As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    You can make some bank off the Dark Vengence cultist just because they are the best way to get the cultist. The chosen were illegal till a recent FAQ letting you carry ccw+bolters on chosen.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Picked up that Deathmasque box. Pretty excited to build some vanguard vets and harlequins, though I don't know why the box comes with an eldar HQ instead of something harlequin-ey.

I've replaced the shoulder pads of my first DI intercessor squad with deathwatch shoulders. There was some cutting involved, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Turns out my dremel might be the best modelling tool ever. The grinder bits just melt through plastic parts.

I have a bit that's the same diameter as the small magnets I own... I'm tempted to magnetize all the arms in the Deathwatch half of the Deathmasque box so I can swap loadouts on the DW marines.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Death Masque does actually come with Harlequin HQs, Troupe Masters are on the same sprue as regular Players and look almost identical unless you make a point to put them together in a way that makes them stand out.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Well that's neat. I haven't had time to go through the sprues yet... I'm pretty excited to see how they look.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So I was thinking with trading Canis Wolfborn in for the store credit I might get a box of sector Imperialis or sector Mechanicus bases for my T'au in KT. Been meaning to give them some nice bases after I finish the paint job.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Work finally began on my DI primaris last nigjt. Out of that box, I need the captain, 5 Intercessors, the 5 Hellblasters, the Inceptors and the ancient.

Then I need to buy an Aegis Defense Line, a Redemptor Dread, and a box of Reivers. That will let me field this list once I get the majority it assembled.

List:
    ++ Fortification Network (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Imperial Fists

+ Fortification +

Aegis Defense Line
    . Gun Emplacement: Icarus Lascannon

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Relics of the Chapter (1CP)

+ HQ +

Captain in Gravis Armor: Boltstorm gauntlet, Master-crafted power sword, Storm of Fire, Warlord

Lieutenants
    . Lieutenant: Master-crafted boltgun, Power sword

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant, Stalker Bolt Rifle

Scout Squad: 5x Camo cloak
    . Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Sniper rifle
    . 4x Scout w/Sniper Rifle: 4x Sniper rifle

Tactical Squad
    . 3x Space Marine
    . Space Marine Sergeant: Boltgun/Bolt pistol
    . Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Plasma gun

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad: 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant, Plasma Exterminator

+ Flyer +

Stormtalon Gunship: Twin assault cannon, Typhoon missile launcher

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

Librarian: 3) Psychic Scourge, ???, Bolt pistol, Force stave

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad: 2x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant, Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Primaris Ancient: Standard of the Emperor Ascendant

Redemptor Dreadnought: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Reiver Squad: Bolt Carbine, Grav Chutes
    . 4x Reiver
    . Reiver Sergeant: Bolt Carbine/Heavy Bolt Pistol

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

Primaris Lieutenants
    . Primaris Lieutenant: Master-crafted auto bolt rifle

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad: Armorium Cherub
    . 2x Space Marine
    . Space Marine Sergeant: Boltgun
    . Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter
    . Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Missile launcher

Devastator Squad: Armorium Cherub
    . 2x Space Marine
    . Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword

Hellblaster Squad: Plasma incinerator
    . 4x Hellblaster
    . Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

I still don't understand that No Force Org part of the list. And if I missed any point values, let me know and I'll edit them out. I went over it twice.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    The No Force Org part is where you choose your Chapter Tactics and decide if you are going to spend CP on additional relics. I'm guessing that since it doesn't fit anywhere else, that's where all the stuff like that got thrown in all the lists (Household, Hive Fleet, etc)

Nealneal on
  • Options
    Neither the sector imperialis or mechanicus have 25mm bases for my T'au. I used the credit towards a Vindicator for my Space Wolves.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I thought there was a 32mm base sector imperialis box, and a separate box with all the 25mm bases. If not there you can get them from necromunda, they’ve got their own set of 25mm bases which are basically imperialis.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    I did see a box with 60 bases but it was all 32. I didn't see any necromunda but I'll probably order some from GW in the next month or two. I need to finish my T'au first anyway.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    don't freak out about the price, this is the aussie gw store.
    Sector Imperialis 25mm and 40mm bases

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So now that, 18 months later, I'm finally reaching the point where my Ultramarines will be painted and playable, I'm starting to think of how to actually...you know, play the list. Specifically I'm trying to decide what powers for my Primaris Librarian to take. I'm leaning toward Might of Heroes and Null Zone right now. What are people seeing Space Marine psykers play?

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    So now that, 18 months later, I'm finally reaching the point where my Ultramarines will be painted and playable, I'm starting to think of how to actually...you know, play the list. Specifically I'm trying to decide what powers for my Primaris Librarian to take. I'm leaning toward Might of Heroes and Null Zone right now. What are people seeing Space Marine psykers play?

Might of heroes and Null Zone are the meta choices. Might of Heroes is really strong on a smash captain and removing invulns is a rare and valuable ability.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Yay, I always love it when I choose the meta choices accidentally. Makes me feel smug and smart.

(I have no Smash captains in this army, but I do have a Gravis Captain and RBooty, who seem like fine Might of Heroes targets to me. Seven attacks at +1S with the Emperor's Sword seems real good).

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Yay, I always love it when I choose the meta choices accidentally. Makes me feel smug and smart.

(I have no Smash captains in this army, but I do have a Gravis Captain and RBooty, who seem like fine Might of Heroes targets to me. Seven attacks at +1S with the Emperor's Sword seems real good).

Might of Heroes is a fantastic defensive power as well. That +1 toughness goes a long way on tanks and dreads.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Good call on Dreads. My Redemptor model gets here tomorrow. He's the last really big model I have to put together and paint, then it's down to just some troops. I had to rejigger my list after the CA changes. Ended up being able to squeeze a Redemptor in there after some tweaking.

Speaking of which, Macro Plasma or Onslaught? I may magnetize depending on how hard it is, but if I can't figure out a good way to magnetize, what are people generally running on Redemptors?

• Options
    Good call on Dreads. My Redemptor model gets here tomorrow. He's the last really big model I have to put together and paint, then it's down to just some troops. I had to rejigger my list after the CA changes. Ended up being able to squeeze a Redemptor in there after some tweaking.

Speaking of which, Macro Plasma or Onslaught? I may magnetize depending on how hard it is, but if I can't figure out a good way to magnetize, what are people generally running on Redemptors?

Redemptors are big and kind of under gunned in a weird way. the Onslaught is very good verse hordes but meh verse everything else. I like the plasma cannon just because it has a str 9 overcharge but again not a lot of shots.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, my gut was the plasma incerator and then the smaller gattling cannon on his fist.

Fortunately/unfortunately I'm not building a competitive list. It's a very theme based Roboute Guilliman and His Funky Primaris Gang list. Every model, except Rbooty and my Knight, are Primaris. So Redemptor is the option I had.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Gatling cannons all the way.

The plasma cannon is terrible. Just awful. You’ll fire it, and then do 2 damage, and feel just dreadful.

Avoid.

Luckily you can just swap the main gun on the Redemptor anytime, it’s built to be interchangeable.

• Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    but that plasma cannon will look way better painted. like, super way better.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    This army has a Knight Castellin. Giant plasma weapon with a fancy paint job covered.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

You don't need to magnetize. Each gun has it's on tab that fits pretty tight into the arm.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Plasma cannon maybe if you're playing Dangles or something I guess? Or if you bought the ETB one and don't have any Assault Cannons to kitbash with.

Otherwise, Heavy Onslaught all the way. Get a crowd into range of both cannons and you'll swiss cheese them, it's beautiful.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    Matrias wrote: »

I think the onslaught cannon looks wy better

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    I think it is because both my Emperor's Children and Deathwatch armies have minimal need of more chaff clearing but have more issues with the leman russes and knights behind them. And in that case the plasma cannon is much more functional.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Hey!
    I'm planning a rather large game with my brother during Christmas. I have two armies put together - Necrons and Chaos. Can you guys take a look at what I have and recommend what to ditch?
    These are not rosters yet, it's just a list of models that I have. We'll be playing a relaxed game but still maybe some things don't make sense.
    CSM:
    Daemon Prince on foot in PA
    Terminator Lord
    10 CSM
    5 Havocs
    5 Terminators
    Great Unclean One
    10 Plague Bearers
    Land Raider
    Predator
    Vindicator
    Rhino

NECRONS:
    Overlord
    Cryptek
    Monolith
    20 Warriors
    5 Immortals
    5 Praetorians
    3 Destroyers
    3 Wraiths
    3 Tomb Blades
    Night Scythe
    Triarch Stalker
    Tomb Spyder

• Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    Matrias wrote: »

I think the onslaught cannon looks wy better

now we have to fight

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    So is anyone grabbing a noise marine tomorrow and what is the expected cost?

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »
    Hey!
    I'm planning a rather large game with my brother during Christmas. I have two armies put together - Necrons and Chaos. Can you guys take a look at what I have and recommend what to ditch?
    These are not rosters yet, it's just a list of models that I have. We'll be playing a relaxed game but still maybe some things don't make sense.

NECRONS:
    Overlord
    Cryptek
    Monolith
    20 Warriors
    5 Immortals
    5 Praetorians
    3 Destroyers
    3 Wraiths
    3 Tomb Blades
    Night Scythe
    Triarch Stalker
    Tomb Spyder

How many points is the game?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I think we should limit it to around 2k... That is already a rather large game by my standards.
    I'll sit down and count the points exactly to give you a better idea on what can be shaved off.

Mayday on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »
    I think we should limit it to around 2k... That is already a rather large game by my standards.
    I'll sit down and count the points exactly to give you a better idea on what can be shaved off.

Amusingly, due to the points drop in CA, all of that is approximately 1622 points. It'll vary based on Wargear, and you could proxy the Night Scythe as a Doom Scythe, but.... :)

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    The CA changes are why this Ultramarines army has a Redemptor now. You got me GW, you got me to buy more models. You win.

• Options
    Oh I have the death Ray for a doom scythe, no problem. Yeah, I still have no idea what the new costs are.

• Options
    My Redemptor got here today. I ran down to my LGS to grab CA 2018. Noticed they made a new paint handle XL, and one with alligator clips....fine, have some more money GW. Bastards.

(I also grabbed some of the blue and green technical paints for when I eventually paint my Age of Sigmar models from Soul Wars)

• Options
    My Redemptor got here today. I ran down to my LGS to grab CA 2018. Noticed they made a new paint handle XL, and one with alligator clips....fine, have some more money GW. Bastards.

(I also grabbed some of the blue and green technical paints for when I eventually paint my Age of Sigmar models from Soul Wars)

I use the green one for screens and lenses. It works really well.

Also my repulsor came in today. That is a big kit. Also holy shit am I going to have to figure out how to magnetize it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I'm wondering if the Onslaught gatling and the Icarus rocket pod justify buying the more expensive Redemptor. I could save $25 bucks by ignoring those two things and having a more static looking model

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Rotary cannons and missile pods are both widely available on eBay bits sites.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Hey, if a mixed squad of 5 Deathwatch Vanguard Veterans and 5 Veterans split into combat squads, does the squad composed of 5 Veterans still get to fall back and shoot as if they had FLY?

Similar question, but for Bikers and charging with Veterans who are in the same kill team but not the same combat squad?

This is my list.
    ++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [40 PL, 570pts] ++

+ HQ +

Brother-Captain [9 PL, 131pts]: 4: First to the Fray, Astral Aim, Nemesis Daemon Hammer, Psilencer, Warlord

+ Elites +

Apothecary [5 PL, 75pts]: Nemesis Force Halberd, Sanctuary

Paladin Ancient [7 PL, 106pts]: Banner of Refining Flame, Hammerhand
    . Psilencer: Psilencer (Terminator)

Paladin Squad [19 PL, 258pts]: Vortex of Doom
    . 4x Paladin (Halberd): 4x Storm Bolter
    . Paragon: Nemesis Daemon Hammer, Storm Bolter

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Deathwatch) [53 PL, 822pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Reference: SIA Weapon Profiles

+ HQ +

Primaris Librarian [7 PL, 101pts]: 2) Might of Heroes, 6) Null Zone, Force sword

Watch Captain in Terminator Armor [7 PL, 108pts]: Relic blade, Storm Bolter

+ Troops +

Intercessors [5 PL, 98pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher
    . Intercessor: Auto Bolt Rifle
    . Intercessor Sergeant: Bolt rifle, Power sword

Veterans [19 PL, 293pts]
    . Vanguard Veteran: Lightning Claw (Pair)
    . Vanguard Veteran: Storm shield, Thunder hammer
    . Vanguard Veteran: Power sword, Storm shield
    . Vanguard Veteran: Hand Flamer, Power axe
    . Veteran: Bolt Pistol, Stalker Pattern Boltgun
    . Veteran w/ Heavy Weapon: Infernus Heavy Bolter
    . Veteran w/ Heavy Weapon: Deathwatch Frag Cannon
    . Watch Sergeant: Storm shield, Xenophase Blade

Veterans [15 PL, 222pts]
    . Biker: Bolt Pistol, Twin boltgun
    . Biker: Chainsword, Twin boltgun
    . Veteran: Heavy Thunder Hammer
    . Veteran: Bolt Pistol, Power sword
    . Veteran: Bolt Pistol, Power maul

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [33 PL, 608pts] ++

+ HQ +

Shield-Captain [7 PL, 118pts]: Castellan Axe, Misericordia

+ Elites +

Custodian Wardens [10 PL, 183pts]
    . Warden: Castellan Axe, Misericordia

Venerable Contemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 159pts]: Combi-bolter, Dreadnought Combat Weapon, Multi-Melta

Vexillus Praetor [6 PL, 148pts]: Castellan Axe, Misericordia, Vexilla Imperius

++ Total: [126 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Elaro wrote: »
    Hey, if a mixed squad of 5 Deathwatch Vanguard Veterans and 5 Veterans split into combat squads, does the squad composed of 5 Veterans still get to fall back and shoot as if they had FLY?

Similar question, but for Bikers and charging with Veterans who are in the same kill team but not the same combat squad?

This is my list.
    ++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [40 PL, 570pts] ++

+ HQ +

Brother-Captain [9 PL, 131pts]: 4: First to the Fray, Astral Aim, Nemesis Daemon Hammer, Psilencer, Warlord

+ Elites +

Apothecary [5 PL, 75pts]: Nemesis Force Halberd, Sanctuary

Paladin Ancient [7 PL, 106pts]: Banner of Refining Flame, Hammerhand
    . Psilencer: Psilencer (Terminator)

Paladin Squad [19 PL, 258pts]: Vortex of Doom
    . 4x Paladin (Halberd): 4x Storm Bolter
    . Paragon: Nemesis Daemon Hammer, Storm Bolter

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Deathwatch) [53 PL, 822pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Reference: SIA Weapon Profiles

+ HQ +

Primaris Librarian [7 PL, 101pts]: 2) Might of Heroes, 6) Null Zone, Force sword

Watch Captain in Terminator Armor [7 PL, 108pts]: Relic blade, Storm Bolter

+ Troops +

Intercessors [5 PL, 98pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher
    . Intercessor Sergeant: Bolt rifle, Power sword

Veterans [19 PL, 293pts]
    . Vanguard Veteran: Lightning Claw (Pair)
    . Vanguard Veteran: Power sword, Storm shield
    . Vanguard Veteran: Hand Flamer, Power axe
    . Veteran: Bolt Pistol, Stalker Pattern Boltgun
    . Veteran w/ Heavy Weapon: Deathwatch Frag Cannon

Veterans [15 PL, 222pts]
    . Biker: Chainsword, Twin boltgun
    . Veteran: Bolt Pistol, Power sword
    . Veteran: Bolt Pistol, Power maul

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [33 PL, 608pts] ++

+ HQ +

Shield-Captain [7 PL, 118pts]: Castellan Axe, Misericordia

+ Elites +

Custodian Wardens [10 PL, 183pts]

Venerable Contemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 159pts]: Combi-bolter, Dreadnought Combat Weapon, Multi-Melta

Vexillus Praetor [6 PL, 148pts]: Castellan Axe, Misericordia, Vexilla Imperius

++ Total: [126 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

So with rules as written "A unit that contains Terminators/Bikers/Vanguard veterans..." can do their special ability. When you combat squad you produce two different squads. So if you combat squad a vet squad that is 5 normal vets and a fast squad with 2 bikes and two vanguards the vet squad cannot do any of the fall back shenanigans but the bike/vanguard squad can.

Combat squad states, "You can split a squad that contains 10 members or 6 for bikes/inceptors/aggressors before the game starts into two units." At that point the above would be in effect and you would have two units and unless you have say a vanguard vet in that vet squad it can't fall back and shoot.

Edit:

What does happen though is those vanguard vets/bikers become come troops and do gain objective secured even if combat squaded.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Badablack wrote: »
    Rotary cannons and missile pods are both widely available on eBay bits sites.

I was happy to hear this, but after intensive googling, I can only find one Onslaught cannon for $7 on eBay. And it's from Australia. I might as well go ahead and buy the better model and try to make some cool poses.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.