As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Grinds measured in months and worth measured in GP.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Ebon Hawk being released.

Pretty tired of old republic

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm not surprised about Ebon Hawk, but what I am surprised about is the timing. I was fairly sure that they were going to release it at the same time they release Carth, since he's the pilot(ish). This random placement is odd to me.

• Options
    Carth has been out for a while.

He's farmable. I'm sitting at 6/65 right now.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    My T3 is 7* G9.

My Carth...is 3* 0/30, level 1, G1.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Last stage of the 3po event is infinity easier with Logray and Wicket.

Still took 3 tries though.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I think I need to move some mods to get speedier murderbears.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    What kind of speed and Zetas do you need on the ewoks to finish the event?

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    I think the general consensus is that the only mandatory zeta is Chief Chirpa's leader zeta. That's the only one I've got. Obviously having more will reduce some of the RNG required to get a good run. But the extra assist calls from Chirpa are pretty much required to get the kind of damage output you need to burn through the enemy team.

• Options
    I had zetas on chirpa, Paploo, and wicket.

Not sure Paploo's zeta was worth it. Wicket's definitely was.

Speed wise, I had nothing special. Wicket was at 240 something. Everyone else around 200. Paploo was 170.

• Options
    Got it with everyone standing.

G10 on everyone except Logray at G9. Only zeta on Chirpa. Speed ranging from 180 to 220.

You just need to manipulate TM and buffs on Chewie and Scout but once Chewie is down, it's pretty much over if you can keep Elder alive and stealthed.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    I think I’ll wait a couple days before I break mod sets to improve speed. I can get around those numbers. Wicket is 90+/100.

I might be able to roll over a couple more gear levels. Logray is only at g8. :( If I can get him to g9 and maybe another g10, I should be good.

• Options
    Since my ewoks are trash, can I ask a question about what will hopefully be the next legendary event to come around?
    What gear level do we need hunters at for Chewie?
    My top 5 hunters are all g8 right now.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Since my ewoks are trash, can I ask a question about what will hopefully be the next legendary event to come around?

What are your top 5 hunters?

• Options
    I think I’ll wait a couple days before I break mod sets to improve speed. I can get around those numbers. Wicket is 90+/100.

I might be able to roll over a couple more gear levels. Logray is only at g8. :( If I can get him to g9 and maybe another g10, I should be good.

I definitely got lucky with RNG, but once I got into a groove, I was able to basically auto it. In order, I killed Chewie, Scout, R2, Han/Leia, then C3P0.

As mentioned, keep Elder stealthed (and alive) with Wicket's special. I would focus my attacks on one enemy at a time, but used Paploo and Logray to reduce TM and buffs on characters like Chewie, Scout, and Han whenever they came up.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    For ewoks, make paploo your fastest. He has low basic speed but gets some janky speed up effect so its a pain to work out but you want him going first. First turn he calls logray to assist, giving logray turn meter, and then logray uses his mass daze/turn meter down power. Once you get the train rolling its not too bad. Ewoks are a good team for taking out First Order in TW, GA etc too so theyre not a bad investment.

For the bounty hunter event, the final stage was hell and i had gear 11/12 across the board. I had OG hunters tho, it is probably significantly easier with bossk, jango etc. I'd say Dengar is mandatory regardless tho

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Boba, Greedo, Bane, Sing, Bossk.

Dengar is up there too a but I'm not putting anything into him ATM. Edit: just read Dayspring, glad Dengar is 44/100

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options

Boba, Greedo, Bane, Sing, Bossk.

Dengar is up there too a but I'm not putting anything into him ATM. Edit: just read Dayspring, glad Dengar is 44/100

Bounty Hunter event was hard as hell and I only won it with Dengar surviving until the end, so you'll definitely need him.

I ran with Embo, Bossk, Sing, Boba, and Dengar. I honestly can't remember if I had Bossk or Sing as my leader, but I think it was Sing as everyone was stealthed for most of the fight.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Dengar seems almost essential. His ability to block the other teams's invis is key to winning that fight.

Part of what makes the fight so RNG reliant is that on turn 1, there's a bunch of stuff that all has to happen or you might as well just immediately restart. One of those things is that on turn 1 they *have to* proc Dengar's stealth. Have to. If Dengar doesn't go invis, just restart right then and there. That's pretty much key to the entire fight.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Thanks, good to have some better focus.

On a different note I re did the mods on my TIE fighter pilot and on Ezra and my fleet hasn't dropped out of the top 20 since. Still Can't break past the top 10 with all the falcons, but I haven't woken up to find myself in the 40s since the weekend.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    They keep teasing a rework for HK...hopefully it’s better than the last droid they reworked.

• Options
    With a couple refreshes I got 19 ebon hawk shards.

I might take a run at unlocking it this go around.

• Options
    Managed to get 3PO to 6.

zChirpa g10, Elder g10, Paploo g9, Logray g8, Wicket 6-star g9.

I’m sure it was a lot of luck...basically being able to focus Chewie while keeping Elder alive.

• Options
    As I recall, the difficulty curve in that event was weird, and tier 6 was more difficult than tier 7. That was my experience anyway.

• Options
    mcp wrote: »
    With a couple refreshes I got 19 ebon hawk shards.

I might take a run at unlocking it this go around.

There's the big six or seven hundred energy pack available right now I've got it up to 45 already

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    As I recall, the difficulty curve in that event was weird, and tier 6 was more difficult than tier 7. That was my experience anyway.

Tier 6 was easy for me, I can barely even last in tier 7. It's driving me crazy, esp given how easy tier 6 was for me. I've never had so much trouble with a event since trying to get Thrawn at gear 8.

Cobell on
  • Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    I’ve barely been able to take down one character in tier 7. I have the zeta for Chirpa and everyone is either g10 or g11 with speed from 180-200. I’ve been thinking of putting the zeta on Wicket, but I don’t know if that will make much of a difference.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Woo I hit max level! Tried to do bossk's farm level but just get decimated by resistance troopers. I forgot about hard pve content was because my Jedi team just runs through everything but DS table

• Options
    Unlocked Ebon Hawk this morning.

I'm farming Carth and Sion anyway, so putting a few extra crystals into them wasn't much of a deviation from my normal farms

Still sitting at 1300 crystals, so it didn't take all that much.

• Options
    I finished up Zaalbar and moved on to Carth. I unlocked Ebon Hawk Sunday. With 1 more day still on this event, I think I can get it to 5 stars.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I finished up Zaalbar and moved on to Carth. I unlocked Ebon Hawk Sunday. With 1 more day still on this event, I think I can get it to 5 stars.

I got rnged on shards today. 300 crystal on refreshes and only 10 EH shards. Don't think I'm hitting 5* like I had hoped. Only at 30/65

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Ebon hawk wrecks me in a silly way. I'll for sure have enough shards for 5*, but not even a week before it was announced I decided to farm mission before t3 because her node is way worse to do. So I can either take time off her to at least unlock t3 or just let it mothball for a while. I've been hearing it's a pretty solid ship in the Cassian design space but I guess my shard doesn't have any falcons at least until it rotated back around

Also I'm sure I'll find out either way soon but I'm hoping I got them good enough to 7* this thrawn event. I have some gear/omegas/better mods I've been sitting on if I need to panic power up anyone more but I'd rather not spend what I don't have to that needs to be gearing up my cls team next
    https://swgoh.gg/p/739882235/characters/?f=Phoenix

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    At 10pm with not enough crystal for another refresh and only 20 energy I simmed 2 battles and got my final shard to 5* EH.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    I got it to 5* too. But who knows when it will be back. These new "chase" events or whatever they call them are a new thing and there's no historical precedent for how often they repeat. It's been a month(ish) since the Imperial chase for the Emperor's Shuttle, and it hasn't come back yet. I have a feeling these ships are gonna end up being pretty rare.

I still don't care about the Emperor's Shuttle right now because the ship meta has finally moved away from Empire synergy, but I definitely do want a strong Ebon Hawk. Next time it comes back I'd like to get it to 6*. 85 shards should be definitely possible, considering this time I got 80+65.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    All i want is for more than a single team to be viable in both Arenas.
    Ooooh, is it bistan flavour ships or ghost flavour?
    Ooooh is grand master yoda standing on the left or the right side?
    So much fun right now.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Sadly, CG doesn't seem to care about a true paper-rock-scissors balance in arena. They only care about selling flavor of the month packs and making maximum dollars from the whales.

And the whole Grievous thing was such a dirty trick. I wonder how much money they made selling a team that they specifically marketed as being a Revan killer, only it's not.

I don't know how much validity this has, but I have read on reddit and on the official swgoh forums that people are claiming the Grievous/Droids footage was staged and is pretty much false advertising. People are claiming the teams they showed Grievous fighting had either no mods at all, or really weak mods.

I'm not sure what happened with the game changers program, but those guys don't have access to beta servers anymore. They can't get on and try things out and make videos based on their own experimenting. The last couple of releases were just made with pre-recorded footage provided by CG, and then the game changer people trying to do analysis on the videos.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    I think there were some leaks that they determined came from the game changers? So they stopped giving them access?

Oof. I managed to get Chewie down on 7-star 3PO. And then Elder got focused. I think I might be too short on gear.

• Options
    The hawk might be a good counter to the houndstooth. Does a lot of buff dispel.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Hound's Tooth is just Enfys Nest in space. It shields when it gets hit. I don't think you can debuff its insane shield gains. The way to beat it is with armor penetration and true damage.

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Hound's Tooth is just Enfys Nest in space. It shields when it gets hit. I don't think you can debuff its insane shield gains. The way to beat it is with armor penetration and true damage.

The tie fighter buff immunity works well against HT. It disables his protection add. It only works for one round though so you need to capitalize on it quickly.

• Options
    Apostate wrote: »

The tie fighter buff immunity works well against HT. It disables his protection add. It only works for one round though so you need to capitalize on it quickly.

Yeah I usually combo TF buff block and Vader's debuff. But those rely on target lock which can some times be uncooperative.

Zdy0pmg.jpg