As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Old Thread.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    If you want an Entrust bot with all of those things (well, not 100% counter, but most of those things) 7*M.Ramza's your man.

I'd love to pull Demon Rain because I love the idea of counter tanks, which is part of why Lilith appeals to me. This counter tanking thing made me think about the ridiculous things whales (or very lucky people) could do in regular content or arena for extra evil - put D.Rain, Lilith, and Lucius on the same team. Lilith and Lucius will counter-chain, and D.Rain will counter-chain cap. There's the possibility of just letting your units counter everything to death while just using defensive moves/breaks/imperils/imbues.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Not to mention the time wasted in waiting for the counter animations to scroll thru, especially if you run 5 counter bots.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Just makes me think of all the A-holes with dw'ing Lightnings in their Arenas. I don't hate you guys because its impossible to beat. I hate you because every time your arena team goes Lightning invariably barrages with her long single attack animation, each one doubled thanks to dual wielding. I hated her normal attacks so much for the extra time they take, I never kept her in my party story or otherwise even when it was advantageous to do so. I swear her attack animation can triple or quadruple the time it takes to otherwise complete a round of battle (especially with the slow activation and execution of barrage as a skill).

Sorry, just talking about things in Arena (and elsewise) that suck. ;)

Papagander on
    “There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I've cooled a bit on Lilith. Her stats are great but her equipment selection definitely hurts compared to Basch. Also she's sort of a DPS/Magic tank similar to D.Rain's DPS/Physical tank, but her DR chaining skills are all counter based... I don't have Victor or Mal for the AR chains, and I don't really use Nyx as a main DPS (though I guess I could).

It's really about role and efficiency. Lilith seems like the perfect partner for Viktor. Viktor can handle your provoke tank needs, Lilith can handle your AoE needs and they both can AR chain with stat scaling. That kind of efficiency allows for finishers and other roles that normally get left behind. But since I don't have Viktor and he's limited (no UoC), she's just weaker than Basch since she won't be able to chain with anyone I use vs Basch has breaks that can help cover another role.

I'm still undecided, I'll assume when Basch gets his 7* form, they'll have a step up banner and I can UoC him. Of course her great stats, party break resistance, and her Phys/Mag DM is really enticing. Even without any of the DPS stuff, her DM plus CG Nichole or Zarg's general DM and her counters healing her up, means she's going to be tough to take down.

The banner is a bit rough as well, 2 5* units on the step up. And since it's a limited unit, no UoC for another later.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I assume she's not enough of an upgrade from Merc Ramza to chase.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    I was not prepared for the stat cap increase. I don’t have much more to swap in on my characters. Guess it gives them room to grow, right?

Yep. I don't think I can improve Hyoh or Raegan at all. Which was just the excuse I needed to retire Raegan from my regular party.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    I assume she's not enough of an upgrade from Merc Ramza to chase.

Yeah, while trials will start using dispel more and more, we aren't quite there yet and on those, I may just end up with a dedicated magic tank (come on WKN!).

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Counterpoint: Boobs.

Weird how they didn't do Succubus Charlotte, though.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I love the new changes to the arena. Makes it worth your while to try out new party compositions.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I dislike the new changes because it forces me to pay attention to Arena when I just want to click repeat.

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    Counterpoint: Boobs.

Weird how they didn't do Succubus Charlotte, though.

Good. I'm glad Charlotte is getting a real tank outfit.

• Options
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    I dislike the new changes because it forces me to pay attention to Arena when I just want to click repeat.

That's the most fucking boring thing in the world though?

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

That's the most fucking boring thing in the world though?

To be fair, so is arena.

• Options
    New arena is exactly like old arena, but with more stupidity around selecting units. You're still going to just hit repeat over and over, but now with dragging along some useless unit for the bonus equipped with Frozen Hurricane or whatever.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Cruor wrote: »
    New arena is exactly like old arena, but with more stupidity around selecting units. You're still going to just hit repeat over and over, but now with dragging along some useless unit for the bonus equipped with Frozen Hurricane or whatever.

This is exactly like the MK events then. At least this way we might see less A Rain/Ayaka teams because people will change things around.

urahonky on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular

This is exactly like the MK events then. At least this way we might see less A Rain/Ayaka teams because people will change things around.
    I’m torn because I hate that arena is so stale, but I’m worried the additions will make it more time-consuming, without making it fun.

I mean, let’s see what it’s like before passing judgement, but I’m not excited by what I’ve read.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular

Its slightly different than MK events, because the bonuses don't add together. It just takes the single highest bonus unit you have.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »

Its slightly different than MK events, because the bonuses don't add together. It just takes the single highest bonus unit you have.

Seriously? Oh then that's fucking stupid.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    The arena is garbage and not at all worth the time were it not for the 40 lapis/day. The fact that it's basically just "Whoever Goes First Wins: The Game" makes it pretty mind-numbing, regardless of whatever little bells or whistles they throw onto it. Frankly I'd much rather see them put effort into expanding/revamping the Colosseum, but that's me.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I'm never getting that Colosseum trophy. That's just too many battles to have to run through. I did complete the arena ones, though. At least arena gives rewards worth "farming" for.

7* GL Sakura is up, but not fully leveled yet. Macro'ing cactuars now from raid coins.

edit: Finally done. GL Sakura at full power. 1.8k MAG was the best I could do for now.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Halfmex wrote: »
    The arena is garbage and not at all worth the time were it not for the 40 lapis/day. The fact that it's basically just "Whoever Goes First Wins: The Game" makes it pretty mind-numbing, regardless of whatever little bells or whistles they throw onto it. Frankly I'd much rather see them put effort into expanding/revamping the Colosseum, but that's me.

Well yeah that's why I was hoping that it'd make it a little better by forcing certain types of units in your party. Because then it'd be different. Right now it's just Notisville when status isn't banned... And A Rain/Ayaka teams.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    One 4* ticket, one more Pirate Jake. I think I'll call that a win and quit while I'm ahead.

Did the trials yesterday, 10 man is pretty easy to survive and take your time really. Europa was annoying.

BlehBlehAmiga on
    ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Of course the highest arena bonus goes to the limited rainbow units. Of course.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Typically at least on JP, it's banner units plus an older 5* or 2. I guess since we had the older Halloween they used those but theoretically next week shouldn't be just the new banner.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    And then of course I run into a fucking arena team with A Rain, A Rain, Hyoh, Hyoh, and GL Sakura. I nearly broke my fuckin phone.

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    It doesn't matter because anyone could just swap to their attack team when they play and then switch back to their a. Rain team when they are done. It's the same.

We do get more moogles tho, 12% a month for most people.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    And 4 King Burst Pots this week. Minimal effort, even.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I sure am glad I blew all my tickets on the new Halloween banner. No Halloween units but two Lanis. That'll make farming this MK event extra fun.

• Options
    2 4* tickets (Ashe and WW Fina #2), 5 regular tickets with Black cat lid #2 and iNichol #3, the rest trash. Calling it quits for now. Hopefully I'll get 1 more P. Jake from the free tickets.

• Options
    4* EX ticket dropped Rainbow to Cloud#3. One of the Halloween tickets dropped Rainbow to Ramza#2.

Nothing else of note, sadly. I'll throw the rest of the event tickets at the new banner but don't expect anything.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Dropped a bunch off tickets, around 70 or so, with a 5k pull somewhere on the middle.

Pulled my GLS near the end of the tickets! So that's a huge weight off my mind. And a Wilhelm on the 5k, one more of him and I get his sweet, sweet armor. And I still have 60 total tickets left and 90k Lapis.

7* GLS is now my friend unit with 1631 MAG. Gotta get these Wadows farmed for some extra MAG.

Now I have a lot of units to clear out. And I have to think on whether or not to pull on the step up. I'm leaning towards 'no', might be best to follow my instinct on this one.

• Options
    I used all my tickets and got nothing. So WW Fina is in the pool for both Halloween banners? I can't seem to tell.

• Options
    I used all my tickets and got nothing. So WW Fina is in the pool for both Halloween banners? I can't seem to tell.

She's in the pool for both, but only has boosted rates on the old unit banner (and the Halloween Ticket banner).

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    Yeah drop rate sucks. And I had mixed hilarious/great results....

20 rare tickets got me 1 LM Fina (yay for Rainbow, 1 away from stmr) and then finally 3 black cat lids in the last 4. Used the Halloween tickets already and got another rainbow (5th Rem), one more black cat lid and a white witch fina. I'm happy I at least got 5 halloween units, and WWFina was a goal (but she's blocked from Divine Burst in Arena atm, haha). I cannot complain about 27 tickets netting 2 rainbows and 5 Halloween units, but also cant help feeling slightly ambiguous about my results.

Anyhue, I'd still like to get an iNichol and maybe one more WW Fina, but I'm not wasting more resources on this. Time to go back to pondering how many resources to use next week on VP (considering SoM could be right around the corner).

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    Anyone try LGD yet? I hear the boss has MP drain, but is it AoE? You can raise your way to it, but I'm wondering if I'll have time to do 1 turn setup on D.Rain for his 5x ability.

Otherwise, most folks are saying BC lid is the way to go with her Ultimate Blow.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    If you don't mind using 1 slot as a non-bonus unit, Hyoh completely destroys LGD. I have mine set with Odin for that party and, while I technically was using Soul Barrage from friend GLS as well, the Hyoh was likely enough.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    So apparently the 3* and 4* units are only bonus units on the OLD Halloween banner. The new one ONLY has rate ups for the two succubus characters according to reddit.

I threw 9 4* tickets and 30 3* tickets at that banner and got a single White Witch Fina out of it. I did get my 3rd or 4th Ayaka (I'll have to look to see).

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Anyone try LGD yet? I hear the boss has MP drain, but is it AoE? You can raise your way to it, but I'm wondering if I'll have time to do 1 turn setup on D.Rain for his 5x ability.

Otherwise, most folks are saying BC lid is the way to go with her Ultimate Blow.

He has AoE MP drain, AoE Charm, and Petrify (not sure if AoE). If not OTKOing him, you need protections against that stuff.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Yes, the Vampire Lord does AOE MP drain. I was not prepared for that and did not 1 shot the boss (got him to 5%). It was a wipe for me without any MP to finish him off. I guess this boss has high SPR...

Has anyone done a Libra to see if he has any elemental strengths or weaknesses?

edit: Gumi keeps ninja-patching the game. This is the 3rd time now.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »

He has AoE MP drain, AoE Charm, and Petrify (not sure if AoE). If not OTKOing him, you need protections against that stuff.

Yeah I'm wondering if they are physical attacks or magical. Ie, will iNichol's redirect work.

This discussion has been closed.