As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Old Thread.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Going to see how the Christmas banner works out. If it's a repeat of the Halloween banner with 3 5* units on one banner, I may use the UoC to just 7* WKN. Assuming he gets the buffs I mentioned on the previous page.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Oh crap, limited units are selectable?

I'm one GLS short of her STMR. Oh man, this is gonna take some deliberation

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I'm not sure her STMR is worth it. It's basically the same thing as a 3* unit's TMR but with 20% HP/MP on it (well and TDH SPR). I mean it's nice, but we're not sure if these special UoC's will make an appearance again, I'd hold out for a unit you want and can't get the other one to 7*.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I'm not sure her STMR is worth it. It's basically the same thing as a 3* unit's TMR but with 20% HP/MP on it (well and TDH SPR). I mean it's nice, but we're not sure if these special UoC's will make an appearance again, I'd hold out for a unit you want and can't get the other one to 7*.

Yeah, upon looking at it, it wouldn't be as good as one would think. I was thinking that having her STMR would potentially let her get her trust ability without using Reaver (when they add that feature in GL), then she can TDH a higher MAG weapon. The only issue is is that I'd want it to be fire weapon as that gives her extra +% MAG from her passives, but there's not many fire element MAG weapons with that much higher MAG than Reaver. That and she loses all the HP boosts.

Though I am tempted to get another GLS to have two 7* versions of her. But at the moment, I'm back at Fryevia or Aloha Lasswell.

Zomro on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Hm. Honestly, considering whether to blow those tickets on a second Beryl so I can have a 7* magic tank at last, or wait to see if Chow becomes available again and I can pull one.

(Also if Chow's event returns I'm hoping for Yan enhancements. She remains on my team to this day and honestly she's at a pont where literally all I'd need for enhancements is "rename some abilities so they start with "Chi" to dualcast them". That's it.)

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    I mean, if you haven't had any luck with a magic tank I don't see why you wouldn't. I did that when I was wanting Wilhelm's 7* and I did not regret doing it. But honestly, with all the dps options its fairly easy to get a 7* from that than a tank or healer, I feel.

I'll probably hold off for now on using mine. Since the annoucement of how much lapis we are getting, I'm rethinking about pulling on sieghard's banner just to see if I get any rainbows at all, otherwise I'll save them and see how the xmas banners go.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »

Yeah, upon looking at it, it wouldn't be as good as one would think. I was thinking that having her STMR would potentially let her get her trust ability without using Reaver (when they add that feature in GL), then she can TDH a higher MAG weapon. The only issue is is that I'd want it to be fire weapon as that gives her extra +% MAG from her passives, but there's not many fire element MAG weapons with that much higher MAG than Reaver. That and she loses all the HP boosts.

Though I am tempted to get another GLS to have two 7* versions of her. But at the moment, I'm back at Fryevia or Aloha Lasswell.

If you have one 7* GLS and one 5-6* sitting there (ie not merged for the 50% moogle), I would wait for the Mixer. Chance they could put Halloween prisms in there to purchase, in which case you could buy it and turn your 5* into a 7* and then have two or merge them together for the STMR.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    I mean, if you haven't had any luck with a magic tank I don't see why you wouldn't. I did that when I was wanting Wilhelm's 7* and I did not regret doing it. But honestly, with all the dps options its fairly easy to get a 7* from that than a tank or healer, I feel.

I'll probably hold off for now on using mine. Since the annoucement of how much lapis we are getting, I'm rethinking about pulling on sieghard's banner just to see if I get any rainbows at all, otherwise I'll save them and see how the xmas banners go.

Oh, I'm going to do one of them, the question is which one. Wait for Chow, or grab Beryl now, or hey, maybe WKN does good magic tanking at 7*, I already have one of those. I'm less deciding "am I going to spend them on a magic tank", and more "which one" :P.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Oh great, here's a chance to cheaply get a limited tank (WKN) from an upcoming banner. And here's me just having spent 50 ticket + step-up lap to get Sieghard.

[edit] I literally don't have any of those limited units. I skipped them all. I thought I was doing the smart thing. What are the banners I did pull on? Deus Ex. Tomb Raider. Are those in the pool? No. Of course not.

[edit] That said, those are some great rewards. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining about getting a fuckload of free goodies.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Just ran the step-up for Sieghard, was getting nothing until the last step where I got a double Sieghard pull.

That'll do, game. Now I need to get a bunch more shield and tough pots...

Cruor on
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Oh great, here's a chance to cheaply get a limited tank (WKN) from an upcoming banner. And here's me just having spent 50 ticket + step-up lap to get Sieghard.

[edit] I literally don't have any of those limited units. I skipped them all. I thought I was doing the smart thing. What are the banners I did pull on? Deus Ex. Tomb Raider. Are those in the pool? No. Of course not.

[edit] That said, those are some great rewards. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining about getting a fuckload of free goodies.
    But you have amazing limited units like Ariana Grande and soon Katy Perry! The new post says this is another wave battle event. So, it sounds like the materials will need to be farmed from the different difficulties to make the gear that looks... bad. Aside from completing the quests one time through, I think this is another skip event. Get 7* Popstar Katy and get out.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    The event gear that gives +EVO% damage seems like it could be useful. This Katy Perry looks like she may be a good option for Esper damage for all of those annoying kill with an Esper missions. Although that depends on what her innate % is in order for he to be a better option than existing summoners.

Cururu on
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Her STMR has 20% EVO damage for her and it looks like we get 4 of her. She might make a nice budget summoner.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    Her STMR has 20% EVO damage for her and it looks like we get 4 of her. She might make a nice budget summoner.
    It should give new players a decent option for esper kill missions, which is a really annoying mission type, especially when starting out. The gear is bad - unless you are starting out and only have crap. It kind of nice, new players get a character that fits a hard to fill (if niche) role, and can craft useful gear. Veterans get a couple of okay items, a 50% moogle, and 2 more 7* toward the eventual challenge.

One question: are there new players anymore?

• Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    Jakarrd wrote: »

Oh, I'm going to do one of them, the question is which one. Wait for Chow, or grab Beryl now, or hey, maybe WKN does good magic tanking at 7*, I already have one of those. I'm less deciding "am I going to spend them on a magic tank", and more "which one" :P.

Yeah I'd wait. Beryl is in the unit pool so you can use a normal UoC on it if you want. Chow is a great magic tank, and hasn't seen his 7* yet. I'm actually a bit worried they'll skip giving WKN magic tank stuff since Chow is around the corner.

If they do screw WKN over and there isn't an expiration date on this special UoC, I may hold out for Chow and hope I can pull 1 of him. I need a good Magic Tank something fierce, and Chow's Magic Tank/Healer roles allows for some really good slot efficiency.

• Options
    maraji wrote: »
    Cirira wrote: »
    It should give new players a decent option for esper kill missions, which is a really annoying mission type, especially when starting out. The gear is bad - unless you are starting out and only have crap. It kind of nice, new players get a character that fits a hard to fill (if niche) role, and can craft useful gear. Veterans get a couple of okay items, a 50% moogle, and 2 more 7* toward the eventual challenge.

One question: are there new players anymore?

Sure, we've had some pop in this thread. I'm not sure there is a flood of them, but folks still seem to check it out.

• Options
    If there's no expiration date on these GLEX UoCs then it might make sense to wait until the Mixer comes around. If your desired Limited unit has a Prism in the Mixer, you can get a 7* limited unit without ever having pulled one. I think that's what I'll do.

• Options
    My guess is that the mixer will show up at earliest during the 3rd year anniversary. I wonder if we can use it on the new Christmas units? Depending on how meta they are, might be worth it.

• Options
    My guess is that the mixer will show up at earliest during the 3rd year anniversary. I wonder if we can use it on the new Christmas units? Depending on how meta they are, might be worth it.

I don't know if it'll be that long. If they wanted to wait until then I don't think they would have announced it at the Fan Festa.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    If there's no expiration date on these GLEX UoCs then it might make sense to wait until the Mixer comes around. If your desired Limited unit has a Prism in the Mixer, you can get a 7* limited unit without ever having pulled one. I think that's what I'll do.
    Same here. I don’t have one of any of them that I’d want, besides maybe GLS

• Options
    It kind of seems like a "my bad" from Gumi for the triple 5* Halloween banner (older units) - adding in limited time units to the choices. I hope that doesn't mean they will stick with the same pattern for Christmas and assume people will use the new FFBE UoC for them.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I have no idea how i'm going to spend this GLEX UOC. I have 3 Olives and I'm certainly not burning it on a STMR. Already have 7* Barb, Kryla, Zarglebargle. I have a single Ellesperis but am not going to UOC a 2nd. Zero of the rest of the units.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    For those that missed it. There was an IW style event to build an accessory. Here is how it turned out.

•Fan Festa 2018 Gift Basket (LB Gauge Fill Rate +10%, ATK/MAG +5%, Doublehand materia (25%)

The item is kind of garbo. I heard there was an option to put every elemental spell as a modifier and people voted against it. At least it would have been useful for mission objectives, but in it's current form, it's not useful at all for the majority of players. Also, notice it is DH and not TDH. Oh well. All of the other rewards from Fan Festa are amazing.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I have no idea how i'm going to spend this GLEX UOC. I have 3 Olives and I'm certainly not burning it on a STMR. Already have 7* Barb, Kryla, Zarglebargle. I have a single Ellesperis but am not going to UOC a 2nd. Zero of the rest of the units.

I'm really hoping we can save this pick. I want to see how Chow and Ang turn out with their 7* kits. Or if they add the new Xmas units (and potentially new Lunar New Year units) to the list.
    Also, I want to know if they're going to have the GLEX unit Prisms in the mixer, because that means that 1 GLEX UoC and 1 Mixer Prism can make a 7* unit without having to pull it at all.

I'm really hoping that since they've gone this far to make a new ticket and pool that these tickets will be something that will pop up in the future as well, alongside the regular UoC tickets.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Mixer should be a good bit before anniversary, hopefully one of the mixer, enhance tab, or even just amazing enhancements comes sooner than later so I can finally possibly clear out my mailbox.

GLEX ticket I don't really know. Seems like unless you have a favorite or something, you'd just want to pick whatever you get the most longevity out of. For non new people, none of the damage dealers are really long term standouts so probably one of the tanks/supports. Or a limited unit you want to use but don't want to pull from a triple banner for. Or an STMR if you don't really have unit needs. If I had a third Malph I'd almost certainly just grab her STMR if for nothing else to stop me from having exclude it every time I use the builder :P

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    Since we have confirmation of Mixer, I'm less worried about having to pull Randi if SoM actually ever comes around again. I already have one and at the rate things are going the Mixer will be here before SoM, so I can just buy his Prism.

Which frees up my Lapis to pull if I see something I really actually need, which certainly is now more damage dealers. Looks like I'll be going for Folka or CGFina when her 7* Awakening comes around.

• Options
    It'll be really interesting to see if they add the new Christmas units in the pool. Both seem pretty strong based on the short description we have.

• Options
    I'm very tempted to grab a Chow in anticipation of his 7*. If he gets a Prism in the mixer then I'll be all set with a magic tank. Still, gonna wait and see how long we can sit on those tickets.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    It'll be really interesting to see if they add the new Christmas units in the pool. Both seem pretty strong based on the short description we have.
    Tiana will be a quad cast magic attacker with many elements

Everyone is hoping for Elly with more elements, but will probably be Livid Shantotto v1.5. I kind of like Christmas/holiday units though.

BlehBlehAmiga on
    ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    I missed Livid Shantotto so another all elements magic caster would be nice to snag.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Funnily enough, I'm kind of tempted to GL UoC Chow even though I don't have him. Partly because he's a good boy and mostly because I have a single Yun and Ang already. If I have all three of them, then when they're all shoved onto the same repeat banner ala Halloween, then I can pull without regard as to which one I get for 7*. Then I could always stop pulling after two of them to then get the last one's prism from the mixer.

It's an interesting idea, but I probably won't. I'll probably wind up pulling Chow when pulling for Ang / Yun anyway.

So many choices.

I doubt they'll add any new GL exclusives to the pool with these GL UoC tickets. At least not until they give them out again (maybe the anniversary or the next Fan Festa)

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I would say that WKN and Kryla are at the top of my GLEX UoC list. WKN for his 7* (since I already have 1) and Kryla could be really great, but I don't have any of her. Her TMR is top notch since we know of future JP trials and the dependence on elemental resists. I guess we'll find out in the next couple of weeks what the full list of GLEX UoC units is and when/if the tickets expire.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    I'm so excited to see what 7* Kryla can do. TMR ability for Quad-Jinx? A Light/Dark imperiling brew? A high % Full-break added on to her LB? Modifier boosts for her Hex? Not to mention she'll likely be getting enhancements at the same time. I hope that she gets some sort of Auto-Refresh, since she lacks that in her 6* kit.

• Options

Everyone is hoping for Elly with more elements, but will probably be Livid Shantotto v1.5. I kind of like Christmas/holiday units though.

According to an article on Reddit, Circe is our best "mage" right now. She's basically Elly-lite, so I wonder if it'll be similar for Tiana. Not Shantotto bad but not Elly good.

• Options

According to an article on Reddit, Circe is our best "mage" right now. She's basically Elly-lite, so I wonder if it'll be similar for Tiana. Not Shantotto bad but not Elly good.

Link? Couldn't find it.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I'll try and find it later. Reddit's search has been crap the last couple days. EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/9k3yd4/circe_and_elly_jp_xenogears_mage_comparison_its/

With her and TT it comes down to elements and length. If the enemy is weak to fire/dark, TT will win. If it's weak to water, earth, wind, Circe will win. Also T.Terra has super high burst (Turn 1/3 then much lower till turn 9), where as Circe can keep up the rotation more. TT's already crazy good but would have been nice to add Quad Cast to her LB as another way to get it up.

Starting to worry about WKN, thinking they may go the D.Rain route and just make him a full on magic damage tank. When did we get Chow? Feb? Might have to just wait for him, I forgot how good he is as just a 6* unit. 7* + enhancements could make him insane.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    IW next week... Thinking about it literally makes me sick. I ran something like 17 times and didn't get higher than, what was it, 17% atk?

I was so frustrated. I was this close from quitting the game forever. It was just an entire day of pure frustration and me throwing all my resources into this one fucking weapon I can't even remember anymore. I think subconscious mind deleted the memory out of self preservation. But just thinking about the Item World makes me angry. Like, I'm not even kidding. I'm sort of angry right now. Just, suddenly, after reading that IW is next week.

[edit] Not 17 times and not 17%. But close.
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    13 Masamune runs. Highest ATK I could get was 20%.

If it turns out there was a bug and I used all 70 IW potions on this, I'm going to be so angry.

[edit] It's stuff like this that will make me feel pure relief when Europe decides to ban gacha games.

Oh my god, I don't want to go back. I don't. Don't make me go back. No. Please.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Bonus stage down. Should have built the team differently to avoid the 73 turn slog that the giga rat turned into, but it’s done. Missed the “summon an esper” mission, but I’m not going through that again just for 5 supercites.

Edit-
    As far as IW goes, if you can decide not to care about minmaxing (easier said than done) it dulls the pain a bit. Just find a bunch of items that could be useful and run them all once before trying any reruns. Then when you have a boss fight where you pull out the cautery sword, you go “hey neat, bonus stats” and it distracts from that missing attack on Tonitrus.

maraji on
  • Options
    Also, we should be getting an IW upgrade eventually where the enhancements are better and the event lasts longer. I would not stress too much over big % increases. Anything is better than a bare weapon. I'm glad I enhanced the Enhancer+ because it's actually the best weapon I have for A. Fryevia since I never farmed up Sorcery or Drace's TMR. If swords are on the next rotation, I may TMR one of them. I saw @BlehBlehAmiga A. Fryevia with 2.4k ATK and 1k MAG and my jaw dropped. Best I can manage with my gear is 1.8k ATK and 1k MAG. I plan to give her a whirl through the Bonus Stage at some point tonight.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Anything is better than a bare weapon

Sure. But if you're running the same item over and over and over and over again to get something better than 20% it can really kill you inside.

This discussion has been closed.