As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] Breath of the Wild sequel in development!

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    There is at least one other person who didn't know this was a thing.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Holy shit, that IS Outset island. O.o

• Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    I don't see it. >.<

Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    That's the fishing village, right? Wow, definitely didn't notice.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    physi_marc wrote: »
    I don't see it. >.<

The position of the tower as related to the House is almost exactly How the part of Outset Island is set up, just smaller and fewer houses.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Yeeeeah I don't buy it.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    There's a raised platform, and a little way along the beach from the platform... is a house.
    I feel like that may be reaching a bit.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »
    There's a raised platform, and a little way along the beach from the platform... is a house.
    I feel like that may be reaching a bit.

Could be. Definitely not supposed to be 1:1 but I would not be surprised if they were trying to make it reminiscent of it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    6w0dhvt0n54k.jpg

It's got similar little rock ledges as well and possibly some other features, but I dunno if it's meant to "actually" be Outset.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Delduwath on
  • Options
    That's ingenious!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    That's monstrous.
    I love it.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    How the hell did I not think of doing that????

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    BOTW ... you NEVER cease to amaze me <3. Makes the wait for the sequel/part 2 THAT much harder. Then again I could dick around in BOTW for another 500 hours so ... yeah.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    Oh, you thought people hitting on Link was bad before. Yeah, let's let him into a town of only women, most of them looking for a husband, and who know he was strong enough to beat the divine beast ... Link would have to literally beat them off with a stick. I'm not saying they are thirsty but they value strength and want to pass on thier genes. Talk about hitting on him ... we would have to pray for his chastity. It would have been nice to not have to change outfits, but the alternative gives me pause.

I think my fav part of that town was finding a woman talking to a broom with a face drawn on it and some stick arms for practice. I did kinda enjoy that a desert town would be both literally and figuratively the thirstiest town in the land.

• Options
    Ear3nd1lEar3nd1l Eärendil the Mariner, father of Elrond Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Delduwath wrote: »

I haven't played BotW in a while, so can someone refresh my memory on how exactly one could do this?
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Wow he got big!

Psh, that was months ago. Look at him now.
    3qsncfpmhthr.jpeg

He looks a lot like my son did at that age. I miss that, he's twelve now.

Ear3nd1l on
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Drop an electric weapon near anything metal.

It's also how you skip most electric shrines.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I can’t remember finding any of those korok ball and chain puzzle things near an enemy camp. I guess they don’t despawn and you can magnesis them anywhere you want if you had the patience.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I was under the impression there was one out in the open world and people used it along with magnesis to fly around.

• Options
    Yeah, they probably dragged it a distance to do that.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    On the one hand, cool.

On the other hand.. why not just shoot/stab them?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    On the one hand, cool.

On the other hand.. why not just shoot/stab them?

"I don't want to shoot/stab them, I want to turn people into dinosaurs torture bokoblins!"

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Nerd moment here, but it can't actually be Outset Island- elevation-wise Lurelin Village is certainly below Hyrule Castle, and would therefore be in the flood-zone. Outset is presumably on top of what used to be a mountain. Plus, the docks on Outset are North-facing, whereas in Lurelin Village they are South-facing. The layout is definitely similar, and the style of houses is similar as well, so its almost certainly an homage, perhaps the descendants/ancestors of the people of Outset Island, etc., but it isn't literally Outset (which seems to be what a lot of people are saying).

It's still a really cool nod that I didn't put together when I played the game! I love this kind of stuff, it makes me want to boot the game back up and go in and see if there are any other nods to Outset Island hiding out in there.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    Nerd moment here, but it can't actually be Outset Island- elevation-wise Lurelin Village is certainly below Hyrule Castle, and would therefore be in the flood-zone. Outset is presumably on top of what used to be a mountain. Plus, the docks on Outset are North-facing, whereas in Lurelin Village they are South-facing. The layout is definitely similar, and the style of houses is similar as well, so its almost certainly an homage, perhaps the descendants/ancestors of the people of Outset Island, etc., but it isn't literally Outset (which seems to be what a lot of people are saying).

It's still a really cool nod that I didn't put together when I played the game! I love this kind of stuff, it makes me want to boot the game back up and go in and see if there are any other nods to Outset Island hiding out in there.

This is an alternate timeline where the Divine Beasts something something tectonic shift something something elevation changes something something.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »

mount hebra and death mountain are literally the same mountain in LttP

the temple of time seems to teleport all over the place (it's clearly the same building in both OoT and TP, why's one in the city and the other in the Lost Woods?), and the one on the Great Plateau is supposedly the original despite the Sealed Temple being basically at ground level

trying to figure out anything from the geography in Zelda games is a fool's game, they don't really care much if the references make sense

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Seeing the original LoZ map in AOL blew my mind when I discovered it 15 years later.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I figured it wasn't literally Outset, just a reference

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I never believed that any of the “past” locations in BoTW are literally the same places from other games. More like this Hyrule is an amalgamation of other Hyrules.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    I think it's a reference in the way that this is how Hyrulians build seaside villages.
    Given that they explicitly re-create locations each game (Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, Gerudo Desert, etc), this really feels like it's looking for patterns in clouds.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Seeing the original LoZ map in AOL blew my mind when I discovered it 15 years later.

Here's a fun one - compare A Link to the Past's Death Mountain to Zelda 1's. There's even a graveyard at its foothills! The surroundings are completely different, but it's a neat reference.

But yeah, for the most part it's more about landmarks than the physical relationship between said landmarks. Spectacle Rock is in the Gerudo mountains in Breath of the Wild, for instance, rather than being on Death Mountain. Some broad strokes can be similar between maps, like the general relationship between places in OoT vs. WW vs. TP, but even then there's differing schools of thought and Breath of the Wild is more based on the LttP map.

The map names in BotW are more just meant to make you feel nostalgic about how, say, Linebeck got an island named after him or how there's an area to the east of Hyrule Castle with a Minish Cap naming scheme or whatever.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Today I’d like to remind you of these things.

a9sibazpe4jw.jpeg

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    ...why? Why would you do this?

• Options
  • Options
    So, so weird

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    0tqgdb5ona2g.jpeg

Today, that guy’s face. You’re welcome.

• Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    Less of that thing, more of this thing:

https://youtu.be/CYutF8qr7AY

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Curtesy of artist ‘Papabay’.

6kwegpw2kkzl.jpeg
    x8iqlnd406g4.jpeg
    0hnjeh6v4og6.jpeg

So ends my series of posting fanart.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    heart duplication...how do people find this stuff?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il862hwaS2k&amp;feature=youtu.be

• Options
    I never did find that statue in my playthrough.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I never did find that statue in my playthrough.
    I missed it in my first round through the game.

This discussion has been closed.