As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Grinds measured in months and worth measured in GP.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Darth Revan confirmed.

Need juhani, Carth, hk47, fallen Bastila, Ordo.

Kinda dumb that you don't need Jedi Revan, imo.

Bastila, and hk47 getting reworks.

I'm no where near ready.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I have 1 of those!

Definitely time to bail on Nest and farm Carth.

• Options
    Yeah I've had HK forever, never used him. He's terrible.

I've been working on Carth just because. But he's still low. And 0 progress on Fallen Bastila and Canderous and Juhanni.

• Options
    I'm almost done with Canderous.

Almost at 6 stars with Carth and Bastila.

Juhani sittin' at 3*.

HK is done, g10.

Guess I'll get him the next time around

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Canderous is at 85/100 so I need a few more days and he's done

HK has been done for awhile

Carth, Juhani, and Hot Topic Bastilia just got to 5*.

I was tempted to panic farm and try and get them to 7*, but then I realized my sith team is garbage so even if I did spend money for shards, A Darth Revan team wouldn't be viable until I probably had DN, Sith Trooper, or Sion handy (none of which are even close to 7*).

edit: Shard packs just went on sale. 100 shards (split between two characters) for $39.99. Even if I bought them, it would only get Carth, Juhani, and Bastilia closer to 6* so I think I'll pass, EA.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    EA needs to re-evaluate the pricing on packs. It's horrible. $15 for 50 shards on a character that takes 80 to unlock? Even if I was a whale, I can't buy that package twice...

• Options
    Holy shit. I actually finished 3PO.

Started the battle on auto. Made sure to target Chewie when possible. I took over during the Trooper. Then Han, R2, 3PO, and Leia. Yeah, I know, maybe a little risky at the end, but they were both stealthed, and 3PO got debuffed first.

G10 zChirpa, g11 Elder, g10 Paploo and Logray, g9 zWicket. Speeds topped out around 220-225 for Paploo and Wicket. In the end, it really comes down to luck.

Now I got to get these good mods back where they belong.

• Options
    EA needs to re-evaluate the pricing on packs. It's horrible. $15 for 50 shards on a character that takes 80 to unlock? Even if I was a whale, I can't buy that package twice...

It's actually very insidious what they are doing.

They sell packs with 50 shards that only get you partway there. This is just a hit to get you hooked.

Then they offer gambling packs that offer 5-330 shards for 699 crystals and they get you to blow another $300 gambling on shards. Their marketing strategy is sick and perverse and evil.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Like the game is fun and I like playing it, but I really dislike throwing any kind of money into what is pretty much a black hole of gaming/gambling.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Guess Darth Revan will be yet another character I aim for on the second release, so, Working As Intended.

I can only assume without even looking that he will lead an anti Jedi Revan team, so we'll trade one set of meta stagnation for another. Y'know, just in time, I'm sure the whales at the top were getting antsy not to have absolute dominance now that the peasantry had access to JR.

I wouldn't dream of paying for packs at this point. I'll continue playing, collecting, finishing off long term projects. I'm definitely not stopping my work on Hounds Tooth and Bossk when I've barely started on Fallen Bastila and Candorous. Carth and Juhani? Even less progress.

Meh. I look forward to the rich getting richer. At least it was nice to stay in the top 100 without too much effort for a short while.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    My days of being top 20 are long gone. I still don't have Revan, although I should have him by the 3rd time he appears. Of course by then the meta will be Darth Revan and it won't matter for Arena that I got my new shiny Revan. Of course, Revan will still be of very high value in other activities. He's great in the Sith raid, and he's great on defense in TW. That won't change even if the Arena meta shifts.

• Options
    So I've been working on FBS, since she's a good Sith support. She's already on her way to 5-star.

I've more or less ditched Nest for Carth already.

Juhani needs to wait a few days, since I'm almost done with Jango. Tooth might stall out halfway to 7, but since I haven't touched the other BH ships, I'm not too choked up.

I've been farming KRU and Silencer. Still not sure about switching to Cancerous Oreo.

If I switch the farms, I should get real Revan next time.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Ok that thrawn fight was challenging. Unfortunately it felt like it skewed too much into RNG with how the opening went to consider it an enjoyable fight but I was lucky on only taking about 5 tries and a pause to up Zeb and heras speeds and potency. The time it went right it went hilariously right though and the both threw a grenade and got stunned. The fight would probably be real easy without the loaded turn meter on them and thrawn

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Its lunch time and the cantina is down. :(

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    So that's not just me? I haven't been able to get past the splash screen for the last half hour.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Yeah I can't get in either.

• Options
    Well now we'll get a few hundred crystals as an apology so that's a plus

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Was just able to get back on, no statement or update from Devs yet though. A few hundred crystals would be a nice gesture though.

Edit - Incoming Update in about 15 minutes.

nwkdok0dlbm21.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=e1cb93f0890634c1352498dc674de4e14a30099c

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    You've got mail.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Pssh.
    Hi Holotable Heroes,
    We are updating the game at 11:15am PT to fix the login issue from this morning. In the meantime, you can try rebooting and this should fix the issue for most players, but we believe everyone will be fixed with the release shortly.
    Out of an abundance of caution, we will be moving the rest of this month's Grand Arenas to start during the week so we have staff available if there are issues with Auto-Deploy. See the calendar for more info.
    Lastly, it is difficult for us to identify who affected by this issue, but if you have been significantly impacted by the downtime, please send in a support ticket. The team will investigate and compensate you up 200 crystals.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    What a load of horseshit

Just send some shit out to everyone, don't make us jump through hoops

• Options
    Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    Kanan “oh, that damage is actually health for me or totally ignored” in this elite fight can eat shit and die

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Lou29 wrote: »
    Kanan “oh, that damage is actually health for me or totally ignored” in this elite fight can eat shit and die

He's the sole reason I bring Death Trooper to that fight.

• Options
    Opened a ticket and got my 200 crystals :mad:

• Options
    I've got a full squad of G12 imps, and 1 or 2 are dead before I can even take a turn.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    These characters ate getting the sith empire flag:

Darth Revan
    Bastila Shan (Fallen)
    HK-47
    Sith Assassin
    Sith Marauder
    Sith Trooper

Guessing those are the ones that'll synergize with Revan the best.

Edit:

Also, Revan kit reveal:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198712/kit-reveal-darth-revan/p1

mcp on
  • Options
    There is a part of me that is annoyed that we'll have Sith, Empire, Sith Empire, and Sith + Empire.

I don't care what it was called in the games, Sith Conglomerate? Something other than a combination of words that already mean distinct groups AND can be used in combination already.

• Options
    Except that Sith Empire is the faction name that all of those characters come from.

The generic ones specifically. Sith Assassin, Sith Marauder, Sith Trooper are all characters from SWTOR (the MMO) and in that game, the Sith faction is called Sith Empire.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Then the writers need to go back to their room and think about what they've done. :-/

Edit: obviously this is heavy on the mockery and I recognize this stuff was set down decades ago.

Forar on
  • Options
    Woop woop, Darth Vader to Tier 12. Now to farm 11 shards of Tie Advanced somehow. :rotate:

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    So my r2 and CLS squads are ready besides maxing out some abilities and levels.

The things I'm farming now feel like nonsense after such a rigid progression up to this point.

It's like simultaneously work on First order, bounty hunters, hounds tooth, old republic, ewoks, bounty Hunter ships, JTR team, new old republic, the other bounty Hunter ships, and you should probably start building a nightsister team and the sith Lords and maybe... And good luck on the order anything comes back in

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    So my r2 and CLS squads are ready besides maxing out some abilities and levels.

The things I'm farming now feel like nonsense after such a rigid progression up to this point.

It's like simultaneously work on First order, bounty hunters, hounds tooth, old republic, ewoks, bounty Hunter ships, JTR team, new old republic, the other bounty Hunter ships, and you should probably start building a nightsister team and the sith Lords and maybe... And good luck on the order anything comes back in

I remember that after getting CLS

Started FO for BB 8, but ended up focusing on KOTOR for Revan.

Now that I'm finished with that, it's hunters for Chewie/Falcon

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Darth Revan pushed back to early next week, apparently.
    I’m actually ready this time. If Grevious was awful I’ll at least be able to play in arena with HK.

I still havnt bothered starting to farm jolee. Fuck that guy.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Carth and Juhani are sitting at 0/100 and FBS is at 23/100. One more month and I'd be ready :(

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    I'm getting massively screwed on my Dengar availability. Have been holding tokens all week and he hasn't appeared once.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm not getting Darth Revan this time either.

Arena for the next 4 months is going to suck ass.

Will be able to get the Falcon next time around though. Not sure when that's coming back around

• Options
    I'm still working on the Falcon. I don't know if I'll make it. Hound's Tooth and Slave 1 are both done. But I'm basically at like ~0/100 on IG-2000 and Xanadu Blood.

• Options
    Now that I have 3P0 I tried to use him in the mythic forest moon tier.

Before with my zpalp team I was struggling to win. Now with HK(L), bb8, 3P0, ig88, and r2, i can auto it.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!