As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Washington]🦀Tim Eyman fined $2.6M, banned from directing political cmte finances🦀

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    So inslee corrected the earlier message and daycares can be open, thank god because one half day of working at home with my son is enough to say "no way could I do this for 6 weeks"

Well of course my day care is closed for “a minimum of 14 days” because reasons. Still keeping my money though.

Man I'm sorry you got the shaft like this. Mine desperately wanted to be open. Like only reason they were shut down was because the order wasn't specific enough. Though with the feds saying no more than 10 people I wonder if we'll be right back here in the next few days? Or will the state tell the feds to screw?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    last time I used Zenni they just asked you for numbers, they don't care about you having an "official" prescription much less whether its expired.

I'm worried my prescription has shifted because I'm starting to get headaches from reading fine print.

Cheap pair now, correct pair later?

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    last time I used Zenni they just asked you for numbers, they don't care about you having an "official" prescription much less whether its expired.

I'm worried my prescription has shifted because I'm starting to get headaches from reading fine print.

It seems this will be my course of action.

When this crisis is over, I'm going to do my damnedest to convince my union to switch off of Kaiser as our healthcare provider. Easily the worst provider in Washington state, and not just because it takes weeks (if not months!) to get an appointment with them.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

When this crisis is over, I'm going to do my damnedest to convince my union to switch off of Kaiser as our healthcare provider. Easily the worst provider in Washington state, and not just because it takes weeks (if not months!) to get an appointment with them.

On the flip side, Kaiser is one of the only ways to get a COVID test in the US right now.

• Options
    AimAim Registered User regular
    So inslee corrected the earlier message and daycares can be open, thank god because one half day of working at home with my son is enough to say "no way could I do this for 6 weeks"

Well of course my day care is closed for “a minimum of 14 days” because reasons. Still keeping my money though.

Man I'm sorry you got the shaft like this. Mine desperately wanted to be open. Like only reason they were shut down was because the order wasn't specific enough. Though with the feds saying no more than 10 people I wonder if we'll be right back here in the next few days? Or will the state tell the feds to screw?

My daycare follows the seattle schools guidance. We're having kids home for 6 weeks.

• Options
    Aim wrote: »

My daycare follows the seattle schools guidance. We're having kids home for 6 weeks.

Rough. Like I've been barely able to take 6 hours with him

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular

Yeah, I think that’s where mine will end up. The problem is I have a contract that will probably get canceled at the end of March, so day care will open up just in time for us not to be able to afford to send them there anymore. Guess I should get used to stay at home parenting before it’s full time?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    admanb wrote: »

On the flip side, Kaiser is one of the only ways to get a COVID test in the US right now.

Wait, seriously??? My coworkers have been refused tests for the past week by them.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    On Twitter, it was pointed out that Washington's reliance on sales tax is about to wreck the budget thanks to the quarantine measures.

Oh, shit.

working as intended

now they'll have all the excuses they need in Olympia for not having accomplished anything when they're up for reelection

We've tried to get an income tax in, repeatedly. The voters keep going NOPE.

Maybe this will change some minds.

And when the voters say yes then SCOWS says no as its unconstitutional

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The problem income tax proponents keep running into is that under the Washington constitution, property must be taxed uniformly and income is considered property.

A flat income tax is permissible, but not a progressive income tax. Which is what most people who support an income tax want.

It would take a constitutional amendment to change this.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

Weaver straight up said earlier that Kaiser was lying about being able to test. Nurse told him after he was denied testing that they didn't actually have any and sent him to UW, who was swamped and couldn't test him.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    That's gonna come as a real shock to all the drive-thru testing facilities they opened, as well as to the person I know who apparently had a fraudster dressed up like a medical professional stick a cotton swab up his nose.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Its possible things have changed.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    It won't.

In other news: my only local, in-network eyecare clinic has shuttered due to COVID fears. Guess who's last pair of spare glasses broke over the weekend. 😬

Well that’s not fair.

There was time now.

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »
    It won't.

In other news: my only local, in-network eyecare clinic has shuttered due to COVID fears. Guess who's last pair of spare glasses broke over the weekend. 😬

Well that’s not fair.

There was time now.

This post has officially pulled me out of my funk. Bravo, sir! 🤓

• Options
    My company has decided to stop publishing brokers opens/public open houses in our system, and I just had a broker complain "We're all adults we can make this choice" for an industry that is 55+ on average. God damn people just would kill themselves if they thought they'd make a buck.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    My company has decided to stop publishing brokers opens/public open houses in our system, and I just had a broker complain "We're all adults we can make this choice" for an industry that is 55+ on average. God damn people just would kill themselves if they thought they'd make a buck.

That's capitalism, baby.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

I mean, yeah. Capitalism.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

The response should have been “your attitude exactly why we need to do this”

• Options
    Just disgusted me. Clearly she was a younger person who thought "I can finally have an advantage on the older brokers" without knowing those older brokers will totally kill themselves if they think they can get a sale.

Its a collective action problem, and my company knew they wouldn't make the right choice.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I had this week scheduled off a couple of months ago for ECCC and to be an adult (New eyewear, get my teeth cleaned etc)

The universe is telling me something....

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Sent my CV to UW Medicine and offered to help perform PCR for their testing center. They’re fully staffed at the moment, but the coordinator kept my contact info. Word is they’re scaling up rapidly, so hopefully I can help out there.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'm still waiting for our high risk manager to decide it's time for us to work from home, since corporate went through all the effort to make it possible for us.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Yo I work for Kaiser

We be testing

I know because I do the tests

• Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    My allergies have been going nuts for the past few days due to the plumb trees blossoming. Not a great time to have sneezing fits, glad I'm mostly staying out of public.

• Options
    AimAim Registered User regular
    @Atomika, how are you holding up?

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    @Atomika, how are you holding up?

Mostly okay. COVID has scared away most of the normal patients so work is actually super slow. We have had some positive cases and we’re getting more everyday, and I’m sure at least two of those died.

Personally, outside a fear of getting sick, the worst thing about work right now is how boring it is. A good problem to have in this time. Plus, so much overtime available.

• Options
    Doc wrote: »
    My allergies have been going nuts for the past few days due to the plumb trees blossoming. Not a great time to have sneezing fits, glad I'm mostly staying out of public.

Yeah during this outbreak I've really come to understand a sneeze vs a cough.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    So my job has not been affected as of yet. As it's a healthcare job. However, what do I need to know to claim unemployment benefits if things go sideways? the official website seemed pretty useless as far as who does and does not qualify. It's a private clinic with less than 50 employees, and I'm a full-time employee. What do I need to be documenting to cover myself?

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2020
    Ugh. I finally physically broke and took a day off today. My company won't give us paid time off unless we test positive or are told to quarantine by a medical provider or by a public health authority...

So, where can I get one of these tests? I've got Kaiser, I believe, just dont have a primary as I haven't regularly gone to a doctor in a while. Or know a medical provider I can call to give my story to and have them go 'oh yeah, you should be quarantined'...?

Edit: Finally decided to call Kaiser and chat with someone about all my concerns. After telling them my story and my symptoms, they went on a long spiel about sanitization that they have to go through. And I made them aware that my workplace DOES have these rules in effect.

Not like the staff has any time to do all of them constantly. Or the supplies to do so either.

So they said to call back after having a high fever after 3 days.

Meanwhile, I'm due back at work tomorrow and we're already booked solid until midday Friday. So that'll be another set of 12 hour days.

That I'll be running around a store touching everything during. Gathering pickup items and gathering germs. And spreading my germs.

Huzzah...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/article241247726.html
    DMV offices closed until at least March 23. Online renewal is recommended, and most rules for in-person renewal have been suspended.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular

Wait, do you need reading classes? You can get those anywhere.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    The problem income tax proponents keep running into is that under the Washington constitution, property must be taxed uniformly and income is considered property.

A flat income tax is permissible, but not a progressive income tax. Which is what most people who support an income tax want.

It would take a constitutional amendment to change this.

Even then, it would still be better than what we have now, which is a flat tax on what you spend.

• Options

I don't know what any of those terms mean but I'm sure it's funny.

• Options
    Janson wrote: »
    What’s with all this snow, eh?

I’m just south of Puyallup and it’s been snowing all day! That certainly didn’t help the supermarket crowds.

Snowin to beat the band over here in Spoklahoma too.

Also, WinCo was a goddamn fever dream nightmare earlier! People were polite, but there was a lot of tension in the air you know? Also the line went from the checkstands all the way to the back of the store it was fuckin gnarly.

Someone on facebook recently asked if Winco could be open an hour earlier just for the elderly to shop. I had to explain that WinCo is open 24 hours, and if you wanted to beat the rush, you basically need to show up just past midnight when they're restocking.

I thought about driving there last week, but then realized that it was probably a terrible idea.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

I’m just south of Puyallup and it’s been snowing all day! That certainly didn’t help the supermarket crowds.

Also, WinCo was a goddamn fever dream nightmare earlier! People were polite, but there was a lot of tension in the air you know? Also the line went from the checkstands all the way to the back of the store it was fuckin gnarly.

Someone on facebook recently asked if Winco could be open an hour earlier just for the elderly to shop. I had to explain that WinCo is open 24 hours, and if you wanted to beat the rush, you basically need to show up just past midnight when they're restocking.

I thought about driving there last week, but then realized that it was probably a terrible idea.

They're closed from midnight to 6am for the foreseeable future, right? Or was that just this past weekend?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Hurray for feeling better and going back to work tomorrow. Of course, since I got sick everything has been shut down and I wanted to work out today, so running from my place to Discovery park and back is a little under three miles. Guess that will have to do. Now if I can get my hands on some dumbbells.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    Hurray for feeling better and going back to work tomorrow. Of course, since I got sick everything has been shut down and I wanted to work out today, so running my my place to Discovery park and back in a little under three miles. Guess that will have to do. Now if I can get my hands on some dumbbells.

There's a good bodyweight routine in the coronavirus advice thread.

Link: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/42271394/#Comment_42271394

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

I don't know what any of those terms mean but I'm sure it's funny.

Real estate industry. Basically people want to be able to have unregulated gatherings to potentially sell houses in the middle of an outbreak

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

They're closed from midnight to 6am for the foreseeable future, right? Or was that just this past weekend?

Ah, didn't realize that.

This discussion has been closed.