As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb] Lovitz or Leave It

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I had never seen this gem or at least I don't remember it.
    https://youtu.be/us2s_ZaujPc

I have watched this many times and it always makes me laugh. I am so happy you’ve discovered it.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I'd guarantee it wasn't constructed with an intent to belittle his appearance, this is not an anti-men crusade let's not get dramatic about it. The optics were poor and people took it in (legitimate) ways that she probably wasn't aiming for

I don't think it's anti-men at all. It would be just as shitty if it was the reverse.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Yeah, I can understand the disappointment even if I didn't even read that much into the tweet. But I agree, even if you (or Abby in this case) didn't intend to offend, some people might interpret things differently. The least she anyone could do is at least attempt to understand why some people are upset.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    in other news

AUSTIN IN ON THE BEASTCAST

https://ckunzelman.itch.io/the-austin-walker-soundboard

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    I'd guarantee it wasn't constructed with an intent to belittle his appearance, this is not an anti-men crusade let's not get dramatic about it. The optics were poor and people took it in (legitimate) ways that she probably wasn't aiming for
    Intent is not the end-all and be-all, you can hurt people without intent just as easily as you can on purpose.

Yes, and then how you respond to the comments that what your said was shitty is very important. Unfortunately Abby choose to double-down.

• Options
    I'm gonna say you do you BUT be aware that does not mean everyone has to agree with your hot takes.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Yeah, as a lapsed BeastCast listener as well, seeing that Austin was a guest on the BeastCast this week meant it was an instant download and listen.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    The Beastcast is most of the reason I keep my subscription. The Bombcast has been rough for a while and without Jeff it was really rough sometimes. But I did appreciate a lot of the rotating guests.

Now that Jeff is back I more or less know what I’m getting on Tuesday. Also I was really excited to hear how he talked about Control. I’m in no hurry to play that game but I don’t think I’ve heard Jeff that effusive about any game this year.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i'm secretly hoping control comes to gamepass since i want to try it but don't think i'll end up beating it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah Jeff really sold me on Control...but man between Gears 5, Link's Awakening it's a tough sell right now for me!

• Options
    Control is a very hard game to Google, but also just reminds me of that Camila Cabello bop, "She Loves Control", which is appropriate for the critical response that game is receiving.

As for its GOTY potential, sometimes Jeff gushes about a game and it's Titanfall 2 and he fights and claws for it on the main list, and sometimes Jeff gushes about a game and it's Horizon Zero Dawn and even he doesn't care about it by the time the GOTY talks happen

steam_sig.png

• Options
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I'm itching to play through Control but I'm partway through Quantum Break right now, which has a stranglehold on my hard disk space. (It's also what's pushed me towards installing Gears 5 on my PC this time around)
    Glal wrote: »
    Intent is not the end-all and be-all, you can hurt people without intent just as easily as you can on purpose.

Which is why I explicitly said that people's grievances were legitimate. I'm not disagreeing with it being hurtful, I'm disagreeing with it being some kind of anti-men agenda like people perceive from feminists like Abby

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I don't think anyone said that?

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Check the previous page.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Check the previous page.

Okay.
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Jeeze you guys lately.

The tweet is fine, funny even. He's a goofy looking dude married to freaking cate blanchette, everybody knows he's goofy looking, nobody is actually bothered by this. That tweet is super on brand for Abby, it's pro women, anti man in a playful way.
    Knight_ wrote: »
    The tweet sucks, the response makes it much worse.

I’m 100% on board with anti-men jokes, but this isn’t that.

These are the only 3 times "anti-men/man" were used on the previous page. People weren't "disagreeing with it being some kind of anti-men agenda like people perceive from feminists like Abby", they universally didn't like it for the body/appearance shaming.

You put up a straw man. No one was getting dramatic about the anti-men angle.

• Options
    Okay.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The tweets not great but Abby is what 22 or something? Not to be ageist but being a public person that young probably isn’t great considering the amount of foot in mouth you do. I’ll let a lot slide for that reason alone.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    She's like 26.

• Options
    Oh, well 26 is the new 22 like the saying goes.

• Options
    Some of my favorite internet peeps are about my age or a few years younger and every time I watch them I have to suppress mild self-loathing that I never had the drive to push myself to work as hard as they do

How old is Ben roughly, out of curiosity?

• Options
    Some of my favorite internet peeps are about my age or a few years younger and every time I watch them I have to suppress mild self-loathing that I never had the drive to push myself to work as hard as they do

He’s probably around 22 I’d say

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

He’s probably around 22 I’d say

Probably that or 26.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    The new Heave Ho playdate where they use the power of farts to propel themselves up the chimney is some quality GB.

Although Alex could have climbed out while Vinny held onto his head.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Man I don't think I like Dan anymore
    He's insufferable in that Astral Chain quicklook

• Options
    Funny thing is that Dan's presence in Vinnystainia is mostly responsible for propelling the playthrough forward and maintaining momentum whenever they start to meander, counter to nearly every other recent East feature to date
    Granted basically anyone who had played the game as much as he did could do the same, but it is still amusing that as the only one of the group who 100%ed Bloodstained he is basically the authority on where they should be going and what they should be doing (despite probably still being incorrect about things here and there)
    "Would you rather pee a marble or poop a softball" is really a soul-draining moment, though

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    I am okay with his questions and stuff, I really hate it when he's in frustration mode, another example i can think of is how he basically ruined the Yakuza 0 endurance run with his tantrums

I guess he works much better as a support

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Funny thing is that Dan's presence in Vinnystainia is mostly responsible for propelling the playthrough forward and maintaining momentum whenever they start to meander, counter to nearly every other recent East feature to date
    Granted basically anyone who had played the game as much as he did could do the same, but it is still amusing that as the only one of the group who 100%ed Bloodstained he is basically the authority on where they should be going and what they should be doing (despite probably still being incorrect about things here and there)
    "Would you rather pee a marble or poop a softball" is really a soul-draining moment, though
    poop a softball. it's not even close

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options

a) it's not too late to motivate yourself to get to somewhere you want to be.

b) some of it is also just dumbass luck and that's out of your control.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    You'd be surprised what you can fit up a butt.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

almost all of it is dumbass survivor bias luck.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    You are assuming a whoooole lot about what I’ve seen out here on the internet.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I tried to watch the astral chain quicklook and it sure is obnoxious to have Dan just be rapidly button pressing through the dialogue while just complaining about it instead of explaining like "oh this isn't important" or something. It's a quest he hasn't done and he just dismisses it immediately without letting it play out for the viewer.

The dreamcast anniversary stream was cool, I never got to see a lot of those games and they look neat.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Knight_ wrote: »

almost all of it is dumbass survivor bias luck.

Yes but you can maximize your opportunities for a lucky break, such as with networking. Everyone hates doing it but I've had so many job interviews that basically come from one of my connections introducing me to someone or passing my resume along. I'm pretty sure my next job will come from someone I know, or someone I know who knows someone.

But I mean, I completely agree the odds are stacked against most of us. But there's only so much an individual can do about it. Edit: but that doesn't mean there's nothing you can do about it.

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    Also physiologically the colon isn't typically as innervated as the urinary tract, so a softball is going to give someone a bad time at the final two sphincters whereas that marble is going to hurt for the entire journey

• Options
    edited September 2019
    From the most recent Beastcast, Dan mentions Astral Chain locking him into a 10 minute dog related cutscene right as the Quick Look started that he had to mash through for the sake of the home audience. Is this the stuff people were mad Dan was skipping through?

edit: I know almost nothing about this game other than it's on the Switch and it's a Platinum joint. But it also kinda sounds like Remember Me with the combos you can change?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    From the most recent Beastcast, Dan mentions Astral Chain locking him into a 10 minute dog related cutscene right as the Quick Look started that he had to mash through for the sake of the home audience. Is this the stuff stuff people were mad Dan was skipping through?

It's a side quest, not really a cutscene. He talked to a person and they roped him into a sidequest, then dan skipped all the dialogue and complained it was making him do the side quest.

It's basically the very start of the astral chain quicklook if you want to see.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    From the most recent Beastcast, Dan mentions Astral Chain locking him into a 10 minute dog related cutscene right as the Quick Look started that he had to mash through for the sake of the home audience. Is this the stuff stuff people were mad Dan was skipping through?

Clicking through dialogue when it seems to be an integral component of the game to get to what Dan considers to be the good stuff is an editorial decision I personally have issues with.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Also, if they don't think it would be fun for the viewers then cut that bit out, or play past it and restart the QL there. Personally I don't need an excuse to listen to Vinny and Dan waffle, but I also wouldn't consider it hot content that needs to be included either.

This discussion has been closed.