Options

[WARFRAME] Mesa Prime access ending, Oberon Prime vaulted, Equinox Prime arrives - 4/2

• Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i made my first kavat for the riven challenge of finding 3 casches while have an active pet. it turned out to be a smeeta, so yay!
    i named him beans and bought him wings. he is dark blue and gold. overall i'm very pleased.
    the riven turned out to be a magnus riven. meh.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    Hit mastery level ten!! Heeeeelllooooooooo Amprex! And Arca Plasmor, and and and....

Oh this game satisfies so many itches (and makes you burn in places you'd heretofore never imagined!)

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Well. This weeks riven challenges were...ok. Silver grove specters were painless since I teamed up with two clannies and we each used an apotheotic each. The Index challenge required more work but basicly it was "two guys focus on defense while two others take turns being auxilliary defense and carrier". Fishing is just as stupid as always. Plains of Eidolon is such a grindfest.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    This week was my first time doing that Silver Grove thing. Lucky for me I had been collecting a bunch of plants from before. And now I have another frame waiting in my foundry for me to trade for Plat and unlock some slots.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I pugged the Index one pretty easily. Brought Mesa, sat on the point, and murdered everything that came in eyesight while the other dudes scored points.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I pugged the Index one pretty easily. Brought Mesa, sat on the point, and murdered everything that came in eyesight while the other dudes scored points.

The index weekly is mostly about making sure no one on your team dies. No way for the enemies to get points as long as that's happening. Having someone guard the enemy goal in case your group is fighting near that is a good safeguard in case someone does die but so long as folks don't go HAM into bad fights it's just a precaution.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

The index weekly is mostly about making sure no one on your team dies. No way for the enemies to get points as long as that's happening. Having someone guard the enemy goal in case your group is fighting near that is a good safeguard in case someone does die but so long as folks don't go HAM into bad fights it's just a precaution.

Weeeeell. They can get points from each other if you miss a glowie.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I find that is the most common way. Without loot vacuum it's easy to miss one.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options

Wait, you mean some people in the Index aren't constantly diving in on glowies no matter if they were involved in the kill or not? When did this happen?

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

Wait, you mean some people in the Index aren't constantly diving in on glowies no matter if they were involved in the kill or not? When did this happen?

Some people are deathly afraid of the debuffs so just leave them on the ground. The good ones actually bother to put a waypoint on dropped tokens.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Sometimes someone's trying to get them all on a Rhino or the like.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »

Sometimes someone's trying to get them all on a Rhino or the like.

This. When my friends and I did it, I was goaltending and therefore avoiding points entirely. It would suck to be goalie, and have one solitary point screw up your attempt via a random gibbing.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

It's more efficient to have a point carrier than to spread them all around

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I do hope there will be some sort of catch-up mechanic for nightwave. Nothing too crazy, but I do tend to leave one or two challenges undone a week due to restrictions on time and other games.

As amusing as it has been, I hope night wave doesn't stick around, or in future iterations that they cut down on the number of tasks. Already way too many of my games are attacking my free time with battle passes, and as someone who HATES potentially being locked out of stuff forever, I feel obligated to do them. Warframe feels like work now, constantly having the specter of these tasks I need to complete hovering over my shoulder. Why are you loading up that Akkad/Eris to relax and unwind, my brain asks me; there's still X, Y, and Z to do! And I'm not going to allow you to enjoy yourself until you've ticked those boxes!

I just thank Christ that I paid up for Excal Prime in the beta. I probably would have done something really unwise with my money to get access, like buying an account for a thousand dollars or something.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I'm hoping that the last week just has something like an assassination mission opening up for the Wolf, with credit every time you fight him.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »

Oh I know that. But it sometimes feels like I'm the only one that knows that in PuGs. The 4 Rhino dive fest is far more common.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    I'm hoping that the last week just has something like an assassination mission opening up for the Wolf, with credit every time you fight him.

This last week I only had him spawn in one mission so yeah I'm hoping for something like this too.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

Oh I know that. But it sometimes feels like I'm the only one that knows that in PuGs. The 4 Rhino dive fest is far more common.

what happens to me is that I'm Ash, everyone else is Rhino, I'm trying to mark points for them and they... ignore me completely.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Still haven't seen him!

I legit think he's scared of me.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Dac wrote: »
    I do hope there will be some sort of catch-up mechanic for nightwave. Nothing too crazy, but I do tend to leave one or two challenges undone a week due to restrictions on time and other games.

As amusing as it has been, I hope night wave doesn't stick around, or in future iterations that they cut down on the number of tasks. Already way too many of my games are attacking my free time with battle passes, and as someone who HATES potentially being locked out of stuff forever, I feel obligated to do them. Warframe feels like work now, constantly having the specter of these tasks I need to complete hovering over my shoulder. Why are you loading up that Akkad/Eris to relax and unwind, my brain asks me; there's still X, Y, and Z to do! And I'm not going to allow you to enjoy yourself until you've ticked those boxes!

I just thank Christ that I paid up for Excal Prime in the beta. I probably would have done something really unwise with my money to get access, like buying an account for a thousand dollars or something.

Ummm ... I have never completed all the acts for a single week. Sometimes I leave only 5K on the table and other weeks I leave 18K on the table. This week I had about 13K worth of acts that I could NOT do for various reasons. I hit rank 18 last night. More than halfway there at week five of ten. Do yourself a favor and don't obsess over getting every single point/act. IDK why we all feel like if we don't do all the acts we will miss something ... we're not. The worst that will happen for me is that I don't get too many ranks past 30 ... which in and of itself means that I miss some wolf cred (for each level past 30) and that I miss either potatoes or nitain. The world won't end ... plus it's easy enough to just crack relics to earn 20p (BTW which is only 10 pieces of prime junk whoot) and buy a potato/slot/forma etc.

You ONLY NEED TO DO ABOUT 60-65% of the acts to reach rank 30 ... everything after that is GRAVY. Save yourself some stress and just do what you can when you can. The fishing thing was what 3K points ... if you didn't do that because you hate fishing then as long as you did 65% of the rest of the weeklies you will hit rank 30. The funniest part is ... you are hearing this from an OCD person who has to loot every container in a level or I feel that I'm missing something ... even when I don't need those resources from that level. If I can ignore those points and just enjoy the ride ... doing what I can ... then I'm sure you can.

Edit:
    Would anyone on the Switch be interested in some last-minute radsharing and/or Hieracon tomorrow? I'm trying to get Oberon Prime Systems before the relic goes away.
    Ummm ... which relic was that again ... and do I have any? *runs to go and look up the relics* My apologies I don't have any Axi relics and I don't have enough void traces to make anything else radiant. If I could help I would.

dipuc4life on
    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options

what happens to me is that I'm Ash, everyone else is Rhino, I'm trying to mark points for them and they... ignore me completely.

Sounds like your 2 is too effective.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Wow ... Just checked this weeks acts ... feels like groundhog day. Let's see ... 10K of purely unreachable (for me), 11K of what the heck I dun wanna but can be done (with 5K being I dislike nightmare missions, 3K needing some assistance, and 3K being POE why ... just why).

Switch clan ... there is another 4 orokin vaults act this week so maybe we could get together and knock that one out like we did last time. It's only 3K points but ... might as well get points where I can since I dunno if I'm gonna even attempt the nightmare missions.

On a side related note ... DE ... why you gotta push nightmare missions down our throats. I get that they are not really that hard but ... man ... ugh. Same thing for POE bounties ... *shakes fist* monkeys balls man.

• Options
    Managed to get Oberon Prime Systems, and the new challenges don't seem that bad. I guess I can relax for a bit now.

They push nightmare missions because nightmare missions have rewards that you need. Check the drop tables, they're amazing.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    halfway through the 10 nightmares just snagging the ones that can be done quick, managed to get some mods I didn't have yet, not sure if that puts my nightmare mods as completely collected.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Managed to get Oberon Prime Systems, and the new challenges don't seem that bad. I guess I can relax for a bit now.

They push nightmare missions because nightmare missions have rewards that you need. Check the drop tables, they're amazing.

As an example, Blaze is one of the best gun mods in the game, at 60% damage, 60% heat, for like... 8 or 9 points for shotguns.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    edited April 2019

As an example, Blaze is one of the best gun mods in the game, at 60% damage, 60% heat, for like... 8 or 9 points for shotguns.

And then there's Drifting Contact, which is critically important but was bugged to never show up in alerts (which don't even exist any more).

edit: It looks like Blaze actually has a 1% reward rate from Nightmare missions. It didn't matter back when it showed up on alerts (which is how I got mine), but now that alerts are gone...

jothki on
  • Options
    It is true that the nightmare mods are ... enticing but nightmare missions in general are ... mama mia. At least they let you choose which missions you want to attempt so there is that.

Also, is it just me or do people just invite you to a match out of the blue, even when they are not on your friend list in game. I accept friend request from anybody and I am willing to help out a friend in need when I am invited to a mission but ... at least message me first dawg/boo ... your goals may not line up with mines, I may not have the right loadout, and last but not least ... common courtesy is a thing. At least message me first before you invite me to God knows where to do who knows what. I mean ... a guy can get molested in a strange place with strange people they don't know. It happens all the time ... but it would be like if I showed up at your door, you don't know me but I am inviting you out to party, plus I have a mask on my face. Pump yo brakes.

• Options
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    It is true that the nightmare mods are ... enticing but nightmare missions in general are ... mama mia. At least they let you choose which missions you want to attempt so there is that.

Also, is it just me or do people just invite you to a match out of the blue, even when they are not on your friend list in game. I accept friend request from anybody and I am willing to help out a friend in need when I am invited to a mission but ... at least message me first dawg/boo ... your goals may not line up with mines, I may not have the right loadout, and last but not least ... common courtesy is a thing. At least message me first before you invite me to God knows where to do who knows what. I mean ... a guy can get molested in a strange place with strange people they don't know. It happens all the time ... but it would be like if I showed up at your door, you don't know me but I am inviting you out to party, plus I have a mask on my face. Pump yo brakes.

Timed Mode is a trivial condition - you kill shit fast enough to end missions with more time than you started with. Significantly.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Timed Mode is a trivial condition - you kill shit fast enough to end missions with more time than you started with. Significantly.

You've only got a few minutes!

*ends mission with nearly 30 minutes remaining*

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Similarly, vampire mode is Always At Full Health mode.
    No shields mode is I Was Bringing A Rage Tanker Anyway, W/E mode.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

No Shields Mode is the Inaros & Nidus Buddy Cop Show.

• Options

If you're cool you use Saryn.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

One's a robot mummy from Mars!
    One's a cancerous horror from beyond space!
    They Fight Crime!

• Options
    I always take Valkyr for no shields mode, at least if it's not corpus (fuck those nullifiers so much).

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Also Rhino.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    My go-to tank these days is Nezha.

• Options
    I just realized that I'm behind the eight-ball on fractures. I've got 40 so I need ~9 full canisters to reach 100 in just around 5 days. Not horrible but not great either. Playing random public matches have been all kinds of borked for me. It seems that the game throws you on the busiest instance of Orb Vallis when you select the mission node from navigation. That doesn't play well with my internet connection. On top of that randos will still go to extraction if you crash on the last fracture meaning you don't get squat for helping during the first three fractures. It doesn't help that fractures have been buggy in general.

I am definitely going to be hitting the recruiting channel and the Warframe discord hard over the next few days. With the exception of the nightmare missions and the POE bounties, fractures is all I'll be doing for the next few days. Star chart progress goes on the back burner ... again. LOL. Thank goodness most of the acts for this week are relatively easy. I can knock out three 3k weekly acts in one night ... so that is happening later this week.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

Ummm ... I have never completed all the acts for a single week. Sometimes I leave only 5K on the table and other weeks I leave 18K on the table. This week I had about 13K worth of acts that I could NOT do for various reasons. I hit rank 18 last night. More than halfway there at week five of ten. Do yourself a favor and don't obsess over getting every single point/act. IDK why we all feel like if we don't do all the acts we will miss something ... we're not. The worst that will happen for me is that I don't get too many ranks past 30 ... which in and of itself means that I miss some wolf cred (for each level past 30) and that I miss either potatoes or nitain. The world won't end ... plus it's easy enough to just crack relics to earn 20p (BTW which is only 10 pieces of prime junk whoot) and buy a potato/slot/forma etc.

You ONLY NEED TO DO ABOUT 60-65% of the acts to reach rank 30 ... everything after that is GRAVY. Save yourself some stress and just do what you can when you can. The fishing thing was what 3K points ... if you didn't do that because you hate fishing then as long as you did 65% of the rest of the weeklies you will hit rank 30. The funniest part is ... you are hearing this from an OCD person who has to loot every container in a level or I feel that I'm missing something ... even when I don't need those resources from that level. If I can ignore those points and just enjoy the ride ... doing what I can ... then I'm sure you can.

Roughly 70.25% of the total standing assuming a ten-week nightwave as was originally mentioned, actually, not of the acts. I did the math. Basically the Elites weigh a lot in this system (three elites being over a third of the weekly standing), so in a way how much you can afford to just not do stuff depends on how much you can manage the Elites instead of other stuff. If you can do all the Elites you're probably good.

Personally, since I often miss Elites, such as this week where I missed two of them, I can't really afford to miss weeklies or dailies.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I have only today gotten my first batch of Wolf Creds.

I think it's safe to say the Umbra Forma, let alone the Wolf armor set, are well beyond my reach this season. I can only hope it encores at a later date when I'm not so anxious about my free time and how I spend it.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    The rank 26 nightwave reward is a cosmetic. The rank 27 reward is something you'll get plenty of in other ways. The rank 28 reward is a cosmetic. The rank 29 reward is something that's both too good to use and too specialized to make a meaningful difference if you do use it. The rank 30 reward is a cosmetic.

There's not much point in pushing all of the way to 30 unless you plan on pushing even further.

This discussion has been closed.