Options

[Washington]🦀Tim Eyman fined $2.6M, banned from directing political cmte finances🦀

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Fuck Eyeman. I hope when he crashes and burns no one takes on his legacy, but sadly this state and being dumb about taxes and fees will be with us forever.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular
    Yes, but we CAN hope his legacy remains that of being an office chair thief, and NOT a political activist.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    As someone who owns a prius it's annoying that my car tabs cost more because they are classified as electric vehicles here even though i'll never use a charging station because that's not how hybrids work.

But on the other hand fuck cars, moving to electric is important, and i'll just deal with it.

It sucks that Tim Eyman's worse enemy is his inability to focus on his initiatives, making them overbroad and subject to later court slapdowns. And not, you know, the constant spew of blatant horseshit coming out of his mouth and forming all of his ideas resulting in people not voting for them in the first place. But as long as it keeps his shit off the books i'll take it.

• Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Aistan wrote: »
    As someone who owns a prius it's annoying that my car tabs cost more because they are classified as electric vehicles here even though i'll never use a charging station because that's not how hybrids work.

But on the other hand fuck cars, moving to electric is important, and i'll just deal with it.

It sucks that Tim Eyman's worse enemy is his inability to focus on his initiatives, making them overbroad and subject to later court slapdowns. And not, you know, the constant spew of blatant horseshit coming out of his mouth and forming all of his ideas resulting in people not voting for them in the first place. But as long as it keeps his shit off the books i'll take it.

The way I avoid getting upset about that is thinking about all the gas money, including gas taxes, I'm just not spending money on anymore.

Oh and also car maintenance, which nearly doesn't exist for an EV. Just rotate the tires.

edit: I'm dumb, hybrids are not EVs. I thought you meant you didn't use charging stations because you had a home charger. Yeh hybrids are basically just fancy ICE cars, they should not get the "You don't pay gas tax" tax.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Woo, voted. The Stranger voting guide is up and was handy as usual.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    ouchiesouchies Registered User regular

I don't think getting his initiatives passed and on the books is really Eyman's goal. If they do pass and get on the books, that's a bonus, but his goal is to get deliberately shitty and pie-in-the-sky initiatives on ballots. Once those initiatives are on the ballot, it's a win-win for Eyman. If they get 40% of the vote, then the red-blooded, working class Americans are being kept under the boot of the Seattle liberal elites. If an initiative gets 52% of the vote (or whatever I-976 got), it is so absurdly written and over-reaching that it will assuredly get struck down by the courts, and then the narrative immediately becomes "those bureaucrats think they know better than you and they're going to overturn your vote!" Eyman is not an activist or a concerned citizen or a fiscally conservative firebrand or whatever else the Seattle Times calls him. He is a troll and always has been a troll, and getting his signature initiative overturned-one that actually passed no less!-will give him ammunition for cycles of bullshit to come.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Looks like both Lt. Governor candidates are Dems. Basically, young upstart vs established incumbent? Just started investigating, any fun differences about them people know already?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Vote for the young upstart. The veteran is a retiring congressperson and has no value for building the party

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    ouchies wrote: »

I don't think getting his initiatives passed and on the books is really Eyman's goal. If they do pass and get on the books, that's a bonus, but his goal is to get deliberately shitty and pie-in-the-sky initiatives on ballots. Once those initiatives are on the ballot, it's a win-win for Eyman. If they get 40% of the vote, then the red-blooded, working class Americans are being kept under the boot of the Seattle liberal elites. If an initiative gets 52% of the vote (or whatever I-976 got), it is so absurdly written and over-reaching that it will assuredly get struck down by the courts, and then the narrative immediately becomes "those bureaucrats think they know better than you and they're going to overturn your vote!" Eyman is not an activist or a concerned citizen or a fiscally conservative firebrand or whatever else the Seattle Times calls him. He is a troll and always has been a troll, and getting his signature initiative overturned-one that actually passed no less!-will give him ammunition for cycles of bullshit to come.

He cares about making money. This is an over-used word in the discourse but he is a quintessential political grifter. All of his initiatives and campaigns are just ways of getting himself a fat paycheck. I mean, I'm sure deep down he does care about reducing taxes because he's a greedy piece of shit who thinks of no one but himself. The only surprising thing is that he (allegedly) had to commit an actual crime to make as much money as he wanted, though I guess that too is covered by greedy piece of shit.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Vote for the young upstart. The veteran is a retiring congressperson and has no value for building the party

Marko Liias right? Dude has a really nice beard too. Like so thick and lush. He's also backed by Cyrus.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I got my ballot yesterday. It's sitting on the pile with both voter guides. I'll sit down and fill it out tomorrow and drop if off at the nearby library's drop box where I usually drop it off.

I started using the drop boxes back when you still had to put a stamp on ballot envelops, and so of course I had to blow $0.50 of gasoline to save $0.45. Even after they got rid of the stamp requirement, I almost never used the mail.

It's funny the degree to which the pandemic has not impacted the process of how I vote in the slightest. I don't think I've ever voted in person. By the time I started to take voting seriously enough to actually bother to do it, I lived here, and we already had all-mail voting.

I like this state.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    It was weird there was no Tim Eyeman dumb fuckery this year. Though his stupidity remains with these fucking dumb advisory votes.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    God I hate how they all have to be worded

“The legislature approved, without a vote of the people (because that’s how representative government works, you fucksticks!)...”

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »

“The legislature approved, without a vote of the people (because that’s how representative government works, you fucksticks!)...”

And aren't the votes literally pissing in the wind? Like it doesn't matter if we approve or not its purely just "advisory".

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »

And aren't the votes literally pissing in the wind? Like it doesn't matter if we approve or not its purely just "advisory".

yup

• Options
    I think I have voted no on one of those advisory taxation things once

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    I didn't realize that king had a thing to remove sheriff from being a voted in position. I approved that, I don't like voting for Sheriffs and feel its lead to some shitty choices.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    All of the local props are yes iirc.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    All of the local props are yes iirc.

I voted against the harborview one because I don't believe in hospitals.

No I didn't gosh.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Ballot done. I'll walk it over to the city hall drop box tomorrow.

• Options
    Ballot done. I'll walk it over to the city hall drop box tomorrow.

Same!

Oh so I can fulfill my promise vote for Marko, you're welcome random text guy.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I went to pick up some takeout food last night. Not to come off all "mynorthwest.com comments section" but holy hell if you go through central Ballard will you see some serious bullshit. I'm not even talking about the tent cities that have popped up everywhere (well, I am a little bit); I saw at least three people run into traffic on 15th.

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Ballot dropped off at Mill Creek library box! Was abit uncomfortable as half the parking lot is an active construction zone, but it was the closest box and looked reasonably well enforced. Here's hoping for a quick turnaround time on my ballot processing.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Oh, where do we check if our ballots have been counted? Dropped mine off on Monday

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Oh, where do we check if our ballots have been counted? Dropped mine off on Monday

The website should be on your ballot stub.

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Yup, VoteWA.gov should be the URL, they'll need your name, DOB and I think your address if I recall.

• Options
    Just checked both my wife and I have been counted. Democracy!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Roughly how long did it take for your results to show up on the site from when you dropped off the Ballot Preacher? This is my first general election voting up here so I don't know what to expect.

• Options

Roughly how long did it take for your results to show up on the site from when you dropped off the Ballot Preacher? This is my first general election voting up here so I don't know what to expect.

I dropped mine off on saturday, this was my first time checking. So 3 business days?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Gotcha, ok so I'll probably see something probably by Friday or Monday then. Thanks!

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    My ballot shows as having been received today. I dropped it in the box on Monday.

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Yeah, I think ours only took a couple of days. We dropped our ballots off at the Lynnwood city hall Saturday night and they were counted either Monday night or early Tuesday.

Artereis on
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    We dropped ours off Sunday at a dropbox and today it shows as received.

• Options
    Uhhh ok, don't want to panic, but did VoteWA show your ballot as "returned" and "received" when it got picked up? I dropped my ballot off yesterday and VoteWA is showing this today:

tmny8v7b08pm.png

It shows as received, but also returned today, and the request replacement ballot button is grayed out. Did my ballot get punted back to me or something? I thought I had everything filled out and I definitely signed the envelope!

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Uhhh ok, don't want to panic, but did VoteWA show your ballot as "returned" and "received" when it got picked up? I dropped my ballot off yesterday and VoteWA is showing this today:

tmny8v7b08pm.png

It shows as received, but also returned today, and the request replacement ballot button is grayed out. Did my ballot get punted back to me or something? I thought I had everything filled out and I definitely signed the envelope!

I believe it means Returned to Them, like the sent it to you and you returned it. You can't get a replacement because they received your vote.

• Options
    Ahhh ok so that makes more sense then. Thanks for the confirmation.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/man-asked-wear-face-mask-properly-inside-grocery-store-hurls-homophobic-slur-shopper/

Shopper at Edmonds qfc starts telling homophobic slurs at a gay customer after being told to wear his mask properly.

Customer complain to manager.

Manager accuses gay customer if causing the disturbance and calls the police on him.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
  • Options
    KalgarethKalgareth Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    If you are in King County this website works as well and has a better layout imho.

https://info.kingcounty.gov/kcelections/vote/myvoterinfo.aspx

Kalgareth on
  • Options
    Alright! Ballot status already been updated to "Accepted" so that's another hurdle cleared. I assume that's the last status update before they actually start counting them on election day correct? Or will they actually start tabulating it right away?

This discussion has been closed.