Options

[Hearthstone] Reveal stream live now! Expansion drops April 9th!

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Roz wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    other thoughts on the new cards:

fel lord betrug - super strong. SUPER fucking strong. you can get instant value on turn 10 so even if it gets removed you still get one use out of it, which is probably good enough. and if it sticks, you probably just win the game on the spot, honestly. this is SUCH a good card. y'alls downplaying this card tremendously. it's free fucking removal! FREE removal. imagine tapping with this on T10 and drawing a Mountain Giant, that's an 8 damage removal spell. imagine if it sticks the next turn and getting a free shadowflame target. etc etc. this is like a FORMATIVE backbone card for control warlock.

hecklebot - DIRTY RAT LIVES. glad we're seeing combo disruption again. not sure if it's good enough? pulls from deck rather than hand which could potentially be too late in some cases. like it's a bit more difficult to make good reads/plays with this over dirty rat (mechathun deck has just decked out, you can dirty rat his hand and kill the mechathun! caaaaan't quite do that with this one). that said, i can't wait to see the hilarious backfires of people slamming this on T4 only to pull out like an 8/8 or some other fatty boy instead.

walking fountain - already talked about it. i think it's good, just not sure if there's proper support.

muckmorpher - yuck no please no don't print weird combo support cards thanks.

Fel lord is bad dibs. No one is playing a 5/7 for 8 Mana with no text. At 10 Mana you get 5/7 that sometimes removes a minion. Even if it was a guaranteed effect to kill the minion that you want, there have to be better options.

This card seems flashy but impractical

i'll be holding you to this once RoS releases then ;)

and if i'm wrong, i'll be the first to admit it. 100%. nah, wait, fuck that, 200%.

like i have such faith in this card that i'm willing to put my pride on the line here

It's not too far off from a Ragnoros that triggers at the start of your turn, but as a trade-off you get to pick the target it hits and it has a worse body. It does get to attack though, which is something.

To me that screams "playable as a 25th or 26th card in one particular archetype if the metagame is favorable." If the metagame goes long and value-grindy style achetypes are good, this probably is too. If they aren't, this just winds up being way too slow.

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    I might have gotten confused by hearthpwn's search function.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Betrug->Tap->Draw a Spell

:|

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

ez, 30 minion deck

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Stunning new insights from the devs: Hecklebot has the most recorded lines of any minion, 9 different play lines and 9 different attack lines!

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Stunning new insights from the devs: Hecklebot has the most recorded lines of any minion, 9 different play lines and 9 different attack lines!
    Probably took them about a year to develop that new capability.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Dibbs, for what it's worth, I think Fel has better chance in wild where it's much easier to cheat him into play. So if there's a way to play him without playing fair, he probably has a shot of being very good.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    jdrtmys5yu6s.jpeg

Interesting. Probably too slow though.

Of note for wild players: Skull procs before you draw. (I think.)

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Wild Cubelock also runs a 1 of Sense Demons. The problem is that every other demon you can cheat into play has more immediate impact. Voidlord and Mal'ganis have taunt and pseudo taunt and Doomguard gets to trade with something immediately. You're also not really lacking value, it's usually a Kingsbane Rogue sapping your cheated stuff and killing you on turn 5/6 that does you in, not running out of resources.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Of note for wild players: Skull procs before you draw. (I think.)
    That is correct.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    forty wrote: »

control warlocks don't even run that many spells right now!

i mean obviously that's gonna change because rotation + new spells, but hypothetically let's just look at the situation right now. we've got:

- defile x2
    - hellfire x2
    - spellstone x2
    - bloodreaver guldan, not a spell, but not a minion either so it counts
    - skull of the man'ari, for cubelock/control lock
    - dark pact x2 (only for cubelock)

and that's it, right. sometimes you see a mortal coil or two, sometimes you see a siphon soul, sometimes you see a twisting nether. but the core are those six spells, plus bloodreaver. skull/dark pact depending on which version you're running.

but honestly? not that many spells. warlock decks right now are mostly comprised of minions, and good ones at that.

again, though, this is all going to change, the core of control warlock is getting ripped apart super hard

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    New Paladin Legendary:

xwkptu31m0p21.png

Nozari
    10 Mana
    4/12 Dragon
    Battlecry: Restore both Heroes to full Health.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ah the classic "don't care about control, comes down too late against aggro" heal card

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    that's a really, really bad Reno.

edit: bad legendaries make the game cheaper, so i am 100% supportive, tbh.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    On Betrug being free removal: it's only free removal if you happen to draw a creature before it dies, and you consider 8 mana for a 5/7 with no other abilities a reasonable price.

It doesn't cost you more resources while it's in play, but getting it into play seems priced to include that.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Couple of cards. Spell disruption guy seems better for anti combo than the hecklebot.

0eufbt27aoqy.jpeg
    3t0e5ko3js12.jpeg

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    ah the classic "don't care about control, comes down too late against aggro" heal card

Thing is, Paladin currently has tools for fiddling with costs. I'm not excusing the card, just pointing out they have ways of turning it into a combo of some sort. Like playing the guy that turns your health into armor, then playing this for 1 mana (Prismatic Lens with a Secret).

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    New Paladin Epic (unofficial translation):

izesttw3kj8g.png

Duel
    5 Mana Spell
    Each player summons a minion from their deck.
    They fight.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    New Paladin Epic (unofficial translation):

t3_b6ve0f?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FtqPDHkm.png&token=AQAAHvydXAFxamBKJOUECvEzrcjFDJjcZuE9D2XFvzomwkQlrgxe&app_name=mweb2x

Duel
    5 Mana Spell
    Each player summons a minion from their deck.
    They fight.

More combo disruption. I'm detecting a theme here.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I definitely feel like the post-rotation environment will be biased towards random value generation. I think that if combo decks become enough of a thing that they can be tier 1 or even solid tier 2, then the meta has enough tools to make them pay for it. Year of the Dragon looks like it's going all-in on making Kibler happy.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    I definitely feel like the post-rotation environment will be biased towards random value generation. I think that if combo decks become enough of a thing that they can be tier 1 or even solid tier 2, then the meta has enough tools to make them pay for it. Year of the Dragon looks like it's going all-in on making Kibler happy.

And Kripp very sad. I also like Combo decks, they don't need to be OTK but TTK decks are fair game, all of these cards look to bring down the win rates of those decks significantly.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    As long as we're trending away from 40 damage mind blasts it's all good

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    This is great for my super greedy big boi decks.

Which are like 80% of my decks.
    MWAHHAHHAHAAHAHAHH!!!!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I also unapologetically enjoyed playing Freeze Mage and Worgen Warrior so, yeah. I concede I'm a monster.

I like Duel. I think Nozari is bad for a class legendary, but for control Dragon Paladin it could be okay?

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    New Paladin Legendary:

xwkptu31m0p21.png

Nozari
    10 Mana
    4/12 Dragon

*Malfurian pushes up glasses*
    Foolish Paladin, you’ve buffed my Crystal Stag!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    New Hunter Common:

vso23uebe2p21.png

Marked Shot
    4 Mana Spell
    Deal 4 damage to a minion.
    Discover a spell.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    Good card. Useful for removal and gives you a chance to get a spell that deals face damage to combo with the legendary. I like it.

• Options
    I cannot imagine that gold-plated finger-guards make it easy to use a bow.

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I cannot imagine that gold-plated finger-guards make it easy to use a bow.

Um, they give +agi and hit, of course they make it easier to use a bow.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    New Paladin Legendary:

xwkptu31m0p21.png

Nozari
    10 Mana
    4/12 Dragon

Crystal stag needs you to restore the health, not the paladin.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    New Paladin Legendary:

xwkptu31m0p21.png

Nozari
    10 Mana
    4/12 Dragon

Crystal stag needs you to restore the health, not the paladin.

If it’s coded that way, blizzard will have reached a new level of overcomplication iand confusion in card text.

Edit: if we compare it to Zandslari Templar, the text is identical and that card’s Battlecry activates no matter the source of healing.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ArcsurvivorArcsurvivor CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    In Tavern brawl, I discovered Ysera from Free from Amber. They did not block the discover options outside of the allowed card sets.

Hearthstone: (Wild and Arena)
    Currently Playing on Steam - Journey down Ch 3/ Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Options
    I look forward to the Trolden video of a Marked Shot discovering Marked Shot multiple times in a row. Which when you think about it, wouldn’t be that unlikely.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    In Tavern brawl, I discovered Ysera from Free from Amber. They did not block the discover options outside of the allowed card sets.

Oh yeah that would require work. All card discovery is using standard rules IIRC

• Options
    Log in to see what my new quest is today. Play 30 Shaman cards for 60 gold. Sweet! Let me just reroll this 50 real quick and see what...

yuhxecan8hha.png

DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    "JUST DO THE 50, DOVER!" - Blizzard Developers

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Dover, just play Rush Warrior instead, that'll show 'em.

• Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    I am always amused by the lengths Dover goes to to get 1/10th of a pack.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options

I like to think of it as getting 3 wins, which means playing a lot less games. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

I like to think of it as getting 3 wins, which means playing a lot less games. :)

I think this maybe says a lot. Not that you'd be alone in saying that, I just think this says a lot.