As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Old Thread.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah I've been TMR farming this week and I started with over 200, still have 150 or so. I don't mind the reward wheel at all lol.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I find myself recently using the energy I didn't spend TMR farming during work to go back and clear story areas I haven't gotten all missions on.

Apparently I was a complete slacker because boy is this turning into a lot of lapis quickly!

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    EggyToast wrote: »
    We get lots of pots for nrg. Don't worry about the tickets as it's a 2 week event

Good point. I have almost 400 nrg pots gathering dust.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Yeah I had a total of 100% in bonus units ( 2x50%) for this last one and I got all the currency and more.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    did not realize that maintenance started so fucking early because I was on a work trip for the past few days, just got back 2 hours ago and got stuck in an item world run with 120 NRG outstanding.

• Options
    Just had the same thing. 10th floor, about to roll, and bam kicked out. Hopefully it doesn’t screw me over post maintenance.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Can't wait for that sweet, sweet datamine tomorrow. Hoping for some awesome stuff to be revealed.

• Options
    New app update. 400% cap increase is in!

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    They moved the JP arena rewards up a rank tier, making it easier for us to get the good stuff.

• Options
    Also, the UOC from the MK event is only 1k. Hallelujah!

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Sounds like it will be easy to get everything from the MK event without any bonus units except a friend.

Also, GL Sakura now has chaos wave frames with Eldritch Wave, which can be triple cast! She also has LB fill for a party member, 35% DM, and can multicast her non-grim skills with a CD!

Tiphares on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Also, the UOC from the MK event is only 1k. Hallelujah!

Incoming extended maintenance?

maraji on
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Hrm, Lilith does indeed have AR frames, but it's Fire/Dark innate. On content not resistant to either, iust throw Necro Dagger on Viktor and BAM! No other damage dealers needed. That's silly.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    How future proof is T.Terra? I'm pretty good for tanking, buffs and physical damage, but my magic damage options are pretty limited. Is she worth spending a UoC ticket on to get to 7 star?

• Options
    Craigopogo wrote: »
    How future proof is T.Terra? I'm pretty good for tanking, buffs and physical damage, but my magic damage options are pretty limited. Is she worth spending a UoC ticket on to get to 7 star?

She is still among the best Mages in JP. She is well worth a UoC

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Sounds like it will be easy to get everything from the MK event without any bonus units except a friend.

Also, GL Sakura now has chaos wave frames with Eldritch Wave, which can be triple cast! She also has LB fill for a party member, 35% DM, and can multicast her non-grim skills with a CD!

Oh yes, that sounds lovely. I can try and get my GLS dupe and then UoC a TT dupe and I'm getting excited just thinking about it. Innate triple cast only really seems to work with other GLS as TT has either double or quad cast, though I suppose it isn't so bad to triple and quad and let the chain drop. The only thing that slightly sucks is Eldritch Wave is fire and dark, so enemy resists xan really screw with it. I would've pteferred a fire option and a separate dark option. Thst being said, it fits thematically as her other move that starts with 'Eldritch' is a combo fire and dark attack, so it makes sense. I'm quite happy with how she turned out.

Lilith's kit looks crazy, she's got so much stuff. However, she doesn't seem to have to have a lot of innate stat boosts, so she might be a softer tank without really good gear.

D. Rain gets a bunch of DEF and SPR passives, including a 30% DEF and SPR TDH. He's got some cool stuff.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

I mean I know Elly came along and stole the show (and Xenogears assets are in today's data but that doesn't necessarily mean anything), but if I look through the trial threads after today's (so starting with Reborn Gilg, or Dark Espers v2), you don't see TT at all. Occasionally see tornado chainers, single target mages,etc but TT maybe just for things like story event boss rushes which aren't too bad either way. Granted things may change a bit on GL but still doesn't seem like she would get used a bunch after current content. She was big on Anotella and Malboro, and can of course nuke non trial content, but I don't know if she's particularly future proof.

I finally got my first one a little while ago but she's still sitting around level 1. Even with 2 GLS I don't think I'll UoC the Terra unless something comes along where I feel like I'd need it.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    I'm tempted to UoC TT now that I have a chaining partner for her, but yes fire/dark could be trouble with some content. I'm thinking more for the 10-man stuff since everything seems to be dark resist, but we only have a few of those left and I have not done any research on them to see if she is worthwhile. I think I'll hold onto my UoC tickets for now and see what comes along that I REALLY need to round out my team. If the older Halloween units are any indication, the Christmas banner is likely to be 2 new 5* units with a triple 5* banner for the older units - which means no 7* WKN for me. I guess Seighard is my next target then.

• Options
    Ooh, Giagantuars and King Metal Minituars on the Arena medal exchange now. Can always clear the board a few times if you're in need of cactuars

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Anyone notice a huge performance decrease when chaining? My phone is a Pixel 2 and I've never had issues with it lagging before but my arena team just grinded to a hault.

• Options
    I've noticed a slight delay, but nothing that bad. I'm running a Galaxy S7. There is definitely a long delay when pressing the start button for an arena match.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    I am noticing a delay on my Nox TMR farming macro - it gets to a page and then can take several seconds for the button click to register. Weird.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Hrm, I have the necessary equipment to get Reberta over the 400% ATK cap, putting her at 2016 ATK. That seems pretty good. When IW for Swords comes back, I should be able to do that with a free materia slot.

Edit: also that'll go up a little after I get the Demon Mail+, used Iron Colossus as a stand-in.

Cruor on
  • Options
    MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Edits: Never mind, I answered my own question

MaximumSquid on
  • Options
    Hrm, Lilith does indeed have AR frames, but it's Fire/Dark innate. On content not resistant to either, iust throw Necro Dagger on Viktor and BAM! No other damage dealers needed. That's silly.

Yeah, I hate that her kit is crazy good. I don't really want her, but without Basch or even A.Rain, I could really use her. All her stuff is SPR scaling and D.Rain gets not a single move with Def as attack. She gets the same DM as WKN, where you can stack your supports DM on top. She can get 65% + 50% from Zargs LB for thresholds. She also brings CG Nichol back into the conversation with break resistance, so

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Can you only run Nox if you are using emulators?
    I've been playing the game on an Amazon Fire HD. . . although I could install it on my machine if I needed to

-MaxSquid

Uh. Nox IS an emulator. It Emulates a Cell phone. Then you run the actual app out of it. Nox has built in macro's which you apply a program to 'click' in the spots you need it to in the timing you need it to.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Do you not get the 500 lapis from the ads immediately?

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    edited October 2018

I mean I know Elly came along and stole the show (and Xenogears assets are in today's data but that doesn't necessarily mean anything), but if I look through the trial threads after today's (so starting with Reborn Gilg, or Dark Espers v2), you don't see TT at all. Occasionally see tornado chainers, single target mages,etc but TT maybe just for things like story event boss rushes which aren't too bad either way. Granted things may change a bit on GL but still doesn't seem like she would get used a bunch after current content. She was big on Anotella and Malboro, and can of course nuke non trial content, but I don't know if she's particularly future proof.

I finally got my first one a little while ago but she's still sitting around level 1. Even with 2 GLS I don't think I'll UoC the Terra unless something comes along where I feel like I'd need it.

Saddly TT is almost as crippled as Tidus hiding that w ability behind triggers. I mean, if it cannot be killed in 3 rounds, or requires complex timing, tornado chainers are just easier for on demand dmg. You see this especially if you use TT in Arena. TT can quad-blast that first round, and then quad-blast again the third round, and then the fifth round you've got your doubles up. I mean, if your party is geared/balanced properly, the burst dmg from TT means you rarely ever see a round two but her contributions start to suffer if you do.

I could easily see her working, but being less than ideal, for all the incoming trial nonsense. Like M Ramza, having key abilities or burst behind triggers can easily be a game breaker. Its the only reason I might UoC Basch (or kinda want the Succubus/A.Rain). I love M Ramza, but that limited magic cover can cost you.

Edit: small additional comments.

Papagander on
    “There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I won't be able to 7* GL Sakura until tonight and then I'll see where she stands with her stats. I plan to hoard all of the Halloween tickets and then spend them all at the end of the event. Maybe I'll luck into a rainbow like I did with the Summer tickets - with "rate up" on the Halloween units... it could happen. Then I would need to chase a 4th GL Sakura for a 7* dupe or her STMR.

edit: Still hoping for a 2nd step-up (maybe next week) for the older Halloween units.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

Soon as you click it. Went straight to my total, did not sit in mail.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    Papagander wrote: »
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

Soon as you click it. Went straight to my total, did not sit in mail.

Ah, right. That explains it. I was wondering why nothing showed up in my inbox.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I won't be able to 7* GL Sakura until tonight and then I'll see where she stands with her stats. I plan to hoard all of the Halloween tickets and then spend them all at the end of the event. Maybe I'll luck into a rainbow like I did with the Summer tickets - with "rate up" on the Halloween units... it could happen. Then I would need to chase a 4th GL Sakura for a 7* dupe or her STMR.

I figured what they hey and put mine up to play with. Just took a guess on what I had, I don't think I have anything better than 40% mag materias for her. I need a Corrupt Emperor, Malphaise's and Rem's STMR. Easy right?

• Options
    Wanted a 7* Zargabaath so I did a step on his banner... Beatrix. How is her 7*? I assume underwhelming since no one has talked about her

• Options
    On the plus side, I didn't have any desire to pull on the Halloween banner of death and nothing they did increased that. Demon Rain continues his niche fun route. You can get his attack even higher and with AoE cover, he may be able to counter easier trials to death. He doesn't get any Def as Atk moves or chain moves to take advantage of his tank/attacker role. Draco Lassworm, doesn't seem like he got anything amazing. The idea he could imdue ice to someone else didn't come to fruition. Since I don't have him, easy pass.

GL Sakura seems like the best 7* of the bunch, with T-Cast, CW chaining, and W-Cast for support moves. With her enhancements she could be a powerhouse. Of course I don't have any of her, so again no desire to pull.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Wanted a 7* Zargabaath so I did a step on his banner... Beatrix. How is her 7*? I assume underwhelming since no one has talked about her

Yeah she's not stellar. She picks up a bit once her enhancements hit, they help clean up a lot of the mess, but she's still middle of the pack.
    On the plus side, you're now only two Beatrix's away from that sweet, sweet STMR.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »

Yeah she's not stellar. She picks up a bit once her enhancements hit, they help clean up a lot of the mess, but she's still middle of the pack.
    On the plus side, you're now only two Beatrix's away from that sweet, sweet STMR.

Went the full lap... Got another Beatrix and my first Eiko. Bah! Oh well!

• Options

She's better as a 7* than 6*. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8q0irf/7_underrated_units_beatrix/

• Options
    New QoL improvement, your stats will turn blue if you'd hit the cap.

5oadjj6dyw56.png

• Options
    Lasswell seems pretty ok. Can self imbue ice and has DR/AT frames & dual ability, triple after LB for burst. So he can use something like Cloud's STMR. AT frames aren't super great yet since he's the only one, but that's the next big usable family. Wonder if Fryevia will get AT frames. Don't know if he'll really be a standout, but not bad if you have him. Though still not worth trying to pull out of a triple banner.

• Options
    So with IW cutting out right before I was able to roll on my level 10 properties, I did get my dagger back. Unfortunately it doesn't have the stats I went in with (22%HP 10%MP), but instead the properties from the 9 levels I did before getting kicked out (HP 7%, MP 3%)... One last fuck you from IW on my dagger runs. I put in a customer request, but I doubt they'll be able to do anything.

Adding more insult to injury, I took a break before that last Bowie run to run through Arc Arcana. Used it for the 'kill with magic' mission on the bonus stage, so I figured might as well. Not only did I get a rare on the first level but all the stats I was getting were decent.

I'm convinced more than ever they bugged daggers the other way when fixing the previous bug. I did over a dozen runs on a bowie knife and not a single one got me stats better than what I got on it from the first IW. Hell none of the stats were better than any of the 3 bowie knives I ran through in the first IW. If it wasn't for the fact daggers wouldn't be coming back for 4-6 months, I probably would have saved my 80 some NRG pots.

This discussion has been closed.