Options

[Dungeon World] Glamjin’s Tower of Glory

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Holly, the opportunity is lost, unless you are willing to stay behind while the others run ahead.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_8hdh0UFxJk&list=PL0A12ED38862DB0F5&index=19

Breaking out from the tree line you find yourselves in quick descend down a rocky valley slope.

Scout trips, looks like treacherous terrain is not is strong suit. He careens down the slow like a sled while Dooli tries in vain to sprint after him to lend a hand.

Gisard, as the last of the adventurers to escape the forest (you’re pretty sure), you catch sight of something leaping from tree to tree as the others plow ahead. It stops short of the forest’s edge.
    7g8q3zr8uwqi.jpeg

Eventually you come to a stop at a blast marked plains before a mountainside.

Fog hangs in the air, becoming low cloud without a break for sky. The soft earthen tones of the mountainside drift in and out of view as you press on. The air is cold and damp.

The mountain is pitted with dark caves, and fresh water trickles down its side like tears.

Bran, you alone notice:
    The kind of markings you’d make on bone are present on a number of rocks. Forgotten. Taken. Drained. Concealed. Amongst other words you don’t know.

osncal9rgknx.jpeg

Whoever takes the lead, the rest must follow.

What do you do?

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Bran picks through the seemingly trackless rocks nearby, then perks up.

"Hey guys, we're not the first through here. Either someone or someones still live here, or previously did. Though 'living here' seems like a real strange thought.

I can take point, if y'all would like. Regardless, I think we should be on guard...as if that wasn't already number one on our list of to-do's."

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    OOC: nice music choice, love some Cave Story soundtrack

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Dooli picks Scout off the ground, he’s covered in pallid dust. Behind him, out of breath, the scarred grey elf comes to a stop and puts a hand on the lizardfolk for support.

Bran, you are taking the lead.

The little samurai rides on her beetle by your side. She grimaced at you with the force of someone much larger.

“Up or through, young shinobi?”

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Holly, no longer spooked by the forest, pats Hao-Gou's side and pipes up. "I dare say through the caves would be a wiser approach, less precarious than climbing."

• Options
    Gisard brings up the rear, looking winded. "I think I saw... huff... huff... infants with pointy ears chasing us... they stopped at the forest edge though."

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The amulet (still floating) turns back, then to all of you.

“Life endures regardless of how inhospitable the environment. It is one of the most admirable traits of mortal life; but we must press on. Our advantage is reaching Glamjin before he learns of our position, how much we know of our situation, and his weaknesses. I have no doubt he will scry on us, if he is not already watching us intently! The quicker we scale his tower the better our chances of defeating him.”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cxv-2FA_7Ek&list=PLB1mBUgyWbK3SSmd7_ELjPat6xQXeXqDH&index=94

It glows a deadly crimson.

“Steel yourselves, our foe is the most powerful being I have ever known.”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TbsBEb1ZxWA

Meanwhile...

“What do you think? Be honest, are spike pits too old fashioned?”, Glamjin says languidly.

The two servants flanking the Maester of Misdirection cannot reply, but one touches its seamlessly closed face as if only now realising.

He slips off his yellow and blue furred coat and discards it in disgust. He pinches his nose and leans back until he is floating on thin air.

“To Hells with it, you lot, start again. I’ve a better idea!”

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Bran scratches his chin, his stubble rapidly turning into a rough beard since their original kidnapping at Glamjin's magic hands. He stares up at the craggy cliffs.

"The problem with caves is you don't know if they'll go anywhere, and you don't know what lives in them. I'd prefer to be able to easily see where we're going, even if it's a bit more arduous. Give me a minute."

The rogue takes a beat to survey the cliffsides, and get a feel for how difficult they will be to traverse.

[Regarding the cliffs: What should I be on the lookout for?]

Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Discern Realities (WIS)

Discern Realities (WIS):
    2d6+1 7 [2d6=3, 3]

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    What should I be on the lookout for?

You’re not the first to scale this mountain, so if you keep your wits about you there’s bound to be pins and hooks hammered in the rock occasionally, old frayed rope and the unfortunate remains of previous climbers with gear worth looting.

So rich in magical energies, the plants growing here have properties that can be made into potent potions. You may want to stop half way to collect some for Gisard to examine later.

Furthermore, Gisard and Scout are about to become burdens! They are simply not built for what you’re about to do. Two of you will have to aid them in the climb, which will put them at a disadvantage should you suddenly need to fight along the way. You can pick those of the other party or your own.

The mountain, for the record, is not all that high, though perhaps none of you know a small mountain when you see one.

Holly, Bran, one use of your adventuring gear each is the cost to begin your ascent.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Bran points out the evidence of prior travel to the groups, and leads the way. "We go up. At least that path has been trod, in part."

The rogue sidles over to Gisard, and begins kitting him with some simple belaying gear from his kit, tied to his own gear.

"Shall we, oh wizard mine? And hey, if things stay quiet, I think I see some plants a bit up the way you might be interested in."

[Bran will help Gisard, and someone from Scout's team will help him/her/it/they.]

( @Grog I can cover both kit uses, if Holly doesn't have one available.)

Nips on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Holly tosses a rope and some pitons to Dooli, given they seems the most protective of their group, then joins the ascent herself.

Grog on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    You progress at a steady clip. Each pebble knocked away by someone makes the others flinch, but so far nothing has fallen away. Your nails are thick with soil and green with pulled grasses, nicked by sharp branches and brittle rock.

You all take 1 damage from the effort.

Scout is being all but carried by Dooli, who now brings up the rear by some distance. Looks like lizardfolk aren’t the natural climbers humans and much lighter on the flesh humans tend to be. Still, you are outmatched by one.

Pomme, high above, stops.

“There is a spot of flat cliff here, and— Quoi!?”

Pomme drops from the ledge! Bran, roll +Str to catch him!
    On a 10+, you’ve got him!
    On a 7-9, choose one: you catch him and drop to a lower part of the mountain, or you catch him and lose a valuable item.
    On a 6-, expect the worst.

A figure appears shrouded in mist, they draw their sword and point at you Holly, at you alone.

“I challenge you to a duel.”

The bitter winds of Pandemonium blow down the mountain.

Only you can continue to climb Holly. The figure will wait until you have made your way to them before the duel commences.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Bran reaches out and snags Pomme by a leg, but begins to fall from the force.

Ropes begin to slip, and belaying pins snap. By the time they're stopped by backup ropes and safety pins, they've lost significant height.

(Catch and Drop)

Geth, roll 2d6 for Catch! (STR)

Catch! (STR):
    2d6 8 [2d6=5, 3]

Nips on
  • Options
    Pomme’s attire is torn apart, and a thin line of red is slashed across their back. Bran and Gisard, you’re both winded, but fine apart from some bruised knees.

Gisard, any bright ideas how to help Holly? You haven’t got anything like the right angle to cast fireball at the assailant, Holly really is going to have to duel them.

Duel them to the death!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ykyqjYTbp3M

• Options
    Gisard shrieks unhelpfully as they drop. "NOOO!! I HATE CLIFFS! I HATE CLIMBING!"

Also out of curiosity what is Hao-gou doing, climbing the cliff with us? I only just remembered he was still with us.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    OOC: Oh yeah he can totally climb mountains. We refer to him as a dog but shishi (you might know them as foo dogs) are also called guardian lions in China.

He is currently in line with the other party, but the winds of Pandemonium push down on him the hardest. Were his resolve to aid you weaker this evil gale would destroy such a holy beast!

Good job remembering him, I would make sure to use him after this duel.

• Options
    "I accept." Holly hisses, barely audible as she clambers upward. She straightens gracefully at the cliff edge, giving Sweet Eleanor a couple of casual swishes then glances up at her opponent.

"To the death, then?" She lets the obvious question hang, taking the time to gauge their reaction.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    “To the death.”

8g8kojh7n2nz.jpeg

She appears to be a mousefolk like Pomme, and her blades are obviously mag—

Holly, defy danger! She is already upon you!

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Holly, taking in the rodientian's strange appearance, thinks quickly when her opponent dashes with lightning speed. Rather than parrying or dodging she lets the arm about to be struck drop to the ground, hoping to confuse the mousefolk.

Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Defy Danger (int)

Defy Danger (int):
    2d6+3 8 [2d6=4, 1]

Grog on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    She thrusts out her left blade, then traces her right through a gap in your rib cage. She leaps back, then holds her blades end to end and let’s out a shrill warcry.

The unexpected was, well, not expected. She’s pissed.

As she wails her two blades glow white. They melt across each other in seconds, and she spins her new weapon in a flourish that sends aerial seeds spinning above your battleground. She now wields a heavy looking halberd.

She runs, then jams it into the rocks to send her flying above you! Halberd still in one hand, she drops three smoke bombs upon your head.

Her shape moves in zig-zags through the smoke.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kef-MLsrC9I&list=PLSrdxVyYs5aWkhmmhOYxfP2Rivgkku7Pz&index=17&t=0s

What do you do?

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    OOC:
    For the rest of you, you’re making slow progress up the mountain, too slow, but you’re not without options. Consider your items and spells. If it sounds cool I’ll certainly take it.

• Options
    Yeah Gisard's got nothing. He's desperately focused on climbing.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    -~*•#~Just GM things~#•*~-

Gisard...
    You could counterspell the winds of Pandemonium pressing down on you. From there you could help pull Bran up.

It is perfectly in character to be too focused to think, if so just post after the duel.

Bran...
    You could slap one of your cards against the mountainside. Worst case scenario it falls off and goes splat before it gets chance to do anything.

You could also send your tricksy rope acrawlin’ up with the order: defend friend or tie up stranger. It won’t mess up who’s who, but it might also be too slow to be more than a one time distraction.

It is perfectly in character to be afraid of using either item in a crisis due to their embarrassing origins, so if not just wait it out.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Holly kicks up her arm and reattaches it, maintaining an air of nonchalance. "Tell me, little one, what did Glamjin offer you? Or are you scurrying about ambushing people because you're afraid?"

Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Defy Danger (cha)

Defy Danger (cha):
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=1, 6]

Grog on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    “Afraid? You don’t have the slightest idea who or what I am, do you?

You trade ferocious strikes, metal on metal, both of you wild and precise, disciplined yet adaptive, sparks burn into the smoke with each swing, parry and thrust.

She creates room for herself again, and you spin to keep her in sight. You are fortunate the mountain air is gently pushing the smoke away more and more by the second.

“I am Swords, Her Hands, the Devil Prince of Blades. Perhaps even your backwater world has heard of me after some fashion?”

Swing, parry, thrust!

“And I live to fight, and will not die until I taste defeat, and I never will! Hahahaha!”

She obviously sees working for Glamjin as a challenge for heroes as an opportunity. You’ll not win her over.

Devils are not born, but self-made. Often confused with demons, they are not related creatures. Demons rise up from the Hells like bile, Devils descend.

Her defeat will spell the end of her life, even if you do not deal a killing blow. To lose is enough.

Holly, your question only distracts her for a moment, she is the fastest foe you’ve ever duelled! Here is your ugly choice:
    - She has you at a distance with the halberd. If you want to get past her guard you’ll need to run through severe harm.
    - Should you yield, the magical winds of Pandemonium pushing down on your companions will stop, and you will be allowed to pass for a price.

Edit: So that can be a Hack and Slash that just has the ‘open to more harm’ option no matter the roll.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Hearing the clanging of blades above, realizing he'll never get there at speed, Bran curses in his own mind.

"Well friend, I need one more favor of you. Crawl up the crag, and hogtie the opponent of my skeletal friend Holly."

Bran looses his Tricksy Rope to climb on its own, hoping it buys Holly a moment to strike.

(OOC: Goodnight, my enchanted hemp prince)

Nips on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Holly's skull is now pointed directly at her opponent, any pretence of lackadaisy gone. "You should have said dear Prince."

Her blade becomes a cloud of steel.

Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Arcane Bladework
    Geth, roll 1d6 for Damage

Lmao this is why i hate rolled damage. I'll apply the Torrential technique, if she attacks me then she'll take 1d6 damage.

So Arcane Bladework is actually a separate move from Hack'n'Slash, so it doesn't have the 'open yourself up to deal more damage' option, so I guess I'd just be taking the damage to get inside her guard.

Arcane Bladework:
    2d6+3 12 [2d6=4, 5]
    Damage:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]

Grog on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    You rush headlong into the fray and your spine is shattered upon the Rock of Ages, you dip below the surface of the River of Lethe and wash upon the Pale Shore. You glimpse the Black Gates of Death, the first stop of all dead things.

Describe it.

Yet you return! You feel yourself being swung around. Your pelvis and legs stay ambulatory on one side, from the ribs up you’re being carried, stuck on her halberd.

You take 7 damage, which ignores armour.

Geth roll 2d8+1 for Calcium Kabab

Geth roll 1d6 for Heart Pop

Yet...

“No. I am... untouchable...”, the mousefolk chokes, tears swelling.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dj186Ke8cQI&list=OLAK5uy_nPPb_RzHrWNzY_-dPXRjOwDfqPv7SHJvM&index=3&t=0s

Sweet Eleanor pierces her mortal heart.

lq46vb5sai0p.jpeg

Holly, you are the Devil Prince of Blades and in your arms you carry Aplomb. Aplomb is purely metaphorical, so your arms are empty after a second, but you’ve still got her.

Suddenly, you know every name of every being that has held your title. You don’t know the details but you think you might own a bit of Hell. Somewhere to retire, perhaps?

Your future is uncertain, but should you survive your encounter with Glamjin your place among the devils may hold golden opportunity and intriguing new adventures!

Also I guess the Tricksy Rope manages to get onto the flat cliff. It ties itself around the legs of Little Miss Manic and she and Holly fall sideways. The true victor!

The wind pressing down upon the party has yet to cease.

Holly, you’ve got a new toy.
    Konomi no Buki
    close/reach/near, 2 weight

When you hold the Konomi no Buki high above your head and let out a terrible warcry, roll +Cha.
    First, decide if it is a close, reach or near weapon. As a near weapon it requires no ammo.
    On a 10+, choose 3.
    On a 7-9, choose 2.
    - +1 damage.
    - 2 piercing.
    - +1 armour.
    - precise, -1 weight.
    - It is two separate weapons. Reroll damage and take the highest result.
    - two-handed, forceful, messy, +1 weight. It sends them reeling and leaves lasting wounds.
    On a 6-, still choose 2, but it also has the clumsy tag. You’re no good with this one.

The only limit to how you describe your weapon’s form is:
    - It can’t be concealed.
    - It must be rigid, so no whips or flails.

There are no baked in rules for dual wielding, though the Ranger has an advance that applies more damage if you do. For you, if you fight with both Sweet Eleanor and Konomi no Buki, apply the tags of both weapons to your attack.

Calcium Kabab:
    2d8+1 7 [2d8=3, 3]
    Heart Pop:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    The most chilling sense of déjà vu settles over Holly Pontoon when she looks upon the Black Gates. In another time, from another place entirely, a woman with a broken neck had walked through them, glancing back at a spectre in the distance- a skeleton of black glass. Once the woman has gone, the spectre takes in the stygian vista- though most feel a sense of dread at the impossible architecture and maddening shadows, the spectre feels a warm sort of belonging.

But she is not the woman with the broken neck, not anymore.

Roused from her chthonic reverie, Holly gasps with the revelation of her new station. Seeing the rope struggling, she stands and hauls at it, wondering if her friends should know what she has become.

~~~~
    HP: 5/16
    OOC: New theme song unlocked

Grog on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Bran continues to climb the seemingly impossibly tall mountain, Pomme and Gisard in tow. He shoots a weak smile at Hao Gou, who is currently perched on a barely-big-enough outcropping just above and to the side of the rope team.

I hope Holly's all right up there.

Nips on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    "Wait, I didn't notice before, but this wind... isss it a spell?"

Gisard attempts to Counterspell the wind effect, wagering the preparation of his Light spell.

Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Counterspell

Gisard succeeds at the cost of his prepared spell, but he's not skilled enough at counterspelling to cancel the whole spell, merely to prevent it from affecting himself. At least he'll feel a little lighter from Bran's point of view.

Counterspell:
    2d6+3 9 [2d6=5, 1]

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    With the pressure off Gisard you manage to help everyone up Bran. Hao-Gou surprises you when he appears clinging to the sheer side and scoops Pomme into his rocky maw, and pads up to the cliff. He spits the mousefolk out with a pitoo and clambers up after him.

You make it as the last fray of your line hangs on faithfully. You’ve spent one Adventuring Gear, it’s no good to you now.

The other party is still climbing and there’s nothing to be done about that.

Tend to Pomme if you’re able, but they’re alive and can struggle on slowly if they have to.

Holly (your majesty), Gisard, Bran, you should search this little cliff.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    If anyone managed to grab any magic herbs Gisard will use them to do what he can for Pomme's injuries.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    It is you! You’re the magic herb grabber! You grab them very impressively.

Magic Herbs
    applied, 3 uses, 1 weight
    When you rub the magic herbs over someone’s wounds they gain 2 + your WIS in HP. If you had time and a workspace you could make each use into 2 Healing Potions.

You have used one use Gisard, which Pomme is grateful for.

Edit:
    Gisard, it is no less impressive that you now have the title of Plant Gatherer. You have +1 ongoing against plants.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Holly approaches while Gisard is applying the herbs, scraping fingerbones against the back of her skull. "I have a... philosophical question, if I may? Is a erm, undead person the same person they were in life? Are they a person at all?"

• Options
    edited May 2019
    "Ah, a classssic question of necromantic philosophy. Unfortunately, it's a classssic because it is a question that is impossible to answer definitively. It depends on your definition of what a person is, what soulsss are, et cetera. You could asssk a god, but it's not like the gods all agree either. Personally, I subssscribe to the theory that everything in existence is obliterated and recreated slightly differently between each instant, so continuity of consciousnessss is an illusion anyway, and thinking you're the sssame person you were when you were alive is as true as thinking you are the sssame person you were one millionth of a sssecond ago."

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    "A-an... illusion? Oh. Right. Thank you, Gisard." She wanders away staring at her hands and perhaps it's a trick of the light, but her skull seems to have gone paler.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Bran, wiping his hands on his pants after salvaging what he could of the ropes and pitons, chimes in.

"Y'know, it's clear I don't know anything about magic, the supernatural, souls, how the afterlife works, or even much of philosophy. I do know people, though. I've spent a better part of my life trying to read them, figuring out their tics, and get inside their heads. Granted, it was to rob them blind, but I've been told that some life skills transfer into other fields."

The rogue walks right up in front of Holly, and puts his arms around her in a firm hug.

"You're not just a person, Holly. You're a good person. Not like 'Good versus Evil' good, because I don't believe much in that either. What I mean to say, is you're a person of quality. Your existence is meritorious, and you've proved it over and over."

Bran steps back to arms length, a smile on his face as his eyes meet Holly's. Then he turns and walks back to his pile of gear, humming a strange tune.

"Right, Hao Gou? I mean, you wouldn't have hung out with us if we weren't all great people, right?" the thief shoots over with a wink and a smirk, then continues humming that tune.

Nips on
  • Options
    Holly freezes when Bran embraces her and stays still for a few moments after he withdraws. She looks down at the sprites' mark on her hand, then clenches that hand into a fist.

"Yes. Yes! I may be a shambling corpse; I may be the Devil Prince of Blades themself; I may be the hundreds of souls that have carried the Prince's mantle; I may well be Holly Pontoon, greatest duellist to have ever lived! What truly it matters is who I will be."

She holds up the mortal blade, glinting dully. "The one who killed Glamjin."

• Options
    Hao-Gou rolls over to scratch his back, his tongue lolling happily.

He rolls back over and suddenly appears in exactly the pose he maintained when you first saw him, a holy statue. He thinks.

“You are people, and that is great.”, you can tell he’s not using that word the same way you just did, “From the lowest steps of Tian I watched those below live out their lives. I saw good, I saw evil. But I say this—I always saw great possibility. You do what immortal things do not: Change.”

He listens intently to Holly’s speech, then hops to his paws.

“Oh ho ho ho!”, he roars with joyous laughter.

Hao-Gou begins to dance around you Holly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e6vYuCC7WOA&list=OLAK5uy_kQC320L15HugGJg7AZ5wezXmCgYdS0EOw&index=2&t=0s

Holly, write a bond with Bran and Gisard. You guys, write one with Holly. You all roll +2 on your Aid rolls now.

After, hit me with some Spout Lores and Discern me your Reality, there’s a little more up here yet. Also: a body.