As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Old Thread.

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    My last arena battle killed something inside me. Other team went first 6 times and I couldn't finished off their healer which did group raise+full heal to bring back 3 from the dead.

There goes my 20 win streak.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I tend to run my team where they either slaughter the other team immediately or get slaughtered. That way no streaks needed!

Cirira on
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    The win streak does not give as many arena points as the bonus unit so don't worry too much about it. Besides, you still have 3.5 more days to build it back up. Also, the Katy Perry collab starts on Wed so there must be early maintenance. I guess we will get more details tomorrow. Gumi is trying to squeeze in an extra collab and I guess Wed - Wed worked out better so it did not interfere with the upcoming FF7 (Dec 21?) and Christmas event (Dec 28?).

• Options
    I need to get to 50 win streak for a trophy so I can get next round of rewards. Then I need to get 100 win streaks... ugh

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    AhiMahi wrote: »
    I need to get to 50 win streak for a trophy so I can get next round of rewards. Then I need to get 100 win streaks... ugh

It’ll come. I couldn’t get beyond a 45 streak for what felt like months, then suddenly I got a bit more gear and then only lost a handful of times over the next year. Things are harder now because more people care about arena, and more people run troll teams that actually kill you rather than just annoy with long attack animations.

What team are you using?

• Options
    maraji wrote: »

It’ll come. I couldn’t get beyond a 45 streak for what felt like months, then suddenly I got a bit more gear and then only lost a handful of times over the next year. Things are harder now because more people care about arena, and more people run troll teams that actually kill you rather than just annoy with long attack animations.

What team are you using?

Yeah I realize I am still new to this game don't quite have all the right role units. But a grinder of JRPG in me wants to check off stuff.

My arena team is 7* Kurasame for spamming freezing showers and hoping for petrifying effect, 7* Sieghard for tanking and 3 other 6* for none meaningful fill ins.

Most fights are fine unless they have high level healer/tank combo and if I can get at least 50/50 for the first turns.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Spent about 5k arena medals (still have 9k+) for pots. Made headway on shield and tough pots, but still need a bunch more for Sieghard. Fusing those cactuars took some time but I am back up to 31 max level Kings, even after using 10 to level up Sieghard. Since we're getting 34 max level Kings from the Fan Festa rewards, I'm gonna be leveling up a ton of 7* dudes I haven't done yet.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    That's good, I have since gained a fair amount of new gear I want to put some stats on. Angel slayer, killer bow+, dragoon lance ffxv, etc. Still more than I can actually run thru without going insane, but I figure I'll take the top 3 unenhanced out of each group and go from there. Probably look at anything wih a killer first and go from there. It'll give me something to do!

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    That's good, I have since gained a fair amount of new gear I want to put some stats on. Angel slayer, killer bow+, dragoon lance ffxv, etc. Still more than I can actually run thru without going insane, but I figure I'll take the top 3 unenhanced out of each group and go from there. Probably look at anything wih a killer first and go from there. It'll give me something to do!
    Bear in mind Angel Slayer has horrible negative variance that makes it useless outside of expeditions and (someday) parameter missions. Having said that, getting more attack on it would improve both of those things, but it probably shouldn’t be a priority.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    I'm sitting on over 28k arena medals, just going to hold off on spending until we get the extra units tab. I don't need to spend days merging mini pots and regular gigantaurs.

• Options

What team are you using?

Yeah I realize I am still new to this game don't quite have all the right role units. But a grinder of JRPG in me wants to check off stuff.

My arena team is 7* Kurasame for spamming freezing showers and hoping for petrifying effect, 7* Sieghard for tanking and 3 other 6* for none meaningful fill ins.

Most fights are fine unless they have high level healer/tank combo and if I can get at least 50/50 for the first turns.
    Do you happen to have Amelia? 4* base gunner that can chain with Freezing Showers (Disorder is the skill). Once you have that chain established you can add in practically any other chaining move, as Disorder has pretty tight frames (5 frame separation between hits in the chain). If you got a Pod153 (or two) from the Nier event last week you can help the chain with Mirage.

Amelia also has a finisher that inflicts Stop (Ricochet).

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    Bear in mind Angel Slayer has horrible negative variance that makes it useless outside of expeditions and (someday) parameter missions. Having said that, getting more attack on it would improve both of those things, but it probably shouldn’t be a priority.

Oh, I am aware of that. I meant more for the parameter and exploration setups.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular

What team are you using?

I did my streak early on, so this advice may not hold up as well, but if you want 100 wins, you can make it just a bit easier by a) having critical ailment resistance on everyone and b) always challenging your lowest ratio opponent, rather than your highest one. Nothing says you have to have 100 meaningful victories.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Looks like they are making us work for our Fan Feasta rewards. Vault of Hidden Treasures and login bonuses starting tomorrow and continuing in January.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    If they gave us all those resources before Christmas, we'd all spend it on the Christmas banner. After Christmas and we'd complain about Gumi deliberately withholding resources until Christmas is over.

And Gumi tends to put the free stuff in daily logins. Player retention and all that jazz.

[edit] Though, now that I think about it, most of the lapis is distributed before the Christmas event is over.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Looks like they are making us work for our Fan Feasta rewards. Vault of Hidden Treasures and login bonuses starting tomorrow and continuing in January.
    Could be worse - like distributed as arena participation rewards.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I get why they'd split up the rewards as a login bonus, as it encourages daily login from players. A little annoyed about having Fan Festa rewards in the Vault of Hidden Treasures, though. But that's because I'm a big dumb who somehow always forgets that it's running and winds up forgetting to run it a day or two.

Maybe we could add a reminder in the thread title about the Fan Festa daily login and Vault rewards, mainly a reminder for the Vault because, as I said, I'm a big dumb

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    There's probably some factor in this that discourages re-rolling as well.

Item World confirmed. Daggers, Swords, Staves, Rods, Bows, Axes, Hammers, Spears. Looks like hammer's rare ability is now 30% ATK.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yawn.

• Options
    Zomro wrote: »
    I get why they'd split up the rewards as a login bonus, as it encourages daily login from players. A little annoyed about having Fan Festa rewards in the Vault of Hidden Treasures, though. But that's because I'm a big dumb who somehow always forgets that it's running and winds up forgetting to run it a day or two.

Maybe we could add a reminder in the thread title about the Fan Festa daily login and Vault rewards, mainly a reminder for the Vault because, as I said, I'm a big dumb
    This was my thought as well. I don't like that it is tied to running an event that is hidden in the Vortex. A lot of people are going to miss this. I will make sure to put a reminder each day in the thread, but a title change would be welcomed as well.

Also, I saw someone else mention that not receiving the rewards all at once deters rerollers. Last year, rerollers were getting like 50 rolls at the start of the game.

Lastly, the step-up banner on Friday is a trap! Don't pull on it!

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    hmm. Chinese New Years next year is Feb 5th, and the UoC tickets expire Jan 31. That's cutting it pretty close, depending on when they run the new year's event.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    hmm. Chinese New Years next year is Feb 5th, and the UoC tickets expire Jan 31. That's cutting it pretty close, depending on when they run the new year's event.
    I think it probably depends more on when they give Chow, Ang, and Yun their 7* awakenings. They can give them their awakenings before the event so people can make a decision on if they want to UoC them.

IW confirmed this week. Time to roll some stats on Angel Slayer for parameter missions. I guess I should get a Death Trap or Sorcery done before it's over. Which one do people prefer? I guess I would tend to go for the one with higher MAG stat since I only have one set of TDH gear and still missing a Marshall Glove. Also, A. Fryevia is MP hungry so Death Trap seems like a good fit.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    That change to hammers really sucks.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah Death Trap has the innate MP bonus so easy choice.

I hate that the tickets expire end of January, ruins waiting for Chow. I figured they'd have some expiration since they wouldn't want to leave that screen on the summon page forever unless it's coming back again soon. If WKN gets good upgrades, I'll just use it on him to save lapis and tickets. If Christine gets good upgrades (quad cast matching T.Terra) and is not part of some 3x unit banner, I may try and pull one of her and use the ticket as backup for 7*. I could 7* Olive, Circe, or Aloha Lasswell. Or grab Zargs really good STMR.

It'll just come down to how they handle Christmas I think. If each of the old units gets amazing 7* updates and they each have 11K step ups, I may use the ticket as insurance. If WKN doesn't get any magic tank stuff, I may use it on Chow and hope I can pull 1 more in Feb.

The new summon is interesting, 19K is a lot right now but 10 units I wouldn't mind out of 16. Might wait to see if we get any WKN details before it's gone.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    That change to hammers really sucks.
    Yeah, what the hell! Does that mean the previous rare ability changes or just the newly acquired one? All of those Sledgehammer users out there are going to be super pissed if it changes.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I doubt it, unless they coded it so that your weapons look back to a central database table for their stats, it would be a ton of work to roll through every account and check hammers for rares, then change it. I'd imagine we'll just be grandfathered in.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Makes sense. It really sucks that it was the best defensive roll for a weapon. Maybe it will be added back for IW ver 2.0 for other weapon types.

Also, thanks for changing the thread title. One minor thing... it's "Festa" not "Fiesta".

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Yeah hammer change sucks until the Marvel collab and Thor

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    The GLex UoC is being handled as a mog minister turn in. That’s... weird?
    mbz3khex3h4a.jpeg

Wouldn’t the usual schedule give him something else to do in the next two months?

maraji on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    19000 lapis for 2 guaranteed GL exclusive units hmmm....

Demon Rain
    Olive
    Fryevia
    Reberta
    Zargabaath
    Grim Lord Sakura
    Barbariccia
    Dracu Lasswell
    Seaside Nichol
    Aloha Lasswell
    Circe
    Malphasie
    Lucius
    Lilith
    Beryl
    Ellesperis

strike throughs are for me to visualize which units I have/don't want

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    The GLex UoC is being handled as a mog minister turn in. That’s... weird?

Just crushes my hopes that this would be a new Select Summon banner, which means way less likely this will be a repeat thing in the future. Oh well.

I'm super tempted by this step-up but at the same time... they also mentioned at the Fan Festa that Sephiroth and Cloud are getting their 7* forms with the FF7 event. Which is probably next week since we have another UoC ticket event that week. Which means the next 7* batch is probably next week (and will include Cloud and Sephiroth). And I have 3 Clouds and 3 Sephiroths... so I really want to do those 7* Type Banners as well.

• Options
    lol my mind makes up things all the time (LRD vs LGD). Since the very first one I've read it as Fiesta, even when it's Festa haha.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    It'll be interesting to see what they do for the next couple weeks. They could just as easily leave the Katy Perry event as the main thing along with this Fan Festa banner. Maybe bring another return event and save FF7 for after Christmas. Also Halloween started on the 19th, which was a full week+ before Halloween. We could see something similar with Christmas getting started here this week.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Oh my God game give me something interesting to do please.

• Options
    TMR Farm? I'm back to having quite a few I'm working on like Cannon's and Lotti's.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Looks like I'm gonna hold on to the GLEX UoCs right up until the end of when they can be used and then I'll probably just grab a second Zargabaath.

If we get more info on what will be in the Mixer when it launches (Prisms, etc) I may grab a limited unit like Chow or WKN if he gets magic tanking capabilities.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I have 1 chow so I may grab another just because he is constantly in my gil farming team.

• Options
    I can either use the UoC tickets to 7* Circe or to pull a 6* unit and hope the Christmas banner or Mixer gives me the opportunity to 7* said 6* unit.

Or I can pull from the GLEX banner and use the UoC ticket to complete whatever I get.

Demon Rain - Nope
    Olive - Nope
    Fryevia - 7*
    Reberta - 6*
    Zargabaath - Nope
    Grim Lord Sakura - Nope
    Barbariccia - 7*
    Dracu Lasswell - Nope
    Seaside Nichol - Nope
    Aloha Lasswell - Nope
    Circe - 6*
    Malphasie - Nope
    Lucius - Nope
    Lilith - Nope
    Beryl - Nope
    Ellesperis - Nope
    White Knight Noel - Nope
    Yun - Nope
    Christine - Nope
    Kryla - Nope
    Ang - Nope
    Chow - Nope

Chances are I'll pull one of the units I don't already have. Which ones do I want, though? I don't want Dracy Lasswell, for instance. Don't want Olive either. I'm okay on finishers. I have Sieghard, so I'm okay on tanks. I want Zarglebargle. I wouldn't mind 7*ing Circe. I want Malphasie. Beryl maybe.

Oh my god, this is so difficult. I have such difficulty choosing. It's why I'll probably never use those regular UoC tickets. Fuck.

God, those Christmas units. They'll probably be good... And I kind of want Chow, even though I already have Sieghard. Chow is a magic tank, though, and I don't have a dedicated magic tank. But I do have Basch ready, and he's a decent magic tank... Fuck. This is decision paralysis. The bane of my life.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I'm fairly certain my GLEX UoC is going to Chow.

I've got 1 Christine and 1 WKN and 2 GLS. All of the other non-season exclusives I don't feel are worth a ticket for.

I've got 2 Yun and 2 Ang already. I was super sad I missed Chow and pulled hard for him (hence the 2 Aang's).

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    TMR Farm? I'm back to having quite a few I'm working on like Cannon's and Lotti's.

Isn't Cannon's TMR just a fire version of Aqua Blade? I don't think I've ever used Aqua Blade.

This discussion has been closed.