Options

PC Games - Void Bastards, Outer Wilds, Draugen & Atmocity out today!

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Pretty much a summary of Dodger's Observation playthrough so far:

https://clips.twitch.tv/DirtyBloodyPhoneJebaited

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I beat the king's hand in dead cells finally

• Options
    Started Conan: Unconquered and it just throws you in the fire with barely any explanation how anything works. Luckily the game has a pause mode and things are pretty straightforward but it's shocking to play a game with no early hand-holding to get you going.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I was kind of figuring Death Stranding was closer than people expected, especially when they were talking about it being a PS5 game or whatever

So I'm not particularly surprised it's hitting late this year

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I have some pretty serious doubts that this Avengers game will be worth the many years it’s been in development

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I have some pretty serious doubts that this Avengers game will be worth the many years it’s been in development

How long has it been in development for?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    It was announced in 2017 but development reportedly didn't get underway until late that year/early 2018

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    So it just FEELS like it's been around forever.

I could have sworn it missed 2 E3's, but I guess not.

• Options
    Apparently Borderlands 3 just keeps finding new rakes to step on, as Gearbox has rehired Chris Hardwick to reprise his role from Tales from the Borderlands, while Troy Baker was left in the dust and recast without notice for Rhys.

Good work, dipshits

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Apparently Borderlands 3 just keeps finding new rakes to step on, as Gearbox has rehired Chris Hardwick to reprise his role from Tales from the Borderlands, while Troy Baker was left in the dust and recast without notice for Rhys.

Good work, dipshits

Isn’t Chris Hardwick a noted piece of shit

Or is that a different Chris

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    He has been accused of some real gross shit yeah

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Ugh, I think that’s the tipping point for me. I liked Borderlands but I’m not so attached that I feel the need to support them.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Borderlands 3 is like a fucking magnet for bad news at this point. That said, it'll probably still sell gangbusters, so I feel like none of this will matter in the long run. :(

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Started Conan: Unconquered and it just throws you in the fire with barely any explanation how anything works. Luckily the game has a pause mode and things are pretty straightforward but it's shocking to play a game with no early hand-holding to get you going.

That sounds amazing, I'm going to have to look into this. I'm also just a huge Conan fan in general so

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I went back and played Borderlands 2 recently because of all the talk about B3 and uh

I don't know, it made me reconsider my appreciation of this series, tbh

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

This is basically all Paradox games heh.

"Learning curve? Nope sorry just a learning vertical cliff"

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »

That sounds amazing, I'm going to have to look into this. I'm also just a huge Conan fan in general so

It looks like the same sort of game as They Are Billions

Never heard of it, but the reviews for Conan are disappointing. That's sad, because the premise is interesting. Maybe I'll wait and see if they can patch out some of it's issues

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Things I've learned from playing Conan: Unconquered:
    1. Gotta go fast.
    2. Fire is bad.
    3. There are flying things your ground troops can't hit (need ranged).
    4. Fire is really bad.
    5. Everything is bad and wants to kill you.
    6. GOD DAMMIT EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular

This is basically all Paradox games heh.

"Learning curve? Nope sorry just a learning vertical cliff"

I always love using this analogy:

i-n3Tw63Q.jpg

Although I'm surprised to see it was originally made in reference to Mass Effect, which I felt like was a very intuitive experience, especially compared to like, CKII.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    "Conan, what is best in life?"
    1. Gotta go fast.
    2. Fire is bad.
    4. Fire is really bad.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I would like to add WTF SPIDERS EVERYWHERE to that list.

Also, GassyMexican and Crream on Twitch are going to co-op it later tonight. Should be comedy. Probably around 6-7 pm PDT.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I just spent most of the day playing through Observation and I gotta say that was a hell of a game. If you watched the quick look and were interested I’d say it’s totally worth the 12.50 epic is charging for it right now.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Cultist Simulator's "expandalone" (seriously people stop inventing words) Book of Hours has been announced. Gameplay is supposed to be similar to CS, with the same verb / card interaction system.

It's set in a library, and the idea seems to be that people come in and you give them books or other cards to learn about them. Apparently you can still die by opening cursed books, and honestly if I wasn't already sold, cursed books kinda does it.

based on absolutely nothing, I suspect we're at least six months - maybe a year - away from even a pre-order phase. Oh, I finished the ign* article and it says there will be a kickstarter later this year. So my confidence in that prediction just went up a fair bit.

* hilariously, for whatever reason, the ign tab is labeled "An unexpected error has occurred"

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I went back and played Borderlands 2 recently because of all the talk about B3 and uh

I feel like I really liked the first and second games for a period of time, but the more I played them the more I started to bounce off them. The only one I feel I have too much affection for is the Presequel, which is considered the "bad one" by a lot of people.

I will probably get 3 to play with friends, but I'm feeling kind of wishy-washy about it. Randy Pitchford and Gearbox frequently tripping on their own dicks every few days like clockwork isn't helping.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Him and his wife (thejunglequeen on Twitch) have been streaming it for quite a while, it's kinda cool. It's Terraria + Diablo (way more Diablo) with some optional survival mechanics and a neat little town-building system.

simpsonstellmemore.gif

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Am I crazy or is there no spot on the EGS where it says when a game is being released?

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I'm torn about pausing the humble bundle sub now because a ton of people have paused theirs because the game is CoD4.

I'm wondering if they'll want to sweeten the pot more or if adding zombies was them sweetening it already.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    A lot of the games Epic have bribed signed exclusive deals with don't have official release dates yet.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Iblis wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »

I feel like I really liked the first and second games for a period of time, but the more I played them the more I started to bounce off them. The only one I feel I have too much affection for is the Presequel, which is considered the "bad one" by a lot of people.

I will probably get 3 to play with friends, but I'm feeling kind of wishy-washy about it. Randy Pitchford and Gearbox frequently tripping on their own dicks every few days like clockwork isn't helping.

My playtimes for Borderlands 1, 2, and the Pre-Sequel are 88, 64, and 23 hours respectively. I feel like that's pretty indicative.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    This is pretty cool news, Gamepass is a really nice service but it's been 99% console-oriented.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Listing for E3 panel on the Avengers game:
    "Embrace your powers and join key members of the development team at Crystal Dynamics and the creative team at Marvel Games as they talk exclusively about the upcoming Marvel’s Avengers. This is the defining Avengers gaming experience: an epic action-adventure that combines cinematic storytelling with continuous single-player and co-operative gameplay. Moderated by Andrea Rene, assemble in teams up to four players, master extraordinary abilities, customize your heroes to fit your playstyle, and combine powers to defend an ever-expanding world under constant threat."

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    That sounds cool as hell

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Void Bastards is...solid but I think I'm already done with nightly play after one night. I guess that's the curse of a run based game.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Things I've learned from playing Conan: Unconquered:
    1. Gotta go fast.
    2. Fire is bad.
    4. Fire is really bad.
    I would like to add WTF SPIDERS EVERYWHERE to that list.

Sounds like the game should be called Bruce: Unconquered

(with thanks to Monty Python's Flying Circus)

{why can't I find that sketch online anywhere?}

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Him and his wife (thejunglequeen on Twitch) have been streaming it for quite a while, it's kinda cool. It's Terraria + Diablo (way more Diablo) with some optional survival mechanics and a neat little town-building system.

simpsonstellmemore.gif

giphy.gif

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Apparently Larian is teasing Divinity Original Sin 3 on their website.

EDIT: Yep, there is a giant III on the main page lol

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Apparently Larian is teasing Divinity Original Sin 3 on their website.

EDIT: Yep, there is a giant III on the main page lol

no no you monsters

i don't have 200+ hours of free time anymore

Brolo on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I need to find myself a new casual video game. I keep installing this big expansive strategy games (Thea and Age of Wonders III are the two latest) and then immediately realizing that I do not have the time or patience for such things anymore.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    I didn't really end up like either of the first two Divinity OS games, but somehow am still excited for a third.

This discussion has been closed.