As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Old Thread.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    And event news is up. They are slapping all units on 1 banner with 'rate up' for the halloween units. No mention of what this major boost in rates is.

Easy pass for me and possibly going forward.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Searching now...
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    And event news is up. They are slapping all units on 1 banner with 'rate up' for the halloween units. No mention of what this major boost in rates is.

Easy pass for me and possibly going forward.
    Looks like they're trying to encourage people to do the step-ups and spend lapis=money. Spending tickets is not an option for me with 5 5* units on a banner when I only want 1 of them. It might be a little different if every rainbow was guaranteed to be one of the 5 like they do with the 7* special banners. I guess more news will be coming. The only thing I saw was 2018 Halloween Summon tickets are coming as a daily login reward that will have rate ups on all Halloween units.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »

What are your other units that you use? Tanks/Support/Healers/Breakers and such?

I use Crowe for the +100% buff and Ashe to weaken enemies Def/Spr 40%
    I plan to swap Crowe for Ryumynui if I can ever get more earth cores to awaken her

I also have Kaede who carried me until I got Malphasie

Some other guys I have:
    Sephiroth, Veritas of Light / Water / Fire, Rosa, Mystea, Libertus, Camille, Charlotte, Kupipi, Aria, & Nameless Gunner Jake

-MaxSquid

Well Mystea is still a serviceable magic tank. She'll need someone to re-raise her but I've used her for the most part till recently. Sephiroth is a DPS chainer, he'll partner with Malphasie. Her 'Dive' skills match up with his The Heavens Wept skill. Try and get dark weapons for Sephiroth.

Oddly this might be a great step up for you to do. Barb would give you a great magical chainer even at 6* and FV would be a great DPS finisher. Rem would be a great support/healer but you'd need to get lucky enough for 2 (though 1 is still better than Aria).

You're still missing a provoke tank and physical AoE tank which you'll need for the trials and such (story is pretty lax on requirements). Malphasie has a CD break at 7* (probably want to save your UoC tickets for her) but you are still lacking someone to break Atk/Mag. You may want to try to have someone's friend unit carry you through Shiva 3* so you can get her break.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    It's really disappointing, but not surprising, that the banner for the old units includes all of them, there's no step-up, and there's no "all rainbows are on banner" stipulation.

Looks like chasing any of the old units is a fool's errand.

Edit: Also my understanding is that the new banner will have rate ups for Lucius and Lilith only, and the other banner has the 3 old units. I think the image for the first banner is misleading in that you CAN pull the old units but they have no rate up.

Cruor on
  • Options
    7* GLS has a move called 'Eldritch Wave', could be promising chaining move with T.Terra.

On one hand this sucks, but on the other, it'll keep me from wasting resources on the banner so maybe it's a good thing. I guess we shouldn't really be surprised, I can't remember a time when GUMI moved just a part of an app update early to implement. So hoping for 3 separate banners with 100% on banner pulls was probably not going to happen. That said, if they don't do that for VP, I'll be continuing my no money policy here. Now that I got spark chaining to work again, I was considering it.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Looks like they are trying to compensate for GL Sakura's TMR deficiency by making her STMR a true magic DH material. She could be quite powerful. Too bad they f'ed the banners to deter me from pulling for more of her. Oh well. I guess I will end up UoC for 7* TT after all.

Rate-ups for bonus units are out: (from reddit)
    200%: 7★ Lilith/Lucius
    150%: 7★ D. Rain/D. Lasswell/GLS
    100%: Lilith/Lucius
    75%: D. Rain/D. Lasswell/GLS
    50%: WWF/Pirate Jake/I. Nichol
    30%: Black Cat Lid

Tiphares on
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    I'll prolly drop 5-10 tickets because I have no Halloween units and thus no bonus. But otherwise this kind of forces me to just think about the VP vs SoM conundrum I've got to make a decision over. Way things sound, it would be insane to chase anyone except the new demons.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    Unit Bonuses for MK event:

↑ 200%: 7★ Lilith/Lucius
    ↑ 150%: 7★ D. Rain/D. Lasswell/GLS
    ↑ 100%: Lilith/Lucius
    ↑ 75%: D. Rain/D. Lasswell/GLS
    ↑ 50%: WWF/Pirate Jake/I. Nichol
    ↑ 30%: Black Cat Lid

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    It looks like there's two separate banners. One with increased rates for Lilith and Lucius (that has a step up), and one with increased rates for D. Rain, D. Lasswell and GLS, as well as the other old Halloween units. There's two summon announcements.

First one says, "New units Lilith and Lucius are on their way! *Increased drop rate for Lilith and Lucius is exclusively for this summon banner." and then also says it's available in step-up summon.

Second one says, "Demon Rain, Dracu Lasswell, Grim Lord Sakura, White Witch Fina, Pirate Jake, Illusionist Nichol and Black Cat Lid are on their way! *Increased drop rate for Demon Raind, Dracu Lasswell, Grim Lord Sakura, White Witch Fina, Pirate Jake, Illusionist Nichol and Black Cat Lid is exclusively for this summon banner."

To me, that looks like two separate banners to me. And I totally called it, GLS has a MAG (and SPR) TDH STMR. Too bad I'm probably not going to summon three of her. And yeah, they are absolutely gearing her up to spam her abilities as much as possible. She gets another MAG and SPR TDH passive that also has an auto-refresh. So she's going from having no in built auto-refresh to having two auto-refreshes after 7* and enhancement. And since i always run her with Dark Fina's Swimsuit, she's going to be getting a lot of MP back a turn (especially with a mana battery on the team). I'm also very interested in her new Eldritch Wave move. Can't wait for the datamine on that.

D. Rain and D. Lasswell both also have TDH STMRs. Same problem as GLS, though, good luck pulling enough of them to get one of them.

• Options
    I'm not sure I'll even throw tickets, maybe just the daily. I just want more P.Jake for his TMR, but there are 3 4*'s on the same banner. We'll be getting the free summon tickets, so I'll hope to have some luck there.

• Options
    I swear they said there would be a second step-up banner for the old Halloween units in the FFBE Updates video. Maybe I misunderstood what they were saying and they meant that there would be a separate banner, not another step-up. Eh... at least I'll have 350% bonus going into the event. Hopefully, there are at least a few people who luck into 7* Lilith or Lucius to get 200% friends consistently.

• Options
    The free tickets with the Halloween rate up (and moogles, yeah!..) will make things interesting. But for people like me that have nothing and wanted a couple things (1 or 2 Pirate Jakes, iNichol and GLS) from zero its no use specifically farming. Here's hoping we all have luck on the free stuff.

Just be some tickets for bonus runs, then hope I get the people I want from daily Halloween tickets.

XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    The bonus rate is pretty pants on this one. Having to pull a 5* just for a 75* bonus and an on-banner 4* just for 50% is rough.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I've got 1 Jake, 1 iNichol and 2 GLS. I kind of want to get WW Fina but I can't see pulling on a banner that diluted and the new demons do nothing for me.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    You guys are so negative. I'm totally pulling 2 GLS in 5k again for the STMR.

It's a big bummer though. Was already worried about GLS, new skills are promising but nobody is going to pull for one that doesn't have a 7* already. Rain/Lasswell could be neat but don't even have one of them, so don't want one either. The other 2 new units don't seem particularly enticing yet either. Will try for one more jake ring at least.

I'll make her 7* for a bonus unit but will have to consider spending resources to max her now based on how she works out.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    I have like 300+ tickets so I will probably be using some for halloween units, moar P jake plz.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I already have 3 P Jake but I could use another. I'm good on iNichols.

• Options
    The 2nd banner with all the old units is so predatory it's disgusting. I really want to believe it's GUMI's laziness not to implement the VP banner early, but I guess we'll see here soon.

• Options
    Never thought I'd be happy not to have any of the old Halloween 7* units. There's always a chance of Halloween unit 7*Prisms being included in the Mixer shop, so there's still a glimmer of hope for anyone who only pulls/has one of them.

I'm gonna throw my tickets at the new Halloween banner. I'd love to get 2xLilith, but Lucius could be cool as well (his TMR will look really nice on future 7*Sabin, at the very least). I don't expect I'll get much of anything since my luck has reverted back to normal human levels.

• Options
    I will probably throw a few 4* tickets trying for a 2nd Pirate Jake. I wouldn't mind a WW Fina since I never pulled her, but I don't really need her. I already have 4 I. Nichols from trying to pull 1 Pirate Jake. I. Nichol's hat is pretty great, though, so I guess I could merge any dupes to get another one quicker.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Quick note: If you pull 2xWWFina, enhance both of their Divine Bursts and put both on your Arena team. The way that ability is coded, it is capable of hitting for 999 damage 8 times with Dual Wield. I'm hoping I pull a second one so that I can throw them on the team, replacing my 2xAshe.

Edit: Related video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJMJS4ySL7E

Cruor on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Don’t think I’m doing the Citra story event. Game crashes whenever I try loading the second stage.

Oh well.

• Options
    Is Divine Burst physical or magic damage? If it's physical, you would need to equip her with a 2h bow to get around perfect dodge.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Is Divine Burst physical or magic damage? If it's physical, you would need to equip her with a 2h bow to get around perfect dodge.

The first three attacks are physical, the last is magical. So against perfect dodge you still get 999x2 from dual-wield. It's such a weird attack. Also, she can equip golem staff or Thorned Mace/+, so you can slam them with status as well. It's silly.

Cruor on
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, while I like the units, no way am I pulling for a .05% chance for half of a unit.

THAT IS ONLY AVAILABLE 2 WEEKS A YEAR.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm super bummed about the old banner. I basically have 7* versions of every role, in units that are good enough to be future-proofish. I mostly just pull for cool now. I was super pumped for Demon Rain and Dracu-Lasswell; especially if they actually become feasible units (more for Lasswell than Rain). But I didn't end up with any of them last time (Ayaka took all my resources)... I can't possibly see how I can end up pulling two of any of them without any kind of step-up or limiting the banner to Halloween rainbows only.

Lilith's Counter-Curse looks interesting (can any other unit clear imperils without also clearing buffs?) but if this is how they're doing the old seasonal unit banners, I'm going to need everything I can save to get a second copy of Christine once Christmas rolls around.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    A lot of people are up in arms that you have to pull a 4* unit to get 50% bonus for this event because there are no new 4* or 3* units to pull on the new banner. This mostly applies to those that started playing after Halloween last year, which may be quite a few players.

edit: Friendly reminder that IW ends tonight. Don't leave items unfinished when the servers go down (3 hours earlier than normal - 2000 PST). Also, it is recommended to clean out your IW parties before maintenance as well. This is because that unit could be "locked" from enhancing or converting to a prism until the next IW comes around.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    This is because that unit could be "locked" from enhancing or converting to a prism until the next IW comes around.
    Wait, what?

• Options
    Yeah, for newer players like me this MK event is prolly gonna be a slog.

XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Papagander wrote: »
    Yeah, for newer players like me this MK event is prolly gonna be a slog.

Heck, I'm not new but all I have is two nichols. This is a pain in the ass. Not sure I will even manage to get that UoC.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    I have no units. So yeah, I really have to decide if I want that ticket plus anything else.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    All I have for Bonus units is 2 iNichol and 1 WWFina. Gonna have to rely on friend units probably.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    iNichol, a couple PJakes. Not gonna be fun!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Oh, also BCLid, but she's like, 30%? Barely worth including but every little bit helps.

• Options
    1 Demon Rain, 1 WW Fina, 1 P. Jake, and 2 iNichols. 275% isn't great but we'll see. Hopefully LGD has plenty of bonus mobs.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I've got GLS, I.Nichol, P.Jake (might have 2 or 3) and WW Fina. If I can get a dupe GLS for 7* I should have plenty of bonus with friend units.

I got through the recent FFXV MK event with all 50% bonus units, so I should be fine this time.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    We're getting a bunch of Halloween summon tickets through the event, so adding some extra bonus units shouldn't be out of reach.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    We get lots of pots for nrg. Don't worry about the tickets as it's a 2 week event

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    The one thing that has me slightly hopeful is that the Halloween tickets have a rate-up for the old Halloween units, and we get a bunch of them free with more in the MK shop. They'll be the first thing on my MK shopping list since they're only useful during the Halloween event and might as well get and use them before any other resources.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Man I do like how many energy pots I have with this rewards wheel. I had tapped out almost completely on my last TMR batch and i'm back over 100 already.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
This discussion has been closed.