As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

She Blinded Me With [Science] Thread

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Freely pissing at at moment without even a shade of guilt or regret as the fish do is at least 65% of the appeal of SCUBA

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Pissing in the ocean (or other large natural body of water) is a top-5 feeling

It’s science fact

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Freely pissing at at moment without even a shade of guilt or regret as the fish do is at least 65% of the appeal of SCUBA

do not I repeat do not freely piss if you are wearing a correctly fitted wetsuit unless you enjoy the sensation of wearing inflatable pantaloons made of your own undiluted urine.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    You say this as though from experience

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    I refuse to elaborate except to say that such activity may or may not also attract seals.

• Options
    Any wetsuit I've worn has been quite liquid permeable now pissing in a dry suit that sounds like a blunder

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    do seals just love piss

• Options
    Any wetsuit I've worn has been quite liquid permeable now pissing in a dry suit that sounds like a blunder

It eventually dissipates but if it's thicker than 3mm it takes a few, rather unpleasant minutes

• Options
    Hey if you tell me you were wearin piss pantaloons I believe you I'd believe most anything you might tell me

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Hey if you tell me you were wearin piss pantaloons I believe you I'd believe most anything you might tell me

Look I mean if you'd asked me beforehand "hey will you regret peeing in a wetsuit" I would have been all "of course not", but physics makes fools of all of us.

tynic on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Fine, you have forced me to update my list of suits you should pee in.
    • Dry
    • Three-piece
    • Wet
    • Snow
    • Space

Every day, this world's horizons grow narrower.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    You forgot birthday suit, Jedoc

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Also forgot a Stillsuit.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Also forgot a Stillsuit.
    You can do that, but don’t drink the water. I hear it tastes like ass. And dirt.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I don't recommend anyone drink the water from their suits.

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Also forgot a Stillsuit.
    You can do that, but don’t drink the water. I hear it tastes like ass. And dirt.

You're supposed to treat the poop water before you drink it

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I'm glad I clicked on this thread, now I know not to pee in a wetsuit

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh god the wetsuit story really is just Dune isn't it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I don't remember any seals in dune

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

The stillsuits have all kinds of seals.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

Eh, seals, sandworms, same deal.

Pee in your stillsuit and it will attract the worm.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Sealsign the likes of which even god has never seen

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Finally. That was like waiting for a sneeze to make up its mind.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I've pissed in a wetsuit loads it's fine

Although! Wait until you get out of the kayak

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    No loads in a wetsuit trust me.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    The one time I had to pee in the ocean my body just refused to actually open things up.

I had to stop, "stand" on the sand, close my eyes and make the hand motions of undoing my fly. That unlocked some subconscious subroutine and out it went.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    You grappled with the will of Poseidon and bested him

And then pissed into his kingdom

• Options
    That's fine, historically you're only doomed if you piss OFF Poseidon. If you piss ON him you're good, he's into that I guess.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    That's fine, historically you're only doomed if you piss OFF Poseidon. If you piss ON him you're good, he's into that I guess.

Just tell him it's called water sports

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
  • Options
    AlanF5AlanF5 Registered User regular
    Oh, 65% of all deep sea fish biomass. That's okay then.

• Options
    no, 65%-95% of ALL FISH BIOMASS
    https://phys.org/news/2014-03-ninety-five-cent-world-fish-mesopelagic.html
    An international team of marine biologists has found mesopelagic fish in the earth's oceans constitute 10 to 30 times more biomass than previously thought.

UWA Professor Carlos Duarte says mesopelagic fish – fish that live between 100 and 1000m below the surface – must therefore constitute 95 per cent of the world's fish biomass.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Are we positive it's not a swirling layer of diapers and garbage bags and garfield phones

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Apparently fish in this layer are basically immune to fishing due to being below netting depth/having uncanny pressure sense so they sense and avoid nets from meters away, so if this is true, the health of ocean ecosystems might be more resiliant to human overfishing than previously thought? That would be nice if true!

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Actually it's just a colony of a few dozen REALLY REALLY LARGE ARTHROPODS.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Are we positive it's not a swirling layer of diapers and garbage bags and garfield phones

it's the Dark Layer, it can be anything you want it to baby

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Apparently fish in this layer are basically immune to fishing due to being below netting depth/having uncanny pressure sense so they sense and avoid nets from meters away, so if this is true, the health of ocean ecosystems might be more resiliant to human overfishing than previously thought? That would be nice if true!

That still means our food species are going extinct, which will probably have an impact on species living lower in the water column… but, yes, at least there will be things living in the ocean to adapt and fill the niches we carve out.

• Options
    AlanF5AlanF5 Registered User regular
    no, 65%-95% of ALL FISH BIOMASS
    https://phys.org/news/2014-03-ninety-five-cent-world-fish-mesopelagic.html
    An international team of marine biologists has found mesopelagic fish in the earth's oceans constitute 10 to 30 times more biomass than previously thought.

UWA Professor Carlos Duarte says mesopelagic fish – fish that live between 100 and 1000m below the surface – must therefore constitute 95 per cent of the world's fish biomass.

Oh! That is more up to date than the reference I was using. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.