As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Reveal stream live now! Expansion drops April 9th!

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Wow, I have the complete opposite experience with the deck versus Hunters and bring it to rank 5 the last 3 seasons on EU and US servers. I don't have the time to go beyond that, so maybe that's why I don't experience problems, but it sure feels weird.

The amount of silence, removal and mass removal just makes their early pressure crumble, and once that's out of the way the deck generally poses no threat.

### Odd Quest Warrior
    # Class: Warrior
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Raven
    #
    # 1x (1) Fire Plume's Heart
    # 2x (1) Shield Slam
    # 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
    # 1x (3) Blackwald Pixie
    # 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
    # 2x (3) Ironbeak Owl
    # 1x (3) Mind Control Tech
    # 2x (3) Phantom Militia
    # 2x (3) Reckless Flurry
    # 2x (3) Shield Block
    # 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
    # 2x (3) Tar Creeper
    # 2x (5) Brawl
    # 2x (5) Direhorn Hatchling
    # 2x (5) Dyn-o-matic
    # 2x (5) Supercollider
    # 1x (5) Zilliax
    # 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
    #
    AAECAQcG3gXTwwLTxQLl7wKe+AKggAMMS6ICogT/B/sMm8ICysMCoscCyucCquwCjvsCnvsCAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This is the deck, if you're interested. I tried the newer version, but it lacked just a little consistency.

Been using this most of the time for the last day or so. The MVP is the 2 x Owl as the silence can really hurt some of the decks out there.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Hmmmm.... speaking of tech cards, is Mossy Horror worth running anymore?

Giggles been nerfed. Druid fukken nuked from orbit.

Is there anything worthwhile it can hit anymore?

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    So is Artifact officially a failure yet? Or do I have to wait longer before pointing and laughing at my friend who thought it was going to be god's gift to CCGs?

I'd say so. I took a look at the stats and it currently sees around 5,000 users per day and right now there are just a few more people watching Artifact than there are people watching Borderlands 2 on twitch.

I don’t really want games to fail. I’d prefer if most games were good. And if Artifact were good it might force Team 5 to get some shit together. But Artifact also seemed like such a naked grab at the dcg market it put me off a bit.

I still wish Duelyst were bigger. That game is awesome, it just went in a direction I wasn’t interested in.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    So is Artifact officially a failure yet? Or do I have to wait longer before pointing and laughing at my friend who thought it was going to be god's gift to CCGs?

I'd say so. I took a look at the stats and it currently sees around 5,000 users per day and right now there are just a few more people watching Artifact than there are people watching Borderlands 2 on twitch.

I don’t really want games to fail. I’d prefer if most games were good. And if Artifact were good it might force Team 5 to get some shit together. But Artifact also seemed like such a naked grab at the dcg market it put me off a bit.

I still wish Duelyst were bigger. That game is awesome, it just went in a direction I wasn’t interested in.

Yeah, me either. Artifact had never really appealed to me but some market competition for Hearthstone can only be good at this point.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Man I really wish artifact found an audience big enough to keep it going. It's a really good game, but the market issue really seems to scare/frustrate a lot of people away.

Some thoughts I saw about it on their subreddit, but the game is more tactical over strategic compared to other card games. There are lots of small decisions and in hindsight you can probably pick out one that won the game, which maybe doesn't feel good compared to other games. There is also rarely an automatic best move to make, regarding placing heroes, giving initiative, even killing enemy heroes.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Artifact was great and I wish it had taken off. It was kind of exhausting to play though, required a high level of focus for like 25+ minutes at a time plus the stress of trying to make back your buyin costs.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    The triple board mechanic really intrigued me.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

This was the opposite for me. Maybe if it was just two boards, but three just seemed too much.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I'm also probably in the minority where the reward progression matches really well with me playing 1-2 drafts a week, which probably is too low to really maintain a player base

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Wow, I have the complete opposite experience with the deck versus Hunters and bring it to rank 5 the last 3 seasons on EU and US servers. I don't have the time to go beyond that, so maybe that's why I don't experience problems, but it sure feels weird.

The amount of silence, removal and mass removal just makes their early pressure crumble, and once that's out of the way the deck generally poses no threat.

### Odd Quest Warrior
    # Class: Warrior
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Raven
    #
    # 1x (1) Fire Plume's Heart
    # 2x (1) Shield Slam
    # 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
    # 1x (3) Blackwald Pixie
    # 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
    # 2x (3) Ironbeak Owl
    # 1x (3) Mind Control Tech
    # 2x (3) Phantom Militia
    # 2x (3) Reckless Flurry
    # 2x (3) Shield Block
    # 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
    # 2x (3) Tar Creeper
    # 2x (5) Brawl
    # 2x (5) Direhorn Hatchling
    # 2x (5) Dyn-o-matic
    # 2x (5) Supercollider
    # 1x (5) Zilliax
    # 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
    #
    AAECAQcG3gXTwwLTxQLl7wKe+AKggAMMS6ICogT/B/sMm8ICysMCoscCyucCquwCjvsCnvsCAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This is the deck, if you're interested. I tried the newer version, but it lacked just a little consistency.

Been using this most of the time for the last day or so. The MVP is the 2 x Owl as the silence can really hurt some of the decks out there.

Good to see the deck is getting some love! I really like playing it.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Thawmus wrote: »

This was the opposite for me. Maybe if it was just two boards, but three just seemed too much.

My problem is that every single game comes down to a single board anyway. Players just choose to concede one of the other two boards to each other, and then they fight over the one that is only 'sorta' contested.

This is also relevant to our conversation: https://gaminglyf.com/news/2019-01-15-valves-artifact-hits-new-player-low-loses-97-players-in-under-2-months/
    After launching on November 28th, 2018, Valve’s latest game Artifact saw a rapidly dwindling player base within only a few weeks. We reported back on December 6th that the player-base had lost 60% of players in its first week. However, almost a month and a half later, that number is in a much more concerning place.

Artifact hit a new low this morning, according to SteamCharts – at midnight (GMT) earlier today the game reportedly saw its lowest ever player count of 1,639 players.

• Options
    My problem is that every single game comes down to a single board anyway. Players just choose to concede one of the other two boards to each other, and then they fight over the one that is only 'sorta' contested.

A lot of games boil down to that, but I've certainly won games by stalling the contested board and hard swinging for the board my opponent assumed was his.

There's also a good number of cards that let you use mana from one board to another

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I am sad for the dev team that Artifact flopped so hard but it's not really surprising. The game was massively complicated, which already would have made it hard to get new people in the door, but it had an upfront price and continued micros to get more cards. I think Valve was sniffing their own farts with that decision making.

• Options
    I figured out why people are playing Wild Hunter! You can tutor Barnes with Master's Call and consistently get a turn 4 Y'Shaarj. Class is still bad but atleast they have memes.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    edit: nm, forgot that was draw not copy

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I figured out why people are playing Wild Hunter! You can tutor Barnes with Master's Call and consistently get a turn 4 Y'Shaarj. Class is still bad but atleast they have memes.

Yeah, I've run into it a few times and it actually seems...not so bad?

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Now I'm curious to see this deck and try it out.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

hunter.... bad....???

does not.... compute..................

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    It's something like this:
    AAEBAR8OjQGHBMkExQjbCf4MqKsChbgC6dIChtMC4eMCm4UDpIgDoooDCKgCtQOXCNQR+LEC3dIC39IC49ICAA==.png

Y'Shaarj is really the only power play. Spellstone and Zul'jin are nothing special compared to other stuff you can do in Wild and DK Rexxar is way too ponderous of a card there, both because of meta and beast pool.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    It'd be interesting to see the actual math (or just sims) on how consistent that is. It still relies on drawing one of two cards by turn 3 or a unique card by 4, along with avoiding drawing a unique card by 4.

• Options
    It's something like this:
    AAEBAR8OjQGHBMkExQjbCf4MqKsChbgC6dIChtMC4eMCm4UDpIgDoooDCKgCtQOXCNQR+LEC3dIC39IC49ICAA==.png

Y'Shaarj is really the only power play. Spellstone and Zul'jin are nothing special compared to other stuff you can do in Wild and DK Rexxar is way too ponderous of a card there, both because of meta and beast pool.

I didn't have some of the cards so swapped them for a few more spells. First match, mirror and they got out Barnes after discovering him on turn 5. Funny enough though I killed their Y'Shaarj with a Dino and 5 damage. He then killed my Y'Shaarj with a bunch of dogs and his mini Y'Shaarj. In the end though I was doing more damage to their face throughout the match and they were trying to play more counter. It was funny though that I played a mirror match.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Welp, Zoo warlock has officially devolved into a binary deck. Play 5 games, drop Keleseth on 2 in one game, don't see him until turn 10+ or at all in 4 games. Win 1, lose 4. Cool. :|

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    It'd be interesting to see the actual math (or just sims) on how consistent that is. It still relies on drawing one of two cards by turn 3 or a unique card by 4, along with avoiding drawing a unique card by 4.

as someone who played a ton of barnes-y'shaarj hunter when it was in standard, iirc like 30% by turn 5 if you mulligan single-mindedly.

edit: with nothing other than barnes-y'shaarj. with two tutors that's actually super reasonable.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Tempo Storm tier list for Wild is up: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/agej42/tempo_storm_wild_meta_snapshot_25/

I feel kind of tickled that my choice of Odd Rogue to climb with to rank 5 ended up being pretty much the best choice to climb with in Wild.

The Tempo Storm list:

2x (1) Buccaneer
    2x (1) Cold Blood
    2x (1) Fire Fly
    1x (1) Patches the Pirate
    2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
    2x (1) Swashburglar
    2x (3) Argent Horserider
    2x (3) Hench-Clan Thug
    2x (3) SI:7 Agent
    2x (3) Southsea Captain
    1x (3) Void Ripper
    2x (5) Dark Iron Skulker
    2x (5) Fungalmancer
    1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
    1x (5) Loatheb
    2x (5) Vilespine Slayer
    1x (5) Zilliax
    1x (9) Baku the Mooneater

Code: AAEBAaIHBpG8Av3qAq8E+g6ggAOe+AIMmxWMAuvCAtQFkrYCuhOm7wLdCKgF8xHR4QKBwgIA

I used a list with the following modifications:
    +2 Bloodsail Corsair
    +1 Shady Dealer
    +2 Snapjaw Shellfighter
    +1 Dr. Boom
    -2 Fire Fly
    -1Void Ripper
    -2 Fungalmancer
    -1 Ziliax

It’s a very similar curve, but a slightly different game plan. The Bloodsail Corsairs help in the mirror, against various Shaman decks, and even against Odd Warrior from time to time, with their weapon break effect. And obviously, they’re pirates. The Shady Dealer might end up becoming a 2-of. The impact has been similar to that of Hench Clan Thug. Snapjaw Shellfighter is the weirdest inclusion, but I feel like it’s ability to soak damage makes it situationally more valuable than Fungalmancer - it’s board wipe protection at the the turn when Priest board wipes start coming on line in earnest.

EDIT: Also, now that I've reached the safety of rank five, I've been playing more random decks that usual. This one is a new favorite:

2x (0) Zap!
    2x (1) Voltaic Burst
    2x (1) Tunnel Trogg
    1x (1) Sir Finley Mrrgglton
    2x (1) Lightning Bolt
    1x (1) Earth Shock
    2x (2) Totem Golem
    1x (2) Maelstrom Portal
    2x (2) Likkim
    2x (2) Lava Shock
    1x (2) Devolve
    2x (2) Crackle
    1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
    2x (2) Ancestral Knowledge
    2x (3) Spirit of the Frog
    2x (3) Lava Burst
    2x (3) Feral Spirit
    1x (3) Electra Stormsurge

AAEBAaoIBu0F/wWEF6C2Ava9Apn7AgzuAfkD4AbWD/ER0hOyFMoW9vACnP8CjIUD9ooDAA==

Look at that curve. It's a cliff. The only thing potentially worth going past three mana for IMO is Kragwa, and you'd probably be too overloaded to play him anyways. It's just so hilariously, beautifully degenerate. The deep strategy of this deck is outlined on this Youtube video.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Shadowhope wrote: »

+2 Bloodsail Corsair
    +1 Shady Dealer
    +2 Snapjaw Shellfighter
    +1 Dr. Boom
    -2 Fire Fly
    -1Void Ripper
    -2 Fungalmancer
    -1 Ziliax
    Why does yours have Boom and not theirs?

forty on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Two for two in Tavern Brawls so far where the opponent played Blingtron into a Cursed sword. :+1:

• Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »

+2 Bloodsail Corsair
    +1 Shady Dealer
    +2 Snapjaw Shellfighter
    +1 Dr. Boom
    -2 Fire Fly
    -1 Void Ripper
    -2 Fungalmancer
    -1 Ziliax
    Why does yours have Boom and not theirs?

The short answer is that Boom and Ziliax do different things.

Ziliax is pretty good at providing cover for your minions on curve, allowing for good trades, and buying a turn to live - drop it on T5 against Even Shaman and their 4-mana 7/7 can't just easily pick off important minions or smack you in the face. It buys breathing room, and sometimes tempo too. It is somewhat board wipe resistant due to divine shield. But it's not a particularly menacing offensive threat.

Boom is a beatstick. He makes board wipes awkward, since they can end up doing damage to your opponent's face. The bomblings also help enable platforms for Cold Blood, since they're generally low priority to clear.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Two for two in Tavern Brawls so far where the opponent played Blingtron into a Cursed sword. :+1:

Had Gather Your Party turn 6 as a Warrior and it grabbed Ragnaros. Thank you, RNG.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    boom feels way too slow to play in wild to me

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    The wife got me a new computer gaming chair for my birthday today. I just finished assembling it and adjusted everything. It’s great! I tried out the foot rest and as soon as I put my feet on it, one side cracked and was left dangling. Sigh...

On the plus side, my new daily quest was for 60g and I rerolled a 50 into another 60g quest. So there’s that I guess. :)

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    boom feels way too slow to play in wild to me

There's a lot of cards that are/were Standard all stars that just don't make it in Wild. Like you look at Even Shaman vs Big Priest and Voidcaller + Gul'dan shenanigans and you'd figure Hex was a slam dunk auto include, but spending 4 mana to only partially get through that stuff is just way too much of a tempo sink compared to Spellbreaker which has a body and Devolve which is cheaper and aoe.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    It’ll be interesting to see what mage deck exists once Jaina rotates out. She’s pretty much the win condition for control mage
    Dibby wrote: »
    Hmmmm.... speaking of tech cards, is Mossy Horror worth running anymore?

Giggles been nerfed. Druid fukken nuked from orbit.

Is there anything worthwhile it can hit anymore?

If you’re putting in tech cards, I’d rank weapon removal, Skulking Geist (I was playing a warrior the other day and Geist got his quest), and even Chief Inspector considering all the hunters.

In other news I was playing against some kind of Hakkar / Togwaggle deck; I had a secret up from an Arcane Keysmith; I put him down late because I knew it was some kind of Togwaggle deck and I could maybe buy myself some time while he tested to see what the secret was.

He must have completely forgotten about Spellbinder when he tried to Naturalise his Hakkar (which promptly got sheeped).

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Open my Brawl pack and see the orange glow.
    Nat Pagle

Thank you Hearthstone!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Open my Brawl pack and see the orange glow.
    Nat Pagle

Thank you Hearthstone!

Howdy!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    my turn 2 nat pagle basically singlehandedly won me my tavern brawl by drawing me into a turn 8 lich king. cards op

Dehumanized on
  • Options

Two important items:
    • There is no better feeling in Hearthstone than putting an OTK deck in a position where it can’t win. Dropping Hakkar on curve against Mecha’thun. Milling a critical combo piece of OTK Paladin. Getting up to 60 armor and full health against Mind Blast Priest. I say this with affection, because I play a lot of OTK decks. But also, fuck people who play OTK against me.
    • My brawl pack contained Lorewalker Cho. My Classic set is just 13 cards short of completion, and only three of those are Legendary. I’ve actually had most of the epics that I’m missing, I’ve just disenchanted them because they’re bad and I like having dust to craft stuff with.

• Options
    I haven't looked lately, but I would guess I'm still at least 10-12 legendaries short of the Classic set (missing quite a few class ones, including Antonidas, Edwin, Grom, and probably a couple others), in addition to missing a good number of Epics (still have no Preps!), and even a handful of rares.

So I'm still over 4 years away from a complete set. :rotate:

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I guess I haven’t paid much attention to just how much armour druids can stack when they’re trying to stall a game to complete their combo, but I just completed the “deal 65 damage to opposing heroes” quest in a single game and that feels excessive..

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Zuljjn followed next turn by ping+dk+make a zombeast is brutal.

You really shouldn’t be allowed to have 2 hero replacement cards in a deck, especially when you have one class with the yogg-chaos turn and also the infinite value engine that makes ever turn take forever.

• Options
    I played Strifecro today!
    RNG was on my side.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/365049527?t=02h56m10s