Options

yeast-ken [chat]

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Google keeps on thinking I want to hear about Patrick Stewart's new Star Trek show.

Well it's only natural

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    picard and dr. crusher beam down to a planet and all of dr. crusher's clothes disappear in a transporter accident and now he's seen everything

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    according to old Japanese folklore, the longer cats live the more powers they develop -- the start to walk on their hind legs, and slowly gain more powers and size and command over language

it is theorised that in the yeastkenverse breads which last a certain length of time develop into yeastken

and perhaps, eventually...... yeastmen.....

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    according to old Japanese folklore, the longer cats live the more powers they develop -- the start to walk on their hind legs, and slowly gain more powers and size and command over language

it is theorised that in the yeastkenverse breads which last a certain length of time develop into yeastken

and perhaps, eventually...... yeastmen.....

??

ck86byq1q2r0.jpg

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    i'm bringing aaron to montreal with me while i'm working so he gets to roam the city

i hope he gets fat off poutines

Just as long as he stays away from the poutains

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    i want gravy and french fries

and syrup

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    turns out an artist that shall remain nameless is real good at emulating the Darkest Dungeon artstyle...

and that makes me mad.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    That’s a girthy gingerbread dick.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

I really need to get involved with more places online if this is going to be the first post when I get on [chat] after a long day at school.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    0zhXPkB.jpg

yeastken self-care tip #39 -- when you're feeling down, eat something delicious

Wait are they eating that bread(dog?) on the left? Isn’t that cannibalism?

Not all breads are dogs in the yeastken world; there are breads and there are breaddogs, and the latter eats the former with regularity

No, this is definitely some dark shit, and the small breads at the very least have the potential to become bread dogs, but the already actualized bread dogs are exerting brutal population control

I welcome the day when the little breads rise up, shake off their chains, and bludgeon the bread dogs to death with their own... baguettes.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

I really need to get involved with more places online if this is going to be the first post when I get on [chat] after a long day at school.

but y tho

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    0zhXPkB.jpg

Not all breads are dogs in the yeastken world; there are breads and there are breaddogs, and the latter eats the former with regularity

No, this is definitely some dark shit, and the small breads at the very least have the potential to become bread dogs, but the already actualized bread dogs are exerting brutal population control

I welcome the day when the little breads rise up, shake off their chains, and bludgeon the bread dogs to death with their own... baguettes.

the radio said "No, dog - You are the baguettes"

A1dUmuY.jpg

that's Corgette, the corgi baguette

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Hello chat friends!

How we all doing?

(Sorry about your dad, Athenor)

There's god damn measles in my town now (or at least exposure to it) and I'm god damn mad about it

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Hello chat friends!

How we all doing?

There's god damn measles in my town now (or at least exposure to it) and I'm god damn mad about it

You should be. How the fuck does a first world nation have a measles outbreak?

2sabd9.jpg

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    turns out an artist that shall remain nameless is real good at emulating the Darkest Dungeon artstyle...

and that makes me mad.
    Why's that make you mad?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

and that makes me mad.
    Why's that make you mad?

Cognitive dissonance from knowing someone I dislike is good st a style I really like.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Hello chat friends!

How we all doing?

I want legislation eliminating nonmedical exemptions and I want it now

• Options
    Hello chat friends!

How we all doing?

Enough Idiots got together and had a shitty idea that won’t fucking die.

• Options
    Hello chat friends!

How we all doing?

At least there are kids that don't go along with their parents' bullshit?

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    0zhXPkB.jpg

A1dUmuY.jpg

corgette is a type of zucchini!

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

grandma knows what she wants

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    0zhXPkB.jpg

A1dUmuY.jpg

that's courgette you wannabe Francophile!!

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Hello chat friends!

How we all doing?

Ummm... not really. Do you even have a memory of getting your mmr vaccines?
    The MMR vaccine is a vaccine against measles, mumps, and rubella (German measles). The first dose is generally given to children around 9 to 15 months of age, with a second dose at 15 months to 6 years of age, with at least 4 weeks between the doses.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Hello chat friends!

How we all doing?

But unfortunately it is quite hard to get medical care as a minor without your parents consent.

• Options
    redx wrote: »
    Hello chat friends!

How we all doing?

Ummm... not really. Do you even have a memory of getting your mmr vaccines?
    The MMR vaccine is a vaccine against measles, mumps, and rubella (German measles). The first dose is generally given to children around 9 to 15 months of age, with a second dose at 15 months to 6 years of age, with at least 4 weeks between the doses.

The point was more that there are kids who are willing to push back against their parents' bullshit rather than just accept it

Point conceded, though

• Options
    I'm really not in a fighting mood tonight

It's not like I'm super exhausted or anything, but it's been a long day

• Options
    0zhXPkB.jpg

A1dUmuY.jpg

it's the term British people use!

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Hello chat friends!

How we all doing?

But unfortunately it is quite hard to get medical care as a minor without your parents consent.

no that part is mostly fortunate. elementary school children should not be able to get medical care without parental notification at the least!

spool32 on
  • Options
    0zhXPkB.jpg

A1dUmuY.jpg

first off: British "people" amirite

second: still a French word for Frenchyphiliacs and similar pervosexuals

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    The T-mobile / Huawei story is hysterical and I can't get enough of it.

So you guys have heard about T-mobile getting really mad at Huawei and there being like, lawsuits and it's spilling over into the US-China trade war, etc?

It turns out a Huawei employee, when visiting T-mobile, took a special interest in the Epson 4-axis SCARA robot, nicknamed "Tappy", that T-mobile uses for acceptance testing. Basically, the robot is programmed to perform repetitive touchscreen tasks and they use it to approve devices for sale through company stores. It is absolutely nothing special, literally just a robot that is good at moving a little capacitance stylus over the surface of a phone in set patterns to test, I dunno, screen accuracy and to do repeated tests like open an app, scroll, hit a button, close app, repeat. They bought it off the shelf and set it up according to its directions.

The Huawei employee asked so many questions about Tappy that his tourguides got suspicious and stopped answering and banned him from the laboratory. Then, later he snuck in and KIDNAPPED TAPPY BY UNHOOKING IT, SHOVING IT IN A BAG, AND RUNNING AWAY WITH IT.

Like, this is getting spun into a story of international intrigue and intellectual property theft, and it's being used as a political football. But the whole thing is grossly inept, and nothing of intellectual value was stolen. It's like an episode of Always Sunny. The Gang Conducts Industrial Espionage.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Hello chat friends!

How we all doing?

MMR needs to be done at 1.

• Options
  • Options
    I made a shitty post and I'm not even gonna defend it

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    The T-mobile / Huawei story is hysterical and I can't get enough of it.

So you guys have heard about T-mobile getting really mad at Huawei and there being like, lawsuits and it's spilling over into the US-China trade war, etc?

It turns out a Huawei employee, when touring T-mobile, took a special interest in the Epson 4-axis SCARA robot, nicknamed "Tappy", that T-mobile uses for acceptance testing. Basically, the robot is programmed to perform repetitive touchscreen tasks and they use it to approve devices for sale through company stores. It is absolutely nothing special, literally just a robot that is good at moving a little capacitance stylus over the surface of a phone in set patterns to test, I dunno, screen accuracy and to do repeated tests like open an app, scroll, hit a button, close app, repeat. They bought it off the shelf and set it up according to its directions.

The Huawei employee asked so many questions about Tappy that her tourguides got suspicious and stopped answering questions. Then, when left unsupervised, she KIDNAPPED TAPPY BY UNHOOKING IT, SHOVING IT IN A BAG, AND RUNNING AWAY WITH IT.

Like, this is getting spun into a story of international intrigue and intellectual property theft, and it's being used as a political football. But the whole thing is grossly inept, and nothing of intellectual value was stolen. It's like an episode of Always Sunny. The Gang Conducts Industrial Espionage.

a friend of mine worked with that exact kind of tapping test robot back in the early 2000s. He said it was kind of neat but the test device that actually generated way more useful data, and uncovered more bugs, was one of his own design named "squiddy". It consisted of some party streamers taped to a desk fan then pointed at the touch screen being tested.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    BTW if we had even delayed vaccination (like some parents who "just aren't sure" do), I'd be going to the ER right now because she would not have been protected

Fun fact: she has a rash on her back right now which is almost 100% ringworm but also resulted in lots of red blotches on her back. If I couldn't rely on knowing she's been vaccinated I'd be hyperventilating.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    Anyway I typed my anger into an email to my two reps SO

MAYBE I'LL ANGRILY BUILD A PARK

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Got a homework assignment for an interview and it’s giving me a lot of trouble : (

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I don't want it to be -10 degrees.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Hello chat friends!

How we all doing?

2sabd9.jpg

As a whole

We are kind of a stupid country

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    0zhXPkB.jpg

A1dUmuY.jpg

first off: British "people" amirite

second: still a French word for Frenchyphiliacs and similar pervosexuals

here it seems sort of random whether stores will call it squash or courgette (one each for the two chains I've worked at) and very occasionally it's possible to run into renegades using zucchini

seems like it's a vegetable that only got imported to danish cuisine pretty late I guess?

This discussion has been closed.