As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NCAA Basketball: South Carolina Wins The Best Women's Tournamnet

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    We're tipping off with two completely untrustworthy teams so this could be interesting.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    This is a hell of an ending to this LSU/Maryland game.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    MARCH!

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Cog wrote: »
    I'm mildly reassured. We can play with anyone, if we show up. We're just so weirdly inconsistent. At least we seem to be firing on all cylinders right now.

Only watched the last five minutes, but this seemed like the inconsistent Cyclones again. :/

Only Shayok showed up for the full game.

Well, at least I can thank OSU for putting my fandom out of it's fucking misery for another spring/summer.

• Options
    Nervous about this Wofford game without Washington. We should still be fine, we have plenty of guys who can have big games, but still....nervous.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Nervous about this Wofford game without Washington. We should still be fine, we have plenty of guys who can have big games, but still....nervous.

Wofford got jobbed on three calls there at the end

But credit to Kentucky, keeping Magee off kilter all day is what really did the Terriers in

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »

Wofford got jobbed on three calls there at the end

But credit to Kentucky, keeping Magee off kilter all day is what really did the Terriers in

Yeah, we got really lucky in a lot of ways in this game. Magee, who is nearly a 50% 3-point shooter, went 0/12 from behind the arc this game, and while Kentucky definitely played great defense on him, he had at least 5 or 6 open threes that he missed.

On the other hand, Wofford was lucky Washington wasn't in this game so *shrug*. Just glad to be advancing.

If PJ's not back for KC though, we're boned. It was really obvious how much we missed him. He opens up the defense so much because he can actually shoot 3s, so it's really tough to guard him. Plus his rebounding is a major factor, and we really missed that in this game.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Michigan struggles against zones. Poole hit his first two threes and now can't buy one.

• Options
    Reggie Miller: "Clark talks about Army Swiss Knifes ... (thinks, knows he got it wrong)... Army Swiss Knifes like Charles Matthews."

It's the knowing you got it wrong, restarting, and then saying the exact same thing that makes it art.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    My wife just went Travel Truther on Poole’s bucket

• Options
    At the under 8 minutes timeout in the first half Ja Morant's stat line is 16 points, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block

The rest of Murray State is 10 points, 1 block

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Scheduling is so weird for the tournament.

Kentucky/Wofford was the only game today on the right side of the bracket. All the others are on the left side. So I have to wait until tomorrow to find out who we're facing in the Sweet Sixteen.

Feels like they should group games by region.

Edit: Oh wait, they have Auburn/Kansas and Nova/Purdue later today as well. But Auburn/Kansas is in a different Sweet Sixteen group! Still so weird.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options

Kentucky/Wofford was the only game today on the right side of the bracket. All the others are on the left side. So I have to wait until tomorrow to find out who we're facing in the Sweet Sixteen.

They used to, but attendance sucked because it required all eight teams in one half of a region to be in the same place. So they switched to the pod system where it's two four team tournaments regardless of region. This is a minor negative side effect.

• Options

They used to, but attendance sucked because it required all eight teams in one half of a region to be in the same place. So they switched to the pod system where it's two four team tournaments regardless of region. This is a minor negative side effect.

Oh no, yeah I get that, having them in different locations for the first and second weekends.

I'm just saying in terms of which games are on Saturday vs. Sunday, feels like they could match that up a little better.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Zavier Simpson with a Herman Cain stat line of 9 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I'm confused now. I thought there were 4 sites, for the 4 regions, and all of the teams in a bracket played at the same location.

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »
    I'm confused now. I thought there were 4 sites, for the 4 regions, and all of the teams in a bracket played at the same location.

First two rounds have 8 sites, Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight have 4.

• Options
    Zags make a three on a bad lob attempt. They do not need that kind of help.

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »

Nope. If you look at a bracket, you can see the first two rounds have their own locations in little blocks:

yuhF8Hc.png

The 4 regional sites are for the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight rounds only.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    That's five Sweet Sixteens in seven years, with the two we didn't make it we had comically bad injury luck like the second best NBA player (Lavert) we've had in this stretch getting hurt both years.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    FSU's "defend everyone but Morant" game plan worked like a charm. Morant has his scoring average, but it's about half of his team's points and he's still stuck on just 3 assists when he averages more than ten a game.

Bummer on the blowout though

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Gophers gonna die.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Is it just me or is halftime taking extra long

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I will say - Morant and Zion are close enough in overall talent that'd I'd be forced to consider team makeup before deciding on one or the other for a pickup game

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Is it just me or is halftime taking extra long

It's extended in the tournament, as are all opportunities for CBS/TNT/TBS to make money.

• Options
    I will never understand why the media loves Tom Izzo so fucking much.

• Options
    That fourth foul on Vital was terrible and ended the game. That was a play on situation.

• Options
    Carson Edwards has four threes in the first five minutes.

• Options
    Nova does not enjoy playing good Big Ten teams this year. Yikes.

• Options
    lol Kansas

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Oh hey it's the Iowa I'm familiar with.

• Options
    And now the Rick Barnes I do not trust.

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019

I quoted the wrong post here but I’m seeing that PJ is most likely shut down for good. All this rest can’t hurt, but apparently he and his doctor are nervous enough about it to keep him out.

At the very least, if PJ doesn’t play we have an excellent excuse for the inevitable loss.

Also- this is the Tennessee I expected to see

Bubs on
    PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Oh Iowa, how you not timeout there?

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Oh hey double post.

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    They tried. Barnes not having Schofield in the game there is insane.

• Options
    That's the play you draw up to win the game?

Rick Barnes you are the worst

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Then Isiah Moss takes a couple absolutely terrible shots because it's not like Fran is a good coach either.

• Options
    Nice of the clock to keep running while they took 5 seconds to inbound

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    That game was a microcosm of Tennessee’s season

PSN: thewheelz