As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Wow taking those stupid tracks off makes them look much better, what are those legs from?

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    AoS Khorne dudes, looks like. Maybe the whole body?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    AoS Khorne dudes, looks like. Maybe the whole body?

It's a Slaughterpriest body, and that's a really nice conversion.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    It's the slaughterpriest from the white dwarf. I only replaced the head and lower arms and added some bitz and cut off the khorne symbols. AoS has some prime conversion fodder for 40k.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    City Fight 5 A New Beginning aka Urban Conquest comes out next week
    s91wu6te5og0.png

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    How does ebay work as far as profits? I still have Brother Captain Thassarius on sprue it looks like he sells for about $45 on ebay and I've been thinking about selling him.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Cityfight looks pretty interesting as a testbed for 9th ed - anyone given it a go yet?

Biggest thing is that you get kill teams -1 to hit for being obscured by anything, and a +1 save for light cover (wooden objects you're hiding behind), +2 for hard cover (solid brick objectives you're hiding behind). Shooting from 3" higher gets you an extra -1AP.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Played a 2k point game with my Deathwatch verse a mono-Slaanesh daemons. Which I feel kind of bad because DW is specifically very good verse specific types of armies. Anything that isn't vehicle heavy and is troop heavy is going to have a rough day verse me. He also uses the Exalted Keeper because he loves the model and my army wasn't a competitive list. My list:
    ​​

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Deathwatch) [85 PL, 1480pts] ++

+ HQ +

Watch Captain [5 PL, 99pts]: Combi-melta, Relic blade, The Beacon Angelis

Watch Master [7 PL, 130pts]: Warlord, Watch Eternal

+ Troops +

Intercessors [15 PL, 255pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher
    . Hellblaster: Plasma incinerator
    . Intercessor: Bolt rifle
    . Intercessor Sergeant: Bolt rifle

Intercessors [5 PL, 90pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher
    . Intercessor Sergeant: Bolt rifle

Veterans [20 PL, 280pts]
    . Terminator
    . . Power Fist and Stormbolter: Power fist, Storm Bolter
    . Vanguard Veteran: Bolt Pistol And Chainsword
    . Veteran: Boltgun, Storm shield
    . Veteran: Boltgun, Storm shield
    . Veteran: Heavy Thunder Hammer
    . Veteran: Chainsword, Deathwatch Shotgun
    . Veteran: Chainsword, Deathwatch Shotgun
    . Veteran w/ Heavy Weapon: Deathwatch Frag Cannon
    . Veteran w/ Heavy Weapon: Deathwatch Frag Cannon
    . Watch Sergeant: Combi-melta, Xenophase Blade

+ Flyer +

Corvus Blackstar [12 PL, 232pts]: Auspex Array, Hurricane bolter, Twin lascannon
    . 2x Stormstrike Missile Launchers: 2x Stormstrike missile launcher

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback [5 PL, 116pts]: Storm Bolter, Twin assault cannon

Repulsor [16 PL, 278pts]: Icarus Rocket Pod, Ironhail Heavy Stubber, 2x Krakstorm Grenade-launcher, Las-talon, Twin heavy bolter
    . 2x Fragstorm Grenade launchers: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers
    . 2x Fragstorm Grenade launchers: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Deathwatch) [38 PL, 506pts] ++

+ HQ +

Primaris Librarian [7 PL, 101pts]: Force sword

+ Elites +

Primaris Apothecary [4 PL, 68pts]

Vanguard Veterans [19 PL, 185pts]: Melta bombs
    . Deathwatch Vanguard Sergeant: Power axe, Storm shield
    . Vanguard Veteran: Heavy Thunder Hammer
    . Vanguard Veteran: Power sword, Storm shield
    . Vanguard Veteran: Chainsword, Plasma pistol
    . Vanguard Veteran: Plasma pistol, Power sword
    . Vanguard Veteran: Bolt Pistol, Power sword
    . Vanguard Veteran: Bolt Pistol And Chainsword

Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 152pts]: Twin lascannon
    . Dreadnought combat weapon w/Storm Bolter: Storm bolter

++ Total: [123 PL, 1986pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Game went three turns before we called it. Turn 1 he goes first and advances everything to get near me. Wiffs on 4 of his 7 psychic powers. The two smites he gets off do 1 mortal wound. In total he did 5 mortal wounds to my Blackstar and I used armor of contempt on it ignoring 2 of them. He wiffs on every single charge. In the charges took a bunch of overwatch fire (watchmaster+lots of rapid fire damage).

My turn I kill his fiends, the exalted keeper, a normal keeper, 30 daemonettes.

After that it was clean up. He killed my vet squad in close combat but they killed 17 daemonettes in overwatch alone and smashed a herald with their hammer.

In the end he was down to about 30 daemonettes after putting like a 100 on the board. I felt kind of bad. Mono-Slaanesh just is in a terrible place right now.

Also daemons are on the list with tyranids where everything I have in my army works well against them. Wounding an entire army on 2s is just crazy good. Especially abusing my tome per turn and the +1 to wound.

The Repulsor did pretty damn good, again this army was made for it. Lots of T3 things to just clear out.

Also since I am getting more and more painted, man DW looks good on the table.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Wiffed his charges turn one with slaneesh? Ouch, how bad were there rolls seeing as he should be basically right up on you.

• Options
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Wiffed his charges turn one with slaneesh? Ouch, how bad were there rolls seeing as he should be basically right up on you.

With good deployment I was able to make them mostly 8-9" charges. He was rolling a like of 3-4s on his 2d6.

Since we were playing the new missions I was able to deploy my whole army after he deployed. It really hurts hist type of army.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    How does ebay work as far as profits? I still have Brother Captain Thassarius on sprue it looks like he sells for about $45 on ebay and I've been thinking about selling him.

Ebay assigns a couple of small (on the order of $2 or so) insertion fees for listing your item, which are then charged to you plus 10% of the item's final sale price. There's some additional minor charges for shipping. There's sometimes discounts or deals on all this (I sold an item during a half-final fee offer, which was nice), but you can expect to be out 10-15% of whatever your final sale price plus shipping charge is.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I don’t know if it’s because of some sort of preferred seller thing but I don’t recall ever paying to list items, unless you’re doing hundreds at a time.
    eBay will get its 10% though, and PayPal will get around 5%.

Always take advantage of ebay’s Shipping program, it saves money. Make sure to use the right weight and size of the package though, if you don’t put enough towards shipping the post office will send the remainder to eBay to bill you later.

Badablack on
    FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I played my first game of 40k today. 1000 points.

Didn't have a very good time to be honest.

I'm basically just running with the start collecting plus battleforce boxes, a very beginner-level list that's essentially a battalion and a couple heavies. Opponent brought a Guard list that was basically just seven Leman Russ tanks.

I was blown away before I could do anything. I lost the game before it even began. It was pretty frustrating.

Also the turn/activation structure is straight-up bad game design, I am starting to suspect. Standing there while your opponent just fires gun after gun after gun at you with no ability to really interact with the board is incredibly unfun. Especially compared to the other wargame I have played, Star Wars Legion, where there's tons of interesting decision and tactics based around the order and way units are activated. Kill Team handles this a lot better, too.

Have a second game coming up late in the week. Gonna have to remind my opponent that I am not anywhere close to having an optimized list.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular

I sold mine for $30 on FB Marketplace.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

Your opponent shouldn't have brought a parking lot guard list against someone who was playing their first game. They're pretty brutal even against armies that are specifically optimized against them. They probably valued an easy win over the odds of turning a new player off of the hobby, which is shitty.

Most people get curbstomped for their first game though. Mine was basically a Start Collecting box of Space Marines against a small GSC/Genestealer force specifically in a "learning" game and I still got my ass handed to me.

Keep at it, find some decent opponents who are willing to teach you the game without steamrolling you, and you'll do fine. What army did you bring, anyway?

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular

I'm basically just running with the start collecting plus battleforce boxes, a very beginner-level list that's essentially a battalion and a couple heavies. Opponent brought a Guard list that was basically just seven Leman Russ tanks.

I was blown away before I could do anything. I lost the game before it even began. It was pretty frustrating.

Also the turn/activation structure is straight-up bad game design, I am starting to suspect. Standing there while your opponent just fires gun after gun after gun at you with no ability to really interact with the board is incredibly unfun. Especially compared to the other wargame I have played, Star Wars Legion, where there's tons of interesting decision and tactics based around the order and way units are activated. Kill Team handles this a lot better, too.

Have a second game coming up late in the week. Gonna have to remind my opponent that I am not anywhere close to having an optimized list.

Turn orders can definitely suck as you watch a chunk of your army get evaporated without any chance of retaliation.

The biggest problem I see though is who uses 7 leman russ tanks in a 1000 point game? That is just kind of screwed up, especially if this person knew you didn't have an optimized list. Kind of rude.
    Badablack wrote: »
    I don’t know if it’s because of some sort of preferred seller thing but I don’t recall ever paying to list items, unless you’re doing hundreds at a time.
    eBay will get its 10% though, and PayPal will get around 5%.

Always take advantage of ebay’s Shipping program, it saves money. Make sure to use the right weight and size of the package though, if you don’t put enough towards shipping the post office will send the remainder to eBay to bill you later.

Should I go to the post office and get it weight and setup and such so I know the exact weight?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Yeah that dude is just kind of a dick bringing that many Russes to a learning game.

Things that make 40k in 8th way better.

1)Your board needs a lot of terrain. I would say 50% of the board should be terrain at least. Really more is better and large chunks need to be block line of sight. This will save your army a lot.

2)One of the things you can do if you go second is a 2 cp stratagem to make everything you have in cover. That gives you a +1 to your armor save including vehicles.

Don't worry about losing your first games. Especially verse 7 tanks. You will learn a lot playing the game and how to move and deploy your army.

I recommend if you can try playing the missions out of Chapter Approved 2018. They are much more balanced than the old ones and would be better to play. Also when building your list makes sure you are using the new point values not the ones in the book, unless you bought the electronic version. This means you might have been under pointed.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Never let a person bringing a guard army set up terrain.

• Options
    Never let a person bringing a guard army set up terrain.

Well when you have toys like webway portal and other fun things I would let them feel they rule the field for that first turn

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    This is shaping up to be one hell of a fan animation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMGRa4_UjE4

I love how minimalist and grounded it is. Does a real good job of capturing that ever elusive "space marine feel"

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Playing first game of the year today: my Death Guard against Eldar.

Typh and Morty

HQ

Typhus
    -Psychic Powers: Blade of Putrefaction, Putrescent Vitality

Daemon Prince with Wings
    -Wargear: Malefic Talons (Two Sets), Suppurating Plate
    -Psychic Power: Plague Wind

Troops

Plague Marines x20
    -Twin Plague Knives x7
    -Bubotic Axes x11
    -Mace of Contagion + Bubotic Axe x2

Poxwalkers x20
    Poxwalkers x10

Fast Attack

Foetid Bloat Drone x2
    -Plaguespitter
    -Plague Probe

Heavy Support

Plagueburst Crawler x2
    -Heavy Slugger
    -Plaguespitters

Lord of War

Mortarion
    -Psychic Power: Miasma of Pestilence, Gifts of Contagion, Curse of the Leper

How do you feel the close combat Plague Marines are working out for you?

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Should I go to the post office and get it weight and setup and such so I know the exact weight?

If it's convenient for you, sure. IIRC, you're in the U.S. right? He should fit in a small Priority Mail flat rate box, which simplifies the whole shipping cost thing.
    McGibs wrote: »
    I love how minimalist and grounded it is. Does a real good job of capturing that ever elusive "space marine feel"

That's part 3? Where's 1 & 2? :biggrin:

Whoever the person/people working on this are, they have an incredible eye for blocking, composition, and action.

Like that plasma gun shot - just awesome.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options

If it's convenient for you, sure. IIRC, you're in the U.S. right? He should fit in a small Priority Mail flat rate box, which simplifies the whole shipping cost thing.

That's part 3? Where's 1 & 2? :biggrin:

Whoever the person/people working on this are, they have an incredible eye for blocking, composition, and action.

Like that plasma gun shot - just awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-MteECxZUY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfGPMJ8A0QY

I thought by the helms in video 1 it was some 4chan angry marine BS again

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    That second video made me realize how badly I want a 40k space fighter sim

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I know people have mentioned it but bringing seven leman russes to someone’s first game is a huge penis move.

You see this a lot in tabletop games, not just 40k, where people fucking blow alway new players. Hell Warmachine went from no-premeasuring to allowing it in an edition change specifically to prevent people getting first turn kills on new players. Why? Congratulations you won the game, but you cost your community a player meaning you miss out on god knows how many future games. Real smart.

Thread regulars know I play competitively a lot so I take the time to find out what type of game my opponents want to play. If someone wants to bring a fluffy list, I’m not going to drop a tournament list against them because it’s just not fun for either of us really.

It’s especially bad at GW stores becauses there’s a good chance at least one of the players is an actual child.

It’s a minority, but I guarantee that every community has the one guy who does this. Normally they suck at the game so maybe that’s why? This has gotten a bit ranty because it really riled me up people doing this.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2019
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Playing first game of the year today: my Death Guard against Eldar.

Typh and Morty

HQ

Typhus
    -Psychic Powers: Blade of Putrefaction, Putrescent Vitality

Daemon Prince with Wings
    -Wargear: Malefic Talons (Two Sets), Suppurating Plate
    -Psychic Power: Plague Wind

Troops

Plague Marines x20
    -Twin Plague Knives x7
    -Bubotic Axes x11
    -Mace of Contagion + Bubotic Axe x2

Poxwalkers x20
    Poxwalkers x10

Fast Attack

Foetid Bloat Drone x2
    -Plaguespitter
    -Plague Probe

Heavy Support

Plagueburst Crawler x2
    -Heavy Slugger
    -Plaguespitters

Lord of War

Mortarion
    -Psychic Power: Miasma of Pestilence, Gifts of Contagion, Curse of the Leper

How do you feel the close combat Plague Marines are working out for you?

The only way to run them, IMO. It's definitely an investment, and the list is built around them but they've always made back their points - in this most recent game they did some serious damage to a Wraithknight and killed two Wraithlords.

Basic setup here is to run the unit of 20 Poxwalkers in front of them and Typhus in the back. As you advance you have to run Cloud of Flies to force your opponent to target the Poxwalkers. Typhus should be close enough to buff them and, with Putrescent and Vitality, they are now very difficult to kill. By turn 3, they should guarantee have a target.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    God damn, every ticket for all four heats of the Warhammer World GT sold out in about four hours :bigfrown:

• Options
    The new Start Collecting prices have leaked and about half the boxes (AoS and 40k) are going up to 60 pounds, 3 are at 50, and the rest is at 55 pounds.

I think at the moment they're all at 50?

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I'm still reading thru the first few Horus Heresy novels, and I just finished Fallen Angels. I'm confused by the ending.
    Does this mean that Zahariel has been taken over by the demon that was bound inside Caliban? And the Terran sorcerors were trying to send the demon back to the warp? Not bring it forth to unleash it? If that's the case, why would they do that? And does this get continued anywhere at all where these questions might get answered?

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Yeah that dude is just kind of a dick bringing that many Russes to a learning game.
    The above can't be repeated enough, @LockedOnTarget . The Guard player was a dick for bringing that many tanks in a 1000 point game against a Start Collecting! army. Wow, that's ballsy.

What Mazzyx said as well also is true..
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    1)Your board needs a lot of terrain. I would say 50% of the board should be terrain at least. Really more is better and large chunks need to be block line of sight. This will save your army a lot.

2)2)One of the things you can do if you go second is a 2 cp stratagem to make everything you have in cover. That gives you a +1 to your armor save including vehicles.

The GW store near me doesn't have enough terrain. It cost me a bit, but my table at home can be set up as a Desert with a ton of LoS blocking terrain or as a city with a TON of LoS terrain. If you play on what my friends affectionately call "Planet Bowling Ball" where there's none or hardly any, it warps the game.

The second point Mazzyx made is also true. I dunno how others here feel, and I'd be curious to know, but the 2 CP stratagem feels like it has helped me out immensely in games. It might be mental, and I'm very sad it doesn't help my poor Monolith, but otherwise, it's nice. That + the new deployment rules, I don't actually mind going second.

Granted, I use Necron and Death Guard, so :).

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    The new Start Collecting prices have leaked and about half the boxes (AoS and 40k) are going up to 60 pounds, 3 are at 50, and the rest is at 55 pounds.

Yo, got a link for that?

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Mayday wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »

Yo, got a link for that?

From the hellscapes:
    https://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/at/at2/2019/1/7/fade3b64299b222ed02ede298bda9850_71077.jpg

edit:
    Kroot Killteam rules are meh. No custumisation options at all and the low point costs of carnivores and hounds (that are also limited to 4) means that every team will look really similar. Take an Ox (limited to 1), take 12 Carnivores and hounds. Or take 16 and no Ox but you really need the Ox.

The Krootox as a heavy specialist is kinda fun though because because it always advances 6" giving you basically 13" movement with a nice heavy weapon.

honovere on
  • Options
    The Kroot team could work better in this Kill Team arena thing where it’s much more close range focused.

• Options
    The Kroot team could work better in this Kill Team arena thing where it’s much more close range focused.

Which is why I am getting it

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    src03cnf11vk.jpeg

My dark angels took on some Genestealers in my escalation league. I ended up dying in melee mosh pit by the end but I'm learning how to deploy and move more intelligently every week. I did a lot more damage and stalled a bunch of charges this time around

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    My dark angels took on some Genestealers in my escalation league. I ended up dying in melee mosh pit by the end but I'm learning how to deploy and move more intelligently every week. I did a lot more damage and stalled a bunch of charges this time around
    Awesome / I love battle pictures.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Hey all, I went radio silence for a bit (moving, playing lots of WM/H) but the 40k bug is creeping back in. Especially with the Vigilus book out, I'm looking hard to making my (semi competitive) wraith focused Ynnari soup work better.
    ++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Ynnari) [84 PL, 1559pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Craftworld Attribute: Ynnari

+ HQ +

Jain Zar [7 PL, 115pts]

Spiritseer [3 PL, 65pts]: 4. Protect/Jinx, Shuriken Pistol

The Yncarne [17 PL, 337pts]: Gaze of Ynnead, Word of the Phoenix, Ynnari Warlord

+ Troops +

Rangers [3 PL, 60pts]: 5x Ranger

+ Elites +

Wraithguard [20 PL, 430pts]: D-scythe, 10x Wraithguard

+ Heavy Support +

Support Weapons [9 PL, 111pts]
    . Support Weapon: Shadow Weaver

Support Weapons [9 PL, 111pts]

+ Flyer +

Hemlock Wraithfighter [10 PL, 210pts]: 4. Protect/Jinx, Spirit Stones

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Harlequins) [19 PL, 431pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Masque Form: The Soaring Spite: Serpent's Blood

+ HQ +

Shadowseer [7 PL, 125pts]: Shards of Light, Shuriken Pistol, Twilight Pathways

+ Fast Attack +

Skyweavers [4 PL, 102pts]
    . Skyweaver: Haywire Cannon, Zephyrglaive

++ Total: [103 PL, 1990pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

So a couple of ideas/points. Spending 2 CP off the bat to give wraith detachment and falchons wing relic to the spiritseer.

The idea is to have the characters all start surrounded by the wraithguard blob. The two things that make this better now then before are the ability to give them a 4+ (buffable to 3+) invuln annnnnd a 6+ FNP from the Yncarne (who can finally start on the board).

Each of the characters are pretty fast and have no problem advancing each turn, which is good because the wraithguard can (with Word of the Pheonix and 1 CP) move 22" and still shoot.

Everything else is pretty straightforward, with one big exception. The list started with a farseer skyrunner, but I got crazy and cut her for Jain Zar. I figure the shadowseer does about the same offensive output, but does lose me doom (though oddly, I didn't really cast doom too often). Jain gives me a really good chance of getting charges into combat and shuts off overwatch for the Yncarne to charge in. Disarm also helps keep the Yncarne alive by knocking down really nasty CC weapons.

What do ya'll think overall?

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    hey, I think I should post about this unofficial 40k movie- FUCK! you guys beat me to it!

Its so fucking good.

about about the 1minute mark there is a dude trying desperately to put a limpet mine on one of the astartes.... he got closer than anyone so far.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    hey, I think I should post about this unofficial 40k movie- FUCK! you guys beat me to it!

Its so fucking good.

about about the 1minute mark there is a dude trying desperately to put a limpet mine on one of the astartes.... he got closer than anyone so far.

Only because they let him.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Autocannon team had the right idea, but poor BS. Multilaser woulda' had 'im if the crew held fire for another second and the marine was deeper into the hallway.

website_header.jpg
This discussion has been closed.