Options

[Hearthstone] Reveal stream live now! Expansion drops April 9th!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Combo Priest as we know it is dead after rotation. This new card, while strong, isn’t great because the support is all gone.

No tutoring or consistency without Shadow Visions. No mana cheating without Radiant Elemental. No coins without Gilded Gargoyle.

Mass Resurrection is purely a value card for Control decks. I don’t have a problem with that as designed.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

That chart is awesome, but there are also a few weird wrinkles that crop up.

For example, the Naaru can darken and become Void creatures (see: M'uru, L'ura, etc). The former Titan (or dark Titan, or fallen Titan, etc) Sargeras is the leader of the Burning Legion. Fire, Earth, Water and Air all have elemental lords (most famously Ragnaros and Al'Akir), but to the best of my knowledge Spirit and Decay have no elemental lords. The Dragon aspects cover several of those categories - Ysera covers the Emerald Dream, Neltharion (Deathwing) covers earth, Alexstrasza covers life, Malygos covers the Arcane, but Nozdormu's area (time) isn't on the chart.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    All of these cards except the boar have me going 'Wow, okay.' This is looking like a good expansion at least.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Neaden wrote: »
    FFS Jepetto is going to either be useless or part of an OTK combo with basically no middle ground.

Japetto aka malygos combo enabler 25

• Options
    New Priest Rare (Translated from Russian):

99g2ibr2g7zc.png

Mass Resurrection
    9 Mana Spell
    Resurrect 3 friendly minions that died this game.

Source: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Oo5-A0A1E0Q&

Should be 4 for flavor, maybe random to simulate minions not accepting the rez

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    That chart is awesome, but there are also a few weird wrinkles that crop up.

For example, the Naaru can darken and become Void creatures (see: M'uru, L'ura, etc). The former Titan (or dark Titan, or fallen Titan, etc) Sargeras is the leader of the Burning Legion. Fire, Earth, Water and Air all have elemental lords (most famously Ragnaros and Al'Akir), but to the best of my knowledge Spirit and Decay have no elemental lords. The Dragon aspects cover several of those categories - Ysera covers the Emerald Dream, Neltharion (Deathwing) covers earth, Alexstrasza covers life, Malygos covers the Arcane, but Nozdormu's area (time) isn't on the chart.

You'll have to take it up with Blizzard, that's canon material from a Chris Metzen book.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Roz wrote: »
    New Priest Rare (Translated from Russian):

99g2ibr2g7zc.png

Mass Resurrection
    9 Mana Spell
    Resurrect 3 friendly minions that died this game.

Source: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Oo5-A0A1E0Q&

Should be 4 for flavor, maybe random to simulate minions not accepting the rez

Resurrects three friendly minions and summons a 0/2 AFK Adventurer!

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    mo4i5tr3qoo21.png?width=457&auto=webp&s=cd837c11dbe6a58730c26668dce25048971b9b7d

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Ok that seems REAL good.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Man, I just realized Big Priest has even more threats now.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

kime wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Yilias wrote: »
    u6qfw49bifo21.png

I know this card was already revealed, but everyone MUST watch the reveal video. Trust me on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M43UyPczXk

Things I learned from this video: Copy, minion and paladin are the same words in both Chinese and English.

(The video was all Japanese)

Other things I learned: I can't tell Chinese and Japanese apart.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Well, there's our Sludge Slurper from the Reddit Q&A "leak".

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    New Druid Cards:

You've heard of Hand Druid, Beast Druid, Taunt Druid, and Token Druid. Now get read for... Heal Druid!

rwixsejczw07.png

Crystal Power
    Common
    1 Mana Spell
    Choose One - Deal 2 damage to a minion; or Restore 5 Health.

09ry267hz0cq.png

Crystal Stag
    Epic
    5 Mana
    4/4 Beast
    Rush
    Battlecry: If you've restored 5 Health this game, summon a copy of this.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    long sigh

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    well, that 1-cost spell probably sees play if there's any sort of auctioneer build for druid

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Yeah this game is bad. I'll check back in with y'all in a year for the next rotation

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Yeah this game is bad. I'll check back in with y'all in a year for the next rotation

Dibby wrote: »
    we haven't even seen the entire set yet

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    "mass.... resurrection..........????????"

"REVIVES THREE FUCKING MINIONS AND DOESN'T NEED TO UPGRADE????????????????????"

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK"

sorry gang

i was really feelin' this til i saw this fucking garbage spell holy shit why

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    long sigh

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    There's the new "Choose One" spell for the Druid Legendary to incorporate. Healing for 5 is nothing, so that 5 drop basically summons itself almost every time. Doubt you'll get to hand buff it, but if you do, a lot more value.

And honestly, I'd prefer they move Druid more towards healing than Armor, makes more sense in lore reasoning and gives Armor gain identity back to Warrior where it belongs.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    well, that 1-cost spell probably sees play if there's any sort of auctioneer build for druid

I think it sees play anyway. The second option isn't as good as Living Roots' was but 1 mana deal 2 is an effect Druid likes especially with spellstone gone. You also get the 5 health for free with the new Druid legend.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Man they're not even trying to hide that they no longer give a fuck about class identity or not having Druid perpetually be the most powerful class in the game.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    Man they're not even trying to hide that they no longer give a fuck about class identity or not having Druid perpetually be the most powerful class in the game.

at this point it's clear that their view of class identity is

well

let me compare to magic the gathering, right? you've got five colours and each one has things they do. red's got Direct Damage. black sometimes sort of has direct damage, and white can do a small amount of direct damage only if a creature is hitting you. green and blue just don't get it.

but if mtg was hearthstone, it wouldn't go like that. they would say "this is how red does direct damage. this is how black does direct damage. this is how white does direct damage. this is how blue does direct damage. this is how green does direct damage."

it's no longer about what each colour does, it's exclusively about how they do it

the problem we're running into there is that hearthstone has so few knobs to turn that a lot of these different things wind up feeling very similar

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Yea that's...I mean 8/8 of stats for five, with rush, that can be divided into two attacks...that's just nuts, right? that's really good?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options

Hey, they made sure this one can't go face with Malygos. They're learning!

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular

Hey, they made sure this one can't go face with Malygos. They're learning!

there's still time for totemic smash shaman to be a thing!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Yea that's...I mean 8/8 of stats for five, with rush, that can be divided into two attacks...that's just nuts, right? that's really good?

Lol, I missed that it had Rush

Thats just dumb

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »

I don’t know that it will consistently be activated on curve. 5 healing isn’t much, but Druid doesn’t normally run a lot of heal so you’d either need to run extra suboptimal cards just for this, or you’d be reliant on drawing/playing the new spell early.

Even beyond that, 5 healing that early isn’t a guaranteed thing even if you have the cards to do it - early game minions are unlikely to be damaged but alive enough to heal that much, and while your hero certainly could be, not always if your opponent is going more board control than face.

And then there’s the consideration that every point of armor you gain early is less damage to be healed and suddenly the Druid hero power and other spells are actually working against activating this card.

I’m not saying it’s not good, but I don’t think it’s as bonkers as people seem to think. Paladin has considerably more and better options for healing and even with a card that turns your health to armor to give room to heal, heal Paladin has never taken off.

• Options
    rush doesn't need to be played on curve because it allows a minion to functionally just be a removal spell which you can tempo with other cards in later turns

in addition, druid's weakness is in removal spells, so rush minions are more valuable to it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I’m still pretty surprised they didn’t rotate Maly into the hall of fame this year. I would have thought he’d be a shoo-in

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Obligatory double epic box ticked, we're right on schedule folks!

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    In other news, brawl is up. Construct a deck using only cards from the three rotating sets.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Sounds like Cubelock heaven.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Rush minions are pretty great, I'm confused how we're a year past the reveal of Rush taking over for Charge and people are still salty about how there's minions that are good for shifting board control and bad for OTK.

Rush is one of the best things to happen to the game.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options

no doomguard

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular

no doomguard

You can make most of the cube hunter shell though, and there are some pretty decent replacements for the standard list.

• Options
    from what little i played of the brawl taunt warrior was popular

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    "mass.... resurrection..........????????"

"REVIVES THREE FUCKING MINIONS AND DOESN'T NEED TO UPGRADE????????????????????"

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK"

sorry gang

i was really feelin' this til i saw this fucking garbage spell holy shit why

i meant that about today's reveals not the expac as a whole >:0

i still think this expac looks rather promising

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Last night I was playing a janky ass murloc warlock deck to knock out some quests at rank 3 wild and I beat a guy playing aggro kingsbane rogue (cookie cutter wild deck). I got a friend request from him, and he proceeded to tell me how shitty my deck was and how the only reason I won with it is because the deck is so bad that it took him by surprise.

Three games later we were rematched and I beat him with it again.

Marty81 on
  • Options

I think it sees play anyway. The second option isn't as good as Living Roots' was but 1 mana deal 2 is an effect Druid likes especially with spellstone gone. You also get the 5 health for free with the new Druid legend.

Two damage or five health is a lot of flexibility. Even if the legendary didn't exist, it's almost certain to see play either as a general staple or useful anti-aggro tool. Both of those effects are decent on their own and borderline playable already at 1 mana. The choice of either probably pushes into the realm of "good enough".