As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Reveal stream live now! Expansion drops April 9th!

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Come on, Blizzard! You let this go through?
    pwprv1b99svy.gif

Now I have to go through the stupid report hoops you put up as you don't have a good way to get this person banned.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I'm playing around with some of my decks from years ago. After getting a quest and tweaking it a bit, this deck is probably the most aggro, board sticky deck I've ever played and when it wins it does it by turn 5. Got any tweaks you'd make? Note that my card pool right now is extremely limited. Basically anything up to Old Gods, nothing after.

AAEBAZICAt3CAuYFDuYRtrMCiAXfFfUNwasC9wP0EZcB6harBv0C5xbkFQA=.png

ObiFett on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Come on, Blizzard! You let this go through?
    pwprv1b99svy.gif

Now I have to go through the stupid report hoops you put up as you don't have a good way to get this person banned.

I had to look that one up. Yeah, that shouldn't have gotten through.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Didn't think I'd end up hitting rank 5 this month after the initial boredom with this meta but turns out exodia paladin is just really good.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    yeah the dual OTK list that popped up recently is really fun to play, and i think more refinement could still happen to the archetype.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Freezing trap should be hall of famed, or at the very least changed to “when you attack a minion” OR “when you attack the hero”

Being fucked no matter what, then losing because DK rexxar can heal better than most priests when they get shit like lifedrinker+scalehide

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Rank 2, 4 stars almost all with @Coldrazor Priest deck (22-9). Maybe I make Legend this month?

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    They need to make it so you can't queue into the same person you just battled. I hate queuing into the hard counters 3 times into a row and equally feel bad for the other player when it happens to them.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    They need to make it so you can't queue into the same person you just battled. I hate queuing into the hard counters 3 times into a row and equally feel bad for the other player when it happens to them.

this is especially egregious in Arena

yes, let me lose another game to the guy who plainly has a way better deck who just beat me, cool cool cool

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    KafkaAU wrote: »

Conversely, I love queuing into a deck I hard counter 3 times in a row. Often times they just quit at the start. FREE STARS!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ColdrazorColdrazor Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Rank 2, 4 stars almost all with @Coldrazor Priest deck (22-9). Maybe I make Legend this month?
    Keep it up.

Doing the @Yilias challenge atm, double legendary. Rank 3 in wild so far, started at 24.. EU wild has been meta decks only from rank 15.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular

guess you didn't want to reach legend

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    I’m at 2-2 in Wild with Secret Mage. It’s not the best deck. But: my build doesn’t seem to have bad matchups. I mean, it doesn’t have good matchups either. But it’s been getting the job done.

I briefly hit 2-1 in Standard with Big Warrior this season. However, I dropped down to 3-1 after hitting a wall of Deathrattle Hunters. I’ve decided to switch over to Odd Paladin to wrap up my last 50 or so wins towards that 500-mark.

And in that note, I got win #500 with Shaman last night. Just Mage, Paladin, Warrior, Druid and Warlock to go.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    heh

n724akd3jjwn.png

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    ColdrazorColdrazor Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    80g q on eu, Coldrazor#1577

Edit: claimed

Coldrazor on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Wee, I just got Zuljin in a pack. What is the state of spell hunter?

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    It's the worst Hunter deck, which still makes it better than most other decks.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    it's a solid tier 2 deck right now which, unfortunately, makes it roughly the fourth strongest hunter deck right now

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    That all said, Spell Hunter isn't the only deck that plays Zul'jin.

• Options
    bwanie wrote: »

Huh?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    bwanie wrote: »

Huh?

When i post positive winrates it's a surefire way to lose a star or 5

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    just opened another golden illidan stormrage after dusting my last golden illidan stormrage 8 months ago

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    just opened another golden illidan stormrage after dusting my last golden illidan stormrage 8 months ago

You were not prepared!

• Options
    edited January 2019
    MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    anyone playing right now? I need a spectate win

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    forty wrote: »
    I have had a horrendous amount of 50/50/50 quests the last couple weeks. I blame Dover.
    Two more days of it in a row, stahhhhhhhhp.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I just rolled 50/50/50 yesterday. I blame Dover for releasing this plague upon our houses.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I got the 100g "play 50 battlecry cards" quest today, so I threw together a deck that is just 28 battlecry minions and Spirit of the Shark

I'm 4-0 in casual matches so far, turns out simply playing mostly good minions on curve is a strong tactic?

Also I can't remember what I picked for the card most likely to see play post-rotation, but I think Spirit of the Shark has a good shot. Doubling battlecries can be hilariously strong, and the stealth turn means only 3 damage AoEs can bump it off before you can use it at least once, and Duskbreaker is rotating.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    I have had a horrendous amount of 50/50/50 quests the last couple weeks. I blame Dover.
    Two more days of it in a row, stahhhhhhhhp.

I..i reroll 60 g quests of characters i hate playing...even the play 30 card ones.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    hee hee hee
    ovL0vj1.jpg?1
    (Doubled Former Champ battlecry, followed by doubled Fungalmancer)

Also, I've been buying Witchwood & Boomsday packs until I hit the pity timers (I'm already at it with Rastakhan) and the plan was once I'm there with all 3 to start saving for the next expansion
    BzU5yfq.jpg
    I think I'm there?

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-119/

Report #119

Just like last week, keep playing Paladin, Hunter, and Priest.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Cube Paladin? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Cube Paladin? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Cube is actually just an insane card turns out.

• Options
    I called that early, BTW!

• Options
    Ranked play update!

Text version:
    We’ve heard a lot of feedback about the long climb in Ranked play, so starting with the February Ranked Play season, we’re introducing a quality of life change by reducing the number of Stars required to advance in many of the Ranks!

Currently, every Rank has five Stars. When the February Ranked Play Season starts, each Rank will have the following number of Stars instead:

Rank Stars
    Rank 50 to Rank 16 3 Stars per Rank
    Rank 15 to Rank 11 4 Stars per Rank
    Rank 10 to Rank 1 5 Stars per Rank

This will make your Ranked Play climb faster in the lower ranks, while preserving the more competitive Star values for the higher Ranks.

When the February Ranked Play Season begins, you will still be reset four Ranks lower than the highest Rank you achieved in the previous season, but “excess” Stars will be shed to align with the new value for the Rank you are moving to. For example, if your highest Rank in January was Rank 10 with five Stars, then when the February Season begins, you will be set to Rank 14 with four Stars. The “fifth” Star is no longer there, but you would still be at the highest value for the Rank you were moved to.

This is a good change for newer and returning players. And honestly, this should have been introduced when they switched to the 4 rank back system. 5 stars per rank at all levels was excessive.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    yeah this is just the way it should have been

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Guess that is my gift to you all after I decided to quit playing. Aka, things always get better (or cheaper) after you quit a game or buy something.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Anymore I usually just bounce around between ranks 10 to 3 from season to season, so I'm not really directly impacted at the moment. However, I appreciate the change since there's no reason for the scrub ranks to be just as hard (relatively) to climb as the lower ones. Also, it'll be good if I ever do take a break for a season or more and end up back in the teens again.

In theory, over time it should lead to slightly more players ending up in the 10-5 bracket, which seems like a good thing.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

Whoa there's a rank 50?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I forget when they added all the levels down to rank 50, but this has the same effect as if they had just set the floor as rank 40 right? Expect some people see a number change more often? Like for real

PSN SeGaTai