Options

join us in glorious pod-hood [jobs]

1246799

Posts

  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    So the person who got the promotion I was going for is exactly the person I'd have picked if I was on the hiring committee instead of in the applicant pool, so that's good. I'm feeling kind of jilted in a "Even if I ain't care to dance it's nice to be asked" kind of way, but I don't feel robbed. Time to continue doing the job I was happy doing in the first place, I guess!

    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    synergize ALL the buzzwords!

    This is good because synergize is a double-speak word for firing people.
    What business newspeak isn't?

  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    So the person who got the promotion I was going for is exactly the person I'd have picked if I was on the hiring committee instead of in the applicant pool, so that's good. I'm feeling kind of jilted in a "Even if I ain't care to dance it's nice to be asked" kind of way, but I don't feel robbed. Time to continue doing the job I was happy doing in the first place, I guess!

    Well that's good! Hopefully another position will come up that suites you as well!

    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Re: amex

    Apparently any payments you make go first towards the pay over time balance and not your monthly charge balance so my pay over time balance is zero but now the statement I just got today wants the entire last months charge balance in two weeks.

    That is silly and defeats the purpose of pay over time.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Noooo! I’m sorry.

    I got my first ever Christmas bonus... and it is instantly going on repairing my car from a really silly accident I was 100% at fault for. -_-

    I was thinking of Monday off, but my assistant said ‘I’m excited to come in on Monday and help out!’, plus the other managers will all be working, so...

    Will Monday be a big day for you guys? Gift ... baskets?
    It’ll be a busy day. That’s why the store managers are expected to be there - upper management likes managers to be actually present. (Store managers are also expected to turn up - at least for an hour or two - on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day).

    HR and I have a little more flexibility, since we have no one reporting to us - or had, rather, since now I have my assistant.

    And tbh, I do need to go in. Have to have everything up to date by Jan 8th!

  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »
    Re: amex

    Apparently any payments you make go first towards the pay over time balance and not your monthly charge balance so my pay over time balance is zero but now the statement I just got today wants the entire last months charge balance in two weeks.

    That is silly and defeats the purpose of pay over time.

    I'll have to call them. My vacation booking should have gone into the PoT bucket.

  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Also I was worried about porch pirates all day but just got home and all the presents are at my door!

  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Porch pirates huh?

    https://youtu.be/xoxhDk-hwuo

  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

    Oh yeah hmm
    Well after there were various gangs of people or just people stealing packages and were caught on camera the police here basically shrugged and said they were too busy to do anything about it.
    Various community and neighborhood groups quickly pop up and the police quickly change their mind about it.
    They now set bait packages and wait {the police do}

  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »
    Re: amex

    Apparently any payments you make go first towards the pay over time balance and not your monthly charge balance so my pay over time balance is zero but now the statement I just got today wants the entire last months charge balance in two weeks.

    That is silly and defeats the purpose of pay over time.

    I'll have to call them. My vacation booking should have gone into the PoT bucket.

    So apparently I was fucking up by making payments at the of the week reflecting what I'd charged on the card that week, instead of just waiting for the next monthly statement, so since to them I didn't have an immediate pay in full balance, it was all routed to PoT. They've moved the vacation charge back to PoT, and now I have a much more reasonable bill. If things had worked like I thought they did, I'd have a bill of about $43. Instead I'm now looking at around $300 instead of the mid $500s. I had used the charge account for $643 and already made payments of $600, but most of that went towards to the long term debts.

    This card is complicated.

  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    And now that I am home. Well I am going to write up 5 people one I feel I am going to outright fire for today alone {He spent a good chunk of the shift on his phone either texting or talking on it while I helped him get pallets for the backhaul he called someone and had they bring sonic to him then loudly said Truck's Full! when there was a whole other trailer to fill and the first one still had room for 5 more stacks}
    He also has a girl he is dating or trying to get side action with visit him she works here as well I have told the CSM on duty her boss she does this but it still happens {yesterday and today she visited him while on the GM line for the truck.
    The other support was a ghost most of the day which doesn't really help the above problems.

    I taunted one employee because today was an easy day about how he was taking forever to do his job he said I had to help customers. I taunted him with I could I have put you in baking and you would have to answer why we don't have a long list of items.
    He walked away
    I did the line then water and pulled part of the backhaul and pulled the whole backroom by myself I am tired and I still walked home

    There is a owl outside of my house making hoo hoo noises

  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    the weirdest part about my current job is how I acquired the skillset for it

    a lifetime of reading announcements, apologies and outreaches from videogame companies means that I have innate, intuitive knowledge on how to compose a hell of a PR Blast for investors

    Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Janson wrote: »
    Noooo! I’m sorry.

    I got my first ever Christmas bonus... and it is instantly going on repairing my car from a really silly accident I was 100% at fault for. -_-

    I was thinking of Monday off, but my assistant said ‘I’m excited to come in on Monday and help out!’, plus the other managers will all be working, so...

    Will Monday be a big day for you guys? Gift ... baskets?
    It’ll be a busy day. That’s why the store managers are expected to be there - upper management likes managers to be actually present. (Store managers are also expected to turn up - at least for an hour or two - on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day).

    HR and I have a little more flexibility, since we have no one reporting to us - or had, rather, since now I have my assistant.

    And tbh, I do need to go in. Have to have everything up to date by Jan 8th!

    You're open on Christmas day? That sucks.

  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Janson wrote: »
    Noooo! I’m sorry.

    I got my first ever Christmas bonus... and it is instantly going on repairing my car from a really silly accident I was 100% at fault for. -_-

    I was thinking of Monday off, but my assistant said ‘I’m excited to come in on Monday and help out!’, plus the other managers will all be working, so...

    Will Monday be a big day for you guys? Gift ... baskets?
    It’ll be a busy day. That’s why the store managers are expected to be there - upper management likes managers to be actually present. (Store managers are also expected to turn up - at least for an hour or two - on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day).

    HR and I have a little more flexibility, since we have no one reporting to us - or had, rather, since now I have my assistant.

    And tbh, I do need to go in. Have to have everything up to date by Jan 8th!

    You're open on Christmas day? That sucks.

    People are dreaming of a green Christmas

  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I don't have to work tomorrow but I am here for a half day today

  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Woke up one minute before my alarm this morning, only gotta go in for five hours, and all of our stores are closed tomorrow.

  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So looking forward to outbound collections calls today. We close at 6pm today so I had to modify my schedule and work 9:30am to 6pm today. I hope there isn't any traffic.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    They are approving anyone who wants to use vacation time to go home early today and I'm very tempted.

  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    So looking forward to outbound collections calls today. We close at 6pm today so I had to modify my schedule and work 9:30am to 6pm today. I hope there isn't any traffic.

    I know you already do not like you job, and I want you to know ahead of time, good luck and godspeed. I know collections on Christmas Eve has to be the worst. Much love.

  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I am really struggling. I need a mental health day but being the only accounting person when it’s the end of the year I cannot afford to stop. I would only be screwing myself over.

  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I wanted to wait for this thread to become available again to tell y'all a discovery I had last week.

    While sitting down with my mother to figure out my federal student loans for grad school (which I didn't get into it, so I'll have to apply to the 2nd deadline in February), she noticed on my pay-stub from the school district that I actually have accumulated sick hours.

    This perplexed me because I am a contracted employee and I just presumed I got nothing from them.

    So I called the payroll department for the district, hoping I could cash them in or do anything with them.

    Well, I called and was notified that due to a new state law they have to provide any government contractors with sick hours. But as I'm not an official district employee, I am barred from using those sick hours. I can't cash them in and the only way I could get access to them is if I was a long-term sub who worked for longer than 23 consecutive days.

    unfair.gif

    Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I wanted to wait for this thread to become available again to tell y'all a discovery I had last week.

    While sitting down with my mother to figure out my federal student loans for grad school (which I didn't get into it, so I'll have to apply to the 2nd deadline in February), she noticed on my pay-stub from the school district that I actually have accumulated sick hours.

    This perplexed me because I am a contracted employee and I just presumed I got nothing from them.

    So I called the payroll department for the district, hoping I could cash them in or do anything with them.

    Well, I called and was notified that due to a new state law they have to provide any government contractors with sick hours. But as I'm not an official district employee, I am barred from using those sick hours. I can't cash them in and the only way I could get access to them is if I was a long-term sub who worked for longer than 23 consecutive days.

    unfair.gif

    Errrrrr, is that legal? I'd check with the state.

  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    So gross they are trying to work around the intent of the law in your state.

    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    schuss wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I wanted to wait for this thread to become available again to tell y'all a discovery I had last week.

    While sitting down with my mother to figure out my federal student loans for grad school (which I didn't get into it, so I'll have to apply to the 2nd deadline in February), she noticed on my pay-stub from the school district that I actually have accumulated sick hours.

    This perplexed me because I am a contracted employee and I just presumed I got nothing from them.

    So I called the payroll department for the district, hoping I could cash them in or do anything with them.

    Well, I called and was notified that due to a new state law they have to provide any government contractors with sick hours. But as I'm not an official district employee, I am barred from using those sick hours. I can't cash them in and the only way I could get access to them is if I was a long-term sub who worked for longer than 23 consecutive days.

    http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2012/12/unfair.gif

    Errrrrr, is that legal? I'd check with the state.

    As a contract employee I could, as a form of reprisal, be legally frozen out of all work if I did this.

    I WONDER WHY THERE IS A SUB SHORTAGE....

    Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Seems like a situation where they're going to keep doing it until someone sues them over it

    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    More holiday pay fuck yeah! Plus my yearly VA disability CoL increase. Money money money

  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Janson wrote: »
    I am really struggling. I need a mental health day but being the only accounting person when it’s the end of the year I cannot afford to stop. I would only be screwing myself over.

    Yeah I hear you. I’m both physically sick and mentally drained, but I can’t take a day off.

    Javen on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Dear leads

    Because my vehicle had no chargers and a bad usb port, and because my phone at a 47 % charge, and this new app uses energy constantly for its constant internet connection

    I drove across the lake to take another phone to finish my bloody route.


    Signed royce

    Really happy i have a girlfriend, else that party full of somali 20 somethings next to the client site would have broken my heart.

  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I have to go back to work on Thursday.

    Boo! Boo-urns!

    oh h*ck
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Deer getting attacked by coyote on client site

    I can see downtown seattle from here.

  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »
    I have to go back to work on Thursday.

    Boo! Boo-urns!

    I go back tomorrow but I fear I will be the only sucker
    I have a deep feeling the lame storm messed up the delivery schedule for the trucks {we were playing catch up from Friday on Sunday} But it really snowed today 5+ inches so I feel a Kafkaesque level of doom right now

  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    I am really struggling. I need a mental health day but being the only accounting person when it’s the end of the year I cannot afford to stop. I would only be screwing myself over.

    It's just a job, remember

    It's important to take care of your health

  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Back at work today. Not the easiest adjustment waking up at 5am again.

  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    TheStig wrote: »
    Seems like a situation where they're going to keep doing it until someone sues them over it

    "We're legally required to provide you with hours... but they didn't say we had to let you use them!"

    Yeah that's one of those situations where they're technically in compliance with the law, probably, but if a judge or the DOL got wind of it they'd be in for a very rough fiscal year.

    bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Also, we have a mouse infestation at work.

    Gee maybe you should've listened to bowen when he said that you're going to get bugs and rats when the cleaning company plays passive aggressive with cardboard boxes filled with food that should be binned instead of pulled out, covered in trash juice mind you, and placed on the floor next to the garbage.

    So now I get to be smug.

    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Having a day off in the middle of the week fucks with my internal clock something fierce.

  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    We're having a blizzard today. First they delayed opening until 10am, then delayed opening until noon. Now they are cancelling work altogether. I'm glad they had the sense to close the building because it is a mess out there and there is more snow and high winds to come. I'd rather have no snow at all but if it's going to snow, we might as well get a day off out of it.

  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I slept like garbage last night so I feel like hot trash today

  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Back at work after a week and a half off

    Lol @ 1200 emails. Not reading youuuuuuuuu

  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Awesome. Just found out this morning that I'm working this Saturday even though I worked the last one. Cool cool cool.

This discussion has been closed.