As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Bellringer sentry is strong enough to carry and there are enough good neutral aggro minions like ornery tortoise and the hench clan 5/5 of stats for 4

Plus secretkeeper and sunreaver spy
    Those are strong cards, but losing Divine Favor will be crippling. Some other notable losses include Hydrologist, Call to Arms, Tarim.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Yeah I feel like secret paladin will be really vulnerable to bad draw order and/or just running out of steam

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    so when I started reading through the new thread I popped open a new tab to quote a card later with the caption "WHAT THE FUCK"

and then I did that again

and again

and just stopped after the fourth time

here I thought they'd be lowering the power level for the first block of a new rotation, but apparently that's for the birds

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    vengeful scrolls and recurring villain are top-tier jokes, though

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    Yeah I feel like secret paladin will be really vulnerable to... running out of steam

*clings tightly to prince liam*

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    (4) 4/2 weapon with an upside feels like the prime weapon format.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

Fits really nice into any rogue deck running raiding party. Pretty excited for that deck.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Bellringer sentry is strong enough to carry and there are enough good neutral aggro minions like ornery tortoise and the hench clan 5/5 of stats for 4

Those are strong cards, but losing Divine Favor will be crippling. Some other notable losses include Hydrologist, Call to Arms, Tarim.
    Yeah I feel like secret paladin will be really vulnerable to bad draw order and/or just running out of steam

cult master's time to shine

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i think that rager will see play it's a respectable tempo play

it's not a straight up creeper cuz it can't cost 0 but the cost of having a decent health minion in the lategame is not high

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Thankfully it only took two coinflips games before I got my RoS pack and could bail out of this week's shit brawl.

• Options
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

Fits really nice into any rogue deck running raiding party. Pretty excited for that deck.

oddly enough though, any rogue deck running the Hooktusk package would not want to run Raiding Party since you don't wanna draw your pirates! and i feel that Hooktusk is just waaaay too strong to not run. but i'm sure there'll be Hooktusk-less decks that can run Raiding Party instead, esp with the new 4/3 Discover a Non-Rogue Spell Pirate.

but i do think Waggle Pick fits in basically every Rogue deck. insanely strong card.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    A non-shitty Rager???

Steel rager was a decent arena card.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    anyway expansion seems...fine? i don't see anything that makes me go "oh what the fuck" like Shadow Visions. obviously class identity is silly but, you know, of course it still is. doesn't really look like an expansion that'll see me playing aggressively again but i'd be very surprised if hearthstone went in a direction that evoked that response in me

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular

See I have had divine favor as a one off in my odd/aggro paladin lists and I'm not exaggerating when I say I haven't drawn it at all this season

Multiple times I've had to check and see if I actually had it in the deck

So you could say it has been good practice

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    The climb to rank 5 was weirdly frustrating this time around. I was mostly playing Mecha'thun Warlock as I slowly inch closer to getting golden heroes for every class, and I felt like I kept coming up against the absolute worst Hunters with the absolute best RNG. I eventually got frustrated, flipped over to Secret Paladin and just win-streaked my way in.

Thinking of Secret Paladin, I've been trying to figure out what'll make it work post-rotation.

Autodefense Matrix × 1
    Desperate Measures × 2
    Glow-Tron × 2
    Noble Sacrifice × 1
    Redemption × 2
    Repentance × 1
    Secretkeeper × 2
    Cathedral Gargoyle × 2
    Firetree Witchdoctor × 2
    Mysterious Blade × 2
    Bronze Herald × 2
    Call to Adventure × 2
    Commander Rhyssa × 1
    Nightmare Amalgam × 2
    Bellringer Sentry × 2
    Prince Liam × 1
    Crowd Roaster × 2
    Ysera × 1

This one might be too much in the way of neither fish nor fowl. The idea is that you have aggressive early game potential with Secretkeeper and Cathedral Gargoyle and Mysterious Blade, and then in the mid-game Prince Liam and your dragons push through what's left on the other side.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Some Taunt cards would help that Paladin deck. Why not add 2 Stonehill Defen .... *breaks down in tears*

• Options

See I have had divine favor as a one off in my odd/aggro paladin lists and I'm not exaggerating when I say I haven't drawn it at all this season

Multiple times I've had to check and see if I actually had it in the deck

So you could say it has been good practice
    Odd paladin without Divine Favor isn't really practicing. That deck is far less dependent on it.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I am enjoying that most of the theorycrafting stuff I've seen seems to feel a little different?

Just feels like new ideas (sort of) rather than a single card swap into existing decks.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Ran into this smug AF priest (redundant, I know) who was playing a heavy draw / low cost spell with questings, lyra, that weapon that summons dragons, and a TON of free 7/8 taunts (since you can add it to your hand for 0-2 mana and then play it for free.

It beat my quest warlock, :(

queue up again, same guy, same decks, he won again, BARELY.. really close game
    but the smug spam from them this time was next level... ugh

so I queue up with quest druid this time
    GUESS WHO I GET MATCHED FOR THE THIRD TIME IN A ROW

semi close game but quest druid wins =)

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    i lost to a quest hunter today at rank 6 and got bumped down to rank 7...........

AMA........................

:'(

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    What's your favorite kind of sandwich?

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Delduwath wrote: »

i'm a big fan of sandwiches. eat em all the time. i'll eat practically any fuckin' sandwich don't even front with me. put any weird meat you want between two vaguely bread shaped objects and i'll down that shit just you fuckin' watch

that said goddamn i love me a good tuna sandwich. i will never get tired of that shit.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    A good tuna sandwich is pretty fucking great. I knew there was some reason I didn't hate you, Dibby, now I know.

Also pretty great: Beating Odd Quest Warrior with Rush Warrior: https://hsreplay.net/replay/S49JiFL8Zwgwx3sULXsJEM

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »

i'm a big fan of sandwiches. eat em all the time. i'll eat practically any fuckin' sandwich don't even front with me. put any weird meat you want between two vaguely bread shaped objects and i'll down that shit just you fuckin' watch

that said goddamn i love me a good tuna sandwich. i will never get tired of that shit.
    So like, two stones carved into the shape of bread slices, you'll go to town on that?

How do you feel about open-face sandwiches? Me, I kinda prefer 'em - I find that an extra slice of bread fills me up really quick without being as satisfying. I'd rather get an extra layer of topping/filling on that sandwich than another slice of bread.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Open face sandwiches? Forget that alignment chart, you are a sandwich anarchist! (I actually don't mind them sometimes but usually prefer to have a standard sandwich that can be picked up and eaten line a sandwich)

Phyphor on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Any suggestions for a site to help theorycraft some decks for RoS? I'm most interested in trying out Spell Damage Hunter, Thief Rogue, and Silence Priest. My first shot at a Spell Hunter deck came out like this:

v2g2utfiytm0.png
    AAECAR8G7QWAB+73AqKKA+OLAwAM7QYAAKCFA7CLA/sBo4cDp4oDqALF7AIAAAA=

The idea is to try control the board and apply early pressure to reduce their life total down to a burstable range. 4 one-drops should help activate Headhunter's Hatchet, with the dream being a follow-up Bloodscalp Strategist. Burst damage starts around turn 8 and can come in a few ways:
    • Spellzerker, Rapid Fire Spellzerker, Rapid Fire x3, Arcane Shot x2 = 17 damage/8 mana
    • Spellzerker x2, Rapid Fire each Spellzerker, Rapid Fire x2, Arcane Shot x2 = 22 damage/10 mana
    • [Equipped Thori'dal] Spellzerker, Rapid Fire Spellzerker, Rapid Fire x3, Arcane Shot x2 = 29 (w/bow) damage/8 mana
    • [Equipped Thori'dal] Spellzerker x2, Rapid Fire each Spellzerker, Rapid Fire x2, Arcane Shot x2 = 32 (w/bow) damage/10 mana

While the bigger damage is a 6-card combo, if you've applied enough early pressure, you shouldn't need as much to burst FTW. In order to get your combo pieces, I added Arcane Fletcher. Using her in conjunction with your 1-drops, Ravencallers, and Halazzi Lynx's should get you all the damage cards you need. I tossed in a Witch's Cauldron to give extra value and reach from you Halazzi Lynxs. The rest of the cards are for board control, draw, and removal. Flare is a tech choice for card draw and in case Secret Paladin becomes and issue.

I had a Secret package (+1 explosive, +2 freezing, +1 Snake, +1 Snipe, +1 Subject 9), but I'm not sure if that's better than what I got here. Dilutes the draws from Fletcher and aren't generally pushing out early damage or control. Maybe a small package of 1-2 secrets might work.

Overall, I'm not sure if it's all that good. If I had to guess, someone with better deckbuilding skills than me will come up with something much better, and I'll just netdeck that version. Still, will be fun to give it a try in the early, untamed days of the new meta.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Any suggestions for a site to help theorycraft some decks for RoS? I'm most interested in trying out Spell Damage Hunter, Thief Rogue, and Silence Priest. My first shot at a Spell Hunter deck came out like this:

v2g2utfiytm0.png

The idea is to try control the board and apply early pressure to reduce their life total down to a burstable range. 4 one-drops should help activate Headhunter's Hatchet, with the dream being a follow-up Bloodscalp Strategist. Burst damage starts around turn 8 and can come in a few ways:
    • Spellzerker, Rapid Fire Spellzerker, Rapid Fire x3, Arcane Shot x2 = 17 damage/8 mana
    • Spellzerker x2, Rapid Fire each Spellzerker, Rapid Fire x2, Arcane Shot x2 = 22 damage/10 mana
    • [Equipped Thori'dal] Spellzerker, Rapid Fire Spellzerker, Rapid Fire x3, Arcane Shot x2 = 29 (w/bow) damage/8 mana
    • [Equipped Thori'dal] Spellzerker x2, Rapid Fire each Spellzerker, Rapid Fire x2, Arcane Shot x2 = 32 (w/bow) damage/10 mana

While the bigger damage is a 6-card combo, if you've applied enough early pressure, you shouldn't need as much to burst FTW. In order to get your combo pieces, I added Arcane Fletcher. Using her in conjunction with your 1-drops, Ravencallers, and Halazzi Lynx's should get you all the damage cards you need. I tossed in a Witch's Cauldron to give extra value and reach from you Halazzi Lynxs. The rest of the cards are for board control, draw, and removal. Flare is a tech choice for card draw and in case Secret Paladin becomes and issue.

I had a Secret package (+1 explosive, +2 freezing, +1 Snake, +1 Snipe, +1 Subject 9), but I'm not sure if that's better than what I got here. Dilutes the draws from Fletcher and aren't generally pushing out early damage or control. Maybe a small package of 1-2 secrets might work.

Overall, I'm not sure if it's all that good. If I had to guess, someone with better deckbuilding skills than me will come up with something much better, and I'll just netdeck that version. Still, will be fun to give it a try in the early, untamed days of the new meta.

Full combo doesn't work. The second spellzerker will die because the first one makes your rapid fire deal 3, killing it

Phyphor on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    How much gold do all the other freeloaders around here spend on an expansion? My goal is to get enough of the expansion to be able to make most decks but also leave enough to use for the next expansion. I've got 8k gold and about 16k dust. I reroll quests obsessively and missed maybe 2-3 quests total between RR and now.

I'm thinking I get 60 packs and use a max of 5k dust for this expansion?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    How much gold do all the other freeloaders around here spend on an expansion? My goal is to get enough of the expansion to be able to make most decks but also leave enough to use for the next expansion. I've got 8k gold and about 16k dust. I reroll quests obsessively and missed maybe 2-3 quests total between RR and now.

I'm thinking I get 60 packs and use a max of 5k dust for this expansion?

I start saving gold from dailies two months before an expansion comes out. I have 3800 now.

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »

v2g2utfiytm0.png

Full combo doesn't work. The second spellzerker will die because the first one makes your rapid fire deal 3, killing it

That's a darn fine point. Glad I didn't find that out in game. :D

Guess 29 for 8 mana is max burst. Probably best to leave the Spellzerker in though since there's no way to tutor it to your hand.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    By the way, a bunch of the more popular streamers (Toast, Kibler, etc) are at Blizzard HQ playing around with the new expansion. They're on test accounts that have all the new cards and are "laddering" against one another. You can find it on their individual streams.

They're able to theorycraft with devs and make whatever decks they want to try.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »

v2g2utfiytm0.png

That's a darn fine point. Glad I didn't find that out in game. :D

Guess 29 for 8 mana is max burst. Probably best to leave the Spellzerker in though since there's no way to tutor it to your hand.

I'd want to take it for a spin a few times to get the feel, but my gut wants to toss Halazzi for Leeroy.

I'm also finding it strange to see any Hunter deck without Rexxar. It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life . . .

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Rise of Shadow Streams and patch are live, everyone should get your leggo.

Kripp was cosplaying as Jaina.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CleanTrustworthyDoveRlyTho

Edit - Bomb Deck confirmed Tier 1. https://clips.twitch.tv/ManlyArtisticTarsierKappaClaus

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Huh. Seems I'm not supposed to let my 9 year old play Hearthstone according to Blizz customer service. I reported a name and mentioned by kid could've been playing and was told they would look into it but that a 9 year old isn't supposed to be playing.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    ESRB rating is T, which is 13+.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Huh. Never thought of that.

Also Vargoth in Rez Priest is fun. You can double the Mind Blast or the Rezing. Last game I had 3 of Vargoth out.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Huh. Never thought of that.

Also Vargoth in Rez Priest is fun. You can double the Mind Blast or the Rezing. Last game I had 3 of Vargoth out.

Called it.

damn you....

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Watching Trump play Bomb Warrior on stream. I forgot Boom Bots were Mechs. They get Rush from Dr. Boom.

Oh God! OH GOD!!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Watching Trump play Bomb Warrior on stream. I forgot Boom Bots were Mechs. They get Rush from Dr. Boom.

Oh God! OH GOD!!

Kibler: "Oh my god hahaha everything's exploding!"

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think at a minimum, I need to craft the Dr. Boom Hero from Boomsday. If for no other reason than to help me get over the loss of Garrosh.

Twitch: Thawmus83