As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Auto Chess] Drodo's Auto Chess, Dota Underlords, and Teamfight Tactics!

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    fine, I won't try it! haha

I'm having enough fun with TFT, and fantasizing about playing this game with blizzard heroes hehehe

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Is ranking up just a flat top 3 thing?

Also I didn't see any arc wardens in my last game, booted until they can fix maybe?

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    2* yordles + sorc > 3* gunslingers with multiple cursed blades

vPdwwaN.jpg

Sensational on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    great thing about cursed blade is that it means everybody wastes their recurves

of course if they were wise they would realise that hush still has 50% proc rate is v op and builds out of tear and neg rather than recurve, letting you keep those precious recurves for rfcs and other such GOODNESS, but alas../.

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    this was too easy..
    tft.png?dl=0

up til the end, the shen was a garen just to eat hits, and the yasuo was a pike for extra gold. I was pretty comfortable so I started setting up to hit 6 blademasters if the game never ended. I had 3 3star gunslingers in the 4th round. plus the items.

edit - if there are any obvious mistakes here I'm happy to hear, I know it's just a literal snapshot so I'm not askaing per se but if there's anything silly I may well just not know about it.

Variable on
  • Options
    looks good, except you've got spear of shojin on graves, who does not cast abilities

if you know you're committing to gunslingers or blademasters, try to turn that BF sword into a bloodthirster instead (or gunblade on aatrox)

• Options
    looks good, except you've got spear of shojin on graves, who does not cast abilities

if you know you're committing to gunslingers or blademasters, try to turn that BF sword into a bloodthirster instead (or gunblade on aatrox)

that dropped as a complete item and I wasn't sure what to do with it as I'm still not sure how mana/spells/spell damage all works in the game, but thanks for that advice! I originally just assumed sorcs cast spells but at some point I decided everyone casts spells and that having mana would help them so I just sort of tossed it on whoever was strong. I'll actually look into how all that functions tomorrow, thanks again.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I've won a couple of times with this comp. Seems not a lot of people go Shapeshifters, so it's not very hard to get 3-star Shyvana. And 3-star Shyv wrecks every face there is to wreck. For this game, mine had Warmogs and phantom dancer, so she barely took damage.
    8t2sq4ebx74s.png

• Options
    happy because I thought I bombed a game but I came in third

annoyed because I forgot that for zero reaon the lol launcher defaults me back to 'normal' instead of 'ranked' all the time. I guess I get that they'd rather people accidentally play normal than accidentally play ranked, but I set it quite deliberately! is there a setting somewhere else to stop it from switching?

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    OH MY GOD WHY DID THEY DO THIS TO PRIMORDIALS

WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD BALANCE CHANGE
    411Randle wrote: »
    OH MY GOD WHY DID THEY DO THIS TO PRIMORDIALS

WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD BALANCE CHANGE

Everyone losing to ridiculous ArcWarden combos and having heroes get stunlocked into oblivion thought it was an excellent idea

I saw the patch but haven't had a chance to play yet. Is it really that bad?

• Options
    following my game last night, and if I ignore the accidental 3rd place that wasn't in ranked :P, I hvae 3 first places in a row. the one picture above and then 2 6ass/4ninja combos, both with 3 3 stars by the end. just insane. perfect items too.

once you know how to plan ahead and make changes the game really opens up.

• Options
    Variable wrote: »

that dropped as a complete item and I wasn't sure what to do with it as I'm still not sure how mana/spells/spell damage all works in the game, but thanks for that advice! I originally just assumed sorcs cast spells but at some point I decided everyone casts spells and that having mana would help them so I just sort of tossed it on whoever was strong. I'll actually look into how all that functions tomorrow, thanks again.

I can synthesize it down for you.

basics:
    - champions have one ability and a mana bar; whenever they attack or get attacked, they gain a bit of mana, and once the mana bar fills up, they cast their ability
    - four champs (kass, graves, vayne, draven) have passive abilities and no mana bar
    - shapeshifter champs cast their abilities only once, to transform into their other shape (except swain, whose transformation is temporary)
    - most abilities do magic damage and are boosted by spell damage
    - abilities can be countered by 1) burning mana (demon synergy, kass) 2) silence (the hush item you put on trist) 3) freeze and 4) magic resistance

more in-depth:
    - giving tears to a champion fills their mana bar by 20 per tear to start the round, thus speeding up their first ability cast
    - champs have different mana pools, from 25 to 150
    - some champs (shen) start with a partially filled mana bar by default to help them get their critical ability off before dying
    - seraph's embrace gives a flat 20 mana after each cast, while spear of shojin boosts mana gain from basic attacks after the first cast
    - you want to put those items on someone who 1) has a powerful ability and 2) will live long enough to cast it multiple times
    - broadly speaking, seraph's is more effective on small mana pool champs, and shojin on big mana pool or high attack rate champs
    - gunblade provides lifesteal off abilities and can be incredibly effective in combination with above items
    - sorcerer synergy bonus is +% to spell damage for THE WHOLE TEAM, not just sorcerers
    - spell damage can boost non-damage abilities such as lulu's health boost

That's all I can think of right now, if someone knows more, please fill in.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    I play so rarely that even when I lose in Underlords I still rank up 2 levels

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    just won a game of tft with double sorcerer ionic spark lucian and shojin assassin tier 3 lulu

sometimes u just get some strange items from dragons

no joke having 2gunslinger 6sorc if you get a spatula combo is kinda great

you can go ludens sorc lucian red buff morello + x trist and the lucian will chain proc ludens because sorc doubles his mana income and he only has 35 mana and procs ludens every time he shoots, and with 6sorc sorc item and ludens he has 160 spell power, which means at rank 2 only his double shot does 600 damage with 800 in aoe, proccing on cooldown

meanwhile trist still has double shot from gunslinger, procs morello whenever her bomb goes off and red buff whenever she hits anybody, and will act as a nifty healing debuff dispenser

its pretty fun and because tf is sorc tagged you can drop either lucian or trist for gp tf pyke pirate gold opener, or do a wild sorc pirate opener with ahri etc

very strong and flexible

or go 3sorc 4gunslinger wild/brawler

also worth noting that MF is absolutely NUTS in a sorc comp as her ult scales with ap - a 6sorc level 1 mf ulting with zero items does 1600 damage....

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    holy shit thank you so much. I thought my shapeshifters shifted at low life, but sometimes died too quickly... and then I just had no explanation for why they sometimes transformed with high life hahaha.

so so so appreciated @sensational

edit - I see now. so, I thought putting that item on graves was good because everyone has mana. then when you said that was a bad person to put it on, I thought oh only sorcs have mana.

but it turns out I could have put that item on almost anyone but graves and it would have been better hahaha. excellent.

Variable on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    sorcs already get double mana generation even, so usually you want to put it on someone who attacks a lot because the % mana is bigger for them.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Knight_ wrote: »
    sorcs already get double mana generation even, so usually you want to put it on someone who attacks a lot because the % mana is bigger for them.

right, so lucian gets 7mana per shot normally, so with sorc he gets 14 - its like better shojin as 15% of his mana pool is fookin nothing

you can meme even harder with runaans which will also give mana for the bonus attacks - 4gunslinger morello red buff runaans trist can hit 8 targets with red buff in a single shot and instantly apply another bomb \0/

this is of course even more abusive with blademaster, which can proc off the runaans AND the gunslinger, so you can do really stupid things with hush/cursed blade but it's too degenerate to consider

ashe runaans shojin w/ rageblade is another fairly disgusting case...

if you can make stars align i did have a tier 3 veigar with blademaster / shojin / runaans and he would ult every auto

also interestingly blademaster breaks graves melee range - because his attacks hit outside melee and blademaster rolls the bonus attacks on targets you hit, he will attack targets that are outside his usual range if they are in the cone. 6blademaster graves is actually nuts albeit very fragile

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    thanks!

I know people generally prioritize items over heroes in the carousel but it can be so heart breaking. honestly I am trying to 100% ignore the characters at this point. because even if you get a good one, it sometimes isn't where you want the item (in fact... usually, it seems) and that can lead to other hard choices later.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Underlords is fucked. The balance changes Valve made have made the game worse and shorter in an unfun way. I never see games get past round 35 anymore! This is awful!

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Underlords is fucked. The balance changes Valve made have made the game worse and shorter in an unfun way. I never see games get past round 35 anymore! This is awful!

i actually don't hate that they shortened games. I felt games were too long before.

• Options
    felt like I'm starting to understand this game and then I get 6th place with 3 3 star units while no one else had any. definitely need to learn more about how different builds interact. apparently gunslingers get laughed at pretty hard by brawler/glacial

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Well, I've made it to gold rank in TFT and barely feel like I properly and fully understand all the foibles of this game yet.

Am I a prodigy or just a lucky bastard?

I've never come close to sniffing Gold rank in standard League.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

Honestly it feels great. Makes the early/mid game stuff feel less like being about aggressively saving to 50 and then letting late game units fix your slubby board state.

It makes early game rolls a little too impactful and comebacks harder but those can be adjusted.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I've never seen an Underlords game get much past round 35 ever, so I'm struggling to see the problem. I think I fought the Year Beast once ever.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    felt like I'm starting to understand this game and then I get 6th place with 3 3 star units while no one else had any. definitely need to learn more about how different builds interact. apparently gunslingers get laughed at pretty hard by brawler/glacial
    Yeah and that may well just be RNG. I had built up a good comp recently with a solid front line and my friend's Gunslinger/Ranger comp just ate through it despite her only having an Aatrox** and an Elise** for a front line. But she had 4 or 5 ***s in that back line so the damage has horrendous.

In the last week I've been considering whether I should just cold quit this game like I did Hearthstone very early after its release. I liked the Blizzard universe, the game was really polished, and after a game I felt compelled to play another, but the randomness also drove me nuts. I'm starting to have a similar experience in TFT, where although I will find myself hankering to play another it doesn't feel like what I do is the main determinant of my outcome so much as how luck favors myself or an opponent.

Also, I hear some people talk about cards being a shared draft, but how does that really work? If I reroll do those cards become available for others or have they been consumed? When I sell a unit does it go into the pool? How big is the pool, eg can 3 people likely build wild or just 1?

• Options
    I don't have it in on hand but I know there's a breakdown of how many of each rank of unit is available, in which case other people buying them definitely limits what you can do. I assumed selling them put them back in but idk for sure. near the end of the game you can grab units to try and keep them from others, especially high tier stuff, but I'm not sure if you have to actually hold it or if you could theoretically buy and immediately sell just to remove it from the pool. I like to think they get added back in, so that when I sell something and then see one the next round I can just tell myself 'it's the one I sold' instead of feeling regret haha.

and yeah, I played hearthstone for like 2 years and then quit after one particularly bad loss. as with this game I feel like you can work around the randomness and whereas hearthstone you had to accept that if you won like 2/3 you were quite good, in this game it's even more flexible, since you don't need first place to 'win'. BUT it's also extremely frustrating sometimes haha, especially since there's RNG in units you're offered, items you get, gold you get, and even in the battles themselves. you can only set yourself up so well.

but I find the UI incredibly satisfying and I think it's a cool game. I suppose I can't say for sure how long I'll play it or anything but I definitely think the hearthstone comparison is apt, it's basically a card game (the streamer dog uses terminology like "all in", even, for when he commits to a plan). I think there are some card games that play similarly where you build a deck based on draws and such.

anyway, I've said this a mllion times but I like having a slightly softer RNG reliant game to counter-act intense games. at times the dichotomy for me has been starcraft/hearthstone, right now it's mortal kombat/tft. at least until I figure out why starcraft shits the bed regularly on my computer. (talking multiplayer only obviously but that's where I spend most of my gaming time)

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    [Also, I hear some people talk about cards being a shared draft, but how does that really work? If I reroll do those cards become available for others or have they been consumed? When I sell a unit does it go into the pool? How big is the pool, eg can 3 people likely build wild or just 1?
    I don't have it in on hand but I know there's a breakdown of how many of each rank of unit is available, in which case other people buying them definitely limits what you can do. I assumed selling them put them back in but idk for sure. near the end of the game you can grab units to try and keep them from others, especially high tier stuff, but I'm not sure if you have to actually hold it or if you could theoretically buy and immediately sell just to remove it from the pool. I like to think they get added back in, so that when I sell something and then see one the next round I can just tell myself 'it's the one I sold' instead of feeling regret haha.

To clarify, selling and player elimination puts them back into the rotation. Pool is different depending on the "tier" / cost of the unit--1-costs, for example, have I think 36 copies (so in theory up to 4 people could 3-star them). 5-costs have 9 or 10 in the rotation total, from what I recall; others are somewhere in-between.

So if you buy one and immediately sell it, people can start seeing it as long as they reroll after (I assume).

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    I'm trying the TfT grind. Anyone else just shootin' for top 4?

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Thanks Ivellius! Where'd you learn that?! I had looked a bit with no luck.
    I'm surprised to see Ashe on the buff side, she seems like one of the strongest to me. I've seen people with big money and stacked comps keeping her in there at tier 1.

Actually, hahaha, the other night I fought someone and near the end of the fight they had Ashe at very low health and someone else at less than a third hp, I think Volibear. I had a big Veigar and a Tier 3 someone or other both near full hp, figured I'd clinched it.

... The Ashe perfectly switched between targets and both my champs were frozen from that moment until death :p

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    So is most of here playing TFT or autochess?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    So is most of here playing TFT or autochess?

Team fights I think.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Most people are playing TFT, yeah. Underlords is probably second?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    I started out addicted to Underlords, but since (reluctantly) trying TFT, I've switched over and haven't looked back.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    I started out addicted to Underlords, but since (reluctantly) trying TFT, I've switched over and haven't looked back.

Oh good to hear, been playing Underlords for a couple weeks but everyone I know started at TFT, so maybe I’ll download that tonight.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Noticed nobody was grabbing any gunslingers, so I decided to follow in @surrealitycheck 's footsteps.

jsetflb15vtv.png

Got knocked down to 3 health pretty early on, and then I got the shrink knife and blademaster on Trist and gunblade, blademaster, and... something* on Lucian, and then that was the game I guess.

Whole lotta shoot mans happened.

* oh, it was the Hush that my Pyke had, but that was later

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    aww yee

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I just lost (4th place) a game because I could not for the life of me find a Leona to be my sixth noble. Afterwards I see sixth place had a two star Leona... with no other nobles or guardians.

who the eff

• Options
    4th place is technically winning!! :D

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I won with Glacier/Elementalist, which is a pretty hilarious combo.