As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Washington]🦀Tim Eyman fined $2.6M, banned from directing political cmte finances🦀

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Alright! Ballot status already been updated to "Accepted" so that's another hurdle cleared. I assume that's the last status update before they actually start counting them on election day correct? Or will they actually start tabulating it right away?

They take it, verify its properly done, but the results won't be counted until election day. So basically its scanned in, but they don't know results.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Sweet, thanks again for the information.

• Options
    I see my town made the right wing dipshit news as some moron protest group demonstrated at a local grocery store and one of the people got removed for tresspassing. Oh Bothell.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    This has got to sting Durkan pretty badly, but can't say she hasn't earned it.

Tweeter is a writer for The Stranger

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I'm sorry, Washington.

You've got murder hornets.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    I'm sorry, Washington.

You've got murder hornets.

Thank god they were found in a place no one would want to live anyway.

FUCK YOU BLAINE!

Also when identified these murder hornets asked for poutine and milk in bags, so they are CANADIAN! THOSE FUCKERS!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Oh thats actually close hmm

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    As someone who has a pretty significant wasp/bee/needle phobia, the whole Murder Hornet story was my personal version of Peak 2020.

It feels like the universe is trying to stress me out, specifically.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I just saw an ad for Culp during the World Series.

He called Churches businesses.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

I mean, they are. They just usually don’t like to admit it for tax purposes.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    PPP did a poll that came out a couple days ago

Oct 14-15, 610 LVs
    Inslee 56%
    Culp 40%

plus 16 lol

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

Perhaps he meant the chicken place?

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Whelp, after someone tried to break into my car earlier this week, my wife accidentally left a package out for too long and it got stolen.

Both were on my doorbell camera. Pretty tired of this hobo bullshit, Seattle.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Doc wrote: »
    Whelp, after someone tried to break into my car earlier this week, my wife accidentally left a package out for too long and it got stolen.

We could eliminate most property crime instantly by just giving homeless people places to live in, but Americans just really fucking hate anyone who reminds them that they’re one misstep from what they think of as the bottom of the barrel.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Woo ballot filled out! Now I just have to drop it off. Hopefully the dems make some ground out here in Spokane.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Woo ballot filled out! Now I just have to drop it off. Hopefully the dems make some ground out here in Spokane.

One of Spokane’s reps openly advocates for the overthrow of the US Government and the installation of a white evangelical ethnostate.

I think Spokane is a lock.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

One of Spokane’s reps openly advocates for the overthrow of the US Government and the installation of a white evangelical ethnostate.

I think Spokane is a lock.

hey i'm pretty sure that dude isn't even running this time so... there's that! he moved on to taking over a racist ass church.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

We could eliminate most property crime instantly by just giving homeless people places to live in, but Americans just really fucking hate anyone who reminds them that they’re one misstep from what they think of as the bottom of the barrel.

That's all true.

But I also see this as justifying genuinely criminal behavior from a segment of the homeless population. That is to say, it's clear that not all people who are homeless are going around doing this stuff, and pointing out that "homeless people, therefore property crime" is a step in the same direction of lumping people who are homeless in with criminals as me calling their crimes "hobo bullshit."

I have no problem with saying that stealing a (checks notes)... infant playmat... off my front porch isn't much of a crime of survival, and is just unaccountable assholes being unaccountable assholes.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

That's all true.

But I also see this as justifying genuinely criminal behavior from a segment of the homeless population. That is to say, it's clear that not all people who are homeless are going around doing this stuff, and pointing out that "homeless people, therefore property crime" is a step in the same direction of lumping people who are homeless in with criminals as me calling their crimes "hobo bullshit."

I have no problem with saying that stealing a (checks notes)... infant playmat... off my front porch isn't much of a crime of survival, and is just unaccountable assholes being unaccountable assholes.

Right, but I also think this has been a growing issue all over, and I don't know how much that really correlates with homeless population. Maybe the persons on cam looked homeless, but it seems a bit much to just assume that because crime occurred, homeless people were involved.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    edit: deleted

Doc on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Yeah it's a growing issue all over because we recently had a complete collapse of our economic system and no one's done anything about it. Maybe it's "unfair" to tie it to the homeless when the homeless are hardly our only example of the failures of capitalism.

That's all true.

You really think people are stealing packages off your porch for... fun? Man, they're just hoping that box contains something they can sell so they can get something to eat that day.

admanb on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    There are Trumpvilles all over the place that weren’t there 4 years ago. Or even one year ago. It’s hard everywhere and higher property crimes are an inevitable result.

Doesn’t make it any more fun when I fuck up and leave something in my car in an unsecured garage and have a window broken and they take shit that will cost $500 to replace that they’ll be lucky to make $50 on (more realistically probably $10; obviously worn technical clothing can’t be that valuable).

I get it. It sucks. The situation sucks. Any solution has to start with getting people enough money they aren’t forced into this crap in the first place.

Orca on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I've been fortunate enough to not have stuff stolen off my porch yet, but I know it happens. I live in an apartment and at one point one of my neighbors said somebody had gotten inside and was trying the doors that they had to kick out.

I don't like how unsafe that makes me feel. But there are damned kids begging at some of the freeway entrances now. It's not just the obviously high or burnouts that have been on the streets way too long. Shit is bad.

Orca on
  • Options
    Yeah it's a growing issue all over because we recently had a complete collapse of our economic system and no one's done anything about it. Maybe it's "unfair" to tie it to the homeless when the homeless are hardly our only example of the failures of capitalism.

That's all true.

You really think people are stealing packages off your porch for... fun? Man, they're just hoping that box contains something they can sell so they can get something to eat that day.

I think they're stealing packages off my porch because they're dysfunctional assholes.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020

That's all true.

I think they're stealing packages off my porch because they're dysfunctional assholes.

Be on the streets not having eaten in days and come back and make this comment.

Edit: Or more accurately, beg someone else to make it on their cell phone because you won't have one at that point.

Mvrck on
  • Options
    Mvrck wrote: »

That's all true.

Be on the streets not having eaten in days and come back and make this comment.

Edit: Or more accurately, beg someone else to make it on their cell phone because you won't have one at that point.

I'd rather not, so I won't.

• Options
    I tell you what, I'll take back my statement that they're a dysfunctional asshole when they realize that what they stole has no resale value and drop it off back at my door.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I tell you what, I'll take back my statement that they're a dysfunctional asshole when they realize that what they stole has no resale value and drop it off back at my door.

And risk getting caught?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    kime wrote: »

And risk getting caught?

They didn't seem to care about that the first time. Suddenly they do when it's time to do the right thing?

Doc on
  • Options
    I mean not everyone who steals packages are poor or starving. Plenty of assholes take packages because of the aforementioned being an asshole. Doc can be upset something was taken off his door step and his car was broken into recently.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I get venting but you can vent without making hateful assumptions about the mental state of some who's almost certainly in a desperate situation.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I'm sure there's a place where you can throw around whatever the hell "hobo bullshit" is and people will join you in ranting about hobos, but it's not gonna be this thread.

I mean if you wanna sell me on actually this isn't about hating the homeless you probably shouldn't open with "hobo bullshit"???

admanb on
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I mean not everyone who steals packages are poor or starving. Plenty of assholes take packages because of the aforementioned being an asshole. Doc can be upset something was taken off his door step and his car was broken into recently.

"person who stole my package is bad" is different from "homeless person who stole my package is bad"

Also "person will take risks when they need money for good so they don't starve but not take risks to do a good deed? Pfft trash person"

Steam profile
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    We could have programs for:
    1) People desperate for money because of homelessness/hunger/drug addictions
    2) People who have psychological problems that make them do weird shit
    3) People who have some sort of social or personality disorder that makes them malicious assholes

But too many of #3 have been shutting down these programs or shipping people suffering from these to Seattle and other big cities

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    3) People who have some sort of social or personality disorder that makes them malicious assholes

But too many of #3 have been shutting down these programs or shipping people suffering from these to Seattle and other big cities

Exactly that, and it complicates 2 and 3 that it's almost impossible to provide long-term care for someone who doesn't want to comply with a given program.

• Options

"person who stole my package is bad" is different from "homeless person who stole my package is bad"

Also "person will take risks when they need money for good so they don't starve but not take risks to do a good deed? Pfft trash person"

Did you mean to reply to admanb? It was their response that was pointing out that committing property crime is part and parcel of being homeless.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Exactly that, and it complicates 2 and 3 that it's almost impossible to provide long-term care for someone who doesn't want to comply with a given program.

Especially because the #3 folks in power like to make long-term care a nightmare scenario or stigmatize people for having experienced said care.

There is actually a whole bunch of stuff we could do if the #3 folks weren't making as many things terrible as possible at all times.

Part of why I support socialist candidates when I can is that, if we can AT LEAST eliminate the problem of "I don't have enough resources to safely take care of my basic survival needs" we then have a situation where anyone on the streets doing shit is an addict and/or in the #2 or #3 categories.

• Options

Did you mean to reply to admanb? It was their response that was pointing out that committing property crime is part and parcel of being homeless.

You're the one that associated the property theft with "hobo bullshit," and then equated homeless people not returning stolen property as similarly making them assholes. Maybe I'm not understanding your point, but I'm only able to read what you say. Text is a bad medium for good communication.

Steam profile
  • Options

You're missing Incenjuar's point. If you want to be mad about (3), you should be mad about the (3)s who are in power and are making sure that the rest of us stay desperate and hungry.

• Options

You're the one that associated the property theft with "hobo bullshit," and then equated homeless people not returning stolen property as similarly making them assholes. Maybe I'm not understanding your point, but I'm only able to read what you say. Text is a bad medium for good communication.

I'm saying that it's frustrating that people wander through neighborhoods and steal stuff/break into cars. As admanb pointed out, the fact that these crimes are so commonplace is linked to homelessness, especially when I have video of a guy from the local camp doing it.

This discussion has been closed.