Options

New [Fashion] thread. Quite stylish.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I couldn't find any well-sourced information whether there are actually depictions of ancient Scandinavians with braided beards because I would really like to see them

19th century artists would often portray Gothic, Celtic and various other "barbarian" men with braids - this is where Obelix got his - but mostly on their scalp

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Vikings knew you just can't have a neckbeard, man

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    The key is to get your beard longer than your neck and then nobody will ever see it so why even bother shaving

I dont even know if I have a jaw anymore

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Jaw made out of compacted hair

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I’ve long since passed the event horizon of ever being able to gracefully come back from having a beard.

Every so often I consider shaving it off and I remember the last time I did that and was immediately like

r36da04nkbm6.png

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I sometimes have dreams about shaving my beard and having even the most meager of jaw lines, or even being able to just eat soup again.

But then I wake up and am confronted with the cold, hairy reality of only being allowed in polite society because of the beard. Like some kinda reverse werewolf.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I used to have a pretty decent jawline, about 30-35 kilograms ago. Now my face is too damn round and chubby. I really do need to lose some weight but damn it, I fucking hate cardio.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I used to have a pretty decent jawline, about 30-35 kilograms ago. Now my face is too damn round and chubby. I really do need to lose some weight but damn it, I fucking hate cardio.

I weigh around 78kg, but I got real puffy cheeks so a beard is pretty necessary

also I'm gonna shave my head soon because my hairline isn't so much receding as it is in full scale retreat

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    HEY GANG

We can't go out in public except for exercise, groceries, health emergencies or essential work still here for another month at the VERY LEAST (fuck my life) so it's still really difficult to try to think about buying fashion stuff

But

I'm eyeballing new shoes anyway

I threw away two pairs that sucked and were disintegrating

So...
    alwhuoli47qu.png
    cnvj31fx4wu4.png
    zzew9t536moa.png
    ebyetbt37oxu.png

Thoughts?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I like 3 and 4 the best. Weirdly I might prefer the non-black version of 4.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I like the orange ones

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Need to know if the bottoms have cool stamps on them.

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Need to know if the bottoms have cool stamps on them.

buy sandra dinner before you ask her that!

• Options
    oh the shoes

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    The first three feel like a high fashion take on those traditional Japanese wooden sandals. With the lifted wooden blocks on the bottoms? Of all the images, I also like the last one in orange the best.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    1 and orange 4 for me please thank you.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    The first three feel like a high fashion take on those traditional Japanese wooden sandals. With the lifted wooden blocks on the bottoms? Of all the images, I also like the last one in orange the best.

geta, I think? fake edit: yes they're called geta

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I like 4 in both colours

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    4 is the best.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    4 is great.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I don't have a lot of call for orange shoes - I have tan wedge sandals that would do the job for every outfit I would wear orange shoes with. Orange is not a color that is especially becoming on me.

Then again I also don't have a TON of call for green shoes, I just... Like green a lot.

I'm torn because the black sandals are certainly an easy use case in the tropics, but also they are I think the most boring choice?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Okay, for me

Pink right?
    I got rid of most of my old pink shirts anyway and I look good in pink

I want one. these shirts are now made in Kenya and dyed in Nigeria using yoruba dyeing techniques :

GALACTICPINK.png?v=1590165469

Some other colors
    GALACTICAZUREFULL.png?v=1590165701

GALACTICINDIGOFULL.png?v=1590165619

GALACTICAZUREcopy.png?v=1590166054

TIE-DYEFLOWERINDIGO.png?v=1590121957

Other colors are cool too tho hm
    The combo azure pink too
    Wanna pick 1

Pink is my instinct

poo
  • Options
    I feel like orange shoes I dunno, even if orange isn’t your color, because it’s just on your feet and not a large part of your outfit could work real well to accent even if it’s not normally a color you do

poo
  • Options
    I like the pink and the azure and pink best, Shaz.

I think ultimately I am sad to say I will not be buying orange shoes. It's not really even an accent color I can make work with anything in my wardrobe? Like, I own one tropical-ish dress that has some orange in it and one vintage dress that, while brown and orange, would not work with those shoes at all.

I wear a shitton of black, and then some cream and pink, and then the rest of my closet is jewel tones.

So sadly, spending hundos on shoes that don't vibe with any of my existing wardrobe doesn't make a lot of sense.

I feel bad now for betraying all you orange lovers.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    I will never forgive you Sandra

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I approve of your colour rejection.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I woke up thinking about being a freshman in college and my regrets of that life period / the few things I wish I could tell 18 year old me

Which got me looking through old photos

Boy I coulda used some fashion advice I’ve the many years
    At the very least, a tiny amount of hair product would have done wonders

(I’m baffled that I, with my limp hair, avoided using hair product until like 2 years ago at the earliest? What was I thinking?)

But also *everyone* looked like a schlub in 2006 according to these pics
    Compared to college age kids now all instagram’d out, it’s wild

Though the 00s in general don’t strike me as a great time for styles...

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

I think ultimately I am sad to say I will not be buying orange shoes. It's not really even an accent color I can make work with anything in my wardrobe? Like, I own one tropical-ish dress that has some orange in it and one vintage dress that, while brown and orange, would not work with those shoes at all.

I wear a shitton of black, and then some cream and pink, and then the rest of my closet is jewel tones.

So sadly, spending hundos on shoes that don't vibe with any of my existing wardrobe doesn't make a lot of sense.

+1 for the pink, with my personal fave being the azure.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    #4 black shoes, pink shirt

I shaved my beard off this weekend, down to stubble and I feel like a thumb

I trimmed it, then had to fix the jaw line

It did not go well

:?

• Options
    I’m not shaving my beard nor cutting my hair

I will get a haircut in like 2021 when I am able to again
    I don’t trust myself

IJLMo2O.jpg

New blue linen safari jacket rules

I’m really sad tho cuz I ordered shorts made from the same material but I got the wrong size and need to return them so they’re sold out
    I coulda had a sweet matching linen safari jacket / shorts combo

poo
  • Options
    So.. Bob Fossil?

1221498615Bob_Fossil_L_.jpg

• Options
    Well, I do wear other pants since I don’t have the missing shorts, I don’t just wear no bottoms

poo
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Oh he's got shorts on there

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Oh he's got shorts on there

So very short.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Pfft!

Just wear the shoes.

Or, more grammatically correctly, wear just the shoes.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I woke up thinking about being a freshman in college and my regrets of that life period / the few things I wish I could tell 18 year old me

(I’m baffled that I, with my limp hair, avoided using hair product until like 2 years ago at the earliest? What was I thinking?)

the oughts were a very questionable time for fashion

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    As a ruddy tall man of heft, I recently purchased a red plaid shirt, which is rather daring compared to my usual dark blue and earth tone color palette. However, I've worn out some of my favorite shirts from the same company, so I feel confident placing my trust in them again.

My order was never shipped. Based on the tracking info, it was never delivered to the post office after the tracking number was created. I finally contacted the seller after three weeks and got a replacement shipped out. Fashion ahoy!

y77eulffgz6v.png

When it arrived, I saw this:

kt0ov6kwenil.png

Now, I won't argue that pale pink and navy are a rad color combination for many gentlemen. However, that's not where any of the rest of my jam is at.

Looks like I get to return an Amazon order for the first time ever!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options

the oughts were a very questionable time for fashion

jncos and big dog tees for days

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    are jncos the oughts? i always associated them with my middle/high school days, which were firmly in the mid to late 90s

but also i don't think i know a single thing about fashion from like 2001 to 2012, so i'm mostly clueless

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I would have guessed they were the 80s as I hadn't remembered them from my school days starting in like '93