As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Awesome Games Done Quick 2024: IT’S OVER

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    only imgur links for html5 video files ending in .gifv are enabled to embed on here

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    i might have to watch this RE run on vod... in past years the late night RE runs have been so low energy that it's almost literally ResidentSleeper but this one sounds pretty good so far

It was a p good wesker and co

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Whoooof, this game

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Whoooof, this game

...Which game? I get to sleep through all the big runs, so names of the interesting things that happen would help with finding the right vods later on.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Angel of Darkness

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    That was a fun run to watch though, good commentary. And lol flossing donations with a physics pop quiz.

Also I wasn't aware that the Killer Wail was actually a megaphone for a booyah. Or... maybe it's just Pearl.

That's what it is.

Hence killer wail.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    That was a fun run to watch though, good commentary. And lol flossing donations with a physics pop quiz.

Also I wasn't aware that the Killer Wail was actually a megaphone for a booyah. Or... maybe it's just Pearl.

That's what it is.

Hence killer wail.

Well, sure. But the speaker-like shape could have just been an aesthetic rather than a an actual component of its function. It does still have to spray ink somehow.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »

That's what it is.

Hence killer wail.

Well, sure. But the speaker-like shape could have just been an aesthetic rather than a an actual component of its function. It does still have to spray ink somehow.

It also didn't necessarilly involve the user actually yelling into it.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »

That's what it is.

Hence killer wail.

Does it lay down ink? I thought it was just concentrated sound that could pass through walls, I didn't think it actually contributed to scoring turf.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    It helps score if it kills, but I don’t think it actually had an active ink component, like the Sting Ray does.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Seeing the ending of Octo expansion was like
    "Wait...this seems familiar. Did I just see this in the God of War 2 run?"

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    This game is just Zelda 2!

Does Nintendo know?

sig.gif
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    j41deBc.png

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

Does Nintendo know?

Nintendo disavows all knowledge of Zelda 2.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

Does Nintendo know?

That’s ok I’ll adopt it. I actually like Zelda II. Also Battle of Olympus as well. Played that one as a kid a bunch, still do every now and then today.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    They didn't disavow it entirely, it's on the NES Classic

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    also, it even gets a bunch of references in Breath of the Wild

they just haven't really returned to the 2d sidescrolling playstyle, and that's not really necessary with the modern 3D ones

• Options
    I've never seen the waterfalls in Doki Doki Panic before. Read about them sure but holy shit.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    that was some legendary feedback

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

Does Nintendo know?

That’s ok I’ll adopt it. I actually like Zelda II. Also Battle of Olympus as well. Played that one as a kid a bunch, still do every now and then today.

Battle of Olympus was a favorite of mine as a kid. I still really like it. Crete was so awful to figure out though. It's hard and a maze and ahhhh.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    that was some legendary feedback
    Fucking hell I'd turned up my speakers to listen to the run all loud-like and then that shit happened. What even caused it?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Man, it feels weird seeing a game you KNOW you've beaten (in this case Rayman 2) and don't recognize anything about it, in terms of a level. And yet moving onto the next level, I totally recognize it.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular

Does Nintendo know?

Battle of Olympus was a favorite of mine as a kid. I still really like it. Crete was so awful to figure out though. It's hard and a maze and ahhhh.

Yeah I wandered aimlessly through there for sure as a kid, especially since I was looking for all the ambrosias.

• Options
    rayman 2 was a good run, liked the commentary.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    bastion and momodora coming up

hell yeah

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    oh geeze it's insane mode too

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    qBiA0WJ.jpg

• Options
    Still more actually serious than Sonic Forces.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Sanic Ball.
    Fasts per hour, oh my god.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Reminder of what they noted on the stream - Sanicball dot com is a scam site, that is not where you get the game from.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Holy cow that Sanicball is now my favorite game ever.

I was not expecting the last level and the extra characters.

Edit: The energy coming off this Sonic 1 run is infectious.

Athenor on
  • Options
    that sonic 1 run was great

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    that run was absolutely nuts and i speak from experience as someone who used to run the glitched% category

• Options
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    dang, 60k octopath traveller incentive just opened up.

• Options
    This just came to my attention - Sumichu tweeted about what happened with that massive feedback problem earlier today:
    The hotel decided to let an AV company test their PA system (which we don’t use) in our stream room for unknown reasons and without our knowledge or consent. The tester dropped the microphone he was holding, resulting in the noise that disrupted the event.
    If anyone missed it, it was... fucking LOUD.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I can only imagine how loud it was in the room, for how loud it was on the stream.

• Options
    I dunno how I missed it but GrandPOObear's baby arrived. He just donated to the event during the Mario 3 Mix race.