As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2018 - Gifting complete!

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Oh my goodness!

I was expecting packages from Amazon today but was confused as to why the ink I ordered was in such a big box ....

gj7a5cc1v7fz.jpg

Turns out it's not because Amazon is size confused, but because @Noggin is awesome!

s3e3tlfpj3lc.jpg

!!!!

I immediately went down to my shop to hang the rasp saw next to my fret saw. It will be used extensively in the coming weeks!

cj4lp9vl8hc9.jpg

THANK YOU NOGGIN!

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    You're welcome!!
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Grobian wrote: »
    Two more packages arrived!

I'm now suspicious that Ladybug is a witch trying to fatten me up for the oven.
    xxlecvq29vqy.jpg

That Sherlock Holmes edition is pretty great. I remember that my Dad had like bands 2 and 4 of a Sherlock collection and I read them as a kid. There were some very scary stories in there, now I can see if that holds up. I guess Hound of Baskervilles is the first that usually comes to mind, but for me the scariest was "The Speckled Band".

Anyway, this edition has nice pictures every couple of pages and I randomly opened it to one that describes my current situation perfectly:

q4who38a3tuc.jpg

Thanks again, -Ladybug2332 those are all great gifts!

Although, in the spirit of the figure skating I saw yesterday you get a technical deduction for giving me candy that now sits in my office, mocking and tempting me. I just arrived! It's 8:30! I can't start eating candy now!
    ...he says while already opening the bag

Satan, I'm updating my wish list to be this post!

Then you're going to love your third bonus gift...
    Two more packages arrived!

I'm now suspicious that Ladybug is a witch trying to fatten me up for the oven.
    xxlecvq29vqy.jpg

That Sherlock Holmes edition is pretty great. I remember that my Dad had like bands 2 and 4 of a Sherlock collection and I read them as a kid. There were some very scary stories in there, now I can see if that holds up. I guess Hound of Baskervilles is the first that usually comes to mind, but for me the scariest was "The Speckled Band".

Anyway, this edition has nice pictures every couple of pages and I randomly opened it to one that describes my current situation perfectly:

q4who38a3tuc.jpg

Thanks again, -Ladybug2332 those are all great gifts!

Although, in the spirit of the figure skating I saw yesterday you get a technical deduction for giving me candy that now sits in my office, mocking and tempting me. I just arrived! It's 8:30! I can't start eating candy now!
    ...he says while already opening the bag

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    As I mentioned, I had a package show up on Wednesday.

Bunch o' pictures:
    kI2Q7k9.jpg

Upon receipt, I pulled out my pocket knife and began to open it, like you do...

wjbWRBZ.jpg

when suddenly it began to open itself, ripping and rearranging its own cardboard self as it unfolded. I leaped back in shock, dropping my knife on the counter...

KnSaqB7.jpg

as it fully revealed itself to be not a package, but something far worse. The momentary shock abated, and I lunged forward...

T33U5ea.jpg

scrambling to reclaim my knife. It lurched forward, but I was faster, or so I thought, until it propelled itself into the air...

oHxtJsr.jpg

and latched on to my other arm, its terrible mandibles clicking mere inches away from my face. In my haste to get away from the thing...

JgjxlUp.jpg

I fell, and it scrabbled its terrible way on to my chest. Its sharp, corrugated claws sank into my flesh as it climbed closer to my head, clearly aiming for the kill...

KgxPry3.jpg

a kill I just managed to beat it to, flinging it down onto the ground and running it through with my blade. As it spent its last few moment struggling on the linoleum...

RHbX9kQ.jpg

I returned myself to its contents. A book, and a message...

u9oOY1C.jpg

"Knowledge"

What could it mean? I certainly feel as if I know more now than I did before this terrible night, but I worry that this incident has not yet come to a close.

To be continued...

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Straightzi has the best gift posts

Or the most horrifying life

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Straightzi has the best gift posts

Or the most horrifying life

It can be both!

• .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm going to have Straightzi open my gifts. "Look at what I got! Squeeeeee!" pales in comparison to those posts.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
    . wrote: »
    I'm going to have Straightzi open my gifts. "Look at what I got! Squeeeeee!" pales in comparison to those posts.

Don't tempt me.

Do you even know what I could do if I had another actor to work with?

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Straightzi lives in basically Pee Wee's playhouse. But its haunted.

Straightzi wrote: »
    . wrote: »

Don't tempt me.

Do you even know what I could do if I had another actor to work with?

Someone make this happen next year! Not necessarily with me, just someone!

edited November 2018
    ok, but shipping me to wherever is probably going to cost a lot

I'd go flat rate and please put sufficient amounts of bottled water and tacos in my crate

Xaquin on
    The most nailbiting part is when your package has arrived but your Satanee probably hasn't even gotten off work yet

• N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    The most nailbiting part is when your package has arrived but your Satanee probably hasn't even gotten off work yet

You're in luck because I am home and have now finished the opening and photographing and the uploading!

Package (appropriately obliterated!)
    gac2w1A.jpg?2

Note (all clever and stuff)
    ZP1K6df.jpg?2

And inside....
    XpwVQ0k.jpg?2
    Yesssssss! I'm super excited! I lost all my music a couple years ago and haven't had the chance to replace much, so this is SO GREAT!

Thank you so much! *procrastinates on actual work to go play piano*

Whoo! Also there should have been something else that I guess AMazon sent in a separate package for some reason?

And yes there will be more coming! Happy Helladays!

Was it the 4th Doctor socks?

[cross post from other thread because I wasn't sure]
    So I'm not entirely sure which Secret Gifting Enterprise this package is the result of because no note!
    But I got this package:
    aqklerh.jpg?1
    It was squishy and intriguing.
    And then I opened it, and it was awesome!

ht1YOSl.jpg?1

Yeah 4th Doctor socks!

So, whoever has sent the awesome socks, thank you![end cross post from other thread]

Also I just got a lot of argyle socks in an array of colors?

Yes both of those are from me, it's a very socky Xmas!

Also sorry none of the socks had a note, I thought Amazon was sending them all together

YAY! I love socks and argyle!

x6gmfqG.jpg?1

So many socks!

Thank you! They're all great!

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    ... don’t say it...
    ... don’t...
    Sock it to me.
    (Dammit)

• DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    First items are on their way to **********! The last box will be shipped out in the morning!

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Are there currently issues with fedex in the US that I should be aware of? One of my packages is now showing mid-January as the estimated delivery date when earlier it was showing this week.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I am currently waiting on one package that has no tracking option so I am absolutely freaking out.

Good luck, everyone!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Are there currently issues with fedex in the US that I should be aware of? One of my packages is now showing mid-January as the estimated delivery date when earlier it was showing this week.

I don't know about FedEx specifically, but I've got 2 packages shipping from opposite sides of the country and both should have been delivered two days ago. Now it pretty much says they'll deliver them when they get around to it. There are shipping alerts because of the CA wildfires, but that shouldn't have affected either of mine. So yeah, I think there are some wide ranging shipping issues across the services.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Well I guess my gifts are going to be mysterious because I forgot to add my name! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    ‘Your package should be received December 1st’

Yesssss thiss pleasesss me.

Muzzmuzz on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »
    Psst.

Cover your shipping labels. ALL of them, and every part of them. Unless you don't care about your home address being out in the wild.

Good point, I went ahead and fixed that.

Also another package arrived today, sandwiched between the screen door and my actual door. What was within it?
    KptcF30.jpg?1

More books! They also came with some jumbled tags but I think I got them matched up to their appropriate titles so here's what Satan had to say about them:
    Goblin Emperor

Political fantasy! This book pairs well with another in my gift, as each looks at the justice (or lack thereof) in massive empires, from very opposite perspectives.
    Flex

Urban fantasy! The main character is a "bureaucromancer" who works magic through forms and contracts and if that isn't the most urban of urban fantasy I don't know what is except maybe that other urban fantasy book I sent.
    Wake of Vultures

This one isn't paired with another thematically, it's just a rad weird west fantasy about a mixed-race, bisexual, non-binary monster hunter.

Out of all of them I'd say that Flex is what's really catching my attention right now with the concept of magic as a drug to snort and what sounds like screwing with causality, but with the drawback of existence itself trying to counter-balance it to maybe-lethal effect. Combine that with the bureaucromancer concept and I'm on board before I even turned the first page. The cover design certainly helps in that regard as well.

Thanks again @Fearghaill !

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Ok seriously @Ladybug2332 this is getting ridiculous
    1d3dyvxeymdq.jpeg

I'm gonna have my Christmas body on St. Nicholas day.

(but for real: many many thanks!)

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Mmmmhmmmmm chocolate and peanut butter.

This is what happens when your wishlist is just a picture of Wilford Brimley. Lucky you got Ladybug, I would have sent a pallet of oatmeal.

• Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    Ok seriously @Ladybug2332 this is getting ridiculous
    1d3dyvxeymdq.jpeg

I'm gonna have my Christmas body on St. Nicholas day.

(but for real: many many thanks!)

As a fellow chocolate and peanut butter lover I couldn’t resist getting all the things chocolate and peanut butter 😎. Now to snack and read on your commute!

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i’ve devised a gift delivery that i can only describe as

Very Good

EzUAYcn.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Happy Hanukkah everybody!

Love you all!

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I have ANOTHER(!!!!!) package waiting for me that I'll have to pick up today.

OH JEEZ
    Wait this isn't saints!

Rainfall on
    You're correct. But we're happy for you anyway!

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I am now officially in PA. On the plane ride here I was chatting with the guy next to me, mostly about our kids and living in Vegas and I was like "well this is a pleasant trip."

Then he segued into conversation about his alcoholic ex-wife, who became "one of them Hebrews," and her not celebrating Christmas anymore was robbing them of their childhood. I said "well, I'm Jewish," and waited for the inevitable backpedal when he realized he had been talking about it with someone who is Jewish.

Which never came. Instead he said "yeah, one of them." He said he has nothing against Judaism (Ju-DAH-ism) or the Hebrews, but Christmas isn't even about all that, it's just about family and making good memories together, and without it his kids don't even believe in God anymore, and they aren't allowed to have an imagination anymore.

Instead of taking all that on, I became very interested in how much my baby needed me, thanked my lucky starts that my son with his kippah on was in a different row, and thought to myself when is this plane going to take off.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    What a dickhead

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    This... was not the correct thread. I guess instead of cross posting it I will stick to Hanukkah pictures there, since Straightzi's post made me not care anymore anyway. <3

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    On Thursday I received a second package.
    This time I was suspicious.

b055c7fa-fb09-4eae-b68c-d884c58f2b1f-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

This time I was prepared.

0a2749f5-0718-45b9-b1aa-9c30ec86d364-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

But nothing happened.

d5cedaf1-6f6d-460b-9fe5-316f49732161-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I opened the box without incident, and there were more books inside!

14f84812-874e-4607-96fb-1bd5f26cf6cf-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I immediately dug in, and began reading.

066c71f2-dbd0-45be-8318-0c7b76806935-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    4083eb86-6225-4f20-a022-da8734192d92-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    2336abea-ac5e-4a87-aa11-16d9bbeaab0f-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    eb3cc426-30c4-4cef-8c9d-303879bcae46-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

While I read, the cardboard monstrosity must have reassembled itself!

30d954ec-86f8-4894-9159-6c3de8d4600c-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It got the drop on me, but I was bigger and stronger than it.

a266e13c-a564-47ae-ae69-a89f660ca99c-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I had knocked it to the ground, I had disarmed it, but I had to act fast to make sure it stayed down. I grabbed an improvised weapon, my reading material of but a few minutes prior.

d8fdf506-43f7-4215-89b3-e4cd1effa449-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I raised it above my head.

77b65f15-2757-443b-931a-66c7bc42a06e-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    41d0031c-ba4c-4771-94ba-aeeb761067cf-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And cleanly separated the cardboard bastard's head from its body.

038f002a-4192-4140-8f22-b114e2451adc-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    That lazy ass snake pillow didn't do anything to help you.
    Just sat there and watched.

I wouldn't trust it, if I were in your place.