As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FINAL FANTASY FOURTEEN: tip to toe this is an ardbert

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    McMoogle wrote: »
    As always with any 4.X patch notes, no changes to the bard in any way. Its been an interesting expansion in that regard. After the big shift from Bow-mage back to our true form they haven't done anything.

I think they upped one skill with 10 potency? I think that they can't really change anything as long as MCH is in such a weak spot by comparison.

What's wrong with bard? Good bards do real good dps; the utility is good; the class is interesting. What's the issue?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    There's a lot to like about this patch for side content. Two new minigames at the saucer is nice.

I'm still amazed at them putting in Mahjong.

They gotta cater to that ever growing ojisan demographic somehow. :razz:

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    I'm curious if that "pet damage displays floating text like player abilities" works on fairy healing, and, perhaps more importantly, works on fake pet abilities like Excognition and Stellar Explosion thingy.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    As always with any 4.X patch notes, no changes to the bard in any way. Its been an interesting expansion in that regard. After the big shift from Bow-mage back to our true form they haven't done anything.

I think they upped one skill with 10 potency? I think that they can't really change anything as long as MCH is in such a weak spot by comparison.

What's wrong with bard? Good bards do real good dps; the utility is good; the class is interesting. What's the issue?

I think what they were saying is that any changes (or buffs at least) to bard would push MCH further down the pecking order than it already is.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Also for people that were scared of Eureka Pagos because of the horror stories the nerfs they did actually will substantially improve the experience. I mean it's still a grind but what makes Pagos significantly worse is that it's really really difficult as a lower level player to get around. By changing the aetheryte levels it means you'll have access to the whole map much, much earlier. Pyros already has this going on, so I'm glad they're tweaking Pagos.

They're also increasing crystal drops which is fantastic, as I found those to be the longest part of the grind. I wish light also got a tweak but when I was finishing up Pagos the crystals were definitely what was holding me back.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular

I think what they were saying is that any changes (or buffs at least) to bard would push MCH further down the pecking order than it already is.

Wait, you were the one who brought it up! I don't see what they should improve about BRD either.

• Options

Wait, you were the one who brought it up! I don't see what they should improve about BRD either.

Ah my apologies. I didn't mean they needed to buffs bard, just that they have changed literally nothing about bard. Which i find funny because we used to bounce around all the time.

In the past we'd go from medium DPS to absolute top to somewhat less to absolute bottom and what not.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I wish I could play now.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    When is it back?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    When is it back?

Tomorrow morning.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    The launcher has been updated and the patch is ready to be downloaded.

• Options

Ah my apologies. I didn't mean they needed to buffs bard, just that they have changed literally nothing about bard. Which i find funny because we used to bounce around all the time.

In the past we'd go from medium DPS to absolute top to somewhat less to absolute bottom and what not.

Ahaaa, yes total agree. I played BRD in 2.x and then didnt touch it in HW after dinging 60. They're in a much better place now re:dps and utility.

• Options
    You guys seem to forget that we got the most important BRD buff in 4.x.

Actually being a bard.

• Options

Actually being a bard.

Truth. Although being a bow-mage did eventually grow on me a little bit.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Osborne Monkmastery is a pretty fun raid with neat bosses.

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    So I was extremely lucky and ended up in a party full of people who cleared uwu and now I have seiryu ex clear

• Options
    Oh boy, new MSQ stuff is good. Saying no more on that.

Ghymlit Dark is a good dungeon. Last boss makes me dread when that shit comes up in raid content though.

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular

Actually being a bard.

Truth. Although being a bow-mage did eventually grow on me a little bit.

sigh..don't remind me.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Oh boy, new MSQ stuff is good. Saying no more on that.

Ghymlit Dark is a good dungeon. Last boss makes me dread when that shit comes up in raid content though.

I really disliked Ghimlyt. I prefer big running battles, and I'm so bored of fighting magitek stuff. The last boss is good, but otherwise blehhhhh.

My healer was absolute trash and stood in obvious aoes every time, so I got to flex my tank skills and kicked a bunch of ass, but even that wasn't enough to make up for how slow paced it is. The Burn was way more fun.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I did not know this was a thing (not any 4.5 spoilers)
    YLDlkTS.jpg

Too bad he ignores /beckon

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I think half the FC is now making a semi-permanent home at the mahjong tables.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    I did Orbonne tonight. Man that is a really, really solid 24 man. I loved it, despite it following the trend where it's mostly wiping for nearly 2 hours on launch day. It's a huge throwback to FFT and it's just incredible in so many ways.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Orbonne spoilers:
    Man, everything Agrias and TG Cid say when doing their attacks is the coolest thing ever.

"Misfortune hangs heavy on a head once held high. Such is poor cover for when the heavens fall."
    "Seven shadows cast, seven fates foretold. Yet at the end of the broken path lies death, and death alone!"
    "Open your eyes to the darkness, and drown in its loveless embrace. The gods will not be watching."

Enlong on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

I'm gonna need to get to 1600 just for the orchestrion roll.

edit- dang drafts

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options

So its good?? I want to learn Mahjong, but the guides I've read make it look quite daunting. :(

• Options
    I like having my little assistant people do ventures. I've long run out of venture tokens. The solution is just "spend a couple hours grinding leves that give venture tokens" isn't it?

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    For me I usually just trade in whatever surplus gear I've managed to pick up into company seals, then buy ventures at the grand company vendor. I tend not to run out much that way.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Does fairy healing/Excog show up in the floating text like player healing now? The patch notes called out pet damage moves do.

• Options
    SabreMau wrote: »
    For me I usually just trade in whatever surplus gear I've managed to pick up into company seals, then buy ventures at the grand company vendor. I tend not to run out much that way.

Ooh. Didn't know this was an option. Will have to see if I'm high enough rank.

• Options

Basically this, i think you can get them at the lowest GC rank.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Basically this, i think you can get them at the lowest GC rank.

A lot of currencies can be used for em - beast tribe ones usually too, which helps as the HW and SB beast tribes give good xp for the time they take (and are by far the easiest way to level crafting 50-70 if you dont mind taking it slow)

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Alright. I got arcanist to 15 last night.

I will probably do the dungeon tonight if I don't work too late.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Orbonne and following cutscene spoilers
    so, this clearly isn’t the last we’ll see of Dalmasca. The resistance there still has its own story to tell; Fran, Bwagi, and Princess Ashelia are certainly gonna be at the forefront of that. And then there’s that ominous cutscene where Gabranth is bringing that math robot’s dimensional rift technology back to Garlemald. We still have a lot to do here, though the Ivalice story is done.

• Options

So its good?? I want to learn Mahjong, but the guides I've read make it look quite daunting. :(

The basic goal is simple enough - form a hand with four sets of three and a pair. The NPC tutor opens a starting guide that goes over the main flow, some less common stuff is up on the lodestone I think?

• Options

The basic goal is simple enough - form a hand with four sets of three and a pair. The NPC tutor opens a starting guide that goes over the main flow, some less common stuff is up on the lodestone I think?

Oh yeah, it sounds so simple, but there are more rules than poker and I never got the hang of that either.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Orbonne and following cutscene spoilers
    so, this clearly isn’t the last we’ll see of Dalmasca. The resistance there still has its own story to tell; Fran, Bwagi, and Princess Ashelia are certainly gonna be at the forefront of that. And then there’s that ominous cutscene where Gabranth is bringing that math robot’s dimensional rift technology back to Garlemald. We still have a lot to do here, though the Ivalice story is done.
    The current thought, especially with the reveal of a map and everything, is that we'll be going there in 5.0. They've been fairly vague about actually getting to Garlemald, just that we're heading that way so it makes sense. They have definitely set the story up there though so I'm inclined to lean this way.

• Options
    You know, with Viera all but confirmed (have they been confirmed?) for 5.0, I have to wonder at what they'll do for the racial outfits.

Because there's a lot of good Viera outfits in prior games... and a lot of bad ones.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    You know, with Viera all but confirmed (have they been confirmed?) for 5.0, I have to wonder at what they'll do for the racial outfits.

Because there's a lot of good Viera outfits in prior games... and a lot of bad ones.

Not officially,
    but with Yoshida's shirt at the keynote and the appearance of Fran, it's all but official.

And it looks like they're going with the FFXII designs.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    The only bullshit mahjong rule that enrages me is the secondary win requirement rule you have to meet.

This discussion has been closed.