As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Used the 5+1 ticket. Got T. Terra #2. Awakened her to 7*.

She's now unenhanced, level 101, unmoogled, unpotted. Is it worth investing resources in her in the current meta? I have Fryevia, Christine (with STMR, no less), and Barbariccia. Not to mention, I'll be going ham on the Elly banner.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Seems like you already have your answer.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    She has turn 1 unelemental damage, though. Fryevia, Christine, and Barbariccia are stuck with ice and wind. Bosses resistant to those will kick their asses. And T1 damage is good for OTKO strats.

MK 5* ticket gave me DKC #3. Fuck you too, game.

[edit] Anyone notice how both Jecht and Tidus do this thing in their LB where they stab their swords into the ground, jump on it, then jump up in the air and kick something at the enemy?

[edit] That use sword to jump in the air thing is part of Tidus' Blitz Ace overdrive in FFX. That's what his LB, also called Blitz Ace, is based on. Jecht's LB is called Ultimate Jecht Shot and doesn't have the jumping part in FFX.

Also, I watched the scene where Tidus has a flashback to when he was learning the Jecht Shot. Jecht was all like, you can't do it, this super famous move named after me; no one can. And after Tidus finally learned it, his buddies asked, what's that called? Tidus answers, "Doesn't have a name. Anyone can do it if they try."

Just a giant fuck you to Jecht.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    [edit] Anyone notice how both Jecht and Tidus do this thing in their LB where they stab their swords into the ground, jump on it, then jump up in the air and kick something at the enemy?
    1) Jecht is Tidus’ dad.
    2) They’re both the superawesomest blitzball players in the world (omg so cool!!!1)
    3) They have basically the same plot arc

This means they gave them the same LB but while whiny kid gets to chain with a bouncy ball, big daddy gets to bicycle kick a meteor to finish.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    5+1 had Tifa #1

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I was going to save my 5+1 ticket but I saw all the luck here. 1 gold 5 blues. Don't be like me folks. Save that shit.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I was going to save my 5+1 ticket but I saw all the luck here. 1 gold 5 blues. Don't be like me folks. Save that shit.

For what? It'll be a gold and five blues anytime you use it.

Mine was too. :bro:

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I got lucky once upon a time and got a 2B in one. So it seems like it's good to hoard for a limited banner.

But it's so statistically small that it might as well not have a chance.

• Options
    I went ahead and did 1 lap against my better judgement. I was NOT disappointed!
    t1d3575f7gw4.jpg
    8xs8ncipagsa.jpg
    vt4i21kevwlh.jpg
    lt9relbinw0c.jpg
    That was 7 rainbows in one lap! Lots of #1 units - Olive, Circe, Jecht. #2 of CG Nichol, Prompto. #2 & 3 of Auron.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    maraji wrote: »
    1) Jecht is Tidus’ dad.
    2) They’re both the superawesomest blitzball players in the world (omg so cool!!!1)

This means they gave them the same LB but while whiny kid gets to chain with a bouncy ball, big daddy gets to bicycle kick a meteor to finish.
    Calling Tidus whiny seems kind of... unfair? Honestly, in all Jecht probably whines more proportionally to screen time than Tidus does, it's just he wraps it up in a cheap facade of grr manly, but the ones who actually man up and break things down are Yuna and Tidus.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Drascin wrote: »
    maraji wrote: »
    1) Jecht is Tidus’ dad.

Calling Tidus whiny seems kind of... unfair? Honestly, in all Jecht probably whines more proportionally to screen time than Tidus does, it's just he wraps it up in a cheap facade of grr manly, but the ones who actually man up and break things down are Yuna and Tidus.
    I quit playing long before Jecht showed up because I couldn’t stand Tidus, so if Jecht is worse I guess I made the right choice ;)

Edit: thinking about it more, you’re right. Whiny isn’t the right adjective. Annoying? Frustrating? Unsympathetic? I’ll need to go back and play some to remember....

maraji on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

Yeah, at this point with a 5+1 I just hope for some decent TMR fodder.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Yeah, at this point with a 5+1 I just hope for some decent TMR fodder.

NO WAY.

I read this post and figured out it was right, so I stared the game to use my ticket. Used one and got tmr fodder. Then I realized I had 2 more tickets...

Used one, rainbow appeared. Got THREE rainbows. Tidus #2, Knight Delita #1 and Delita #4. Yes, it is my 4th Delita... But 3 Rainbows in a 5+1 ticket? Still impressive.

Edit.- Used my last 5+1 ticket... Cloud #5. Hahaha.

Joe Camacho MKII on
    steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    According to reddit (and a datamine) Shiva's 50% Stop Resist will now stack additively with units with 50% innate Stop resist - such as M.Ramza. I am very glad I haven't really done anything with my Shiva's SP - I can at least grab that Stop Resist to have him 100% Stop Resist for Arena.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    According to reddit (and a datamine) Shiva's 50% Stop Resist will now stack additively with units with 50% innate Stop resist - such as M.Ramza. I am very glad I haven't really done anything with my Shiva's SP - I can at least grab that Stop Resist to have him 100% Stop Resist for Arena.

Hotfix in 3... 2... 1...

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

Hotfix in 3... 2... 1...

I can see the notice now:
    " - Fixed Stop Resist stacking incorrectly.
    - Fixed a glitch showing Randi as being able to be awakened to 7*. That will never happen.
    - Added more graphical glitches because fuck you that's why."

• Options
    I'll admit, I kinda like the graphical glitches. The chest cracks me up every single time.

• Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    Used the 5+1 ticket. Got T. Terra #2. Awakened her to 7*.

She's now unenhanced, level 101, unmoogled, unpotted. Is it worth investing resources in her in the current meta? I have Fryevia, Christine (with STMR, no less), and Barbariccia. Not to mention, I'll be going ham on the Elly banner.

For what it's worth TTerra is by far my favorite 7* unit to use if you can get her fully enhanced and slap her tmr on her

I know those are somewhat annoying prerequisites, but goddamn is she fun to use with the first-round quadcast. I don't really worry much about pulling for specific meta units anymore (and based on your own mage options we're both in the same solid 7* boat), so that is definitely a factor, but TTerra at 7* with a friend along has consistently resulted in the most laughable cheese I've had in the game since her inception

I also happen to have a 7* DFina though so I'm probably a hair biased? The combo of Dfina dark imperil + TTerra quadcasting is just the silliest bullshit outside of lilith arena teams that FFBE has to offer right now

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Mini update video for CNY is up. Wave battle event, and a trial boss on the second week. Gotta see the datamine, but the descriptions of the new units make them sound really good.

Yun's STMR looks great for him, maybe not for others. TDW materia that also has 40% ATK with dagger, fist, mace or whip (his primary weapons). Yun is also supposed to pick up some other chaining families,

Ang's STMR is also fantastic for himself, 60% ATK with bow and TDH.

• Options
    Biggest thing for the new Bard is his performance skills reapply every turn, so dispels are less of a problem. Will have to see what the specifics are to make a decision about whether he is worth it over more flexible buffers.

Qin also has magic Marshall Gloves as his TMR (Accessory, 40MAG, 20% HP, MAG TDH)

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    So I've been having terrible luck with bonus monsters in this FFX event, and as such I decided to throw a couple tickets at the banner in hopes of an Auron. First one came down a rainbow! Could it be? I thought. Is it really going to be this easy? I tapped it and... Emperor #1. Game, are you even real?

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Zomro wrote: »
    Mini update video for CNY is up. Wave battle event, and a trial boss on the second week. Gotta see the datamine, but the descriptions of the new units make them sound really good.

Yun's STMR looks great for him, maybe not for others. TDW materia that also has 40% ATK with dagger, fist, mace or whip (his primary weapons). Yun is also supposed to pick up some other chaining families,

This all sounds great since I have Yun and Ang ready to go.

Maybe Yun will pick up AT frames and I can at least have a chocobro, even if it's the wrong one.

Edit: OS would also be great.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    For those that have not looked yet, it might be worth buying specific MK maps. The Gil one gives a flat 500k Gil and the rank one gives 10k XP. The reddit review says the Gil map is a lot better than both the Chamber and Gil Snappers caves. Too bad you can only buy one. Still not bad for the amount of currency they cost. I will be picking them up for sure.

edit: Just watched the mini-updates video. Yun will join the chaining families of PG Lasswell and Sephiroth. So I'm assuming AT and OS. He should be quite good as TDW, but we'll have to wait for the data mine to see his modifiers.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    It's hard to get too excited about a bard having nichol; Guess it's possible the bard turns out better, or makes some compositions a little more forgiving if the chaining thing isn't bad, but we know nichol works and works for a long time so eh, but more mag tdh is always nice.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    If the new bard can cover multiple roles at the same time (buffs/breaks/heals/mp battery/imperils/whatever) then he'll have the slot efficiency that they were going for with Roy without the pre-loaded bard problems Roy has. Ideally the new bard would have a CD ability that started off with good buffs/breaks/mitigation, and then songs that would keep those up. In that case, even if the songs had to ramp up to buff/break/whatever else all in the same turn the initial use of the CD will give room for that to happen.

As has been said already, we'll just have to wait for the datamine. Should be rather exciting with Yun, Ang, Chow 7*s, and the new units as well.

AND MAYBE SOME HINTS OF SoM COLLAB GUUUUUMI.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    So I've been dabbling back into this a bit. Login tickets got my Rena to 7*, end of January Ticket was Fryevia's dupe. I'll say it's kind of amazing how much of this game you forget when all you're doing is collecting login rewards for the last 3 months or so and randomly summoning here and there.

How much has this game changed for the worse? Zoom-chaining on Android still seems half broken?

Hi guys!

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Well, used my special 5* ticket, got Ayaka #1.

Would have loved getting her before using my UoC GLEX and getting Zarg to awaken him to 7*. I got him after realizing he has stop resist.

Ayaka can cure Stop as a 6*. Oh well!

Joe Camacho MKII on
  • Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    So I've been dabbling back into this a bit. Login tickets got my Rena to 7*, end of January Ticket was Fryevia's dupe. I'll say it's kind of amazing how much of this game you forget when all you're doing is collecting login rewards for the last 3 months or so and randomly summoning here and there.

How much has this game changed for the worse? Zoom-chaining on Android still seems half broken?

Hi guys!

Well, a lot has changed for the better, actually. We just got the unit inventory split so all enhancer units go into their own 1500 slot box. Also the mixer, so you can mulch up all those 100% trust units just kicking around and the Moogle Cave expedition to passively farm Trust %. The last 7* batch also came out, so all old (non-limited) 5* base units have their 7* forms. And sadly, yes, I don't think zoom-chaining will ever return.

They did kinda bork a lot of animations and menu stuff that will be fixed with the next app update. There are no 7* prisms in the Trust Coin store, but they have said they will update it with prisms in the future. This is fine, since in JP the limited unit prisms only get added to the store 6 months after their event ends. It's a wait and see sorta thing. Maybe it'll be fine, maybe we'll have to sharpen our Gugnirs.

• Options
    You were free...

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Dumb question but how do I access the mixer in the game? I can't find it anywhere

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Dumb question but how do I access the mixer in the game? I can't find it anywhere

It is an option at the Shop Menu.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

It is an option at the Shop Menu.

Yeah they make you go into the same menu where the Buy Lapis option is. Tricky, tricky Gumi.

• Options

Maybe Yun will pick up AT frames and I can at least have a chocobro, even if it's the wrong one.

Expanding on this, the video said Yun will be able to chain with Sephiroth and Lasswell. That pretty much confirms AT chain, right? Maybe DR but I can't imagine that being a big deal.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

Expanding on this, the video said Yun will be able to chain with Sephiroth and Lasswell. That pretty much confirms AT chain, right? Maybe DR but I can't imagine that being a big deal.

If he picked up DR frames, I feel like they might've said he could chain with Hyoh or something. By saying Sephiroth and Laswell, it sounds like AMoT frames and maybe Octoslash frames. They have really been adding a lot of OS frames on GL exclusives, which is neat. Though I'd hope they'll start adding to some other families, Kingsglaive family can use some more as right now it's just Nyx and three limited units, one of which is Yun and his new chaining move might invalidate Blazing Combo. I don't have any Piledriver frames, but that family looks a little empty now, too.

Zomro on
  • Options
    So, I realized that Auron has a bunch of innate TDH passives and bonuses with his TMR equipped. I was overstacking TDH gear on him because I swapped all of the gear from Hyoh. Fixed him and he easily solo carries through LGD with his Dragon Fang ability. No breaks needed.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking of turning in some of my.5*'s. Like I don't see myself ever using prompto or Noctis and my Gilgamesh has already paid out his tmr and Stmr

• Options
    Prompto is great in the arena if you have him at 7*. He counters magic with a stop all and confuse. Works even if status is blocked.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Guys. I am able to make two STMRs. Cloud and Delita. Which is the best way to make them?

For cloud, I used one 100% tmr'd Cloud to awakened my other 100% Cloud to 7*. So I currently have 3 0% Clouds. When I tried to fuse one of them a message appeared telling I would lose a % for Buster Style, which makes sense because my awakened one is already maxed... But that means that I won't get a buster style prism if I fuse him?

Should I create another Cloud 7* in order to at least rescue one of the Buster Styles? Can you just fuse awakening prisms for the Stmr? I am kind of confused.

Can you get the 50% trust moogle only once per STMR?

Delita is even worse, I don't have a single one 100% tmr'd.

Thanks for the help!

Joe Camacho MKII on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    If you merge those 3 Clouds into your 100% TMR Cloud then you will get 3 Buster Style prisms. Same with Delita, but his dark sword or whatever it is.

Don't listen to me, I'm dumb.

Be warned about Delita's STMR: It's 2000 fixed damage that starts every round in every fight. So if you slap it on your MK team every round they will lose 2k HP.

urahonky on
  • Options
    If you merge those 3 Clouds into your 100% TMR Cloud then you will get 3 Buster Style prisms. Same with Delita, but his dark sword or whatever it is.

Be warned about Delita's STMR: It's 2000 fixed damage that starts every round in every fight. So if you slap it on your MK team every round they will lose 2k HP.

Correction, very important: if you fuse units you do not get the moogle container. If you break the unit into the prism, you'll get the container then.

Chances are you'll never need more than two buster style materia. Awaken a second 7* cloud and mush that into the first. Then you'll get the STMR, and your 7* counter will go up in case the expert missions ever show up.

This discussion has been closed.