Options

[Washington]🦀Tim Eyman fined $2.6M, banned from directing political cmte finances🦀

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I go into work soon, I’m interested in seeing how it is. They were exceptionally short-staffed this morning when I left due to quarantine, but almost every day there’s been a request for additional help through our text system, however nothing came through today. Considering we only saw about six patients total after midnight yesterday, they hopefully had a gentle day.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Seems like the ER census has plateaued for now

We’re about 50% down, but have kept that for a week now, which is fine because almost half the staff is on quarantine

Also Hacksaw keep your ass inside, Jesus dude

I ain't staying inside to a studio full of exactly no Danish pastries.

• Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »

We’re about 50% down, but have kept that for a week now, which is fine because almost half the staff is on quarantine

“Yes, ma’am. That’s what he said. Pastries. That’s why your husband is dead.”

• Options

“Yes, ma’am. That’s what he said. Pastries. That’s why your husband is dead.”

I will die for a Snitter. They're tastier than God's own sweat.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

Can I introduce you to the fascinating concept known as "delivery"?

• Options
    Don't you think if I could have them delivered I would! I'm trying to keep a local small business alive in this time of economic crisis!

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020

Shit got extra real. Good luck to anyone that is impacted by this order.

Also clearly this is Hacksaw's fault :wink:

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    "We are looking at steps to help address those challenges" is code for "We aren't going to actually give you any of the money you lost out on due to this crisis because there's no way Republicans will let us tax the rich in order to make that happen. Please still vote for us later this year so we can ineffectually fight for your class interests (which do not align with our class interests)."

• Options
    What does this mean for airports in Seattle?

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I can see the BNSF railyard near the locks from my living room window. The same trains have been sitting there for two days. I think I can still see one open rail line, so traffic is still probably going through, but with the amount of cars that haven't moved, I feel it's safe to assume that rail traffic is at least reduced.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    What does this mean for airports in Seattle?

I'm assuming it stays open since it's a vital service and a major airline hub.

Seatac shutting down would leave me stranded in Alaska which would suck major donkey balls.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    The gun stores in Pierce County are running out of rifles/ammunition.

Inslee has started a panic.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    The gun stores in Pierce County are running out of rifles/ammunition.

Inslee has started a panic.

No. No he hasn't.

Reactionary dumbasses who wanted to play meme games about a global pandemic have started to panic.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    They can be as dumb as they want as long as I can eat at Nielsen's six days a week.

Dude, you're sick. Stay home.

Bring me those delicious Snitters and maybe I will!

Enjoy being Typhoid Mary I guess?

Hyperbole much?

You have a , quote," debilitating cold" and keep going out to eat. Ever consider you might just have a mild case of COVID? And either way what going out to eat while sick means for spreading sick around?

My complete lack of a fever, body aches, and shortness of breath would indicate that this is a standard if aggravating cold, and not COVID. Especially given the fact that I'm on the other side of it as of this afternoon.

• Options
    Hacksaw, you are legitimately making things worse and I advise you, for the safety of others, to please stop.

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2020
    Why did I ever choose a job in grocery pickup in WA...?

I'm so exhausted I'm not sure if my scratchy throat is me being sick or just from working 24 hours in the last 2 days(let alone the amount of work in the last 2 weeks...). I could imagine I've been exposed to it by now, and if not me but someone at my store has. And I'm just waiting for a fever to appear so I can have something to bring to my managers that's not just 'I'm exhausted, let me go home and sleep for 14 days...' Not like I'd be able to get a test anywhere...

And now pretty much just only grocery/pharmacies open? Ugh...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    This is even more pressure on grocery workers than there always was. Y'all are absolute heroes in my book.

• Options
    HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    This is even more pressure on grocery workers than there always was. Y'all are absolute heroes in my book.

EDIT: Realized I misread the former post, nevermind, I'm stupid.

Hydropolo on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Yeah I thanked the QFC clerk when I went to get some supplies earlier today.

And daycare is officially closed, hurray couped up with my 4 year old indefinately THE WORST TIMELINE!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Man I’d love to be cooped up with my kiddo :sad:

• Options
    All of which will be very affective against airborne pathogens, I assume

• Options
    Yesterday’s census was 25% lower than the previous day, which was already 50% lower than baseline.

It’ll be interesting to see what tomorrow looks like. It’ll be the first Monday since the statewide ban on social gathering. I’m sure people are already starting to get restless.

• Options
    Those are good numbers right atomika? Like less people coming in?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Yes. Less is good. People are staying home unless they’re actually sick.

Most of the time.

However, now that the clinics and offices are closing, I bet our numbers start climbing

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

Yes. Less is good. People are staying home unless they’re actually sick.

Most of the time.

However, now that the clinics and offices are closing, I bet our numbers start climbing

Oh, I though you meant like, the actual US Census. I was very confused for minute there.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    On Twitter, it was pointed out that Washington's reliance on sales tax is about to wreck the budget thanks to the quarantine measures.

Oh, shit.

working as intended

now they'll have all the excuses they need in Olympia for not having accomplished anything when they're up for reelection

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    On Twitter, it was pointed out that Washington's reliance on sales tax is about to wreck the budget thanks to the quarantine measures.

Oh, shit.

working as intended

now they'll have all the excuses they need in Olympia for not having accomplished anything when they're up for reelection

We've tried to get an income tax in, repeatedly. The voters keep going NOPE.

Maybe this will change some minds.

• Options
    It won't.

In other news: my only local, in-network eyecare clinic has shuttered due to COVID fears. Guess who's last pair of spare glasses broke over the weekend. 😬

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It won't.

In other news: my only local, in-network eyecare clinic has shuttered due to COVID fears. Guess who's last pair of spare glasses broke over the weekend. 😬

A lot of my friends buy inexpensive glasses via the ~Internet.~ You'll probably need to be able to find a copy of your prescription, though.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud was warned for this.
    It won't.

I really hope you grow up and take this seriously. I hope you are self quarantining and not waltzing around with a cold. None of this is funny and it's 100% real. Wake the fuck up.

ceres on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    It won't.

A lot of my friends buy inexpensive glasses via the ~Internet.~ You'll probably need to be able to find a copy of your prescription, though.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-places-to-buy-glasses-online/

Lots of places :D

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    admanb wrote: »
    It won't.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-places-to-buy-glasses-online/

Lots of places :D

My prescription expired last year. I haven't had enough time off from work to go get an exam. 😞

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I know 1-800-contacts does them online, I'm sure there are other places that will too. I have no idea how that works, but chances are I'm going to need to find out pretty soon.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    So inslee corrected the earlier message and daycares can be open, thank god because one half day of working at home with my son is enough to say "no way could I do this for 6 weeks"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    So inslee corrected the earlier message and daycares can be open, thank god because one half day of working at home with my son is enough to say "no way could I do this for 6 weeks"

I've just told my boss that my son is hanging around and he may see him on calls.
    I introduced them so now it's not weird :)

• Options
    Multiple co-workers of mine are only able to take care of their kids because our industry is completely shut down. I can't even imagine what it's like for people who have to work from home through this. Y'all deserve paid leave to take care of your children.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    last time I used Zenni they just asked you for numbers, they don't care about you having an "official" prescription much less whether its expired.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular

Well of course my day care is closed for “a minimum of 14 days” because reasons. Still keeping my money though.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    last time I used Zenni they just asked you for numbers, they don't care about you having an "official" prescription much less whether its expired.

I'm worried my prescription has shifted because I'm starting to get headaches from reading fine print.

This discussion has been closed.