As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I say go for it New Orleans, never forgive, never forget.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2019-detroit-lions-1836829578

Motherfucker, you look like a beanbag chair with barbershop trimmings glued to it. Take a shower before you bitch out other people for lacking any self-respect.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    All the best players the Lions have produced in my lifetime are martyrs

Ouch

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    He used my entry which I forgot I sent after the Lions first game last year.
    Mark:

The Lions peaked after their first play of the year.

I wasn't wrong

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    This pair of comments is gold:
    I’m a Lions fan who has now lived in the Philadelphia area for over 20 years. The last time the Lions played here (in the middle of a fucking blizzard in 2013) the Eagles fans in the section I was sitting in didn’t bother to even heckle me, THEY BOUGHT ME A SYMPATHY BEER
    When someone is nice to you in Philadelphia that’s when you know something has gone horribly wrong.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Every time I hear a Lions fan proclaim that the team is moving in the right direction, that they’re doing a great job in the offseason, that obvious scrubs are studs, I understand more clearly how Trump won Michigan.

Snerk

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Today it's the team Cole Beasley signed with because he was tired of playing for a team that couldn't win.
    I don’t even like thinking about them. I was in coma for two weeks last winter and the nicest thing about it was that I never once thought of the Bills. Now I’m alive again and just the IDEA of the Bills still existing makes me yearn to be eaten by a frost bear and sent back into the great blackness, where all is quiet and Cole Beasley doesn’t exist.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Uhhhh, there was a football game* yesterday.

*Hall of Fame preseason game, but still...

• Options
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Someone has surely made this joke before but Vic Fangio is second to Dr. Acula in terms of terrible vampire aliases.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    It’s really weird that the Browns haven’t gone get

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

And that "What's new that sucks" might include "expectations"

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Uhhhh, there was a football game* yesterday.

*Hall of Fame preseason game, but still...

NFL Network is replaying it now. Denver/Atlanta.

• Options

And that "What's new that sucks" might include "expectations"

I may have sent a note to Drew along this line of thinking. We’ll see if it gets included...

• Options
    The Bengals finished behind Cleveland in the division, which no one had done since 2010. Do I even need to tell you which team that finished behind the Browns that year?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIbmT2Rs8vw

• Options
    I accept that, in order to be a successful NFL quarterback, you have to be insane. Lord knows that Tom Brady is. Scouts spend the entire combine making sure that you’re of suitably UNsound mind and thus eternally dedicated to their deadly sport. Dan Marino was a raging prick to his teammates all the time. I get all that. But Aaron Rodgers seems to have no grasp of the fine line between pushing your teammates and alienating them. When everyone else except you is a crazy dickhead, guess who’s the REAL crazy dickhead?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I just heard about this “grown men riding kids bikes to practice” thing, and I’m honestly surprised we haven’t heard more stories about them breaking the bikes because they’re not designed to hold >250 lbs.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I will die on the hill that Aaron Rodgers is the greatest quarterback of all time. And what does he have to show for it? Being saddled with the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk an NFL sideline for over a decade, a lazy piece of shit who somehow managed to not even win funniest massage-related storyline of the offseason.

I guffawed

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I just heard about this “grown men riding kids bikes to practice” thing, and I’m honestly surprised we haven’t heard more stories about them breaking the bikes because they’re not designed to hold >250 lbs.

It happens but generally like what happened here the packer just takes the kid and his family to a bike store and the kid gets a new bike and the tradition continues. Honestly though most kids bikes tend to be old fashioned steel or aluminum and the bike itself can generally support that weight for short periods of times. I things like the seats that tend to fail.

• Options
    It's time for the annual fish fry:
    I took this photo last year at the Dolphins bar in New York City and I thought it was a perfect metaphor for this upcoming season.

xfivdtivcnc83ezd6j7b.png

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Even Northwestern could hold onto a 17-0 lead against (the Bengals).

I mean, they blew one against Michigan. Speaking of, I haven't finished does he manage to get Kenny Stills being mad at his owner (in a long running battle with Ann Coulter and a couple serial killers for worst Michigan grad) for hosting a quarter million dollar per ticket fundraiser for Trump? Because Stills is being awesome.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    So, it looks like the Raiders have inflicted their general stupidity and incompetence on Antonio Brown before he's even taken a snap.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2019/08/06/report-antonio-browns-gruesome-foot-injury-was-caused-by-a-cryotherapy-machine/39901751/

Note, not saying the Raiders directly caused this. Or that AB wasn't chronically stupid to begin with. Just that there's something about the Raiders that makes this injury feel very Raidery.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    ... They have a Dolphins bar in New York? They barely have any Dolphin bars in friggin Miami.

• Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    ... They have a Dolphins bar in New York? They barely have any Dolphin bars in friggin Miami.

New York has everything, a blessing that is decidedly mixed.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »

They have one down in long Beach CA as well. I believe the dolphins have more fans outside Miami than in.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Cryotherapy: they put you in a room with Gruden and he yells at you until you cry

It’s a great teambuilding exercise

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Cryotherapy: they put you in a room with Gruden and he yells at you until you cry

It’s a great teambuilding exercise

'This Nathan Peterman is really growing on me!'

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It's time for the annual fish fry:
    I took this photo last year at the Dolphins bar in New York City and I thought it was a perfect metaphor for this upcoming season.

xfivdtivcnc83ezd6j7b.png

As a Dolphins fan, this is 100% accurate. Especially the post from the Canadian.

sig.gif
  • Options
    The Falcons suck today and it had this beauty of a line after Drew went off about how the Falcons brought in DJ Durkin for a bit.
    Meanwhile, the team still hasn’t extended stud wideout Julio Jones. Jones reported to camp on time and is trusting the Falcons to do right by him, which would be a smart move if he were a disgraced former head coach of some sort.

• Options
    Atlanta Falcons. Second-best football team in their own stadium.

• Options
    Heh:
    Submissions for the NFL previews are closed. Next up: Washington.

• Options
    So Browns first team took like 2 minutes to score. It's Washington, but still.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Preseason means less than shit man I mean the 4-0 lions heading into the 0-16 lions should tell you that.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    That was Browns first* team (no OBJ or Landry or Njoku)

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Preseason means less than shit man I mean the 4-0 lions heading into the 0-16 lions should tell you that.

IIRC, the Lions first team was behind and the backups made stirring comebacks against the opposing scrubs. 1s on 1s are a little relevant.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Packers: 2 plays, 2 penalties

• Options
    Also yes preseason is meaningless, but the Lions are down 20-0 at the half and they are super lucky. Very Lions.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I think Greedy Williams has a shot at being the 2nd Browns rookie CB to make the Pro Bowl in as many years

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    Also yes preseason is meaningless, but the Lions are down 20-0 at the half and they are super lucky. Very Lions.

Speak for yourself meaningless