As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Don’t worry everything always goes on sale as soon as you buy it, it’s like the buttered toast law, if you drop toast, it will always land on the buttered side cos everything is terrible

Good news is it’s a great game

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Don’t worry everything always goes on sale as soon as you buy it, it’s like the buttered toast law, if you drop toast, it will always land on the buttered side cos everything is terrible

Good news is it’s a great game

I learned from a movie that means the devil is near.

My gf loves MK so any price is worth it really. @Local H Jay better play some online with me. He was my biggest FAN in mk10.
    I play kitana

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I just find it funny Arnold signed off on his likeness being used but was also too busy to record like, 10 lines

I'm surprised they couldn't find anyone who can do a decent impression even. I mean Arnold impersonators must be a dime a dozen. Sounds like they just grabbed Ted from accounting and chucked him in the sound booth.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    It's my understanding that Arnold personally picked the voice actor.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Man Shao khans gear and costumes are so badass. I also just love his whole shtick in this iteration, they really nailed the kind of power rangers villain vibe, he’s just so loveably eeeeeevil

Prohass on
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I just find it funny Arnold signed off on his likeness being used but was also too busy to record like, 10 lines

I'm surprised they couldn't find anyone who can do a decent impression even. I mean Arnold impersonators must be a dime a dozen. Sounds like they just grabbed Ted from accounting and chucked him in the sound booth.

They should have listened to me and gone with Will Sasso. :D

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I want jaxs old school arms but can’t find them. There’s a lot of krypt skins and gear that I don’t have even tho I’ve exhausted every aspect of the krypt, including souls chests, even the shrine or kollector. I’ll occasionally get a piece of gear or skin out of every like 100 which is frustrating cos it’s like, is this shit empty or isn’t it? There’s also a Lui Klang skin with like his basic old school costume that says it’s in the krypt but god knows where it actually is, possibly a kronika time chest, which is a pain in the ass

Also did they definitely fix the shrine giving out duplicate skins?

I had looked this up recently, apparently there was a krypt event where you could get his arms from a kronika vault chest but that was 2 months ago or so.

I don't have evidence of this yet but I'm very confident that if you use Jax on a lot of the Towers of Time that reward a random gear for the character you choose, those arms should be eligible to drop. that's how I'm hoping to get them.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    So can me and my gf, on the same console separate xbl tags and gold accounts, create an online lobby with other people ? Was trying to do this with my nephew and couldn't get it to work.

• Options
    Damn where’s my arnie? I’m guessing the 8Th is an American date, I’m too early

• Options
    Is the only way to change skins really through the customize? Like I can't choose different skins on the fly.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    You can make like 5 or so custom load outs for characters with like a rotation of your favourite skins, but yeah with each character having like 60-70 skins and 90 gear pieces they’ve moved that to the customise screen, rather than scrolling through it at the fight screen

Prohass on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Anyone playing the terminator? I swear his fatality isn’t working, unless I’m somehow spacing on the input

Figured it out, was reading it wrong

Kind of disappointed that they didn’t remove some facial expressions from the terminator with fatal blows. Watching arnie do a big goofy scream with cetrions fatal blow kind of ruins the cold soulless robot vibe

Also some of the textures on the exoskeleton in the outro are super low res which sucks for a normally visually stunning game

Prohass on
  • Options
    Did a tower with arnie. He seems really bad to me.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    His tower definitely sucks shit but he could be good. I need a guide to him tbh.

• Options
    I dunno I like using the shotty and the sound of his machine gun grab. I’m not really a fighting game guy tho so I don’t know the difference between good and bad characters

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Variable wrote: »
    I want jaxs old school arms but can’t find them. There’s a lot of krypt skins and gear that I don’t have even tho I’ve exhausted every aspect of the krypt, including souls chests, even the shrine or kollector. I’ll occasionally get a piece of gear or skin out of every like 100 which is frustrating cos it’s like, is this shit empty or isn’t it? There’s also a Lui Klang skin with like his basic old school costume that says it’s in the krypt but god knows where it actually is, possibly a kronika time chest, which is a pain in the ass

Also did they definitely fix the shrine giving out duplicate skins?

I had looked this up recently, apparently there was a krypt event where you could get his arms from a kronika vault chest but that was 2 months ago or so.

I don't have evidence of this yet but I'm very confident that if you use Jax on a lot of the Towers of Time that reward a random gear for the character you choose, those arms should be eligible to drop. that's how I'm hoping to get them.

From what I can tell if you didn’t get them in the timed krypt event you can never get them. I no longer get gear or skins for jax from the random skin or gear reward for towers, I just get augments. So it looks like if you missed these timed krypt chest events they’re just gone. Or at least until they decide to do another event or have a tower specifically reward you with them

Really annoyed, they’re iconic arms and I have the klassic skin but can’t complete the look

Prohass on
  • Options
    I dunno I like using the shotty and the sound of his machine gun grab. I’m not really a fighting game guy tho so I don’t know the difference between good and bad characters

His moves don't kombo into anything . Maybe he's good but he feels boring.

Also, did this game not sell well? I'm getting achievements for doing 2 fatalities with characters and it says they're rare achievements. Those seem pretty easy to pop

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »

Also, did this game not sell well? I'm getting achievements for doing 2 fatalities with characters and it says they're rare achievements. Those seem pretty easy to pop

I’d thought on launch it did better than any prior Netherrealm title.

• Options
    There are definitely terminator combos people are doing and his damage is great.

My favorite change right now is they have further reduced the requirements for character towers, and drastically so. Like 25 wins instead of 75 on the fifth tower. And everything else is similarly scaled down. Made me so happy as I'm working through lots of em.

Sorry to hear about the Jax arms. I'll be supremely bummed if they don't at least put them on sale.

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »

I’d thought on launch it did better than any prior Netherrealm title.

I thought to sold well. How the hell are these rare achievements then?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Most people only play one or two characters

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    There are definitely terminator combos people are doing and his damage is great.

My favorite change right now is they have further reduced the requirements for character towers, and drastically so. Like 25 wins instead of 75 on the fifth tower. And everything else is similarly scaled down. Made me so happy as I'm working through lots of em.

Sorry to hear about the Jax arms. I'll be supremely bummed if they don't at least put them on sale.

Oh thank fuck. The crazy tower requirements kinda made me bounce off MK11 some time ago. Maybe I'll get back into it now. Might wait until the rest of the DLC hits, though.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    depending how long ago you played they'd already lowered it once, this is a further lowering. I'm pretty dedicated to the grind in this game for some reason (I like the game but I rarely if ever will engage like this with a straight up grind) and even for me the 5th tier of the towers was over the top after that nerf to the requirements so I'm glad they've brought it more generally within reason. I shouldn't have to run the insanely long classic tower multiple times just to be able to start the last tier... once, sure, I'll deal with that (25 wins when it was 75 last week)

edit - I wish they'd just have made the requirements retroactive but that would mean they'd actually have to raise them again because so many wins/etc. would be built in to the character tower itself, and there may be other reasons that doesn't make sense the way I think it does.

Variable on
  • Options
    Jax classic arms will be available Sunday.. The game has a notification right now..

Also, I am quite sure I got skins for beating towers random skin reward that were explained as kronica vault chest, premiere tower, AND question marks. But still specifically nothing that's been available through krypt events (the Jax arms and a particular liu kang skin I want)

• Options
    Jax classic arms will be available Sunday.. The game has a notification right now..

Also, I am quite sure I got skins for beating towers random skin reward that were explained as kronica vault chest, premiere tower, AND question marks. But still specifically nothing that's been available through krypt events (the Jax arms and a particular liu kang skin I want)

Do they have a specific time? I’m Australian. I guess I’ll just keep checking in the next few days

• Options
    it does say in game, but for anyone that doesn't see it's listed as 2pm CDT... I believe that's 3PM my time EDT.

here's to hoping they do more of these for the other items that had krypt events. idk how I missed them all, I wonder if they've still been going on recently and I just remain unaware. idk where to find out.

• Options
    jax arms are up for 3 hours! they're on the bridge above the pit.

here's to hoping they redo the other events at some point, but I know nothing has gotten them as much talk as the jax arms...

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I don’t suppose anyone else but Jax can equip the Jax arms, huh

• Options
    How the hell do you do brutal towers? I need the ai to beat it at regular level

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Consumables

Equip a Shard of Life, then air strikes or your favourite damage consumable (I find the most devastating are Takeda’s Kunai and Special Forces Radio (airstrike bombs).

You can also make consumables with recipes in the krypt at the forge, just look up the ingredients online. I just crouch block and consumable spam them

Here’s a good list for the krypt forge
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/bk6oxq/krypt_forge_recipes_gear_konsumables/

If you’re not into consumables then they are basically impossible unless you’re really good at fighting games

Prohass on
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    by the end of thanksgiving weekend I'm gonna have all the character towers done. the second wave of requirement lowering made it somewhat reasonable for someone who was unemployed and willing to run AI towers a lot of the day. I got a job now, yay, so for most of them I'm saving towers 4 and 5 (ones that will take dedicated klassic tower runs to unlock everything, but at least one 1 run instead of like 3-4 it would have required before) til I have a few konsecutive days off.

I'm proud neither of what I have done nor what I am doing

edit - oh and bless the steam overlay feature

Variable on
  • Options
    Kinda looks exactly how I was expecting. Still hoping we get Sheeva eventually.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    so, I got an alert today for another krypt event saturday

except after a quick google, I think it was last saturday? It won't actually matter but I'm gonna be pretty put off if that's the case. I was playing all day saturday, no alert what so ever. so fingers crossed.

• Options
    so, I got an alert today for another krypt event saturday

except after a quick google, I think it was last saturday? It won't actually matter but I'm gonna be pretty put off if that's the case. I was playing all day saturday, no alert what so ever. so fingers crossed.

What are krypt events?

• Options
    they're basically timed chests that appear. originally they were each for 24 hours but they reran the most popular one (a jax gear piece that gives him his classic arms) for 3 hours a few weekends ago, and now they're doing a scorpion one either this coming weekend or last weekend.

they're extremely poorly announced which imo defeats the purpose. I play the hell out of this game but I've no reason to go in the krypt anymore unless I know something's happening.

specifically they appear as gold kronika chests, in specific places depending on the event.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    *Sindel trailer*

A pissed off Black Canary with shampoo commercial quality hair, what elder god did I please?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/_7mB-8QUam0

Looks like they tweaked his design a little. Something about him still doesn't look quite right? I'm not sure what it is.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/RcZ6kCVbc5o

Ok, Joker's fatality is pretty good.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    He looks way better than the original screens released. Looks great, not personally interested in joker, but he looks great and so do the skins for other characters, like the bat who laughs for noob. I bet it will sell loads in single character purchase dlc downloads