As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I'd assume yes.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Browsing around the internet I can't seem to find clarification on a rule... If a deathwatch warlord uses a beacon of angelis to teleport an intercessor squad containing aggressors to his position, do the aggressors count as having moved for the purposes of firing twice?

Yes. All deep strike and redeploy abilities count as moving.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Well that's good to know in that I won't unintentionally cheat. It would have been fun to dump some double shooting aggressors in range though

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Bought a C'tan Deceiver from the GW site. Resisted buying the original cryptek and overlord model.

I'm gonna wash my Nightbringer in acetone since I have a pewter one, I want to remove the crusty old super glue.

I think I'm going to paint my Deceiver, Nightbringer, and C'tan shard using my color shift paints. They seem perfect for it.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Need some Tau empire help for a friend because viable drone and crisis suit loadout eludes me.

Can any post some generic lists for me so I can get some ideas?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Need some Tau empire help for a friend because viable drone and crisis suit loadout eludes me.

Can any post some generic lists for me so I can get some ideas?

I will see what I can find. I am still not sure I have played Tau in 8th.

But from what I remember:

Drones should be shield drones. A good amount. Abuse their ability to take wounds. For loadouts I thought it was all fusion blasters but I am not sure on that anymore.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    What is the preferred army building software? I think I have enough Dark Angels now that I might be able to play an actual game.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    This is all from reading up on Tau to start in an upcoming slow grow league but IMHO:

All drones can take wounds, not just shield drones. Shield drones are better at it since they may survive on a 5+ FNP but IMO you need markerlights from somewhere, might as well take a lot of marker drones and get some use out of them before they soak a lascannon. If you suspect the opponent will try to kill them before shooting the Riptide the solution to both is hiding them out of line of sight, I don't think the shield drones would be meaningfully more survivable to the kind of shooting that'd go their way.

The only good loadout for Crisis Suits is spamming Cyclic Ion Blasters, it's overall the best weapon and while the new point reductions makes e.g. Burst Cannon spam much more points efficient compared to other units, you still have a ton of sources of Str 5 shooting, I feel like I'd rather have Stealth Suits or Firewarriors handle that role. The only problem is that Cyclic Ion Blasters are hard to find, they only come with the Commander kit, and even then only one. If you want 3 per Crisis Suit you'll probably need to find a 3rd party caster or kitbash them yourself.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    What is the preferred army building software? I think I have enough Dark Angels now that I might be able to play an actual game.

Battlescribe. It's a bit janky but the best available.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    From warcom: February 4th paint prices are going up by 20 pence, start collecting boxes are getting more expensive, too.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Suits are CIB or nothing. Every other weapon had a more viable option in the codex. CIB are incredibly strong though.
    Drones are shield drones 90% of the time.

Don’t bother with markerlight drones. They cost far too many points. Your should have fireblades and firesight marksmen to apply markerlights and bring 1-2 units of pathfinders to bring volume. The characters are your main source of lights.

Reminder that shield drones are significantly more survivable than other drone types. Getting 1/3rd more drones than you pay for is a huge boon when your bringing them specifically to survive as long as possible. They also have that 4++ when shot themselves.

Worth pointing out CIBs for suits if for suit teams, commanders have a couple of loadouts with coldstars quad fusion (not as strong as it used to be with 3++ bring the standard for knights) or enforcers with quad CIBs.

Edit: As an example I’m taking this list to a tournament this weekend.
    ++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (T'au Empire) [81 PL, 1475pts] ++

+ HQ +

Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: Markerlight

Commander Shadowsun [9 PL, 110pts]

+ Troops +

Strike Team [2 PL, 35pts]
    . Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
    . 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team [2 PL, 38pts]
    . Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse rifle

Strike Team [2 PL, 38pts]
    . Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse rifle

+ Elites +

XV104 Riptide Battlesuit [14 PL, 278pts]: 2x Smart missile system, Advanced targeting system, Heavy burst cannon, Velocity tracker

XV104 Riptide Battlesuit [14 PL, 278pts]: 2x Smart missile system, Advanced targeting system, Heavy burst cannon, Velocity tracker

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [12 PL, 243pts]
    . Crisis Shas'ui: 3x Cyclic ion blaster
    . Crisis Shas'ui: 3x Cyclic ion blaster
    . Crisis Shas'vre: 3x Cyclic ion blaster

+ Heavy Support +

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits [24 PL, 413pts]: 5x MV4 Shield Drone
    . Broadside Shas'ui: 2x High-yield missile pod, 2x Smart missile system, Advanced targeting system
    . Broadside Shas'ui: 2x High-yield missile pod, 2x Smart missile system, Advanced targeting system
    . Broadside Shas'vre: 2x High-yield missile pod, 2x Smart missile system, Advanced targeting system

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (T'au Empire) [10 PL, 192pts] ++

+ HQ +

Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: 2. Through Unity, Devastation, Markerlight, Puretide engram neurochip, Warlord

Ethereal [2 PL, 45pts]: Honour blade

+ Troops +

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [18 PL, 333pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander in XV85 Enforcer Battlesuit [7 PL, 148pts]: 4x Cyclic ion blaster

+ Elites +

Firesight Marksman [1 PL, 25pts]: Markerlight, Pulse pistol

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team [3 PL, 40pts]
    . 4x Pathfinder: 4x Markerlight
    . Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight

Pathfinder Team [3 PL, 40pts]
    . 4x Pathfinder: 4x Markerlight
    . Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight

Tactical Drones [4 PL, 80pts]: 8x MV4 Shield Drone

++ Total: [109 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Norgoth on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the response. I'll look into it

• Options
    If I ever expand into another army, Tau is seriously a front runner

Their models look so cool... they fill a weird aesthetic niche in the warhammer line.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I feel the same about Mechanicus.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Does the Rhino have the piece that let's it be a Razorback, just not the turret sprue itself?

Like, if I have a Rhino I haven't opened, and I order a FW turret, would that work?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Does the Rhino have the piece that let's it be a Razorback, just not the turret sprue itself?

Like, if I have a Rhino I haven't opened, and I order a FW turret, would that work?

Yes and yes.

• Options

Yes and yes.

Specifically it’s just the part that’s the top hatch, you can just leave it unglued and swap it between a normal rhino and razorback as needed.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    It’s worth assembling your rhinos with magnets on the side doors though, in case you ever want to run it as a predator with sponsons.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    The KT reveal is awesome. Arena sounds cool and I like what it is adding. I bought the Rogue Trader map, terrain, and rules last night on ebay for $35 because I wanted ship terrain so arena sounds perfect.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2019
    Playing first game of the year today: my Death Guard against Eldar.

Typh and Morty

HQ

Typhus
    -Psychic Powers: Blade of Putrefaction, Putrescent Vitality

Daemon Prince with Wings
    -Wargear: Malefic Talons (Two Sets), Suppurating Plate
    -Psychic Power: Plague Wind

Troops

Plague Marines x20
    -Twin Plague Knives x7
    -Bubotic Axes x11
    -Mace of Contagion + Bubotic Axe x2

Poxwalkers x20
    Poxwalkers x10

Fast Attack

Foetid Bloat Drone x2
    -Plaguespitter
    -Plague Probe

Heavy Support

Plagueburst Crawler x2
    -Heavy Slugger
    -Plaguespitters

Lord of War

Mortarion
    -Psychic Power: Miasma of Pestilence, Gifts of Contagion, Curse of the Leper

Vanguard on
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So they've revealed this model, without saying who/what it is, apart from:
    The Imperium is in for some very dark days indeed

jtnp64cr1552.jpg

SharpyVII on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    FUUUuUUUUUCK!!!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    The KT reveal is awesome. Arena sounds cool and I like what it is adding. I bought the Rogue Trader map, terrain, and rules last night on ebay for $35 because I wanted ship terrain so arena sounds perfect.

I would like more ship boards or as a discussion my brother and I had it would be awesome to do a VBSS thing on a tyranid ship as a kill team

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    A local GW manager I talked to over the holidays put his money on a big Chaos Space Marine release, if that means anything.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    A local GW manager I talked to over the holidays put his money on a big Chaos Space Marine release, if that means anything.

They have been teasing it for a bit. Still hoping for a big Slaanesh release because that would cover both AoS and 40k and been teased in both.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    's too scaaary

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    's too seeexy

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    jtnp64cr1552.jpg

Now that is what a Chaos Marine sorcerer should look like.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

I would like more ship boards or as a discussion my brother and I had it would be awesome to do a VBSS thing on a tyranid ship as a kill team

Hit up google and look for Tyranid Attack and/or Advanced Space Crusade.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »

jtnp64cr1552.jpg

"Guys, I think we need to have a talk about the chaplain."

• Options
    edited January 2019

Hit up google and look for Tyranid Attack and/or Advanced Space Crusade.

I have tyranid attack but the tyranids were stolen from it long ago

Brainleech on
  • Options
    I have two armigers from the forgebane box and I'd like to kitbash/magnetize some bits to convert them to helverins.

Does anyone know if an IG heavy weapon team autocannon (example here)is anything close to the same size as a helverin cannon arm?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    I don't think so. They're a LOT shorter and even if you extended the barrels with some plascard, they're not quite as bulky either without grafting a bunch more bits onto it. Something like the Hydra autocannons is closer in scale.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Excellent, Thanks McGibs

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Think anyone would give me shit for using Pariahs as Lychguard with Warscythes? They are pretty close in looks.

• Options
    It's kind of annoying they made a female genestealer magnus but still cannot make female imperial guard

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    It's kind of annoying they made a female genestealer magnus but still cannot make female imperial guard

I'm sure in 2029 when GW updates the Cadian sprues there will be some.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

That Magus is going to be excellent conversion fodder. I need to see a 360 degree to make sure but it doesn't look like there's even much Genestealer iconography on her.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I'm hoping kataphron servitors are coming to Killteam someday
    db5t21j9at6c.jpg

This discussion has been closed.