As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Marvel] Thread: Now in WandaVision!

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Just pass out time stones; if you need to pause the movie, just pause time itself, that way nobody else gets upset.

if i go that long without pissing you KNOW i'm gonna have a time stone!!!

If you’ve got access to a Time Stone, maybe you have access to the others as well.

Space Stone Pee Portals sound convenient. Bonus: doesn’t have to lead to a terlet.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Angelina Jolie is getting ready to make her first foray into the world of superhero movies.

The Oscar-winning actress is in talks to star in Marvel Studios' The Eternals, a superhero team adventure feature being directed by Chloe Zhao.

Jolie has chosen the Marvel project based on the Jack Kirby-created title about super-powered and near-immortal beings known as Eternals and a more monstrous off-shoot known as the Deviants that were created by the cosmic beings called Celestials.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh she is 100% playing Sersi

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    You were on to some wild ass shit Jack, god love you

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I know NOTHING about the Eternals, apparently

I thought a Thanos was one?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    half-eternal, half-deviant

that will likely be dropped from his backstory in the mcu

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Who plays MCU Starfox

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

Thanos is one of a small group of Eternals that left Earth and went to live on Titan. (also most alien species have their own versions of Eternals and Deviants due to the Celestials experimenting all around the universe).

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I 100% don't believe anyone could pass a IS THIS AN INHUMAN OR IS THIS AN ETERNAL quiz.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Quick run down.

Collossal Alien Energy Beings in Robot Bodies called the Celestials came to earth and messed with early ancestors of man. They made 3 offshoots.

-Us Humans, who have incredibly genetic potential that gets unleashed by radiation, x-gene etc. etc.
    -Deviants - beings with extrodinary and often aethetically displeasing mutations
    -Eternals, basically a paragon race of immortals with superpowers.

The eternals, being off in their own universe, eventually become the basis of the greek Pantheon and myths. WHen they got merged into the main marvel univese, there was a weird accord so they could coexist with the actual greek pantheon.

Anywho, a group of these Eternals eventually left Earth and built an artifical moon around Jupiter that they named Titan. Thier chief scientist, A'lars aka Mentor had a son named Thanos who was born with a Deviant gene, which is why he's big and purple.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Who plays MCU Starfox

Isn’t Stallone’s character in Guardians 2 supposed to be Starfox

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    I 100% don't believe anyone could pass a IS THIS AN INHUMAN OR IS THIS AN ETERNAL quiz.
    You should know better

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Who plays MCU Starfox

No, he's Stakar aka Starhawk.

• Options
    Who plays MCU Starfox

Starhawk

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    You should know better

I just checked with science and I am absolutely correct

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    You should know better

Gus you know my brain is at least 60% comics

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Who plays MCU Starfox

Starhawk

Pretty sure his name is Falco Lombardi

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    no one would be able to pass it because no one would stay awake long enough to finish

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited March 2019
    You should know better

What was the doctor's face like when they gave you the ct scan results?

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

try me

• Options
    I'd be down for that quiz too.

• Options
    This would require my working knowledge of the Inhumans being more than there is a dude with a tuning fork and a big dog. And for The Eternals didn't Neil Gaimain write something with them?

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    You should know better

What was the doctor's face like when they gave you the ct scan results?
    inyp5yuiu83j.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    If it weren't for Gorgon and Medusa, you could just go "The ones whose names are varients of mythological greek things are Eternals" and be right like 99% of the time.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Who plays MCU Starfox

Neil Patrick Harris. Starfox is basically Barney Stinson with an explicit power of "able to get laid despite being a creepy predator"

• Options
    I think MCU Starfox never happens, honestly

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I can see them doing him, but making him just read emotions instead of manipulating them.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I can see them doing him, but making him just read emotions instead of manipulating them.

His power is going to be empathy?

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options

His power is going to be empathy?

Empath, but yes. You could extent it out so he knows when people are lying and stuff, but in general he's already an immortal being at peak physical condition. Giving him a lower key power like Empathy is acceptable, as he can still do Titan kung fu or shoot ray guns if you need him to do something flashy.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    This would require my working knowledge of the Inhumans being more than there is a dude with a tuning fork and a big dog. And for The Eternals didn't Neil Gaimain write something with them?

Yes, Neil Gaiman wrote a 2007 Eternals miniseries.

• Options
    Mantis is already an empath though

Not that multiple MCU characters can't have similar powers but I don't see them trying to rehab a character that isn't really beloved who has a history of being a creep with creepy powers

Hell even Donny Cates is using him by mostly just ignoring everything that isn't "Thanos' brother" and making him a heel

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    zekebeau wrote: »
    Who plays MCU Starfox

Neil Patrick Harris. Starfox is basically Barney Stinson with an explicit power of "able to get laid despite being a creepy predator"

Technically, Starfox gets laid because he's a creepy predator.

• Options
    I just re-read Secret Warriors after the big Hickman X-Men announcement and Journey into Mystery looking like its involving both Sebastian and Phobos.

That book still totally rules. Does a fantastic job walking the tightrope of making Nick Fury an enjoyable protaganist while also being a complete asshole no one should emulate. And Team White is such a likable ensemble across the board For how much some of his original characters in Avengers got a raw deal, its easy to forget how great Hickman is creating new heroes.

It also does the whole "recontextualize events that previously occured with new info/perspective" thing, which I am a sucker for, extremely well which helps that ending land as well as it does.

Love that book.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I'm bored at work, so here is a question I have been waiting to explore in here with y'all.

The MCU is a PG-13 franchise of films. In our contemporary movie culture, PG-13 films are allowed one use of FUCK in their movie.

Where do you think their single FUCK would be best used in each of the MCU films?

I'm going to do my best to do this movie by movie

Captain America Civil War: Spider-Man yells "WHAT THE FUCK" when Ant-Man gets big

This has SO MUCH amazing potential to me because Tony, being literally the only person there who knows how old Peter really is, would almost definitely be like "language!"

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Who plays MCU Starfox

and who plays MCU Falco

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Who plays MCU Starfox

and who plays MCU Falco
    Who plays MCU Starfox

Starhawk

Pretty sure his name is Falco Lombardi

Apparently it’s Sylvester Stallone

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So idk how this shit works

Obviously Starfox is a Nintendo game, so wouldn’t they get into a fight or something with Marvel? Or can no one like own that name?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    So idk how this shit works

Obviously Starfox is a Nintendo game, so wouldn’t they get into a fight or something with Marvel? Or can no one like own that name?

Nono, that's Star Fox.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    disney to buy nintendo confirmed

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    disney to buy nintendo confirmed

"we're gonna stop them putting a nintendo land at universal studios or die trying"

This discussion has been closed.