends to cause swelling to the point of eye closure. Hot compress of salt solution helps a ton with those.

• Options
    a
    y2plfm72zpzc.jpeg

Ah yes, my most common and most aesthetically pleasing awesome trio

Look at that color coordination...

There are probably so many posts with exactly those three awesomes in exactly that order <3

Chanus is quick, I am but his understudy. Wandering is our eager protégé

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    chanus I pronounce it rhyming with anus if it makes you feel better

it does

• Options

Still that sort of flickering / twitching of those under-eye muscles?

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    @ronya

re: ransomware/malware

#1 priority is to remove any browser addons you don't need. If you don't need Java, Flash, or Silverlight, remove them.

#2 priority is to keep your browser and any remaining addons up to date. Turn on autoupdating if you can. Put in a calendar reminder to check for updates every 30 days (if you want to be thorough) or 90 days (if you're lazy and have a larger appetite for risk).

I'm very good at keeping up to date, our IT lets us install driver and bios updates even

with one glaring exception

I need to keep old fart versions of Java around for work reasons, like 1.6. jre, not add-on, though

Yeah, that sucks a lot.

I understand, there is a lot of Cisco GUI shit that works only on 1.6 and older, but that's specifically because 1.7 introduced a lot of security features meant to frustrate attackers.

I run 1.6 on a VM just for shit like that.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    really i don't care what you guys call me as long as you don't call me late for dinner

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

Man goes to the eye doctor. Doctor asks if his eyes have ever been checked before.

Man says, "Naw, doc, they've always been brown."

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    really i don't care what you guys call me as long as you don't call me late for dinner

Ward Cleaver wants his joke back

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Things I learned in EU4: Protestantism is bad never be Protestant

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Don't be rhyming with anus

• Options
    edited September 2018

Could be referred pain, because the 2nd branch of the trigeminal cranial nerve goes to both of those locations. The second branch governs the pain responses in the area of the lower eyelid, cheek, nostril, etc. in a continuous area.
    ds00446_im00450_bn7_trigemneuralgiathu_jpg.jpg

I would caution against self-diagnosing trigeminal neuralgia or anything like that. If you've been sick with an upper respiratory infection, it could be related to that (infection that has affected your orbital muscles as well as sinusitis. My first guess for a twitchy eye and some sinus pain would be a stye, but usually those are visible if you look under your eyelids.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    at one point I realized our work laptops were never backed up and so I immediately moved all my stuff to onedrive because goddamn losing all my project notes

between that and local admin for everyone, though, I wonder why machines aren't pwned more often

maybe the sysadmin folk just distrust everything... but I can reach most machines on any port

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

high BP?

see a doctor?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    What’s the thing where u know your cold has turned into a sinus infection? I remember there being something to watch out for but not what it is

Currently everything smells and tastes like mucus q-q

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Bill Burr is just great.

• Options
    ronya wrote: »
    at one point I realized our work laptops were never backed up and so I immediately moved all my stuff to onedrive because goddamn losing all my project notes

between that and local admin for everyone, though, I wonder why machines aren't pwned more often

maybe the sysadmin folk just distrust everything... but I can reach most machines on any port

they might already be and nobody knows about it

I mean, ransomware is high-visibility but malware that works just by siphoning off data and hoping you capture a credit card or something, or even just an exploit that sits on a PC and waits around for a command & control server to tell it what to do, can live on a PC for months or even years before anybody notices it

that's why when somebody says "I don't bother with antivirus*, I just don't go to sketchy websites and I've never had a problem" I kinda roll my eyes. That's like saying "I've never been tested for an STD, and I don't have sex with prostitutes, and I'm just fine."

* But this is "not even wrong" because classic antivirus doesn't do much to protect against the types of malware we're talking about. If the argument is "I don't bother with antivirus because most antivirus is 5-10 years behind the current threat landscape" then I can at least respect that.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I love all the Kurosawa and Bergman movies that Chanus releases under his Chanus Films company

This discussion has been closed.