Options

at] the [chat] the [chat] the [chat] the [ch

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    How many skimpy costumes and loli characters are in the season pass?

This Season Pass will apply to 62 costumes and 2 new characters released during the period of March 2019 - June 2019.

$92 for two characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3aDgq5HQeM

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    In playing tom Clancy games I usually find their politics amusingly by-committee bland compared to their actual reputations whereas a lot of shooters considered unpolitical can be frankly much more problematic (CoD etc)

Remember: no Russian.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I like the pointedly multicultural urban farm communes in div 2 can we have those in DC irl

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    In playing tom Clancy games I usually find their politics amusingly by-committee bland compared to their actual reputations whereas a lot of shooters considered unpolitical can be frankly much more problematic (CoD etc)

Spec Ops: the Line, though

So good

So meta-good

It had to have that title to work

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Dead or Alive isn't a good fighting game but it's a fun silly game

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The main thing I know about DoA is that Marie Rose is really creepy.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

I was actually kind of surprised playing the new crackdown there were a couple weirdly on point political commentary moments.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I want a game where I abolish the wage system and eat the rich, literally

I want to be a communist velociraptor

override367 on
  • Options
    I want a game where I abolish the wage system and eat the rich

Glory to Arstotzka

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Winky wrote: »
    What if there were They Live style glasses that blocked out all anime tiddies

What kind of world would I find out there underneath it all

Just another layer of tiddies, even ruder.

navgoose on
  • Options
    Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Why is it worse for prosecutors to try a person for rape vs assault vs both? Do they not get to downgrade to assault if needed?

The step down to lesser charges in a deal is only going to come when you make a deal. Since subjects are more likely to try and go to trial for a rape charge, you've gotta go in with a plan that you have an airtight case for rape. Which, because of juries and society, is rare.

But why do they need to take a deal if its effectively proven in the court later anyway?

The deal is what happens before going to trial. The prosecution says "Here's what we will prove to a jury if we go to trial", and in the vast majority of cases a defendant will say "Okay, you got me, I go to jail" and end up getting less jail time that way. Nothing is really "proven" in that case, because the defendant admits it and it doesn't have to be. It's at this stage that the defense might say, "Hey, we'll plead guilty to assault if you stop charging rape" and that's one way you get a deal for a lesser charge.

But with rape, it's way more likely a defendant can say, "Nope, can't prove it, I committed no crimes." So before the prosecution signs off on arresting a person they have to expect that will be the response and in turn they have to have an overwhelmingly compelling case for rape.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I am going to try the Division 2 beta this weekend. I hope it is good, I enjoyed the first one but only for like a weekend.

• Options

Remember: no Russian.

That’s specifically what I had in mind yeah

• Options

The politics by-committee means there is a ton of extremely problematic stuff. The substanceless rah rah American patriotism mixed with "boo rules and corrupt government people getting in our way" and "it is A-OK to kill these drug smugglers, brown people, etc." stuff is both bland and problematic.

It is like how Farcry 5's nihilism is the result of playing it safe.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    The one time I had Jacobkosh in my XCOM2 game, he was a terrifying hooded psychic assassin who could walk through walls

Then my game crashed and deleted the Iron Man save

That hurt

so you're saying I disappeared...

*waves hands*

into the mists...

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I was actually kind of surprised playing the new crackdown there were a couple weirdly on point political commentary moments.

When the dispatcher lady explicitly identified capitalism as the root of their problems I laughed out loud

Comrade Crackdown is with us in the struggle

• Options

I will buy it only it if there is a chorus of velociraptors singing revolutionary songs.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    I finally got around to playing Darkest Dungeon, and as you do, I picked chat handles at random for hero names. Then I was quickly horrified by SiG going insane, EM refusing to do anything, and Chu bleeding to death, and realized maybe I should not name Darkest Dungeon characters after people.

Thrice have I played xcom or xcom 2 with chatter names, and all 3 times @Shivahn has been an unstoppable killing machine, the first game she became a mech, more machine than woman, dispassionately dissecting chrysalids with enormous robo-claws and commenting about the futility of the alien's struggle

both times Organichu came up in the rookie pool he died while in full cover from an enemy who couldn't possibly have had a shot

I made Arch an antiquarian, which means he sat around at the back of the party doing nothing but looking for bugs treasure.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I was thinking of trying to stream a commander or maybe even legendary ironman run of xcom 2 and add in viewer names. @TheKoolEagle has been doing a non-ironman run that has seemed fairly popular and it's a fun thing to play. I already beat commander ironman so going to max difficulty has an appeal.

I want another Silent Storm game.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    in gaming, let a thousand political flowers bloom

WW2 no-femmes-no-fats heterosexuality simulators alongside anarcho-8bit vegan text adventures

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Tree trimmers outside my apartment were not at all concerned about this car.

m6i2uzi21b17.jpeg

• Options
    Doesn't Crackdown 3 still have the leader of the evil government agency giving you orders like it wasn't revealed they were evil in the first game?

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Why is it worse for prosecutors to try a person for rape vs assault vs both? Do they not get to downgrade to assault if needed?

The step down to lesser charges in a deal is only going to come when you make a deal. Since subjects are more likely to try and go to trial for a rape charge, you've gotta go in with a plan that you have an airtight case for rape. Which, because of juries and society, is rare.
    The true sickness of our society is that if it goes to trial it is easier to get a conviction for murder (70%) than rape (45%). A large part of it is simply resources. A homicide detective will see about 8 cases a year, an svu detective will see about 60.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    The one time I had Jacobkosh in my XCOM2 game, he was a terrifying hooded psychic assassin who could walk through walls

Then my game crashed and deleted the Iron Man save

That hurt

The game could no longer contain psychic kosh. He now roams the world, watching. Waiting.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options

The politics by-committee means there is a ton of extremely problematic stuff. The substanceless rah rah American patriotism mixed with "boo rules and corrupt government people getting in our way" and "it is A-OK to kill these drug smugglers, brown people, etc." stuff is both bland and problematic.

It is like how Farcry 5's nihilism is the result of playing it safe.

I guess we would have to start taking specific games here because this does not describe Division 1 or the parts of Division 2 shown thus far at all

Ghost Recon wildlands had zero American patriotism, but you did kill drug smugglers at the behest of the local government

Rainbow six is just “stop the bomb or free the hostage” most of the time

Farcry’s cavalier attitude towards depictions of torture and the games’ general tenor overall strike me as a hundred times more gross than Tom Clancy games of the last few years

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options

When the dispatcher lady explicitly identified capitalism as the root of their problems I laughed out loud

Comrade Crackdown is with us in the struggle

Well even the director like attacks rich people twice. Once it feels like a direct shot against like a bezos/bill gates billionare who made a ton of money off the backs of the poor and then offer charity to hide their sins. And then again later on he attacks rich people for signing on with the big bad and "following orders doesn't stave off the agency murdering". It's like they mix it in with the hyperbolic judge dredd style justice in Crackdown, but I see you writer, I see you putting subtlety in there.

Honestly my issue with the Division and Ubisoft games in general is that they feel like they want to play it safe so much they end up being offensively bland/lacking any story whatsoever. I enjoyed the division 1's setting and gunplay, but most of the stories the game was trying to tell were super basic emotional appeals, or like preper fantasy "what I'd do in the apocalypse."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    in gaming, let a thousand political flowers bloom

WW2 no-femmes-no-fats heterosexuality simulators alongside anarcho-8bit vegan text adventures

Your chaotic ideal is feeding consumers' more outlandish tastes, creating echo chambers and leading to more division between ooh, is that an alternate history RTS where the Soviets invaded America and the Americans heroically beat them back?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2019
    I felt hinky in The Division about shooting "looters" but you graduate pretty quickly from that to crazed genocidal garbagemen, fascist PMCs, and rogue CIA agents so *shrugs* eh

also the narrative and flavor content in the game, the various characters you interact with and the various audiologs/phonecalls/etc you pick up, was sometimes surprisingly good and I felt like was pretty good about depicting a busy, multicultural NYC in a way that's meant to evoke empathy and sympathy - you're supposed to feel bad about the disaster and defiantly want to set things right, not jerk off to some conservative fantasy of God smiting Babylon or whatever

(with the caveat that the narrative stuff in the game varies wildly in tone from straitlaced super-serious "this is real life" milsim to like, nearly slapstick in parts)

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I can’t really hang with any of the old school comedians whose routine is “check out my annoying yelling”

Kinison and Goldthwait used it so well. It was great.

• Options
    Doesn't Crackdown 3 still have the leader of the evil government agency giving you orders like it wasn't revealed they were evil in the first game?

There isn't any real cannon to abide by in crackdown. Like the idea of long term story is kind of laughable.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

you can do both of these things in sunless skies, more or less

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I will buy Sunless Skies once I beat BOTW: Zelda Edition, I have to save link from the castle he's trapped in with the help of my many ghost girlfriends

override367 on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    DoA6 apparently doesn't have lobbies at launch. lmao

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Death mark is still very good, I need more games like this.

• Options
    One of my favorite characters in Anthem is the intelligence agent you work with on two of the games instances. He's just so casually insulting to you in the missions, and if you visit him in the bar he'll occasionally comment on things you the player did but in a catty way. Its delicious.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Again I feel like in div1 it’s pretty clear that regular people are also looting, the difference is whether or not they cross into threatening people with AK-47s in the street

You’ll see the NPCs trying to force open car doors before they walk up to you to ask for a granola bar or whatever

You’re stopping people from using violence to enforce an unfair social hierarchy while you’re being the street level stop gap until society can get back on its legs

I guess I assume that the modern setting does not preclude generic video game ethics from applying where players are allowed to shoot 7000 peoplebecause “video games” and there’s some fig leaf of you doing this for the sake of society vs the basic personal will to power of most fantasy RPGs

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    One of my favorite characters in Anthem is the intelligence agent you work with on two of the games instances. He's just so casually insulting to you in the missions, and if you visit him in the bar he'll occasionally comment on things you the player did but in a catty way. Its delicious.

Sexy delicious.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Wooo maxed out sick time last pay period while I had the flu and went over but no one in HR said anything so I get a surprise 800 dollar pay check. Neat!

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.