As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Pretty cool that Ang's 7* comes with a wind imbue ability. So he can imbue wind with a skill and fire with his LB. So if you go up against something resistant to fire, it's not too bad (just can't use his LB).

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Besides TMR moogles, is there any point to run the CNY event?

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Reigner wrote: »
    So I never unlinked my account from Facebook. Went to login and maintenance must have kicked me out of my account? Asks me to choose an account to login with, but Facebook is greyed out. Anyone have any clue what happened?
    I have seen that people have had success with restarting the app a bunch of times. Eventually it will ungrey. This did not require a re-install, just keep restarting the app. Make sure to remove it from the list of running apps each time because it might background it when you "exit" the main menu.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    Besides TMR moogles, is there any point to run the CNY event?

Cactuars, gil snappers, the materials needed to craft the event stuff (which is mostly low end stuff), impossibly low chance of getting 4* Tickets. Pretty much all of the usual raid Gacha stuff is in the pool. If you don't need those things, then you can easily skip the event/only run it enough times for the daily quest.

• Options
    There's a pretty decent limited materia from the CNY event. 25% SPR and 10% physical evade. Nice for those who need more evasion stuff.

• Options
    ...there are bonus units for the CNY wave event? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Well, guess I'll put two Lings on the team and call it good since I have no other CNY units. Not that I really need much from the event, but might as well get some extra bang for my runs.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I see this patch didn't fix anything that they broke lol. I still have to download something every time I log in, the chests are still broken, and when I do a summon sometimes I can't tap the screen to "shatter" it. I'm so glad the CNY bundles were hot garbage. So easy to keep from spending money when they hand us shit.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Cruor wrote: »
    I'm considering a lap on the old banner, but I'm gonna wait and see what next week's event is first. It has a UoC to get, so it's probably a raid? And maybe it's finally SoM? Who knows!

It'll probably be Katy Perry pt2.

It's probably the February CG story event starring CG Ignacio!

Edit: Also, these two dragons in the CNY event can suck it. Good thing I can just field Aurora Fryevia and Fryevia together and Aurora Storm can nuke them both with the repeat button. Woo minimum effort.

Lorek on
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular

Well, guess I'll put two Lings on the team and call it good since I have no other CNY units. Not that I really need much from the event, but might as well get some extra bang for my runs.

Do we have any idea what the rewards are for the wave event? Is it worth grinding?

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    I see this patch didn't fix anything that they broke lol. I still have to download something every time I log in, the chests are still broken, and when I do a summon sometimes I can't tap the screen to "shatter" it. I'm so glad the CNY bundles were hot garbage. So easy to keep from spending money when they hand us shit.

Yeah, they said those bugs would be fixed with the next app update, whenever that is.
    Lorek wrote: »
    I'm considering a lap on the old banner, but I'm gonna wait and see what next week's event is first. It has a UoC to get, so it's probably a raid? And maybe it's finally SoM? Who knows!

It'll probably be Katy Perry pt2.

It's probably the February CG story event starring CG Ignacio!

Edit: Also, these two dragons in the CNY event can suck it. Good thing I can just field Aurora Fryevia and Fryevia together and Aurora Storm can nuke them both with the repeat button. Woo minimum effort.

Yeah, probably is Ignacio, who I'd gladly pull for. I had thought that, then thought it was too early in the month for a story event, but I just realized it would start more than halfway through the month. Yeah, probably is Ignacio.

• Options
    Yeah I actually like this whole wave battle that's a mix of MK and raid. I don't have any bonus units but Ling though lol.

• Options
    Koreg wrote: »

Do we have any idea what the rewards are for the wave event? Is it worth grinding?

Well the coins you get are basically equivalent to raid coins; so you summon with them and get all the normal raid things (cactus, gil turtles, CNY unit moogles, the rare 4* ticket maybe).
    Also drops the crafting materials for all the recipes you get from clearing the wave event for the first time.

The 1-time craftable is a 10% evasion, 25% SPR materia, which I think is pretty good. If you're setting up a tank for 100% dodge, usually their stats suffer a bit for it, and 25% SPR is exactly the boost they need to help against stray magic attacks (since that's all that can really hint a dodge tank).

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    That materia is indeed very good.

Also good is the accessory available in the FFX Exploration. 30% Water/Wind/Earth resist in a single slot is worth the effort 100%.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    That materia is indeed very good.

Also good is the accessory available in the FFX Exploration. 30% Water/Wind/Earth resist in a single slot is worth the effort 100%.

Don't forget 20% HP!

• Options
    I did one 10k coin pull in the LNY "raid" gacha. There are TMR moogles for the new 5* base units, but no one else that I've seen yet. Looks like you can only craft one of the evasion materia. So, it might be worth it to farm the event for at least a day or two. Looks like I got about 1/10th of the materials I need to craft the evasion materia from one 10k coin pull. So, maths time...

LGD is 20 NRG. You gain 288 NRG a day. So, 700 copper coins per run with no bonus units or mobs is 14 X 700 = 9800 per day. Bring a 7* Ang, Yun, Chow, etc friend and that's triple.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I did one 10k coin pull in the LNY "raid" gacha. There are TMR moogles for the new 5* base units, but no one else that I've seen yet. Looks like you can only craft one of the evasion materia. So, it might be worth it to farm the event for at least a day or two. Looks like I got about 1/10th of the materials I need to craft the evasion materia from one 10k coin pull. So, maths time...

LGD is 20 NRG. You gain 288 NRG a day. So, 700 copper coins per run with no bonus units or mobs is 14 X 700 = 9800 per day. Bring a 7* Ang, Yun, Chow, etc friend and that's triple.

I've seen some reports on reddit that people have gotten Ling and Yan moogles as well, so I would assume they're all in there.

Edit: Can confirm, did 40k of my pulls.

Exquisite Hairpiece - 2
    Saint's Aura - 2
    Sunbreaker - 1
    Lunar Parasol - 1
    Venomous Edge -4

Lorek on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Looks like hybrid damage or super high elemental damage (Ang) is the way to go for the new farming event. A. Fryevia and Fryevia built for pure hybrid damage just murder everything with Aurora Storm. Then Yan double-chi her MP restore. Hit repeat. Done.

edit: Ok, I was wrong early. The older CNY 7* are worth 150% so you won't get triple currency. My bad. Only the new 7* units are worth 200%. Still haven't seen a bonus mob.

edit 2: The Bai Hu/Zhu Que attack animations are pretty awesome.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019

I've seen some reports on reddit that people have gotten Ling and Yan moogles as well, so I would assume they're all in there.

Edit: Can confirm, did 40k of my pulls.

Exquisite Hairpiece - 2
    Saint's Aura - 2
    Sunbreaker - 1
    Lunar Parasol - 1
    Venomous Edge -4

Worth noting here - if anyone has enough trust coins for a moogle container (or plans to get one), popping one of these TMR moogles from the event into those moogle containers basically turns it into a trust moogle container for that TMR, which is great if you want that trust mastery item but didn't pull/weren't lucky enough to pull the associated unit for it. Limited time units are the best uses for those empty trust moogle containers from the coin shop.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Looks like hybrid damage or super high elemental damage (Ang) is the way to go for the new farming event. A. Fryevia and Fryevia built for pure hybrid damage just murder everything with Aurora Storm. Then Yan double-chi her MP restore. Hit repeat. Done.

edit: Ok, I was wrong early. The older CNY 7* are worth 150% so you won't get triple currency. My bad. Only the new 7* units are worth 200%. Still haven't seen a bonus mob.

Wouldn't you want to use bonus units as your friend unit?

• Options
    I would hang onto your trust coins for now. We should be getting a ticket gacha for the 3rd anniversary and chances are you will get an empty moogle container or two along the way.

• Options
    I have a 7* Ang as my friend unit for anyone who needs a bonus unit

• Options
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

Wouldn't you want to use bonus units as your friend unit?
    I don't have a CNY 6* or 7* unit of my own to share. I am using A. Fry and Fry as my carry team and I pick up a CNY 7* friend. I was just pointing out that hybrid damage works well for the last boss since they are split high DEF and high SPR between the two.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    The wiki say's they're immune. I only have 1 Fryevia, so going to have to try 1 Hyoh with 1 T.Terra and see. Otherwise, looks like I have no one else to turn to but Jiriaya *shudders*.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    UoCing Malphasie#2 remains the best decision.

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »

Friend ID?

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    The wiki say's they're immune. I only have 1 Fryevia, so going to have to try 1 Hyoh with 1 T.Terra and see. Otherwise, looks like I have no one else to turn to but Jiriaya *shudders*.

The immunity is only their boss format from the CNY Challenge last year. These ones definitely take damage from both magic and physical, but they have some level of innate resistsance to one or the other. Or something else weird is going on.. I was able to kill the physical resistant one once with a friend Ang's LB, so I know they're not immune. But when I tried it with a Lilith + Viktor Aureola Ray chain, the resistance was enough to break the chains and I ended up only doing like 50% of their HP in damage instead of just outright destroying them.

• Options
    AhiMahi wrote: »
    Zomro wrote: »

Friend ID?

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Sent! thank you so much!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    When I'm done in a little while I'll put up my Ang. Or Yun. Which would people prefer?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

The immunity is only their boss format from the CNY Challenge last year. These ones definitely take damage from both magic and physical, but they have some level of innate resistsance to one or the other. Or something else weird is going on.. I was able to kill the physical resistant one once with a friend Ang's LB, so I know they're not immune. But when I tried it with a Lilith + Viktor Aureola Ray chain, the resistance was enough to break the chains and I ended up only doing like 50% of their HP in damage instead of just outright destroying them.

I'll try it later. My bonus mob rate has been not great, so I still have all the Cactuars to go, the 5 1% moogles, and the moogle map. I'll probably be grinding for the next couple days. Use the daily 5K for the individual moogles.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    The LGD level of this ain't the easiest thing to farm, I feel. I'm considering just farming ELT instead, which would be slower but simpler.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    If you have any CNY units I would love it if you could put them up. I don't really mind the %. Right now it's kinda bare bones and I am running with only my two units for a total of 100%.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    If you have any CNY units I would love it if you could put them up. I don't really mind the %. Right now it's kinda bare bones and I am running with only my two units for a total of 100%.

I can put up my shitty couple unit?

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

Sure, let me set up my 5* Ang. It's just 75%, but it's better than nothing.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    How are the new units looking? Because I got 1 of the monk couple

• Options
    Thanks guys I appreciate it. I'm enjoying this farm more than normal because I'm burning through my energy and getting a ton of Gil at the same time.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    I set Ling as my friend unit. At least it's something.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    How are the new units looking? Because I got 1 of the monk couple

Monk couple is strong but hard to gear appropriately since you want high ATK and SPR for best returns. I think the reddit is mathing out the best builds/rotations for them.

New bard is underwhelming. Not surprising since he's a bard. Strong numbers on buffs that refresh every turn, but is still locked into a very strict rotation of two skills. Can provide some weak magic chaining abilities to your whole party, but they can only be single cast so it's not that exciting. Can be a decent LB based attacker (LB also includes an all stat buff) but...yeah. Bard problems.

• Options
    AhiMahi wrote: »
    Sent! thank you so much!

Got you added

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Well that was worth it. Was itching to pull today but since I have only 1 Yun and no Chow/Ang, didn't really want to pull on the old banner.
    And both new units were pretty disappointing, I think. Qin has bard problems and BaiHu might be good, but DPS is always the fastest to die out.

So I decided to try and snipe an Auron for his TMR. Step 2 came down rainbow - Auron! Woo! And then another rainbow in the pull, Dark Veritas #4! STMR time!

Edit: Now the question is, is 5k lapis worth it for a random guaranteed rainbow? I think I'll let it percolate for awhile and see if I need a random rainbow pick-me up before next Friday.

Lorek on
This discussion has been closed.