As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb] Lovitz or Leave It

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    i'd rather run some games on a burgr

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    i'd rather run some games on a burgr

Excuse me, burgr was my ‘00s food delivery internet startup. I got 10 million in VC, never delivered a single burger, and went out of business.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I think Ben has been steadily becoming Jeff’s most reliable improv partner, and I’m loving it.
    A lot of Ben’s humor falls flat for me. He’ll say a thing and a second later I’ll realize it was supposed to be funny.
    He's grown on me a lot and I love his interactions with Abby, but the "when someone makes a corny joke do forced laugh loud enough to clip the mic for far too long" bit drives me up the wall.

Glal on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I've never even heard of that slur before, I'd have had no idea I'd said something wrong.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    For Italians.

They were talking about Burger King's sandwich, the charbroiled Whopper, and ooops, don't abbreviate that!

what the hell is a CW? failed TV network?

i'm clearly missing something here

Abbreviate, not an acronym.

adjusts glasses: technically that's an initialism.

I'll see myself out.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    as an italian canadian with a first gen immigrant father i have heard that slur alot

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    as an italian canadian with a first gen immigrant father i have heard that slur alot

I’m half British / half Italian and a little bit older than Vinny. I have heard that phrase a whole bunch the first part of my life.

Alex gets a pass because that was not intentional and just doesnt need to be taken any further than what it was.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Dan saying that he is not cutting the line when he enters through the bathroom exit to circumvent it entirely is very obviously a bit. The rest, not so much, but that part clearly is.

And speaking of bits, the ongoing one of Jason giving Jeff and Ben completely trash fighting games to suffer through when he isn't around for Ranking of Fighters is a really good one.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Dang, Rorie was fantastic last UPF. Only having three of them there there wasn't anyone for him to interrupt so it was just him rambling for most of it. And it was amazing. Plus at least five mixed metaphors.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Dang, Rorie was fantastic last UPF. Only having three of them there there wasn't anyone for him to interrupt so it was just him rambling for most of it. And it was amazing. Plus at least five mixed metaphors.

My partner literally said at one point "Does he ever shut up?"

He was going on and on and on. Great UPF though.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/I075dM_AZ2g

Man the arcade version was so much better huh

Back when game developers knew how to tell good stories.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Welp, today's ASG is the last anime/wrestling coverage for at least a few months. The possibility of Initial D or Evangelion as a successor series to watch leaves me hopeful for the future.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Waypoint is already planning an eva podcast series for when it releases on netflix so I'm guessing they would avoid it just to avoid the direct comparison

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I genuinely don't think either Waypoint or Giant Bomb cares about "direct comparisons" They both play/review the same videogames after all.

That said, I don't think Dan (and probably Jeff) would be at all into Evangelion, so I doubt that'll happen.

• Options
    yu yu hakusho would be my pick

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I think they'll get two episodes into Eva, since it's gonna be on Netflix, and quit hard. Which is fine by me, I was never a fan.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I just want them to go straight into DBZ Super, but since that's not totally out in English yet I'm guessing that's probably not happening.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    yu yu hakusho would be my pick

Fooly Cooly.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    all of toonamis mid 2002-2005 late night

flcl, yu yu, that weird harem tenchi muyo (sp?), g gundam etc etc

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options

My partner literally said at one point "Does he ever shut up?"

He was going on and on and on. Great UPF though.

He never does no, and that usually annoys me but for some reason it really worked for me this time. I'm sure it's not going to change anything about me getting annoyed with him later on, but I really liked this one.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Just go buckwild and do One Piece for the rest of their lives.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Jeff’s deadpan “Sure. What’s one more sin?” As Mr. Buu has me fucking dying of laughter.

As did his really good Vegeta voice impression of Vegeta being a twitch streamer.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    They should just watch all the DBZ movies for now. They'd most likely love them, especially the soundtracks.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Dan already looked at One Punch Man for Panning The Stream, or else I could see that being the next choice.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    The mention of Gundam sparked the fantasy of a series involving Austin Walker acting as their guide.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Dan would love G Gundam. I don't think they should go anywhere near any of the rest of it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Dan would love G Gundam. I don't think they should go anywhere near any of the rest of it.

Maybe they just shouldn't go anywhere near Gundam.

• Options
    The only thing they should do is not listen to anyone's suggestions on what to watch ever.

• Options
    The only thing they should do is not listen to anyone's suggestions on what to watch ever.

I wholeheartedly agree based entirely on the replies to Jeff's tweet.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Ippo seems like it would check the boxes for Jeff wanting an older style look and Dan would enjoy the humour.

Pacing is great if they stick to five episodes at a time.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Let them watch Ranma. I'm sure that won't get weird.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    admanb wrote: »

I wholeheartedly agree based entirely on the replies to Jeff's tweet.

This shit is exactly why Abby killed the idea of a Stardew series before it even got off the ground in this week's Beastcast.

I really want that fuckin series!

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I like seeing how different people do stuff. Stardew is not some game where ruthless efficiency is the only answer.

I mean shit i play factorio where ruthless efficiency is the only answer and it's still fun to see what crazy strategies people use with their factories.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Considering how Jeff has like all of Mobile Suit Gundam on Blu-ray and he thinks it has a cool old look and is another foundational show with a big influence, I can see them possibly watching that next

I'd be game for that, if they don't want to go immediately into Super, which they should, because it's way better than OG Dragon Ball

But honestly I'm game for whatever they wanna watch next. It's their perspective I'm interested in more than the show itself!

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I’d dig it if they transitioned into a different type of series. Like a retrospective podcast or something. Jeff has such a long history and I would love to hear focused discussions on various game series or industry events that wasn’t just an aside in a bombcast or something.

Remake Encyclopedia Bombastica as a podcast is what I’m saying.

Ceno on
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Dream podcast: Jeff Gerstmann, Frank Cifaldi, Steve Lin, and I guess Peter Brown can come along as long as he doesn’t spoil new video games.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    They would never make it through all the pervy shit in deagon ball

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I'm sad the re2 playdates are over :(

This discussion has been closed.