Options

yeast-ken [chat]

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I’m hard pressed to think of a non-head-of-state individual who’s had a more detrimental effect on humanity than Andrew Wakefield.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    …There's gonna be a new Far Cry? Feels like the last one was just launched a year ago.

Wait… Far Cry is Ubisoft's new yearly franchise, isn't it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    I’m hard pressed to think of a non-head-of-state individual who’s had a more detrimental effect on humanity than Andrew Wakefield.

That guy who invented leaded gasoline, maybe?

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Looks like they're fixing the biggest flaw in Windows. Not sure if soon enough to stop the collapse of Microsoft though.
    lk3uhvnu97d21.png

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Looks like they're fixing the biggest flaw in Windows. Not sure if April (ish) update is soon enough to stop the collapse of Microsoft though.
    lk3uhvnu97d21.png

this marks the first windows update I'll ever proactively install

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    but now I should really go to bed, after playing pillars of eternity until way too late

I mean there's no practical reason I can't be a video game vampire living at night, since I'm still a jobless layabout, it's more the principle of it

anyway goodnight from almost half past 6 am

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Looks like they're fixing the biggest flaw in Windows. Not sure if soon enough to stop the collapse of Microsoft though.
    lk3uhvnu97d21.png

I wonder what that's going to break.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I am sure that Huawei stole something else from t-mobile. The legal filings indicate a lot more charges being leveled. But stealing a QA test robot just struck me as so pathetic it was hard to believe they even bothered.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    spool32 wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Hello chat friends!

How we all doing?

(Sorry about your dad, Athenor)

There's god damn measles in my town now (or at least exposure to it) and I'm god damn mad about it

You should be. How the fuck does a first world nation have a measles outbreak?
    Enough Idiots got together and had a shitty idea that won’t fucking die.

At least there are kids that don't go along with their parents' bullshit?
    But unfortunately it is quite hard to get medical care as a minor without your parents consent.

no that part is mostly fortunate. elementary school children should not be able to get medical care without parental notification at the least!
    I mean yeah if a kid gets injured the parent should be notified. Especially if they are like 8, but if a 15 or 16 year old needs birth control or wants to be vaccinated, or hell needs a blood transfusion, they should be able to do that.

That’s how I feel now, that might change if I grow a person, who knows.

I would also put in a disclaimer that I don’t think kids should be able to get narcotics without a parent there.

zepherin on
  • Options
    I think that once children are old enough to speak to a doctor on their own accord, there should be a small suite of medical treatments they should be allowed to seek without a parent or guardian getting involved. Vaccines, contraceptives, antibiotics, cold and flu remedies, any non-scheduled drug for the treatment of a problem, and basic mental health services. How this gets paid for, I don't know.

It's super sad, but there are a lot of parents abusing their children by refusing them access to basic medical care simply because they don't believe in it or they're in some way delusional about their kids. A 13 year old should be able to hit up an urgent care clinic and grab antibiotics for their horrible strep throat even if dad doesn't believe in western medicine.

• Options
    gonna go to bed or something

g'night y'all

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Hello chat friends!

How we all doing?

There's god damn measles in my town now (or at least exposure to it) and I'm god damn mad about it

I want legislation eliminating nonmedical exemptions and I want it now

I googled Oregon's nonmedical exemptions for vaccines and all you need is to submit an online certificate stating that you've watched a video

You don't even need to go to a doctor!

This same state outlawed faith-based healing in 2011 (I guess as a general pushback against Idaho's mega-crazy cult nonsense, if anyone wants to go into that weird wikihole), so it's not like they're full-on crazy, so... at least there's hope that y'all can change this requirement?

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Ah, of course

Anthem is getting the full EA treatment in terms of microtransactions.

When will those jerks learn their lesson?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Ah, of course

Bioware has made it abundantly clear

All story content will be free.

Cosmetics will be able to be bought with ingame and paid currency

if they make more Javelins how to acquire them is TBD

none of this has been hidden or obfuscated, and it all seems 100% fair

this is the only screen of the mtx stuff and Bioware went out and said these are all placeholder prices

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/assets/uploads/2019/01/anthem-microtransactions.png

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Ah, of course

I was gonna say "when they suffer both consumer backlash and serious financial penalty" but whoops

• Options
    oh yes

they made up those prices, that match fortnite prices, and they won't tell us what the actual prices are until the game is out and the reviews are written

my fears are put to rest

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Hello chat friends!

How we all doing?

I want legislation eliminating nonmedical exemptions and I want it now

I googled Oregon's nonmedical exemptions for vaccines and all you need is to submit an online certificate stating that you've watched a video

You don't even need to go to a doctor!

This same state outlawed faith-based healing in 2011 (I guess as a general pushback against Idaho's mega-crazy cult nonsense, if anyone wants to go into that weird wikihole), so it's not like they're full-on crazy, so... at least there's hope that y'all can change this requirement?

It should be federally mandated. It's ridiculous to have different vaccine rules based on where you live.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Oh noooooo

I feel bad for this MTGA opponent.

I'm not yet in a dominant position but i'm getting there. I drop Niv-Mizzet knowing the opponent probably has removal.

They do, in the form of Dispersal, which bounces the highest-costed creature back to the controller's hand, and they must discard 1 card.

I had nothing in hand, so technically this would remove Niv Mizzet.

Except Niv makes me draw whenever anyone casts an instant or sorcery.... so by Casting Dispersal they gave me a card to save Niv.

they conceded when they realized i kept Niv. :(

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I am sure that Huawei stole something else from t-mobile. The legal filings indicate a lot more charges being leveled. But stealing a QA test robot just struck me as so pathetic it was hard to believe they even bothered.

It IS like the gang does industrial espionage

• Options
    lol Phil in KH3 doesnt talk so I guess Danny DeVito was too expensive.

James Woods must be hella cheap I guess.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Or maybe screw Phil he needs to shut up already.

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Listen

its not his fault you were too stupid to get up on the Hydra's back.

• Options
    GET UP ON THE HYDRAS BAAAAAAAAAA

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Listen

its not his fault you were too stupid to get up on the Hydra's back.

Two words.

Worst. Schtick. Ever.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    i'll be honest

i'm pretty okay with non-lootbox, non-gameplay microtransactions as long as they're actually micro and that there's some kind of value add elsewhere like free DLC or expansions

Elendil on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    turns out an artist that shall remain nameless is real good at emulating the Darkest Dungeon artstyle...

and that makes me mad.
    Why's that make you mad?

probably mad the "artist who shall remain nameless" is good at it or something

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I regret the final beer of the evening.

There, I said it.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I'm mad because I got some super healthy organic whole grain bread with no HFCS and a bunch of seeds and grains and they randomly slap 4g of cane sugar in it

WHY

BREAD DOESN'T HAVE SUGAR IN IT

• Options
    look he's dead you can say his name

voldemart

• Options
    I'm mad because I got some super healthy organic whole grain bread with no HFCS and a bunch of seeds and grains and they randomly slap 4g of cane sugar in it

WHY

I've got news for you about almost everything in the grocery store.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    look he's dead you can say his name

voldemart

betelgeuse

alternately, candyman

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    James Woods 100% needed that fucking money.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    I actually don't know anything about Anthem. Every time I see promotional material for it, everything slides right off my brain like it's made of teflon. I thought Destiny looked about as shiny and generic as you can get but clearly I was mistaken.

I googled "space armor" and this pintrest page came up and honest to god if there is Anthem promotional art mixed in here I have no way of knowing. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/554927985327525714/

I saw a trailer a month back and it was all Avengers music and a thick gravel voice talking about "The Anthem" without saying what it was. And space armor suits flew around the ruins of a presumably once great future society and I don't know you guys, I don't want to sound down on something I've never played and other people are excited for but I tried to spot a single thing that interested me even the slightest tiniest little bit and came away completely empty.

• Options
    Please actually change my mind, I want a good game to play with friends

• Options
    bioware just doubling down on the jetpack gambit

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    dk what if i told you that when you shoot the bad guys in the limbs or torso there are numbers in one color or font size denoting damage done, but if you shoot them in the head the color or font size changes to celebrate your marksmanship

• Options

WHY

I wonder if they put it in for the yeast to eat and its easier to list it than to have it tested to see if it's still in there.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Jetpacks are great

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    dk what if i told you that when you shoot the bad guys in the limbs or torso there are numbers in one color or font size denoting damage done, but if you shoot them in the head the color or font size changes to celebrate your marksmanship

you think when the enemies die, they might drop random weapons, armor, or trade commodities, which are color coded to indicate their relative rarity?

This discussion has been closed.