Options

Dog [chat] Support

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I still bomb around in my astral cloud serpent in wow.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    Apparently my parents sold their house and are moving in like 10 days. Huh.

My parents did this sort of thing a couple times during my 20s :P

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    chat lend me your collective datacom knowledge.
    I need to repurchase some pop-in boxes for cable runs.
    These were not normal boxes. they were for shallow walls and such where it was the faceplate mount area and then two elongated ends that go into the wall that you slipped the plastic braces on and pull towards you to tighten it against the drywall.
    We dont have the the bag in so i cant find the god dang part number

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Jebustina threw away some aged parmesan and now I'm kind of annoyed.

9 months in a cave and it was fine, but 3 weeks in my refrigerator was far too long. I'm looking at it in the trash bin and it looks fine, except for all the trash on it...

:-1:

Just cut off the outsides if you're worried about it.

It's been sitting overnight in some pretty goopy stuff. I'd say it's done.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

ok

i'm out

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Anyone looking into Maplestory 2? I am a masochistic gamer and am thinking about getting on this grind early.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Apparently my parents sold their house and are moving in like 10 days. Huh.

My parents did this sort of thing a couple times during my 20s :P

well its not a surprise. They've been trying to sell it for a while. Mom retired in like, january, and she was pretty much just waiting on this to move. Dad may or may not go live with one of his post docs/students for the rest of the year.

VishNub on
  • Options
    Jebustina threw away some aged parmesan and now I'm kind of annoyed.

9 months in a cave and it was fine, but 3 weeks in my refrigerator was far too long. I'm looking at it in the trash bin and it looks fine, except for all the trash on it...

:-1:

Just cut off the outsides if you're worried about it.

It's been sitting overnight in some pretty goopy stuff. I'd say it's done.

Oh. yeah. If it was, like, clean trash that's one thing.

I have some nice parmesan that I bought in italy in the freezer. :)

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    On another site I was called Andy (short for something I won’t tell u nerds) for like, nearly three years, and I was extremely attached to that name, and the Aussie guy never called me anything else ever and it became really special to me, and then when we stopped dating and then later the site went down p much everyone in my life who called me that floated away and I felt really, really sad

The people I stayed with in Liverpool were that site’s creators/admins and when I stayed with them one of them called me Andy once (they were always real name people and almost never called me that at any point) and it like, rang in my ears like a bell, for a moment I was a totally different version of myself, and it felt sooooooooooooo good

Being called Bleric is like that. I know who Bleric is in this community and I can be all the versions of myself that you guys see, which is more versions than most people see irl, with a different level of comfort. When someone calls me Bleric it’s like, one of my True Names or whatever. It’s linked to an explicit set of expectations, boundaries, and shared knowledge that I have been able to consciously create because our medium, text, allows for more thoughtfulness in speech than speaking does, and isn’t affected by my hearing issues or my occasional lisp/stutter, and also because our medium, forums, has explicit rules that we mostly follow in person as well, and as someone who really, really struggles with social rules in groups (partially because it’s really hard for me not to try to quantify them and then I get confused and upset when there are exceptions) this is enormously helpful. I’m never more comfortable than I am when I get to be Bleric

It’s similar when I’m home and my family calls me pet names. I know what that person’s job is! I know what those expectations are because my parents are people with clear expectations! That is so much easier than everyday nebulous life.

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    My name is an enigma

wrapped in shadows

It's Aldo Thegy, isn't it

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so all i need to do is figure out how to get a loan for like $40k and i can just fuck off and go to school in sweden and use that as my starting point for moving there

ez pz basically already there

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Anyone looking into Maplestory 2? I am a masochistic gamer and am thinking about getting on this grind early.

It looks adorable. They went 3d lite with it. The world is basically better minecraft blocks. And it looks like the grind is there but this time with things like races through candy looking tracks and the like.

I am going to check it out with LadyJubs.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Shallow old work boxes good key words to search

• Options
    i've never been particularly a fan of my name but chanus is kind of dumb so i'm kind of just whatever about it

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    One time someone on the forums called Bleric “Cleric” and I honestly stared at it for 10-15 seconds trying to puzzle out this confusing new portmanteau

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    chapped anus
    you're really

chapping
    my
    anus

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    desc wrote: »
    One time someone on the forums called Bleric “Cleric” and I honestly stared at it for 10-15 seconds trying to puzzle out this confusing new portmanteau

everyone calls me chanus, rhymes with anus, and that's not how i pronounce it, but it's gotten to the point where i think maybe i'm wrong

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

everyone calls me chanus, rhymes with anus, and that's not how i pronounce it, but it's gotten to the point where i think maybe i'm wrong

I call u chanus like Chan-uhs if that helps

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options

So you are saying everything is a lie!!!!???

• Options

I call u chanus like Chan-uhs if that helps

it does

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

It looks adorable. They went 3d lite with it. The world is basically better minecraft blocks. And it looks like the grind is there but this time with things like races through candy looking tracks and the like.

I've been playing their stupid battle royal they released while the main game is in beta. It sucks and I'm bad at it but I can't stop...there are trophies and mounts and stuff.

Also my character looks like the old sniper lady from overwatch.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    C hanu-sa

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I tried to change my handle once and people yelled at me so the decision I made when I was 13 I will carry with me to my grave

I feel like it sort of has a ring to it though

• Options
    so all i need to do is figure out how to get a loan for like $40k and i can just fuck off and go to school in sweden and use that as my starting point for moving there

ez pz basically already there

Why don't I come on down and help you acquire a "loan" from the bank

We might have to stop by a few different banks to get such a large "loan", but I'm sure we can manage it

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Oh my gawd look at this WoW mount

789010.jpg

I must have it

How do you get it?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    chapped anus
    you're really

chapping
    my
    anus

Not a happy chappie

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Oh my gawd look at this WoW mount

789010.jpg

I must have it

How do you get it?

We don't know yet, but probably with real money, likely the blizzcon digital pass or whatever.

edit: wait no "Update: You will receive The Dreadwake as a reward for purchasing 180 days of game time between today and 10/22/2018."

SniperGuy on
  • Options

Chanus chan.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    These were not normal boxes. they were for shallow walls and such where it was the faceplate mount area and then two elongated ends that go into the wall that you slipped the plastic braces on and pull towards you to tighten it against the drywall.

@TTODewback Any chance you could take a picture? I dunno if I'd be able to help you either way but a picture wouldn't hurt.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

I can't think of Maplestory without thinking about this Fox News story:
    https://youtu.be/jgiabUqYCmk

I saw this story when it was on TV (Indiana, Fox News is EVERYWHERE).

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »

TTODewback Any chance you could take a picture? I dunno if I'd be able to help you either way but a picture wouldn't hurt. pls show feet

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

good work agent

sig.gif
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    I tried to change my handle once and people yelled at me so the decision I made when I was 13 I will carry with me to my grave

I feel like it sort of has a ring to it though

I like WonderMink better, which is my name everywhere else since that was my Xbox name. It suits my personality better.

But like the name your parents gave you, you're stuck with the old one here for official purposes.

• Options
    6 months of WoW game time, but I have to buy that between now and a month from now?

That might be tricky.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    @ronya

re: ransomware/malware

#1 priority is to remove any browser addons you don't need. If you don't need Java, Flash, or Silverlight, remove them.

#2 priority is to keep your browser and any remaining addons up to date. Turn on autoupdating if you can. Put in a calendar reminder to check for updates every 30 days (if you want to be thorough) or 90 days (if you're lazy and have a larger appetite for risk).

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    I think Brad and BeNarwhal generally operate under the same rules which is why I have no preference

But what I do know is that BeNarwhal is a mouthful and every attempt at abbreviating it is terrible >_>

Whereas Brad is so short you can almost accidentally say it

• Options
    cha - noose

• Options
    Hahn has a bongo cat, chanus is not pronounced the same way, OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF.....

Too much change.

This discussion has been closed.