As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Xagar wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Complete second powerful frame in a week
    Get a second Monarch to go with my first
    Have a sad :(

Epilogue:
    Brother texts me about how fun Jotun is in Gambit
    Have another sad :(

To verify: You're forging your frames in Bergusia, correct?

I figured the forge the achievement referred to would suffice but I guess not?

Jotunn can only drop when forging Powerful Frames in Bergusia. All frames can be forged there, regardless of what it says on the frame. Because Bungie.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular

Epilogue:

Jotunn can only drop when forging Powerful Frames in Bergusia. All frames can be forged there, regardless of what it says on the frame. Because Bungie.

I knew the latter but not the former. Cool, I guess...?

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    So this morning I was writing up a memo, and I started spelling "Volunteer" as "Volundyr."

I think I've been playing too much.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Another week, another Last Wish, still no 1KV

I can't believe I went an entire expansion playing the raid weekly and never got the exotic.

I seriously can't believe I'm on track to go the entire next expansion playing the old raid weekly and still never get the exotic.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I want more bosses and boss fights like Insurrection Prime where you kind of need to come up with your own strategy a little instead of jumping through hoops.

Xagar on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

I can't believe I went an entire expansion playing the raid weekly and never got the exotic.

I seriously can't believe I'm on track to go the entire next expansion playing the old raid weekly and still never get the exotic.

For clarity, I literally got my third 1KV last night. It's my second in a row. I assume it's not the same and that the drop rate for it is drastically increased after you get it once, but still...

And Obi isn't the only one of our group who is missing it :rotate:

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

For clarity, I literally got my third 1KV last night. It's my second in a row. I assume it's not the same and that the drop rate for it is drastically increased after you get it once, but still...

I'm the only one that raids twice a week that is missing it.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Is there any version of the D1 starter ship available in D2? I really like the design but I haven't found one yet in D2.

Yeah, all of the Vanguards (Zavala, Ikora, and Cayde) have ships based on that design, but I don't think you can get them anymore. It's maybe possible they could show up in Eververse for some dust

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Is there any version of the D1 starter ship available in D2? I really like the design but I haven't found one yet in D2.

Yeah, Zavala's ship and Ikora's ship are based on that design, but I don't think you can get them anymore. It's maybe possible they could show up in Eververse for some dust

Zavala's Authority was a Season 3 reward for claiming 50 rank-up packages from him and is no longer obtainable
    Ikora's Resolve was a Season 2 Eververse item and since it's exotic, will not come back around for sale so is no longer obtainable
    Queen of Hearts was part of the Cayde's Stash preorder bonus and is no longer obtainable

No other Arcadia-class jumpships have been available in D2. Seems the Vanguard have just been using the surviving ones as their own personal craft :P

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Epilogue:

They do actually tell you this.

They just only tell you once. :P

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

I'm the only one that raids twice a week that is missing it.

Don't worry, bad luck protection will kick in after D3 rolls around. Hahaha, just kidding, there is no bad luck protection! Want one of my four Monarques?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Yeah, Zavala's ship and Ikora's ship are based on that design, but I don't think you can get them anymore. It's maybe possible they could show up in Eververse for some dust

Zavala's Authority was a Season 3 reward for claiming 50 rank-up packages from him and is no longer obtainable
    Ikora's Resolve was a Season 2 Eververse item and since it's exotic, will not come back around for sale so is no longer obtainable
    Queen of Hearts was part of the Cayde's Stash preorder bonus and is no longer obtainable

No other Arcadia-class jumpships have been available in D2. Seems the Vanguard have just been using the surviving ones as their own personal craft :P

They did recently put an Exotic Sparrow from CoO in a bundle box for Silver, so I just never say never. I could see a Vanguard Bundle happening someday for like $20 with the three ships and like some boons or some other shit. Or maybe things will completely change with Eververse since Activision is gone

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options

They did recently put an Exotic Sparrow from CoO in a bundle box for Silver, so I just never say never. I could see a Vanguard Bundle happening someday for like $20 with the three ships and like some boons or some other shit. Or maybe things will completely change with Eververse since Activision is gone

True, they did add a Silver-only bundle with Concentric Dawn in it for some reason. I can't see them re-releasing Zavala's Authority though since it was never an Eververse item. Maybe they'll release a "Zavala's Authority (Temporal)" though with green lights instead of purple :snap:

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    maybe things will completely change with Eververse since Activision is gone

(X) Doubt

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Yeah, I mean, cool they're free of Activision and all but I don't see this magically making the game better. Back when they left Microsoft (those monsters, hooray bungie is free) to sign with Activision (wait what?) it was a real head scratcher. I can't see them making F2P work, they're just too big for Destiny to support the whole org and they're so fucking slow to react and prone to reversing at the 11th hour. I actually kinda figure they might tank and go under if I'm real honest about it. I suppose they have Netease to keep them sort of afloat.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    4th time Beluga Forge.

2nd Jotunn.

If only I could use this luck for 1KV or Anarchy...

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Not having those raid exotics setup as quests like Outbreak Prime or Legend of Acrius was a mistake.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Mountaintop double kills are gonna be the death of me.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    So I'm on a good clip of powering up my warlock, what's a good way to level up the well tree?Because that shit is going S L O W.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Beezel wrote: »
    So I'm on a good clip of powering up my warlock, what's a good way to level up the well tree?Because that shit is going S L O W.

Go to blind well, pick up Harmony, and toss grenades

Alternatively, grab Sunbracers and hit up a Hive Lost Sector like Cargo Bay 3 on Titan and alternate tossing grenades and punching

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    Confession: I'm only leveling my warlock to have more shots at Mr. Joe Tunn. I fell into the trap of actually having fun though whoops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Options
    Well that's because warlock is the best class, of course

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    The best I'll ever do.

8a0d037e-5be9-48e2-8766-2d02315d14d4_Thumbnail.PNG

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Mountaintop double kills are gonna be the death of me.
    Mayhem, tether hunter, fighting lion.

Tether two. Grenade one. Profit

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    c3pycecggnil.png

Well there goes my luck for the month.

• Options
    I played around with Contraverse Hold in IB last night, it was surprisingly effective.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Two-tailed fox may not be top tier DPS, but I'll be damned if I don't love the audio for it.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47579

Among the issues being fixed on January 29th.
    “Knife Flip” Emote: The “Knife Flip” emote does not loop indefinitely.

Hallelujah.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I played around with Contraverse Hold in IB last night, it was surprisingly effective.

Not that surprising. Those gloves are really good. They got some bad initial reviews I think but people quickly figured out they were really good. The damage reduction is hefty and is the main perk. The recharge is just a nice bonus.

• Options
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47579

Among the issues being fixed on January 29th.
    “Knife Flip” Emote: The “Knife Flip” emote does not loop indefinitely.

Hallelujah.
    taking a holistic look at the heavy slot options and how much of an impact it has on loadout choices for PvE content

YES! This really needs to be looked at. The current setup of balance between the weapon slots is strangling the options out of PvE content.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I hope the buffs are noticeable because I want rapid fire autos to be good, they're my favorite bad gun.

• Options
    There's something about the damage scaling in Gambit that makes autos even more terrible than they already are. Even Precisions. So since the 450s aren't gonna be getting a damage buff, they'll probably go from best to worst archetype. Fun!

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    So they are buffing Acrius damage (yay!), but they are only extending the range a bit (boo!).
    Range buff should have been like "extending Acrius to Felwinters Lie range" if they want it to compete with other shotties and Heavies.

• Options
    Any idea what the rotating playlist mode for PvP is going to be next week?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular

I assume based on your mountain top post you are also looking for mayhem

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Disrupter wrote: »

Everyone is looking for Mayhem all of the time

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    They need to take a page from Titanfall 2, unlock all the rotational modes, and make custom playlists a thing.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Not true, I don't like Mayhem one bit.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Update: 20 minutes after I got that double exotic drop I got Apotheosis veil (meh) and Aeon Soul (ew). Everything was something I didn't have on my warlock already but I see balance has been achieved.

Also, I've been playing this warlock roughly 2-3 days and I'm already at 630 PL. if I knew working up an alt would be this painless I would have done it ages ago.

Beezel on
  • Options
    Disrupter wrote: »

Yeah, I want to get this mountaintop ASAP!

smCQ5WE.jpg