As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Old Thread.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Builder got updated. GLS can hit 2401 mag ignoring her TM (with a lot of other STMRs). With her TM, best case is 2103 (2x rem stmr/corrupt emp). With my current gear, minus enchants, it's 1849. With her STMR it would be 1908. 59 mag is rad and all but guess I don't really feel like I need to pull 2 more of her.
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I'm convinced more than ever they bugged daggers the other way when fixing the previous bug. I did over a dozen runs on a bowie knife and not a single one got me stats better than what I got on it from the first IW. Hell none of the stats were better than any of the 3 bowie knives I ran through in the first IW. If it wasn't for the fact daggers wouldn't be coming back for 4-6 months, I probably would have saved my 80 some NRG pots.

RNG be RNG but I got high tide and decent stats on a second bowie knife on my last run.

BlehBlehAmiga on
    ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    With the damage Rinoa can put out, any mage hitting more than 1700 mag is not in need of extra mag, you'll clear content fine, just possibly not a full one shot.

My current tmr farm is getting fina's dark swimsuit for some mage usage, agni is almost done for hyoh, and 3 others are cooking (kunshira's, 2nd desch's, and bicorne hat).

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah screwing around I could get T.Terra up to over 1800 Mag, but she'd lose a bunch of HP (6K vs 9K). I can get her just over 1700, which is good enough. I can take the ePeen hit to have more HP and MP.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Man, this stat cap increase is great, now my Malphasie is at ~1.1k ATK and over 1.5k MAG with room to grow. Also my Viktor was over-capped on DEF, so it's good to see him get a small boost today.

• Options
    I can't bring myself to pull on Citra's banner. Hopefully I'll get a Lotti down the road off banner. With the stat increase, her TMR is now the best non-STMR robe.

• Options
    Looking through the trophies, I think I need to find some macro's. I'm lacking on things like LB used or items used.

• Options
    I got all the quests one, the next one I'm missing 2 for esper summongs and 1 from LB. collessum and arena are mostly bronze and still a ways to go for silvers. however I am one ding away from getting ring of dominion, so maybe I'll do some lb farming at ifrit to get that up.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Don't use your expansion vouchers right now. There is a bug that charges you lapis as well.

• Options
    There's a few big bugs floating around. Apparently Dragonlord's Trust ability is just...gone. Also, the global TDH effects working while wielding a shields and nothing else. Now the expansion voucher thing...I assume there's going to be a bit of compensation going out.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    ololol Gimu what you do?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Hrm, I have the necessary equipment to get Reberta over the 400% ATK cap, putting her at 2016 ATK. That seems pretty good. When IW for Swords comes back, I should be able to do that with a free materia slot.

Edit: also that'll go up a little after I get the Demon Mail+, used Iron Colossus as a stand-in.

I'm up to 2017 with my Reberta, drops to 1949 if I want to use the Dragoon Gauntlet for extra jump damage.

Hot.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    ololol Gimu what you do?

Never change, gumi.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    The TDH one isn't that big of a deal. It's just applying TDH effects when using a shield and no weapon. Not sure if any of the effected units would really benefit from that.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    It's the last day to use the raid coins from the FFBE raid right? I've got 440k of them I need to burn through.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Yes, make sure to use up the raid summons to get those sweet Malphasie and Circe TMR moogles! I will be using up my remaining 400k tonight. Extra cactuars will go toward maxing out GL Sakura to 120.

@BlehBlehAmiga Thanks for experimenting with GL Sakura. If her STMR is only ~60 MAG, I don't feel the need to get more of her to try to get it. There is no way I will ever get the STMR's needed to max her out anyway.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    When are we getting the Halloween unit enhancements? Next week? Didn't see anything in the datamine.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    When are we getting the Halloween unit enhancements? Next week? Didn't see anything in the datamine.

Yeah, probably next week. Maybe there will be an old-unit step-up that comes with it? We can hope.

• Options
    I thought the video mentioned VP collab was starting on the 26th as well.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I appear to have lost six people from my Friends List overnight. I had a few really old ones that had not logged in in forever that I hadn't gotten around to clearing out, so I'm guessing they did a purge on those since my oldest one now isn't that long ago. It does put a damper on the TMR farm, though, until I get those filled. If anyone here doesn't have me in their list yet, I have spots open :) I'm on the spreadsheet.

I've switched my main friend unit from Orlandau to Malphasie since she seems more versatile as a friend unit.

Cururu on
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Maxed out my GL Sakura with the raid coins. Geared with suboptimal gear she has almost 1600 MAG while keeping my TT at almost 1700 MAG. She also has 9.4k HP and 800+ spirit and 700+ MP. Looking forward to murdering things with her.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I don't know what to think about GLS' Trust Ability only being the triple cast. On one hand, it feels underwhelming that she doesn't get any stat boosts or LB buffs from using her TMR, but on the other hand, on demand triple cast is cool. Just wish it had a little more oomph to it.

If I get my GLS dupe I'm probably going to run her with her TMR anyway because of the extra durability it gives her, the extra HP and SPR make her quite survivable, which I really like from my DPS units.

Zomro on
  • Options
    So the game was updated with a bunch of bug fixes. I was trying to use my arena orbs and the game crashed. Came back to an update that took a bit to download. Expansion vouchers are still broken so don't use them. Looks like Dragonlord is fixed now. I noticed that GL Sakura's Grim Lord ability is in a different spot. I should be up higher anyway, to match other units "double ability" skills. I can get used to that.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I went over JP's update schedule, and holy shit we're getting such good stuff. Eventually.

Super Trust moogles! Breaking the stat pot cap! Extra SP for espers! Buff/Break timer! Story mode reset (so much lapis)! TMR coin mixer! Split inventory for enhancer-type units! Advanced/Expert/Parameter missions!*

By the way, in a few months we should get new Trophy recipes, one of which is better than Arsha's Talisman. Ring of Genbu/Genbu's Ring/Genbu Ring. Anyone know the materials for this accessory? And is it worth holding off farming/moogling Arsha's Talisman? It should come out in 4 months.

[edit]* This list is in reverse chronological order.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Story mode reset (so much lapis)!

This is part of the reason I am going back and clearing old stages I never fully handled (other than the immediate lapis benefit of course).

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    TMR farm keeps crashing. Fucking a.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    TMR farm keeps crashing. Fucking a.

I had the same problem today. The update fucked with the game's ability to handle fast/simultaneous clicks, I think. I'm told that the Android magnifier trick is also broken. Anyway, I fixed my TMR macro by changing it from 4x speed to 3x speed, so try slowing your macro down.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Cururu wrote: »
    I appear to have lost six people from my Friends List overnight. I had a few really old ones that had not logged in in forever that I hadn't gotten around to clearing out, so I'm guessing they did a purge on those since my oldest one now isn't that long ago. It does put a damper on the TMR farm, though, until I get those filled. If anyone here doesn't have me in their list yet, I have spots open :) I'm on the spreadsheet.

I've switched my main friend unit from Orlandau to Malphasie since she seems more versatile as a friend unit.
    Your friends list is full. At least, that’s what it tells me.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    I was not prepared for the stat cap increase. I don’t have much more to swap in on my characters. Guess it gives them room to grow, right?

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Zomro wrote: »
    I don't know what to think about GLS' Trust Ability only being the triple cast. On one hand, it feels underwhelming that she doesn't get any stat boosts or LB buffs from using her TMR, but on the other hand, on demand triple cast is cool. Just wish it had a little more oomph to it.

If I get my GLS dupe I'm probably going to run her with her TMR anyway because of the extra durability it gives her, the extra HP and SPR make her quite survivable, which I really like from my DPS units.

She'll get some more oomph here next week with her enhancements.

Edit: I do think it would have been better if they had made her Ruler of Fear as the TMR ability and have 3x cast as a default ability.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    maraji wrote: »

So it removes idle friends from your list, but it doesn't really remove them. GG Gumi. Well played.

Tiphares on
  • Options

Very strange. My list is still showing 54/60. Maybe the six got hidden but not removed. Lots of weirdness with this update.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Oooh. the 'emblems' count as new achivements. Collecting them gave me the points i needed to finish the ring of domination receipe box.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options

Very strange. My list is still showing 54/60. Maybe the six got hidden but not removed. Lots of weirdness with this update.
    I've had that with one friend, Tea, and i don't know if it is confused. Has a clyne that randomly will populate but I can't remove it from my list. It's the only one I know of.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    What did they actually change with the arena

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Do arena tickets have better items now or just the medal exchange?

• Options
    I don't think all of the arena changes are active until tomorrow. They are finishing off this week with the old rules/point totals.

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    Cant you already see the changes in medals though? I don't remember king cactuars on the old board, but i have been hoarding for a while now. The bonus Arena Points for Select units is definitely not registering yet, though.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    The medal board is updated, the ticket pulls are not. The rule changes will start tomorrow.

• Options
    With TMR farming iffy (having random app crashes) and with a MK event starting tomorrow; I'm getting an early jump on the bonus stages. Probably enhance D.Rain to share as a bonus unit, though other than doublehand, not sure what would be useful for an MK event.

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Bummed D.Rain's banner sucks. With him getting a cover ability and entrust, and his 100% counter, he'll be quite the little entrust bot.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
This discussion has been closed.