As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Auto Chess] Drodo's Auto Chess, Dota Underlords, and Teamfight Tactics!

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Rek'Sai best champion.

rk5pbdyao07x.jpeg

When I see one with a Tear or BF it's like hell yeah.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    RE: Underlords
    I feel like warrior comp was pretty strong prepatch and now with tidehunter joining the fray, warrior tribe is even stronger. Hunters might even be slightly underpowered given the amount of CC and physical damage reduction warriors have

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I'm playing TFT as of now (only a few games) and I have to ask...

*is there a way to see the names of the heroes offered at the draft phases? or see their class and ... whatever the other thing is? I have no idea who anyone is by site as of yet.

I upgraded my video card to play mortal kombat 11 but now starcraft 2 is giving me weird issues so I want something somewhat strategic to play... I have no idea how to pick between these 3 games so I just went with the one that two hearthstone streamers I like have picked up.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ejkw3z499uiw.png

pls somebody stoip me

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I see you have mastered both the blade and the gun. A very potent technique.

• Options
    Real talk though, why are so many Tier 3 units utter garbage? I think Ashe and Shyvana are the only ones I would call good.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Real talk though, why are so many Tier 3 units utter garbage? I think Ashe and Shyvana are the only ones I would call good.

which tier 3s you thinking of? almost all have uses with the right setups

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

*is there a way to see the names of the heroes offered at the draft phases? or see their class and ... whatever the other thing is? I have no idea who anyone is by site as of yet.

I upgraded my video card to play mortal kombat 11 but now starcraft 2 is giving me weird issues so I want something somewhat strategic to play... I have no idea how to pick between these 3 games so I just went with the one that two hearthstone streamers I like have picked up.
    I don't know of any, but for most of their "origins" their color scheme is usually pretty reliable:

Void: purples and blues
    Demon: purple/red and black
    Noble: white and gold
    Imperial: red and gray
    Pirate: green and brown
    Glacial: blue
    Wild: uhhhh fur?
    Yordles: are yordles
    Ninja: are ninja

But for the draft phase you probably want to be focusing on items, using something like this:
    https://progameguides.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/tft-full-item-cheat-sheet-1.png

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

Aatrox is shitty at one star but is baller at two
    GP is similar, if for nothing but getting you gunslinger and blademaster
    Kennen is pretty great too

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Got my first win of the new Underlords patch to move to Boss IV. They really want you to spend more money in the early rounds now. Which I'm fine with, the whole "store your money until you hit 50 gold and lvl 8" was getting stupid. Probably would have lost but I got a lucky *** Bedfellows to compliment my AM and 3-star TB on round 30 and rode it through to the end. Demons are still good, at least.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    edited

Variable on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    Got my first win of the new Underlords patch to move to Boss IV. They really want you to spend more money in the early rounds now. Which I'm fine with, the whole "store your money until you hit 50 gold and lvl 8" was getting stupid. Probably would have lost but I got a lucky *** Bedfellows to compliment my AM and 3-star TB on round 30 and rode it through to the end. Demons are still good, at least.

Got more details on how the patch has changed the meta? I haven't played since the patch, but was dominating at lower ranks with that really greedy economy strategy.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

This is why I didn't like dota auto chess. I play lol, I know these champs

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular

VayNE is pretty sweet

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    gunslinger seems pretty good right now

didn't even have a great combo but 4 gunslinger just hard carried my team

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    Things that are top shelf at the moment:

assassins + ninjas
    elementalists + anything
    gunslingers with cursed blade
    stacked aatrox
    early locket

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular

Volibear is one of the premier carry units right now. Kennen and Morg good, but inconsistent ults. Gangplank complete garbage without items but if you give him a utility item with his full synergies he can do a lot. Aatrox deletes nerds.

Rengar...needs some investment and then is okay. Been using him a few times in Wild teams to Cursed Blade the backline.

I've lost a lot of games trying to make Katarina work with two Mana items. Obviously she just needs three Mana items. Fun when it works at least.

Veigar is the most hilarious carry in the game if you can swing it. You have not mastered true tacticular mastery until 3 star Veigar one shots an ulting 2 star Swain.

I think Poppy is secretly really good now but Knight already feels bad by the time you can get her and Yordle collecting is hard.

Eve feels serviceable. She's had surprisingly good damage the couple times I used her and backline demon can be relevant.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    rengar is insanely good in any comp simply because he is the only character in the game who can have more than 25% crit - when he leaps he gets 50% crit chance from savagery. this means even in non assassin comps (eg 4wild) you can give him iedge shojin and he will F U C K... but he needs mana items to activate his crit

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Evasion + Damage reduction is like the perfect meatshield trait.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    So I've been digging into both Underworld and TFT. Prefer TFT and am now Silver IV, but the fact that Underworld is mobile means I can play in transit and before bed so, yeah.

I tend to prefer ranged comps when I can get them, and I hate stinky pirates, except for Miss Fortune, because she's a gunner more than a pirate in my heart.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    411Randle wrote: »

Got more details on how the patch has changed the meta? I haven't played since the patch, but was dominating at lower ranks with that really greedy economy strategy.

You really can't go econ because they nerfed all the endgame 5's into the ground. The good news is, it's more worth it to invest into trying to 3-star 3's and you can actually do it fairly regularly. Hunters got nerfed worst because Medusa's now a 5 and Tidehunter is now a 4 and no longer a Hunter, but all alliances got a lot better now that there are 3 ranks of the global items that you can get at any time in loot rounds. It's so much better to go for alliances rather than rush to the endgame units now. Also, all the creep rounds got seriously buffed so they're no longer loot pinatas, but now if you lose, you just get to select from 1 rank lower of loot instead of losing two options. Plus you take 1 extra damage every round you lose now. Overall, you have to build a more solid, smaller army early and be more aggressive about winning rounds, because you cannot absorb the early losses like you used to. Open fort is no longer an option.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I got first place today with 4 ninjas and 3 pirates

living the dream

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    I was on the wrong end of a 3* zed with rapidfire cannon and IE, with full assassin/ninja synergies, and it was the most insane thing I've seen in this game so far. He cut through my solid defensive glacial/elementalist team like through hot butter.

• Options
    4hbrx7t6k5d4.png

i should probably not be allowed to play this game

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    aypxa0xebzh0.png

this worked much better than it should have

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    draven with odd damage items is still draven with damage items

• Options
    imperial double damage applies to titanic <|8-)

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    it's dreadfully frustrating that TFT doesn't have rematch prevention. just dropped from 1st to a loss at 5th because i got matched against 2nd 3 times in a row and it deleted me because he had a blademaster pyke that could freely stunlock whoever he matched against.

like, that shit just sucks.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    I was wondering how the match-ups in TfT worked as well. Is there anything on line aboot it? It's hard to prep for opponents if it's all random......

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Anyone else having issues with the client crashing when trying to join a new TFT game? I hadn't had any trouble until yesterday but since then something like 75% of the matches I try to join have been failing. Sometimes I can reboot my machine and rejoin, but by the time I get back into the game it's 6-7 rounds in and I can't recover. My normal MMR is going to be in the toilet, assuming I'm ever able to play a game from the beginning again.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    so I played TFT for like 12 hours straight trying to learn. I lost, as in like 5-8, every game but one for all that time but I do feel like I learned. I don't know the items or the heroes but I finally got to where Ii don't needto read the descriptions every damn time which is a prerequisite for being able to play properly at all.

I think I was doing the equivalent of a macro build where you wait too long to turn things on... I'd watched a youtube video of Dog playing (a streamer II liked a lot from hearthstone, is part of why I actually tried this game finally) and he played greedy as hell but I didn't properly document at what point he started spending money, so i think I'm just waiting too long to make decisions.

I was playing ranked as well so I'mm not frustrated, I just wanted to learn against people I knew were playing for serious.

sidenote, I wish the Riot store was a bit easier to navigate, and I wish I could more easily look at my TFT match history. I just wanna look at all the novelty shit I could buy for this game but they don't seem to wanna make it that easy haha (I'll grant I'm 100% new to the UI, only played LoL once in like 2012)

edit - I haven't sat and played a game that dedicated since... well since mortal kombat earlier this week, but before these two games this week it was like starcraft way back in2012 and before... part of that is some personal stuff I won't get into, but this game immediately grabbed a special place for me just by keeping me focused for that long. coming in dead last did amazing things for making me truly want to learn.

Variable on
  • Options
    The feeling when you finish your 3-star carry too late for it to upgrade on the board, and then lose the fight and wash out of the game.

• Options
    Was able to fix things by forcing a repatch and I'm so glad that I did because I just lived the dream

xee9lrn4zq7x.jpg

Kneel before god-king Veigar! Tristana had RFC, cursed blade and slinger bonus so that not even enemy 3-stars were immune to Veigar's wrath. That was so much fun.

• Options
    I actually have no idea how this guy won; they didn't lose a single match, and my fully buffed assassin/ninja team did practically no damage to them.

by0eliastjtt.png

I know their Akali had a Shogai's and two other items but didn't catch anything besides that.

I love brawlers more than the next person but I'm still like ???

• Options
    That's impressive, I have yet to see anyone in TFT win with 100 hp remaining, while in Underlords it happens all the time.

• Options
    It happens a lot less in the higher ranks.

I couldn't resist, before they nerf Arc Warden into the ground (which they totally should), I just had to play one game of ArcMaiden. I didn't win because I got screwed on drops in terms of things that would actually help, but I basically coasted into second because that lineup wrecks. Getting all 4 primordials in the first 5 rounds didn't hurt either.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Was able to fix things by forcing a repatch and I'm so glad that I did because I just lived the dream

xee9lrn4zq7x.jpg

Kneel before god-king Veigar! Tristana had RFC, cursed blade and slinger bonus so that not even enemy 3-stars were immune to Veigar's wrath. That was so much fun.

something super fun is if you are going blademasters buy every veigar you see, and if he hits tier 3 you can blademaster shojin him - with 6blademaster he has a 45% chance to instantly ult with every auto

with hextech he also leeches for the one shot damage.... with hextech shojin he also has 200ad at level 3 so he also leeches 50 per auto, 150 on blademaster proc

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Midgame Yordles feel amazing in TFT at the moment. I've won three games now with god-king Veigar assisted by cursed blade Tristana, but it doesn't really matter which three you land. Every time I find myself with three Yordles in the midgame I feel like there are two relatively simple paths to a winning composition - you can often go full Yordle, but depending on which three you're running there's almost always an easy pivot to full-bore Sorcerer, Assassin/Ninja, Pirate/Gunslinger, Shapeshifter or even Glacial/Elementalist comps.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    My problem with yordles right now is that folks seem to be leaning less on stacked hyper ad carries. So much spell damage being thrown out in fights, the last couple of times I've gone yordles they do great early and mid, but endgame get torn up.

• Options
    I just got a 3-star Draven and Lucian, on top of 2-star Yasuo and Kayle. I could have afk'ed for the last five minutes of that game, that comp was cruise control to victory.