As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I hope you don't mind the old [SE++ WoW] thread

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I would have given it to you if I could. You deserve a cool dragon.

Edit:
    Zay please have this:

Bucketman on
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I would have given it to you if I could. You deserve a cool dragon.

Edit:
    Zay please have this:

Lol @ half of those being Deathwing or Sindragosa

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    I’ve spent 1925 doubloons and don’t have it, there’s no guarantee I will get it with another 1925 doubloons. Meanwhile other people have gotten the Good Shit with only 175 doubloons. The reward structure in this game is just so fucked, I am exhausted with this rng hell. I just want my cool dragon

Wait, you mean that it doesn't cost some high number of doubloons and you can potentially just never have it drop with no way to put a limit on how long you might have to grind for it? That seems pretty old-school designwise.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I do like the Warcraft Dragon Aesthetic. Even though it barely deviates from the Generic D&D Dragon Aesthetic, so it might just be that I like the Generic D&D Dragon Aesthetic actually.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    I’ve spent 1925 doubloons and don’t have it, there’s no guarantee I will get it with another 1925 doubloons. Meanwhile other people have gotten the Good Shit with only 175 doubloons. The reward structure in this game is just so fucked, I am exhausted with this rng hell. I just want my cool dragon

Wait, you mean that it doesn't cost some high number of doubloons and you can potentially just never have it drop with no way to put a limit on how long you might have to grind for it? That seems pretty old-school designwise.

It's lootboxes, RNG is built in. It's why I'm buying everything off the regular vendor first.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hey anyone wanna help me gear my new baby DK? I'm testing out Frost vs Unholy for DPS but I want to Blood tank eventually, I just have no gear for it.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Caedwyr wrote: »

It's lootboxes, RNG is built in. It's why I'm buying everything off the regular vendor first.

That's a good point. While the old-school design reminds me a lot of the grinding for the Bomb or Goblin summon in FFIV, those types of punishing super low chance grind mechanics have come back fully monetized in the modern game world in the form of lootboxes or similar mechanisms.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    WUAAAHH1H1H1H11H1H1

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    wd2n8xul4y4y.jpg
    I DID IT

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    Show's over folks, pack it up.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    his screenshot doesn't reflect that he got BOTH mounts in a single fucking loot box

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    I finally got A mount. The moose. Wasnt what I wanted.

Still here, still doing islands, its me your boy zeny.

But hey, i'll keep cornering this fucking sword market. All you smucks you got yer dragons stopped putting swords up but im still plugging them in and making money.

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Do y'all still have a million Plundered Blades of Northern Kings?

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Turkson wrote: »
    Do y'all still have a million Plundered Blades of Northern Kings?

No they keep selling for 40-50k on the AH so I keep putting them up there for that much.

• Options
    by this time tomorrow i will be a fox

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I saw that my char I thought had high Vold rep actually isn't even halfway through honored. So I am working on just making a Nightborne instead.

I would love the camp racial, but I don't really care for any other ones they have. I wish Horde had better paladin options though.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    due to an extremely unfortunately timed work thing I will miss tue/thu nyalotha but be on to collect my charity epics next week

• Options
    Raid will happen at 10:00 pm est Tuesday I guess?

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Our raid schedule is going to be 9pm EST/8 server time, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, lasting roughly 4 hours each night, beginning tomorrow.

We'll be starting with normal mode, so fairly easytimes. There are guides available on wowhead and youtube, but we won't be doing many pre-fight explanations. Some people like to go in blind, others don't, so that'll be a personal choice.

Raid flasks and food and such are personal responsibility as well, but if we get a pretty static group going, cauldrons and feasts will be provided.

Also, if you haven't done the quest chain to get your legendary cloak yet, it's recommended, since sanity apparently plays a role in the final boss fight of the raid.

Javen on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    I don't know if I can make Thursdays this time around. But Tuesdays for sure.

borb_sig.png
  • Options
    I put my kids to bed and it sometimes goes a little bit beyond 9. Is it cool if I end up slightly late? Otherwise that works for me.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Saeris wrote: »

Damn, we better get those one night clears going quick then.

Actually come to think of it, who do we regularly have online for healers right now?

• Options
    I’ve been keeping both my boomkin and healing sets up to par so I can do either.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    1e78n8v0ll2a.png

T4CT on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    just to make sure I havent missed anything, there are no new raid consumables right, same ones from eternal palace tier?

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I put my kids to bed and it sometimes goes a little bit beyond 9. Is it cool if I end up slightly late? Otherwise that works for me.

Yeah that’s fine, we don’t close off invites after a certain timeframe or anything like that.

• Options
    just to make sure I havent missed anything, there are no new raid consumables right, same ones from eternal palace tier?

I’m honestly not sure, since new profession stuff isn’t available until tomorrow, but I think most of the new stuff has to do with the visions.

• Options
    I think all the consumables are the same as eternal palace, yeah. New profession stuff is just the standard crafted normal/heroic/mythic pieces they’ve been doing this expansion, I believe

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Dys wrote: »
    Saeris wrote: »

Damn, we better get those one night clears going quick then.

Actually come to think of it, who do we regularly have online for healers right now?

Yo it's ya boy Healy Skragg.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I lied I’m healing tomorrow

• Options
    Necne says he'll show up and see if anything comes together also on the healer front

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    has necne even logged on to do the cape stuff and rank that up or like, anything

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I don't know, maybe not, but also nevermind he remembered he's busy tomorrow anyway

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I should probably mention that I am likely not going to be raiding tonight.

I'll be there Thursday and going forwards, but tomorrow morning my fiancée and I are moving. So staying up tonight is not really an option for me.

• Options
    ty people who loaned me key pets for the blackrock depths pet dungeon

as of last night the deed is done (had to do it twice for the toys because challenge mode lol)

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    The tortollian emissary from yesterday was giving a 415 trinket.

Today it's giving a 445 trinket.

One would have hoped blizzard would tell people it'd do that, but... sucks to suck for anyone who did it yesterday I guess!

• Options
    Aww beans

• Options
    Well works for me! Gonna do it on both my guys because a 445 is nice!

• Options
    Btw you were right about Heroic Darkshore Zeny. Alliance got hosed.

• Options
    How did they get hosed?

This discussion has been closed.